Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private conversation between Volkihere Malacalo and Phineas

2 posters

Go down

A private conversation between Volkihere Malacalo and Phineas Empty A private conversation between Volkihere Malacalo and Phineas

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:01 am

Phineas sits down and indicates Volk to have the facing bench, so that the human can have the advantage in position and sit with his back to the wall.

“And what can I do for you?” Phineas asks.
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

A private conversation between Volkihere Malacalo and Phineas Empty Re: A private conversation between Volkihere Malacalo and Phineas

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 am

Volk takes a seat, and looks at Phineas both sad and serious.

"I've been thinking, a few months ago a creature took control of one of the people in our little settlement, and made that individual attack us, I had to disarm the person and then I had to control them until the spell wore off, it was difficult to keep them from hurting me, others, and them self. I have herd of a skill that allows you to knock someone unconscious with a single hit to the back of the head, harmlessly incapacitating someone. If something like that ever happens again I do not want to ever have to hurt one of my friends to to keep this settlement safe." He says with a sad and serious tone in his voice.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

A private conversation between Volkihere Malacalo and Phineas Empty Re: A private conversation between Volkihere Malacalo and Phineas

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:12 am

"Do you have or know anyone who does have that skill."

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:33 am

The Halfling smiles, perhaps a little cryptically, takes a long look at the human and replies in a low voice.

“You are asking about a fairly well known but relatively advanced technique,” Phineas states flatly. “Like most advanced martial training, it’s a good thing to know. And be well aware, it does take a fair amount of time for most to learn.”

The Halfling quickly leaves and returns with a large flagon on ale and places it in front of Volk.

“Of course, I know many expert fighters who can train you in this and other advanced techniques,” he says. “Although it may take until the spring or early summer before the right expert can be convinced to spend the required amount of time with you.”

After a moment, the Halfling Tavern-keeper continues.

“I hope that you are still considering taking on the duties of Sheriff for our community," he says. "At least for the time being.”

“You do seem to be uniquely qualified for the post,” Phineas states. “And I am very motivated to have a very well-trained constabulary to keep our community safe!”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:33 am

"So if I learn this skill, I will be unable to continue my duties as sherif?"

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:50 am

“No, you really misunderstand me!” The Halfling laughs. “Not at all. I mean that you would probably be even better qualified to be Sheriff if you were better trained! Learning to quickly subdue somebody without any permanent damage is a handy thing to know.”

“What I meant is that, as long as you agree to be Sheriff and keep the peace around here, I will do what it takes to help you better yourself and improve your “Sheriff-ing” skills.”

The Halfling stops, looks the black clad man up and down.

“I think that you will make a great Sheriff for this little town of ours and, if you agree, I will promise to help get in contact with the best people I know to teach you,” he says. “And if those that teach have a price, I will try to get you the lowest rate that I can. Believe me, I can usually get the best price for almost anything.”

Phineas pauses to take a sip out of his own mug.

“Recently I met a local monk, a Dwarven Brother, who will teach to anyone to wrestle for the price of a good meal and an unusual amount of ale! He showed me a few moves I had never seen before.”

“What do you say???”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm

" I say yes" he holds out his hand, to welcome a hand shake.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:42 am

In response to the human’s obvious agreement to officially accept the duties of law-keeper, the Halfling happily laughs.

“We can do better than that!”

Phineas quickly stands, rushes behind the counter, pulls out a very fancy looking green and gold bottle and a number of very small crystal-glass drinking cups.

“This is the very best Elvish Brandy-Wine Spirit that I have been able to find on the Island”

He quickly pours two glasses for one each of them plus one for everyone present.

“With great celebration, I hereby declare to one and all that our good man Volkihere Malacalo be Sheriff of this place. I hope that all of you will join me as I raise a glass to you, Sheriff Volk!”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:48 am

Volk raises his glass

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down