Making the most of an immobile situation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:22 pm

[Sept. 21, 5:30 AM]

Timmean's eyes slowly opened and he lifted his head to peer out the windows of the bunkhouse; pale light streamed in through them, but the other residents still seemed to be asleep. Early morning, no doubt. Even when I can't walk, there's no escaping a farmer's early-morning wakeup.

Doing his best to ignore the pain in both legs, he forced himself into a sitting position and pulled on a tunic. Once in position, he reached into his mana bag and pulled out a single water mana. Staring at the tiny ball of green energy, he contemplated everything that had happened in the past few days. There was nothing surprising about the dangers faced by the town, or even his own injuries. On the other hand, the visit from Link - or, he believed, Lynn - had left him greatly relieved, though most of his questions from the past years were still un-answered. Most curious of all was being named the water champion; having spent his life working the earth and studying its magic, he found the appointment perplexing. Still, thinking back to his arrival on the island, it made a certain kind of sense. Regardless, the selections had been made, and he was determined to live up to his new title. Closing his eyes and mentally blocking out the pain, he focused his attention on the mana, and the magic it contained. His repertoire of water magic was limited indeed, but that could change...

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:10 pm

As his meditation progresses, Timmean begins to hear the sounds of other people beginning to wake up. Keeping his eyes closed, he begins listening intently, waiting for either a warrior (to help carry him out of the inn), or Horns (to hopefully begin discussing surgery options).

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Horns on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Horns stirs, then yawns and stretches. He lays in bed for a few minutes, then forces his legs over the side and pushes himself up. He begins the slow process of belting on his tunic, and fits his hat over his horns. Figuring he looked half presentable, he begins to walk towards the door, and notices Timmean upright.

"Old Man Tim, I know we're supposed to respect our elders, but this simply wont do! You can't be getting yourself into all sorts of contorted positions; one leg is full of shards of bone, and the other doesn't even have that!"

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Timmean opens his eyes and raises one eyebrow towards Horns. "My name is Timmean. And really, I just sat up. My legs haven't even moved."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Horns on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Horns fusses with Timmean's legs, feeling them and ensuring that everything is as it should be. "Hm... Alright. They seem okay. But you need to be careful, Old Man Tim!" Horns backs away. "So, I hear Volk is going to be learning that fancy-shmancy Earth spell Sophie used on his eyes. Will that fix the damage in your legs?"

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:16 pm

You hear a thump followed by a quiet grumble as a hungover Grayfeared rolls from his bunk, he begins to head to the door, when he notices Horns and Timmean. "Mornin lads, up early for your morning jog Tim?"
avatar
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Timmean directs his raised eyebrow at Grayfeared, then shifts his bedding to reveal the bandaged knee, which has an unnaturally deep depression where the kneecap should be. Not even bothering to answer the last question, he turns his attention back to Horns. "I think so; as far as I know, that spell should be able to replace any damaged - or lost - body part. But I have no idea how long it'll take him to learn it; he's been studying earth magic very intently, but it's an advanced spell, and those can take time to master. As much as I'd like to be all flesh, blood, and bone again, for now I'll take whatever will get me mobile again." Sighing, he continues, "I expect that'll mean more metal bone replacements... am I right?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Horns on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Horns laughs at Greyfeared's comment, and again at Timmean's. "Pretty soon, all your bones will be metal!" As he realizes what he just said, a look of excited awe passes over Horns face. "ALL OF YOUR BONES COULD BE METAL! HOW INCREDIBLE WOULD THAT BE? I COULD DESIGN THEM ALL, AND ONE OF THE BLACKSMITHS COULD MAKE THEM, AND..." Horns, realizing this is probably not the direction the mage wants to go, clears his throat. "Um, but, yes, I would be very happy to replace those bones for you!" He smiles broadly. "I'll need to design something to replace the new broken bone, though..." He trails off, lightly tracing the air with his finger, making notes and muttering to himself. He runs to his bunk, produces some paper, and jots some things down. Returning to Timmean and Greyfeared, he says, "You'll need to recruit one of the blacksmiths to make them, though; with Borin away, perhaps our new Dwarf-like friend will help us? Or Aster, though I haven't seen him around lately. You should also know that it took Borin a fair amount of metal-I think he said three pieces?-for the first knee, so unless you can get the old one back from the void mage we'll need that much again, plus enough for the other bone." Horns bounces slightly. "The first one went so well, I can't wait to see how these turn out!"

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Torvallis! on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:51 am

Torvallis! popped their head into the bunkhouse

"Shhhhhhh, shhhhhhh, shhhhh. Don't wake everyone up yet, I'm only half done breakfast!

Morning Old Man Tim!"

Torvallis! popped back out, leaving their rats, Lunch & Dinner, excitedly jumping at the head of the bunk.

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Timmean blinks at the sudden comments from Torvallis, then reaches to the side of his bunk and pulls out a piece of paper and pen. Holding the paper up against the wall, he begins writing. After a few minutes and a few pauses, he holds the paper out towards Horns. "Here; post this on the noticeboard. Hopefully we'll get some leads."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Horns on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Horns takes the paper and reads it over, nodding. "Alright, I'll go post that up right now!" He heads out of the bunkhouse.

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:23 pm

"Leads on what?"
As you turn around you see a flower pot.
Then the flowerpot shakes slightly to the sound of a voice "if you need metal I can lone you some."
The pot freezes for a moment, then begins shaking again
"I only ask one thing in return... After you get your old limbs back, I want the prosthetics."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:08 am

Timmean raises and eyebrow, then shrugs.

"That's fine with me, though I'm not sure how Horns will feel about it. That would take care of one of the major issues. Then we just need to find a suitable blacksmith to do the forging..."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Malva on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Malva sleepily rolls over in her bunk, slumps her head over the rail, and mumbles "Why are you all up so early... why is Volk a flower pot?"
She rolls back into her bunk and mumbles muffled-ly into her pillows "We don't even have flower pots..."
avatar
Malva

Posts : 428
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Timmean just shrugs. With Horns gone, and everyone else still asleep, he again closes his eyes and returns his focus to the water mana in his hand, waiting for someone who could help him move.

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:02 pm

A fist bursts from the talking flower pot, and Volk flys out from the dirt in an aw inspiring spectical of earth magic, that defys any and all scientific explanation, Volk then lands on the ground, and outstreaches his hand to Timmean.
"Horns left to find you a smith, do you want a hand seeing what he is up to."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Timmean on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Timmean, having opened his eyes at the noise, raises an eyebrow and shrugs. "Actually, I'd rather get down to the water circle. I can't do much to help with the forging; I have to rely on Horns and whatever blacksmith he can find to properly form the pieces. I just need to be around for the... blueprint. But until Horns is ready for that, I have new responsibilities to attend to, and new magic to learn."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 360
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Volk gently carries Timmean to the water circle. OOG: Volk leaves the bunk house with Timmean.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making the most of an immobile situation

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum