A cold winter's day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A cold winter's day

Post by Torvallis! on Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Torvallis! had long since cooked the evening's meal, (onion buns), and the fire was burning happily.

All that was left was to pass the winter evening in comfort and boredom.
They sat down further from the fire that they were normally dare, and began strumming quietly, discordantly, on a small instrument.

" . . . and he burns burns burns, the Lord of Fire! The Lord of Fire . . ."

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A cold winter's day

Post by Torvallis! on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 am

[march 21st, 1:30pm]

T! is milling about the inn after lunch. There's not much happening at the forge, the circles seems okay last time they did a patrol.

" . . . don't suppose anyone wants to learn fire magic? Heat you up on a cold day?"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Degren walks into the Inn and sits down, pouring himself a tall,foaming glass of mead before sitting down. He sits in silence, quietly drinking and picking grime from beneath his fingernails. After the drink's gone, he turns to Torvalilis! and says, " I'm not too keen on learnin' fire magic, Lad. But, I am curious to know more about these lords of the elements, if you're willing to speak. Are they gods? or do they work for gods?"

Degren Brightforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:08 pm

"Well, that's a difficult question. What is a god? If a god is merely a powerful being, then yes! Entirely! It is has been told to me in legend that when the four elemental lords were fighting with each other that they ravaged the entire land and killed many.

Is a god a creator of the world?

Then perhaps. I believe that my fire mana are gifts to me from Lord Fire, a knot of the essence of flame in themselves. Such a thing would require creation, would it not? And who but the essence of flame himself to create the magic of fire that flows through the world?
In that, I do believe the lords create something from nothing.

Are they gods in the sense that they may have created the world?

I am less certain of that, but it remains possible. Between the four elements, and the one above, and the one below, I am led to believe it is possible, but complicated, to make anything that we can find in the world. If they are creators, then given much time they could have created the entire world, no?

But did the essence of fire exist first, or did fire exist first? Which one brought which into existence? There are many things in the world that are not clearly one element, which implies teamwork. And then, are we to believe that Lord Fire and the despicable lady conspired together to create steam? That Lord Air and Lord Earth sat down one day and said: 'Hey, y'know what? We need a place where the earth meets the air!' and BAM! mountains? Surely the essence of essence, the magic of creation, could explain much, but fire and water make the essence of void, the magic of destruction, instead. So how does one explain steam and mountains?

And do they work for gods? To my knowledge, no, they work only for themselves, each of them themselves embodying what they believe to be right in the world, (and of course, only Lord Fire is correct).

Yet they ask of us to believe in the balance between them. . . maybe they serve no higher power, but oppose a lower one."

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:43 pm

[Mar 26th, 9pm]

Whiling away another cold day in the inn after chores, Torvallis!, bereft of an audience for folk tales, is currently singing at some wooden lute picks arranged on a drawn pentagram on the table.

(OOC: I know we have guitars in game, and I know lutes don't use picks, but it feels wrong to talk about guitar picks in larp)

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top