Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keket's Medical Training

4 posters

Go down

Keket's Medical Training Empty Keket's Medical Training

Post by Horns Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:55 am

Horns walks into the bunkhouse and sits down on one of the benches. He puts his medic-bag in his lap and begins organizing it, waiting for Lady Keket to arrive.

Horns

Back to top Go down

Keket's Medical Training Empty Re: Keket's Medical Training

Post by Keket Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:34 pm

-lady Keket would come in not long after Horns came into the bunkhouse she would look for him seeing him she went over to him-

"Hello Horns i came to learn more about medic..really intresting most I add"

-she would go to sit next to him or were every Horn would say to sit-
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:46 pm

"Ah, excellent! Always happy to have more medics around, and always happy to teach them. How much medical knowledge do you have already?"

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:07 pm

i have some medic training another fawn showed me i can tell if there the ah.. alive?

(og medic 2 not sure how to write that out other then that way)
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:03 pm

(OOG: Flora taught Keket medic 1 and 2, so she should know how to tell if someone is conscious/alive, and be able to stabilize them correctly)
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:04 pm

(OOG thanks i also seem to have forgot to wirte another "o" XD)
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:05 pm

Horns's eyes light up. "Ah, I think that you're ready to learn the most important fundamental of being a medic! The act of actually repairing wounds!" He smiles brightly. "Now, we'll need a volunteer..." He looks around the room.

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:08 pm

-shed blinked seeing horns act like this it was abit shocking really to her somewhat but she would kinda smile back to him-

"repairing wounds? like what i seen you doing the first night i was here working on some pour girl and started to count?! then she scream in pain? type of wounds?!"

-she seemed wide eyed slightly but yet wanted to learn-
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Keket Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:34 pm

- keket blinked seeing Trovallis! coming inside in such a bad sate shed rushed over and kneeled down beside them as shed would check them over seeing that they have fallen unconscious shed would also check there pulse and start to sabuiles them as she mostly focused on T! leg, shed then looked at horns once this was done -

"I knew rats were bad but this holy moons! well Horns looks like you got you  looking for faster then i thought would happen..."

Last edited by Keket on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:44 pm

"Well, actually, probably not those kinds of wounds, not with your level of experience. No, you need to first learn how to heal things like nicks, cuts, bites, slashes, stab wounds... That sort of thing! The sorts of wounds the townsfolk might get from a fight, or from being out and about." Horns shrugs. "If you'd like, though, eventually I can teach you how to do that sort of thing! Removing damaged bone, reattaching limbs, and doing complex surgeries are all things an accomplished medic is capable of!" Looking over, Horns notices Keket's shocked expression. "Oh, the Lynn surgery certainly isn't the norm, if that's what you're thinking. I would normally never let anyone remain awake for that sort of procedure; it is much too painful. But she refused to let me knock her out, and it needed to be done in order for her to be healthy again, so I did what was necessary to ensure the health of my patient."

Horns jumps to his feet as Torvallis! stumbles into the inn. He rushes to their side. "Ah, lady Keket, good, good!" He takes a kneeling position and puts extra pressure on the now-bandaged wound with his knee, in order to free up his hands. He looks at Keket as he produces two needles and a spool of thread from his medic bag. He cuts a fathom of thread, then holds one of the needles up into the air, so Keket can observe his motions. He puts the thread through the eye of the needle and ties it. He cuts more thread and hands it to his charge, along with the second needle. He waits for Keket to thread it, and then turns back to Torvallis!.

"First-off, I'm going to show you a stitch which is very basic, but very quick, that you can use in the field to bring someone up in a pinch. Then, I'll show you a slower, more reliable stitch, which you can use to really make sure the wound will nicely heal, along with some other techniques to ensure the injured person is healthy and ready to go."

Horns swiftly changes position, lifting his leg off the wound and replacing it with his left hand. When he's sure Keket is watching closely, he removes the bandage, holds the wound as closed as possible, and begins doing the quick stitch. Once he thinks Keket has seen enough to replicate it, he stops, ties off the thread, and says, "Here, you finish it off! I'll let you know if you make any mistakes, and I'll keep pressure on the wound to make sure nothing happens to Torvallis!."

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:58 pm

-shed nodded watching horns closely as they work on T! As shed then would also do the needles and thread it as she tie it off on the end and then counite to watch him doing the stitching, once he was he done with showing this stitching shed would start to give it a try trying to do just like Horns had done at time shed would look up at T! face then to Horns then back to what she was doing -

yea... at less this is one way to get me into things fast! and helps making you not scared to do it?
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:16 pm

"Yes, learning by doing has always seemed like the best way, to me! It's much quicker, and much longer lasting, in my opinion." He leans in to inspect Keket's work. "Quite good! If you want to make the stitch stronger, you can also do this..." He demonstrates a different technique. "But I think you've got the right idea! Let's move on to the second type of stitching I mentioned; it takes longer, but it's much more effective." He begins to show her how it's done. "Mixing in the technique I just showed you, it's a little more like this..." And, once again, he demonstrates for a while.

"Now, you can try!"

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:48 pm

-shed blinked seeing t! with this look on there face as shed looked to horns watching them once more as she would also now start to do it once more just like horns-

" yes that does seem to work better you remember it easier this is a lot like my study's"
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:11 pm

"Ah, good! I'm glad to hear it." Horns smiles. "Your technique is quite good! I think that you've got the hang of it now, for sure. Before we wake Torvallis! up, though, we should check them for poison. It's unlikely that the rat would have poisoned them, but it's good for you to know the signs, and it's always better to be err on the side of caution."

Horns gets closer to Torvallis!'s body, and demonstrates actions as he says them. "First, check their breathing and their heart rate." Horns produces a small dagger, which Torvallis!'s breath quickly fogs. He then checks the fire mage's pulse at the wrist. "Check for any strange muscle activity," he does so, "as well as fever." He looks up at Keket. "If the person is conscious, they might complain about blurred vision, or they may seem dazed; these can also be signs of poisoning."

He gets up and moves back from the patient. "I think they're good to go. If you would do the honours and wake them up, I think we can be on our way!"

((OOG: I'll sign off on Medic 3!))

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:59 pm

-shed smiled happily as Horns said this-

"thank you Horns i learn well..and thats how you check and know if there poisoned ah.. i shell write this all down later itll be good to also have on hand! and i i would love to wake them up!"

shed took some smelling salts out after watching Horns-

"time to smell the... cheese!"
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down