Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of Iron (Take 2)

3 posters

Go down

Knights of Iron (Take 2) Empty Knights of Iron (Take 2)

Post by Degren Brightforge Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Degren steps out onto the porch, just outside the inn. He glances about, looking for the telltale daggers of the Knights, but, seeing none, pops back into the building and grabs a small, twisted rams horn from his Dwerse. Again, he slips through the door, and blows a long, deep blast through the horn, calling his brothers to the inn. He returns to the inn and pours himself a tall, foaming, ale and sips it happily, awaiting his friends' return.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Knights of Iron (Take 2) Empty Re: Knights of Iron (Take 2)

Post by Pierre Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Pierre enters the inn, and grabs a bottle of wine. He takes a sip and immediately spits it out, "Piss water tastes better than dis!" and continues to drink from the bottle. He eyes Degren sitting alone and ventures to sit with him. "Bonjour Sir Degren! I've come to answer the call, what news have you in-store for today?"
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Degren eyes the small, red stain on the floor, "I dunnae care if it tastes like piss, booze is booze, lad... That's a Torrag Damned shame, that is..." He sniffs, and takes a deep drink from his mug, " Aye, I called ye here to help hammer out a few details about our order. Namely, gaining new recruits and, possibly, working on increasing our armaments. I'm working on bringing in as much metal as I can, to improve our weapons and armour. But a few of us have, including you, have weapons that aren't made of metal. We need to find a skilled wood worker, at least. And, we might go so far as to gather more magical items, to increase our power. Also, we should look into finding a way to attract more people to our ranks. And, we can all just talk about any ideas we might have."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:11 pm

"Very well, I hope that Auron and Datura can join us soon so that they may help bounce some ideas around. Maybe you can use my face on a poster, it would definitely attract others to join our faction." *hysterical french laughter*
"I wouldn't mind having some cloaks though, it'd be nice to keep warm on those cold nights watching over Holdfast."
"And I overheard that you've recruited monsieur Sky, is that true? He would make an excellent knight"
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:36 pm

"Pierre, if we had your face on the poster, every lass within twenty miles would be linin' up to join the Order, regardless of whether or not they're fightin' fit! We have. He seems like quite a nice fit. Now, he hasn't actually taken the Vows yet, but he should be ready soon."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 pm

"So as of right now, he's considered rank of Squire? And be ranked to Knight once the vows are taken, correct? And do you have the authority to promote, and demote, ranks?"
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm

"Aye, I suppose I do. We should discuss that eventually as well. Specifically, what it takes to rank up, and under what circumstances we would demote our brothers. Obviously, breaking our vows is one way to get smacked down the ladder. Any other plans?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:46 am

"Bringing in recruits should have an impact on someone's rank, of course depending on their already rank and how many people they bring. And moments when someone shows devotion to the vows in dire consequences. But pulling rank on someone in poor fashion will result in disciplinary action, such as, 'Squire, fetch me a drink' or 'Rub my feet' can result in immediate demotion."
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:14 pm

"Aye. As we discussed, the rank's arent really there so we can make people do what we want. More of a way to make sure that we always have a leader. If I die,or I'm gone, it's important that we have someone to take my place. But devotion to our vows are an excellent way to advance"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:53 am

"I've also started a collection of metal so I can upgrade our weapons. But I need to know what weapons we have, and how much I need to collect. Also, do you know any woodsmiths around town? We need to upgrade your staff, there. I can handle the silver, but we need a master...whittler?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:19 pm

"Woodworker is the word you seek mon ami. And I do not know of anyone off the top of my head. If we are to make upgrades of our weapons, we should start with our main ones first and secondary ones after. Is it even possible to better my staff though? To a lot of people, a stick is still a stick."
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 pm

"Aye, but you've got sticks, and then you've got... Sticks. I mean, Just as there are different types of steel, there's different types o' wood. Not to mention there are likely a thousand different alchemical ways strengthen wood to the strength of iron, i'm sure. We just need to find a person who can do it. I'll make up a notice for the board and see if I can suss out our Wittler-- err, Woodworker."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:51 pm

"Maybe we can swing some deals with your forge, pull a free armor repair for a favor with someone else as an example. Maybe even use the forge to help recruit for the Knights. There's not a whole lot of services I can offer, but I'm sure I can find something sooner than later."
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:30 pm

"I'd be willing to offer repairs for favours. But I'm not certain that using my forge as a recruitment, but I'm sure we can get a few flyers and hand 'em out with every repair. I know ye aren't a man fer letters, so I figured you don't know. Word is, that there's a bunch of fancy pantsie's on their way down here. Lokin' for a dance and some other junk. Says they're holdin' a feast, givin' out gifties, and holding a masquerade dance. We need a new fancy getup, my good man."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:38 am

Auron enters the inn with a bottle in hand. He looks to Pierre, and motions the bottle to him. "I know you aren't a fan of what they call ale here. This is a bottle of the good stuff, an excellent vintage. It was a reward for a job I did a while back. Have at it." He places the bottle down on the table and takes a seat next to his friends.

"How are things, brothers?"
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:41 pm

"Things go well, lad. It's been a while. Pierre and I have been discussing our situation, and how we can strengthen ourselves. So far, I've begun working on our weapons, and improving them. We're open to new ideas, and suggestions. And, for that matter, what do you think about the coming ball?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:17 pm

"I respect other forms of the alcohol, but I would rather this piss water over anything that isn't wine. Wine just has a...'je ne sais quoi' about it"
Pierre then briefs Auron of all the things above that were mentioned to catch him up to speed.
"Also, have you seen Datura anywhere?"
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:03 pm

"I have not seen Datura recently, no. I believe I heard he was leaving with Sky a while back, perhaps he is still on that mission. Also, Degren, I'm not sure I'm a big fan of parties. However, if there is to be an event, I'll do my part to make it work!"
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:57 pm

"Aye, I'm pretty sure they had business together a while back. As far as that dance goes, I'm hoping I can get a few of us to volunteer for guard duty. I don't expect an attack force, but the idea of everyone sitting around in dress makes me feel uncomfortable. Even if a few of us take ten or fifteen minute shifts, we can all enjoy the festivities, while maintaining a watch. But, I'd also like an officer in there speaking with these... royal guests. If they prove to be friends of Holdfast, their support could be useful in the future."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down