Clearing the Land

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:51 pm

"I don't know if its a good idea for Volk to be learning Fire magic." Even worse he's learning fire magic from Torvallis! and an eccentric Elf Lady. Ira shifts uncomfortably realizing that her spell will soon be wearing off. She looks over at Tim who is clearly lost in thought.

"Ummm... Tim I think we'd better get out of this burn before we, um, you know re-materialize and start to burn." she says skipping over to the other side of ditch and landing insubstantially on the wet grass.

"Come on! We can watch from over here!"
avatar
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:44 pm

"...Hm? Oh, uh, right!"

Tearing his gaze away from the strange (and mildly alarming) display of fire magic, Timmean follows Ira out of the burn area. Glancing back at the patch of soon-to-be ash, he pauses, then takes another three large steps away from the burn, into the open field behind the Watering hole.

"So, um... I'm not sure if there's much more to do at this point, other than waiting for the burn to be finished. Well, that, and making sure those two don't get... ah... overzealous."
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 358
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Borin Ironhammer on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:56 am

Borin walks around the tavern leaning on his axe for support, tired after a long days work at the forge. He looks over at the all of the commotion for a moment his face unchanging as he takes it all in, from the dancing fire mages to the mortified onlookers. And the sherif that for some reason that borin could only assume was ale, was standing in the middle of the fire. Then, without a word, he turns and walk straight into the tavern.

Borin Ironhammer

Posts : 238
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Torvallis! on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm

"Okay, the power of fire . . .

This is going to be very brief, there's not much to it at the very basic level. And we have lots of flames around!

See how the streams of fire mana all gather at one point in the flames? And remember how the easiest way to make fire mana is to grab at flame?

Don't do that. I didn't cast an 'engulf' spell on my hands today, it doesn't even last nearly this long, my hands are actually on fire and it doesn't hurt because I burned away the nerve endings a long time ago. I keep meaning to learn how to set fires properly without fire magic, but everytime I do I set myself on fire. Anyways, it IS the easiest method, but you rather like your hands, I'm guessing.

Anyways, to make a fire mana, one would look for such a locus of fire magic, and just, kinda . . . tie it together. You can encourage them and create them by praising Lord Fire and, of course, making fires. Some of the most magically aware can even take fireballs and flames and re-form them into mana, because the streams take a few seconds to fully untangle. It's actually a fair amount of force that goes into forming fire mana, whether through your hands trying to grasp the streams, or the energy that goes into the fire that gathers them and lets them tangle together naturally, and that's all the energy that gets released when it untangles itself as you cast a spell. The magic guides the energy to become what it needs to become.

Could you fetch a bandage from Timmean? I accidentally burnt all mine."

(OOC: pick your preferred reality: T! is serious about their hands being on fire, or T! is bullshitting Volk for fun)

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:39 am

(OOC: I'll pick hands on fire, that seem like the most Torvallis! Thing he could do right now.)
"Ok I'll find Timmean"
Volk walks towards the inn shouting "Timmean! Torvallis needs bandages he is on fire, again!"

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 am

"His HANDS are ON FIRE?!?"

Acting on instinct, Timmean immediately starts to rush forward; about three steps later, he grinds to a halt as his brain kicks in. In a more cautious tone, he yells back to Volk:

"Hang on, are you sure he doesn't WANT them to be on fire? This IS Torvallis, right? I've got bandages here, but he'll have to put the fire out the hard way!"

Reaching into his pouch with one hand, Timmean grabs a handful of bandages. He continues to stare at the burn area, trying to figure out if there's actually an emergency or not.

avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 358
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am

"Hell, I don't know if this is an emergency, he has been on fire at least fifty present of the time talk to him but he usually handles it himself.he needs a bandage that is all I know." He says to Timmean.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Timmean raised an eyebrow, suddenly considerably less concerned, and mildly annoyed with the antics of the fire mages. He holds out his hand, palm opened with the bandages free for Volk to take.

"Um, well then, here you are. Oh, and do me a favor, will you? If he doesn't actually need these, slap him for me. Or dump some water on him once he's out of the burn area."
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 358
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:11 pm

"Thank you." He says in a nicer tone but still a little antagonized.

He walks to Torvallis! and Lady Val.

"Should I give you the bandages now or wait for you to put out, your, hand fire?"

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Torvallis! on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:13 pm

"It'll go out in time, I just need to wait a bit and remember not to set my robe on fire or scratch my nose!"

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:28 am

"Torvallis! dear whyever didn't you ask me to heal you? Surely my healing magic is far superior to those rags!" says Lady Val with a small pout. "Now Volk let me show you the healing power of Faerie."

Lady Val snaps out her fan to quell the mages burning hands and delicately takes them in her own. "The Earth will heal you 3 points!" in an instant Torvallis!' charred hands are repaired.

"Now Sheriff Malacalo, let this be a lesson to you, never set your hands on fire unless you know what you are doing." she says haughtily, "And as for you dearest Torvallis! I do hope that you will be more careful in future." she chides letting go of his hands and immediately whipping out her fan again.
avatar
Lady Val

Posts : 201
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:30 am

"Well I guess since I'm done here I might as well go and see if Phineas or Horns need any help!" With that she pops back into the physical plane and bounces off towards the Inn.
avatar
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:34 am

Timmean glances at Ira as she hurries off, then turns back to the burn area, nervously biting his lip.

There goes our water mage... this burn better not get out of hand. And... was that... healing magic? I remember that fancy elf mentioned she had experience with earth spells... this could be interesting.

With that, Timmean re-materializes and takes a few steps backwards, waiting and watching as the burn continues.
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 358
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 am

"Where did Ira and you come from? Volk looks at Timmean confused.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by AD on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:07 pm

((OOG: Any and all interactions with Timmean did not happen. He was immaterial with air and could not be interacted with until he re-materialized.))

AD
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2014-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:12 pm

((OOG: . . . good catch.

Other OOG: do we have much left to do here, or can we say 'the burn goes well'? I'm hesitant to declare the status of it in case anyone wants to pull mischief or further roleplay, but it feels like it's petered out right now

Other other OOG: Do we want to start putting a timestamp on this, and what should that timestamp be? 'Dec 29th' or somewhen around there? (ie: shortly after potato day). We shoulda started with one, but we didn't)

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:15 pm

((OOG: Is that what we mean by timestamp? I always thought it meant the time when you posted. Oops! Also does Epoch have the same names of the month as the Georgian calendar or is it different (i.e. is December called December or is it NivĂ´se or something)?))
avatar
Lady Val

Posts : 201
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:35 pm

((OOG: Well, if you start a new topic, then generally the timestamp will = the forum timestamp. But, like here, where we're continuing for months on what seems to be a single day, roleplay time gets a bit screwy, so we should've been explicitly stating that with roleplay timestamps on every post. I don't know about the months))

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Lady Val looks about and sees that the burn has just about run its course. She smiles satisfyingly and turns to the half-breed and human.

"Well now, it looks as if we are about done here. If you will excuse me gentleman I believe I have business to attend to elsewhere. Oh, and Torvallis! do be careful."

As she gathers her skirts to leave she gives a polite nod to the human farmer who as suddenly decided to reappear and seeing his pensive expression gives him a subtle wink before walking back towards her caravan. Yes it appears this place is quite interesting indeed.
avatar
Lady Val

Posts : 201
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:46 pm

"I'll stay around for a while, make sure the fire doesn't start back up again for a few hours.

Ah, Timmean, there you are! I sent Volk to go get some bandages from you . . . I burned all mine by accident trying to get bandages from my pouch to bandage my hands, which I accidentally set on fire. However, the Lovely Lady Val already lent her assistance, so if Volk asks for bandages later, you can tell him I'm already taken care of."

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Timmean blinked, glancing from Torvallis, to the smoldering field, and back again.

"Um, sure, gladly. It seems like everything is going well, I'll give the ground a day or two to cool, then do a little tilling before I get the first crops in."

Timmean takes a few steps toward the area, slowly beginning to circle and examine the new field.

"Oh! And be more careful with your bandages - and hands - from now on!"
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 358
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:18 pm

"Huh? Oh, I meant *I* was sticking around, and that I was going to make sure the fire didn't start back up again"

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

After slowly making his way around the smoldering lot, Timmean nods to himself, satisfied with the progress thus far. Smiling slightly, he turns and walks toward the bunkhouse, intent on getting a little rest before continuing the work.
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 358
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Torvallis! on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Torvallis! could be heard muttering and humming for a long time, walking along the perimeter of the blackened field until well after dark.

Nodding, satisfied,they broke into song long after any sensible non-fauns would be in bed.

"Gentlefolk it is me duty
To inform you of one beauty
Though I ask of you a favour
No' to after her, inquire
Though I own she is of elven,
Of beauty down from heaven,
No words can paint the picture
Of the qu'in amidst the fire

And if you could have seen her there
B'ys, if you had just been there
The flame was in her movement
And the sunrise in her smile
All the roses in the garden
They bow'd and ask'd for pardon
For she'd burned them all in fervor
In the worshirp of Lord Fire

On the evening that I mentioned
I passed with dark intention
Through a part of our dear isle
Known for beauty and for style
In a place of noble thinkers
Of scholars and great drinkers
She had burned them all to cinders,
All was ash for miles and miles

And if you could have seen her there
B'ys, if you had just been there
The flame was in her movement
And the sunrise in her smile
All the roses in the garden
They bow and ask for pardon
For she'd burned them all in fervor
In the worshirp of Lord Fire

So me folks I needs must leave you
My intentions no' to grieve you
Nor indeed would I deceive you:
Oh I must build me a pyre.
I must find some way to gain her
To court her and attain her
I fear my heart's in danger
From the Qu'in amidst the fire

And if you could have seen her there
B'ys, if you had just been there
The flame was in her movement
And the sunrise in her smile
All the roses in the garden
They bow and ask for pardon
For she'd burned them all in fervor
In the worshirp of Lord Fire"

And pleased enough with the sound of it, hobbled off into the bunkhouse for some rest.

Torvallis!

Posts : 367
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by AD on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm

*quiet smoke stills furls into the night and the coals glow brightly under the ash. A gust of wind blows some of the ashes off, showing the live coals beneath. As the wind picks up, the coals glow brighter and small flames are stirred awake from the coals. The burnt field is now glowing orange and is alive with small flames. A large gust of wind proceeds to scatter small brush onto the field where it catches and starts to burn brightly. As the wind continues to blow small brush onto the field, it also blows the flaming brush off on the field and into the forest surrounding it. Small fires are starting to take hold in the surrounding forest and on the field.*

AD
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2014-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum