Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Ink

2 posters

Go down

Looking for Ink Empty Looking for Ink

Post by Lady Val Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:55 pm

Lady Val walks into the Inn searching for Phineas. She could smell his delicious rabbit stew from outside and knows the Halfling Inkeeper must be nearby. She sees the stew cooking on the stove and looks around to see if Phineas is behind the bar.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Looking for Ink Empty Re: Looking for Ink

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 am

In response to the sound, Tavern-keeper Phineas J. Pennefeather comes through the back room to the main room of the tavern carrying an armful of small casks and a broom.

“What may I have the pleasure of doing for you, my esteemed Elder Sister?” the Halfling asks as he places the broom in the corner and the collection of rare beverage containers behind the counter then bows with genuine respect for the Elves.
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Lady Val nods her head respectfully towards the Halfling Tavern-keeper in response.

"Well Phineas, since you ask, I know you are extremely well connected on this Island and there is an item I wish to procure -- Spell Ink. I have none myself at the moment, having left my bottle in Tor'Jadin, but I have the ability to use it. Consequently, I was wondering if you could procure two bottles of Ink for me to help the townsfolk defend and protect themselves? I will pay you of course."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:02 pm

With obvious great respect, Phineas gestures towards one of the main tables and carefully but quickly tidies up the table and chair.

“Spell Ink?” he asked. “For making scrolls, fairly normal scrolls, you mean? Or do you have the gift to create Master Scrolls?”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Lady Val appreciates the clean table and chair and gracefully sits down.

"Indeed it is to make scrolls. I have yet to achieve the ability to make Master Scrolls but I am sure it will come in time, although I am flattered that you thought it was within my abilities."

She smiles at Phineas and continues "Right now I wish to make simple scrolls for many of the Knights and locals of Holdfast to help protect them from the monsters that plague us at night."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:15 am

Phineas politely begins a brief inquiry to more fully understand the Elf’s needs.

“There really a number of inks. And the quality of ink really does need to match the difficulty of the spell!” he states in a matter-of-fact way. “If you don’t mind, what difficulty of spell are you intending to enscroll?”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:25 am

Lady Val is somewhat embarrassed by how inexperienced she is in this field of magic.

"Probably some of the easier spells such as 'The Earth Will Heal You' or 'The Earth Will Bind You'. Basic first and second tier magic spells that can be used by anyone in Holdfast. However, depending on the price I would not be adverse to purchasing a third bottle of a higher quality ink, perhaps for midrange third tier spells for Malva to deconstruct. That way we can hopefully begin producing our own."

Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:21 pm

“Lower level inks should be no problem,” Phineas says. “I used to make them myself, before I lost my last book of recipes.”

In a moment of clarity he taps himself on the forehead and then turns to the Elf.

“Frankly, if you want, I should be able to get the recipes for the full set the next time I go travelling. Then Malva or me or any other alchemist could make them whenever you wanted them!”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:31 am

"Really?! That would be wonderful Phineas!" Lady Val looks ecstatic. "I know some of my sister Elves are also considering taking up the art so giving Malva all the recipes now would certainly be beneficial. Thank you Phineas!"

"How much would I owe you for your troubles?"
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:48 pm

“I am not absolutely sure about the price, it is a free market around here after all!” Phineas states flatly.

“But I suspect that I can get good clean, trustworthy recipes for somewhere within the range of three to five of the local rare gems, depending upon the source.”

Then he added.

“That is, of course, with no mark up for my efforts. Other than a copy, for my records.”

“Besides, I have to check in with a few of my more knowledgeable friends to help get Degren’s voice restored.”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 pm

"Excellent! The sooner we remove that thing the better!" Val says happily.

"And you are more than welcome to have a copy for yourself. It can never hurt to have more copies of those recipes around and it will hopefully replace the ones you lost. Let me know what you find and how much it costs and I will repay you."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:47 am

“I certainly will let you know when I get my hands on these recipes,” Phineas says.

“Please let Degren know that I might have a solution for his voice problem.”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum