Phineas is keeping the Tavern warm and welcoming

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Phineas is keeping the Tavern warm and welcoming

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 am

As Pierre begins to leave, Phineas catches up to him just outside of the Tavern to have the private conversation that Pierre requested.

[Switch to PM at this point]
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:30 am

After a brief conversation with Pierre, Phineas returns to the and begins to work on something in the corner near the counter of the Tavern, consulting his books as he does so.

"Degren!" he says. "It's time to talk over the particulars of this psychic ritual to get your voice back. When you are ready, let go down to cellar!"

Phineas points towards the door to the back rooms and keeps busy with his chores until Degren seems to be ready.
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:44 am

Nodding, Degren stands and gives Pierre a nod before nervously descending into the cellar with Phineas. He's gripped by a powerful nervousness-- suddenly hopeful for the return of his voice and the freedom from that damned necklace.
Degren Brightforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 am

Gurok, listening quietly to the discussion nods earnestly at the plans for a co-sheriff and a smaller council. Anxious to get started, she starts to reach out to Degrin as he begins to descend the staricase, hoping for a quick word- but remembering how difficult it is for them to communicate right now, she lets him go and resorts to pacing restlessly around the room, muttering to herself. "We definitely need someone on the council who fully understands the elven code, but who is not bound by it. We also need someone who can write quickly, (in Common toungue!) *She casts am amused glance at Keket* ket* we need someone to help organize resources and income, we need an appropriate number of enforcers of the law for the number of people we have and I'm sure I haven't met the all yet- we need a system of education, and (even more quietly now) system to gather information, for internal conflicts, as well as external. Somone quiet and stealthy, to clarify rumors and sniff out lies... Oh and we need boys and nots of people who can disenchant or whatever it's called you know when somone is uner a magic or alchemical effect and its makimg them go wako, we need people who can stop that. We also need a system of consequences to go along with the laws, the only thimg we really have to encourage people to behave like civilized people right now is "if you don't someone is probably going to get fed up with you, and hit you unill you die" and that's not exactly ideal. Maybe some unpleasant chore, like dish duty or wood chopping for the trivial things, withholding privileges for things a little more severe, maybe being restrained for a length of time for things even worse, the time being variable for the severity of the crime, then banishment, then only execution if we have absolute proof that leaving them alive would seriously endanger the lives of others, and it would have to be a unanimous vote of course. We also need a system of constraint for when people are not in their right mind, and must be kept form endangering thselves or others. And a system to prevent that kind of thing from happening, making it known to all never to say the word "werewolf" in front of pierre, and not to mention the empire in front of markus, making sure those who are prone to violence when drunk have a limit on alchahol, that sort of thing. Oh! And we need a system for redcaps and that must that turns people into babys! And I still think we should work on a way for everyone to see exactly what happened in the mists, like I mentioned before. Phineas is busy right now, I'll go find Teek and Timmean..." Gurok continues to mutter incoherently as she walks out the door of the inn, wrapping up in her thick cloak.
Gurok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:40 pm

After Degren enters the backroom, on the way to the cellars, Phineas closes the door.

[Switch to personal message]
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Hugo strolls in out of the cold for a change and sits down by the fire, warming his cold hands. He takes out his notebook and places it on the table, open to the 'HELLO' page.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:25 am

With the arrival of Hugo, Phineas quickly drops off a large bowl of bear stew and a large slab of fresh bread drizzled with honey.

“Hugo!” Phineas says with a nod and he continues on with looking after the folks that are taking the Watering Hole up on it’s hospitality.
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 am

Hugo accepts the bowl of stew bread, and sets it down besides his notebook.

Ignoring his food for the moment, he scrawls out a quick message and places his notebook back down on the table before eating.

the message reads: 'Phineas, I could use a hand with a couple of things. Chiefly, the fact that I have no voice and I must scream.'
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:42 am

The Halfling returns to the place where Hugo is seated and reads over the message that the quiet human has written.

“Hugo, says Phineas. “What exactly can I do for you?”
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Keket would be insides then look and writing notes as shes seem to be writing more things down -
Keket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Hugo scrawls out a response to Phineas between mouthfulls of stew:

'I could use some help with speaking. If you could, I would like help getting my voice back. The only alternative I can think of is some means of projecting my thoughts into other people, although that sort of psychic ability is presently far beyond what I can do.'
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:41 pm

The inn door opens. (I'm assuming they've been replaced by now?)

"Hello friends!"
Joy walks into the room. She looks and smells like shes been in the woods all day.
She walks into the room and notices Phineas.
"You must be ze Phineas I've been hearing about, yah? Could I get some grub, I'm staving!
Oh, and I keep hearing about zis "Mists" event. Vat happened?"

Joy Rosewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Phineas addresses Hugo before Joy enters.

“I might be able to do something about your voice, if you like.” Phineas states cheerfully. “Depending upon how you lost your voice, I might be able to do something. If you want, we could discuss your problem in private.”

With the arrival of Joy Rosewood, Phineas make certain that the newly arrived patron is well looked after by placing a mug of ale and a steaming bowl of bear stew.

“A new comer!  Welcome, I hope that this humble fare will be satisfactory!”

(OOG: Please include a brief description of Joy, especially of the obvious (racials [human/ fae], clothes, obvious weapons) in case there are positive or negative triggers).
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:00 pm

While Phineas greets Joy, Hugo sets about writing his response. By the time Phineas looks again, a new page has been turned to, and there is a response waiting for him:

'I do not mind writing about this issue in public, but if you would prefer to take this discussion elsewhere, I'm not against it.'

'Either way, I'm grateful that you're willing to help me with this.'

((OOG: It's up to you whether we switch to PMing or not. As Hugo said he doesn't mind writing in public, but if you want to do PMs for thread tidiness then that would be fine as well.))
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:01 am

"Zis stew looks good! Here, have a few roughs. I hope zis iz enough."

Joy places some roughs by Phineas. Takes a few bites of stew. After a few moments Joy looks up from her stew and notices Hugo.

"Vho iz zis human over here? Vat iz your name? I am Joy.

(Joy is wearing what she wore on April event with a few minor additions. So, she's wearing a blue tunic, grey trousers, beige boots, blue Link hat (if you're not familiar with The Legend of Zelda, it's basically a red cap, but blue), orange(?) undershirt. Joy is as tall as a typical female Halfling, whatever that is. If you look at her ears, you'll notice the left ear has scar tissue where the point should be. Hair is blond, hand fur is red. Her bow and quiver are on her back. She has some miscellaneous pouches and tools on her belt.)
Joy Rosewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:58 am

Phineas, busy with his duties and personal conversations, suddenly stops inn his tracks and stares for what almost, but not quite, becomes an overly long moment. Turns away, quickly smooths down the fur on the back of his hands, runs his hands over his working clothes to straighten himself. He turns back towards the newly arrived Halfling and bows very deeply. One can almost see the waves of good behaviour roll over him.

“M-M-Milady!” he sputters before recovering from his embarrassment of not immediately recognizing another of this own rare race . “Welcome. I am Phineas Pennefeather, the Proprietor of this Tavern.”
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:02 am

*giggles* "Phineas, zere iz no need to be formal vith me."

Suddenly, Joy has a thought cross her face.

"Oh, and can I get some lodgings? I am tired of sleeping in ze voods."
Joy Rosewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Phineas recovers, at least a little from his pleasant surprise of the arrival of Joy Rosewood.

“The Woods??? Of course, there should be plenty of room in the bunkhouse. It’s not like a real Halfling Home but we can make thing bearable.”

After a brief moment, Phineas quickly goes behind the counter and returns with a very delicate little glass of amber liquid.

“A little Halfling apple brandy?” he asks. “It’s just finished ageing in an oak barrel and I have been saving this for someone who might really appreciate it!”
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Joy's eyes light up at the sight of the brandy.

"Ach! I vould love a taste. You are very generous."

She drinks the brandy.
Joy Rosewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:34 am

The skilled Tavernkeeper quickly assembles a small collection of jams and jellies and honeycombs with a basket of steaming warm bread and buns and sets them, in a very pleasing arrangement on the table nearest Joy.

“So what brings such a sophisticated Halfling traveler to our lonely corner of the world?” asks Phineas.
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Joy takes some bread and starts spreading some honey on it from one of the honeycombs.

"Vell, I come from a troupe of Halflings that are here on zis island. Vould you believe we have been all across ze Confederacy? Ve are alvays travelling. If ve like ze sound of a place, ve go zere to have a good time vith ze locals, yah? Zere is lots of eating and drinking and.. ze usual Halfling stuff, you know? So you could say I'm scouting..."

Joy takes a bite of the bread, now slathered with honey.

"I like zis honey. Did you make zis here?"
Joy Rosewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 am

“Well, actually, the bees make the honey,” Phineas laughs. “All I do is carefully ‘borrow’ it from them!”

The Halfling pushes forward one of the jars of preserves a little bit.

“However, I do make the bread and the jams!” he says. “This one is a blackberry jam made from berries picked from just behind this very building. There are a lot of local fruits, apples and berries, even grapes if you know where to look.”
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Joy takes the jar of blackberry jam and examines it.

"Ooo, zis looks sehr goot, I've got to try it."

Joy takes the lid off and starts spreading the dark, viscous jam on another piece of bread.
Joy Rosewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Phineas, busy with routine hospitality of looking after the local patrons while bringing his very best to Joy’s table. A sampling of foods and beverages, including pickled ‘this and that’s, maple-sugared custard tarts, and a rabbit pate, a hot-mulled cider along with the honey, jams and breads, have made it to the table as Phineas maintains a conversation with Joy.

“When I was young, my family travelled all the time.” Phineas states, quite wistfully. “And a troop of very entertaining troupe of Halflings we were! Some called us ‘The Fabulous Pennefeathers!"

Phineas laughs at his memory.

“I learned a great deal very useful skills during my well spent youth!”

“What about you?” he asks. “What do you bring to our little community?”
Phineas J. Pennefeather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Joy continues to eat as the food piles up.

"Vell, I don't have an official profession, but most people vould call me a ranger. I noticed you have a forge. You must have smiths, yah? I can show zem vere ze goot ore is."

Joy stops for a moment to devour a tart.

"If you have an alchemist, I can get zem ingredients. Ze flora und fauna around here are notzing short of remarkable. I saw a vild chicken on my vay here kill a bear! Vat are zey eating? I must study zem!"

Joy pauses.

"I bet ze chicken vings vould taste goot, yah?"
Joy Rosewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top