Mana Income: How does it work and what do I need to know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mana Income: How does it work and what do I need to know?

Post by Ira the Elf on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Ok so I've been wondering how Mana income works because I realized Ira has no Mana income and I should probably fix this since she's a spell caster. However I'm having a bit of trouble as it's not really covered in the rules manual (I missed this part in the introductory sessions). Any advice?
Ira the Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mana Income: How does it work and what do I need to know?

Post by Torvallis! on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Normal people can buy 2x as many levels of mana income as they have levels in that type of magic.
Ex: Torvallis! has 3 ranks in fire, so they can have 6 income in fire mana.

'Income:[X]mana' costs 2XP per rank. So Torvallis!'s 6 fire mana/event cost them 12XP to get.

More complicated stuff you don't need to know:
Elementals can have upto 3x income in the mana of their element, and there is an advantage (something about goblins, I think), that allows 3x [rank in that element] for any mana.

Pure mana, (Void & essence), requires 2 ranks of income:mana, so you can only gain 1 void/essence mana per level of void/essence, and it costs 4xp, effectively. (People with the aforementioned advantage can get 3 pure mana per 2 ranks of void/mana)

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ira the Elf on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:32 am

Ok so if Ira has 3 ranks in Air she can have a maximum income of 6 air mana/event but I would need to spend 12XP to achieve this. But is this including the purchase of the ranks themselves? If its two XP per rank then wouldn't it be 6XP to obtain the income alone if the ranks are already achieved or is my math off?
Ira the Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:52 am

Haha, sorry, that was my miscommunication.

Each level (rank) of income by itself costs 2 XP. That's separate from your ranks in magic.

Torvallis has 3 ranks in fire, and 6 ranks in Income:fire mana.

Their ranks in fire cost them (1 + 2 + 4) 7XP, and their ranks in income cost them (6*2) 12XP, for a total of 19XP

If I went further and had 5 ranks in fire (31XP), and 1 rank in essence, (16XP), I could have 10 fire mana/event which is 10 ranks in income:fire mana (20XP), and 1 essence mana per event which is 2 ranks of income:essence mana (4XP) for a total of 71XP, (assuming I had a trainer for everything)

The same life skill, income, is also used for herbology (alchemy), mineralogy (alchemy + smithing), leather, steel, wood, and even currencies, were we to have any stable methods of monetary income yet. Basically any recurring resource stream. Page 73-74 in the rulebook to look at the rules for income, though I've noted a couple of things about income: [X] mana that are stated in various other places in the book.

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ira the Elf on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:28 am

Ok so its basically 2XP per 1 mana which equals 1 rank. So spending 6XP in income would yield 3 ranks in Income:Mana and thus 3 mana packets.
Ira the Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:59 am

Yes!

Sorry that I tend to over-complicate things!

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThraenOfHeart on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:05 pm

This is something I am still trying to understand. Thraen has magic but I am not sure if he has mana income

ThraenOfHeart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top