Fishing for a shield

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fishing for a shield

Post by Timmean on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 pm

[Sunday, June 18, around 2:00]

Timmean is sitting on the shore, just a slight distance away from the water circle. He mostly watches the ocean, but glances over at anyone coming by, as he waits for Degren to arrive.

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 am

Running his right arm and flexing his fingers, Degren makes his way down to the waters edge. Seeing Timmean, he stops, " thanks for waiting," he says, "I had to finish my smithing orders for the month in the one shot, just in case that dirty hag caught us. I appreciate the risk you're taking for me."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Timmean on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Timmean gives a slight grin. "Well, the risk is worse for you than me. I'll keep a few mana on-hand, just in case things go bad. But if that does happen, I have a much better means of escape than you do. Still, she got quite a meal last night; I doubt Jenny will be doing much hunting today. Just give me a moment..."

Timmean takes the short walk towards the Knight's camp, hands his mana bag to anyone with awareness, and returns a moment later.

"There we go; anything important to note before we get started?"

As he listens for a response, Timmean shrugs off his cloak and begins carefully piling his things on the shore.

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:59 pm

He shakes head and places his heavy armor on the water's edge, "I'm ready."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Timmean on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:14 pm

"Alright then; let's get going."

Leaving most of his gear on the shore, Timmean steps into the water, a single water mana clutched in each hand. Making his way into the ocean, he turns and travels a short distance parallel to the shore.

"I think it would be easiest to start from where I chased her yesterday. Agreed?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Degren Brightforge on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:46 pm

"I'm not certain where that might have been, but I know where I came up. I rose up from the water and swam straight here. I floundered for about five minutes before I lost the damn shield, but I kept going as straight as possible to shore. I surfaced around Borin's forge. I do remember one thing, there was a large reef right where the shield fell. It had a wreck on it with a skeletal figure head. Know anything like that in these waters?"
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Pearrl on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:49 am

<N.B. Timmean can remember seeing something like that wreck from his attempt to follow Jenny, and he can figure out how to get there without too much trouble.>
avatar
Pearrl

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Timmean on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Timmean pauses, thinking for a moment. "I do, I think that would be... out this way." After a quick glance at the shoreline for any landmarks, Timmean begins swimming into deeper water, moving at a slight angle rather than straight out. After some time, he pauses, treading water and glancing back towards the semi-distant shoreline. "Hmm... okay, we should be pretty close to that wreck. Any ideas exactly where it sank? And while I think about it, who's carrying this thing back to shore?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Degren Brightforge on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:24 pm

" I'm sure we can find a way. I wasn't able to swim it back last time because I was in full armor and missing an arm. This time, I should be able to handle it. We could even share the load on the way way back."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Timmean on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Timmean gives a nod, still treading water. "Agreed. There's also the question of how we'll get it to the surface, though I have an idea there: I'll blend with water and search it out, then drop the spell once I find it and get in position. I'll drop the spell and grab the shield, then get to the surface as fast as I can. I'll probably need you to take it pretty quickly after that, though; I expect it's going to take some real work bring that shield up."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Pearrl on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:37 pm

<It takes more time and effort than Timmean expected to locate the shield. It thoughtfully sank to an very deep point on the reef below, and in the intervening time part of the shield has sunk partly into the silt. In the murky light the shield is only somewhat visible. As he moves around to get into position for hoisting the shield, in the process stirring up some silt to reveal what lies beneath, Timmean grows distracted: this is not a reef of stone as he and Degren had thought, but an enormous boneyard beneath the sea.>
avatar
Pearrl

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Degren Brightforge on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Once he's finally able to speak, Degren turns to Timmean, " this is highly alarming... We should be swift. We should inform everyone about this so they don't get caught up by her false plea for help. If we can, id like to kill this monster; but, the ugly thing is strong. Very strong."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Timmean on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:09 am

Timmean nods, now looking distracted and concerned . "Yeah, agreed. She was tricky when we tried to catch her yesterday. Should we leave the shield for later? I managed to find it, but couldn't get it out in time, so I'd need to use my last mana to get down there again. And after seeing... that... I want to keep something on hand for a little protection."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Degren Brightforge on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:13 pm

(oog: Sorry it took me so long to respond.) " Aye. We can head back and get some rope. Pierre can help me get a few choice logs and I can build a rudimentary raft. We can row it back out here, you can swim back down and tie a rope to the shield, then we can just haul it back up and row back-- granted, my boat making skills aren't up to snuff, so we'll be lucky if it doesn't fall apart before we reach land."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Timmean on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:46 am

Timmean gives a quick nod. "Okay, agreed; if I can stand on that, it'll also make it a lot easier to use my spells, should they become necessary. But we'll have to be careful; the longer this takes, the more likely it is Jenny will be looking for another meal. Still, it's a plan." With that, Timmean begins to swim back to shore, glancing to make sure Degren is following.

(OOG: I'll PM you and we can decide where to go from here.)

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 29

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing for a shield

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum