Magic use on forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magic use on forums

Post by Sharon on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Morning all! So it's taken me awhile to get back to the forums and I've noticed a trend with not actually casting magic when magic is being used. While it feels very limited, to use magic, you need to cast a spell. So if you couldn't do it at an event, then you can't do it on the boards.

An example of the kind of magic that people use when they shouldn't would be, "Running toward Bob as he's about to fall off a cliff, Jen pushes her hand out and up, causing the rock face to shoot up, pushing Bob back right before he fell off the cliff."
This is a nice scene but no actual spell was cast, so Bob fell off that cliff. There is also no spell in game that would have an effect like that. That is something else I've noticed. Magical effects that don't actually have a spell to match it.

Spells in game have to be said aloud. This as much part of the IG world as it is the OOG world. Just as throwing the spell is. Casting the spell and then having a descriptor is fine but the spell needs to be said.

The Execs are working on the possibility of being able to cast magic without an incant but until that time please use the incant when casting magic and make sure the spell matches your desired effect.

*Side note, any magic that has been cast without an incant prior this post is still canon. So if Jen pushed back Bob from the cliff, with the cliff, prior this post then Bob is saved. She tries to do it again, now, and he'll fall.

Thank you, and as always, any comments, questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask!

Sharon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magic use on forums

Post by Timmean on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:37 am

Regarding magic use, are we acting as if we have an "infinite" supply of mana on the forums? I assume we should be as generous or stingy with our mana as usual, but we aren't going to keep a detailed record of how much we use up. Is that right?
Timmean
Admin

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:33 pm

That is right. This doesn't affect your income or what mana you had last event.

Sharon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:40 pm

A quick suggestion: if you're under the effects of a timed spell (on the forums), check with the caster before assuming the spell finishes. This should avoid any attempts at actions the should be impossible while under the spell (like my recent immaterial mix-up. Oops!).
Timmean
Admin

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top