Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bow & Arrows

4 posters

Go down

Bow & Arrows Empty Bow & Arrows

Post by Timmean Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Another weapon-related question; how do we make bow & arrow style weapons for Epoch? I remember some talk at Sci-Fi about using a NERF gun as a base for ranged weapons, but I think that was for crossbows.

Also, the rulebook says something about "greater damage applies to boffer arrows." What's that mean? What's the alternative to boffer arrows?

Thanks!
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Bow & Arrows Empty Re: Bow & Arrows

Post by Ira the Elf Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:32 am

So boffer arrows are arrows that have soft tips. I bought a set for use over here in Unity. Basically in order to use bows you have to make sure they do not exceed a certain amount of force or "draw strength" and that they fire arrows that can't actually damage people when flying at speed. For LARP most people use a max draw strength of 25-30 N of force. You can make boffer arrows yourself but I bought mine from Calimacil along with one of their LARP safe IDV bows. The alternative to boffer arrows are Nerf darts but the arrows I feel are better in that they are more in character. There are tutorials on how to make bows and arrows.

This is a boffer arrow:Bow & Arrows L_335
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:20 pm

The idea to "greater damage for boffer arrows" is to encourage the use of actual bow and arrows. So (making up numbers atm) if the mana arrows hit for 2, then boffers hit for 3. Hilary covered it great with her descriptor. You can find an number of DYI's online, check out the Epoch TO website as they have a great number of "how to's".
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThraenOfHeart Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:05 pm

This is something that I have wondered as well, as finally Thraen really wants to be able to attack from a distance elven style

ThraenOfHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum