Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Val's Caravan

+6
Zar/Herr
Jaya
Talia Swanheart
Torvallis!
Volkihere Malacalo
Micheal Grayflow
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lady Val's Caravan Empty Lady Val's Caravan

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 am

Outside the watering hole a new tent has been erected behind the inn. It is pure white, large and spacious, and flies two banners from its peak; The first, a silver seven pointed star with laurel leaves flanking either side on a royal blue background, and the second a jet black dragon in flight underneath a golden seven pointed star on a background of blood red fabric.

[Those of you who are Fae will recognize the seven pointed star as the symbol of Faerie, and those with any knowledge of Sinciput and Tor'Jadin will recognize the the first flag as the flag of Sinciput (blue with silver) and the second (dragon with red) as the personal House Crest of the Cullasseth family, one of the nine noble Elven houses of Tor'Jadin.]

Behind the tent is Lady Val's Caravan. Two oversized Elk can be seen nibbling foliage nearby.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Lady Val's Caravan Empty Re: Lady Val's Caravan

Post by Micheal Grayflow Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Michael steps out of the inn, and down to the tent that had been pitched behind the inn.
"Lady Val? You there? I finished speaking to Volk and now I was hoping you were to discuss the Mages College with me." He calls out walking closer, but not too close to intrude.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:19 pm

The tent itself seems bigger in person than first expected.

"Ah Michael!" Lady Val calls out from inside the tent. She sounds genuinely delighted to hear from him. "Please come in, I have tea on!"

The fabric door of the tent is pulled aside as if by magic and Michael can smell floral tea and baked goods from outside.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Michael walk through the doorway into the tent, and is instantly met with a wonderful smell of floral tea and baked goods.
"So far, this is the most welcoming meeting with regards to the Magic College. Volk was, how do I put it? Off... He seemed untrusting of me, his method questioning seemed to be more like an interrogation than a simple chat." Michael says, finding a spot to sit.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:53 pm

The tent is decorated with soft rugs and pillows and a low table with a plate of freshly baked cookies and several iron teacups. Seated at the table sipping tea from an iron cup is Lady Val. Next to her on a large black damask cushion sits Volk with a cup of jet black tea in his hand.

"Oh really? Why Volk whatever did you say to make the poor Professor so upset?" She says turning to Volk with a wry smile.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Michael looks at the imposing figure from before and be realizes his mistake.
"Shit... I had no idea you'd be here Volk." Michael says in a somewhat apologetic tone.
He picks up an empty tea cup and pours himself some tea, more out of politeness than anything as he's more a coffee drinker.
"So, I hope you told Lady Val why I came here, if not, that's fine. I'm sure you know that I plan on setting up a magical college here in town. But I need support from both the council and champions in order to bring more mages in. Will you help with that Lady Val? Seeing as you're a council member." Michael says, taking a sip of the floral tea.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:25 pm

"Well, as a council member and champion myself I don't see why not really. I am always in favour of anything that brings the citizens of Holdfast closer together."

She sees him eyeing the tea with some distaste. "You know if you prefer something stronger I think I may have some Dwarven black java beans. I don't drink the stuff myself but many of my guests enjoy it."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Volk sips his tea.

"What are you apologizing for? I was interrogating you."

he looks at the Micheal through the steam of his tea.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Lady Val sighs "And there's Torvallis!." She rises and goes outside to fetch the Fire Sage and their missing limb.

From outside the caravan Michael can hear the sounds of Val regrowing Torvallis!'s missing limb. They both come inside a short while later.

"Professor Michael this is dear Torvallis! the original Fire Champion of Holdfast. They are somewhat eccentric but I think you will find that they are just what you are looking for."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:56 pm

OOG: Volk peeks his eyes outside the caravan, gives a shrug and sits back down.
"It's only a minor explosion no need to worry, losing a leg temporarily might be a good thing, it would teach you a lesson on... (with an inhale and a sigh) fire safety"

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:08 pm

"Actually Michael here would love for you to help him teach others how to burn things effectively. Torvallis! is extremely skilled in explosive magics and alchemy. In fact they once succeeded in burning down an entire forest and, if I am not mistaken, a temple once which was very impressive since it was dedicated to Lord Water and thus very non-flammable."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:10 pm

"Are you sure that is not a terrible idea?"
Volk says with concern and, well the slightest amount of caution, like the minimum amount.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm

"I mean, probably, but Torvallis! is always eager to teach and explosives could be useful against the Rift beings."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Talia Swanheart Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Talia cautiously peers into the tent. “I heard an explosion and A LOT of screaming. Is everyone okay?”
Talia Swanheart
Talia Swanheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Jaya just flipped over the last card of her tarot reading when she hears the explosion. She grabs her things and runs outside her hut in time to see Torvallis and Lady Val enter her tent. She heads over to Val's tent being careful not to walk on the shards of glass, blood and bits of Torvallis.

"Do you need any help Val? Does Torvallis need any more healing or medical attention? I can fetch one of the medics or lend you aid with magic."
Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:51 pm

"We are fine if you wanted to arrest someone the culprit is right there."

(Points to Torvallis!)

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Lady Val sighs "Its alright Jaya and Talia, Torvallis! is just doing what Torvallis! does, namely set things on fire and generate casualties, usually themselves. They made something explode and lost a limb but its been regrown, although the severed leg lis likely still outside and probably cooked to the point of being medium rare."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:43 pm

"I can confirm that the leg is still outside, we should probably do something about that..."

Noticing the tea, cookies and the people she looks a little confused. "Am i interrupting things?"

Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Herr sits outside the tent, not bothering to hide; just listening.
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Michael looks at the scene currently unfolding before him, feeling like he's been left out of the loop.

"Torvallis! can join, only if they can keep they explosive tendencies to the barest minimum." He says, looking at the lunatic fire sage.
Turning to face Jaya, Michaels expression brightens somewhat, all things considered.

"Hello Jaya, I was hoping I get the chance to speak to you, I'm sure you know, but me and everyone else in the tent are putting together The Magic College of Holdfast and I would like each of the 4 Champions to be the head elemental teachers. Dear Volk has agreed and I was going to ask you, Ashur, and mister Auron if you were interested. You'd also be apart of a Magic Council as well, one that 'can' operate separately from the town council, though they will be informed of large and important matter." Michael says before shifting in his spot and finishing his tea before pouring some more.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 pm

"A magic college is a pretty big idea for such a small place as holdfast, a concept I enjoy though. I have studied magic my entire life so a place and group of people dedicated to research, leaning and teaching would be great. Part of my role as Fire champion is to teach fire magic to all those willing to learn, same goes to the other champions and more structured and official way could make things easier for both us and potential students not to mention perfect for finding apprentices. What would your role be in all this?"

Jaya pours herself some tea and sits down.

"What would this magic council do?"
Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Talia Swanheart Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 pm

“Ummmm.....sorry to butt in, but do you really think Holdfast is a suitable place to build a school. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it would be great! But we have a limited amount of mages who are already very skilled at what they do. And if you’re hoping to attract mages from outside Holdfast, well let’s just say deadly rift creatures don’t exactly make this the....easiest place to live.”
Talia Swanheart
Talia Swanheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next