Degren's Return

Go down

Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:27 pm

The familiar sound of movement once again graces the Knights camp as Degren returns, huffing and puffing. Reaching the roaring fire, he throws his shield, weapon, and whatever armor he can hastily strip off onto the ground before slumping into a makeshift chair. He sighs, and lights a small pipe.
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Torvallis! on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:30 pm

There is an explosion nearby-ish in the woods. Not so nearby as to be any potential threat to the knight's camp, but close enough that it can be clearly heard. A voice can be heard:

"Damnit! I thought I had it right this time!

. . . okay, I guess I should probably sew that back on myself. Where's my needle and thread?"


Torvallis!

Posts : 692
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:59 am

Hearing the blast, Degren runs forward, searching until finally finding Torvallis! and the (not so) small crater left behind by the blast, "Are you alright?! What HAPPENED?"
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Torvallis! on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 am

Torvallis! jerks around, stabbing themselves with a needle they had been using on their left hand.

"What? Who's there? Oh, right, right"

They lift a block of metal off of their face.

"Learned that one from Vadim!

Ah, the long story short is that since Gore showed me his boomy recipe back when we visited the Benjamins, I've decided to resume my alchemical studies and experimentations.

I'm having a *little* bit of trouble though, since Malva has specifically barred me from using her equipment or being taught by her until "You go and figure out how to do that safely, and right. I'm not letting you blow me up again!". Blah, blah, blah, unreasonable rules, etc."

Torvallis!

Posts : 692
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 am

Blinking, Degren holds out a hand, "Wai-wait, what do you mean "Again?"... Actually, never mind, it's probably better I don't know. Just... Don't go blowing anything up around anyone else. And, maybe stand further back from whatever it is you're exploding. Do you need any help?  That is a lot of blood."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Torvallis! on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:02 am

"What? It's not that much blood.

Oh. Uh, that is a lot.

Wow.

Well, most of this is from prior attempts anyways!

And well, I've blown her up before when I was showing her an antidote recipe I got from Cal. She says I'm 'talented' in a way that's 'almost, but not quite, entirely useless', and also, 'WHY IS EVERY ALCHEMIST LIKE THIS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AND', and, uh . . . wow, I forget his name. We used to have a faun alchemist around who would blow up the same way. Nice guy! Now we have Vadim."

Torvallis!

Posts : 692
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:50 am

"Well... You seem to have everything under control over here. Uh, yeah. Just, you know, be careful, eh? One unlucky blast and there might not be enough of you left to regrow," Degren laughs, then turns to walk away, back towards the camp with images of roast meat dancing in his head.
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:37 am

When Degren returns to the camp, it seem that Michael had arrived looking for someone. When he saw no one was there, he sat in the chair by the fire.
"Welcome back Degren, I didn't realize you were out of town until Datura told me. Say, where Auron to? I kind of need to talk to him about something." Michael asks, standing up out if the chair allowing Degren to sit back down.
avatar
Micheal Grayflow

Posts : 70
Join date : 2017-07-06
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Noticing Michael sitting in his chair, Degren seems surprised, "We had some business to conduct in Applevale. He shouldn't be too far away. He went on ahead of me on the way back so I imagine he arrived a few days ago. Hell, he might even be in that tent, but I'd put my money on him being up in Fairchild Grove-- but, just wait here for him. Trust me, he's been away from his Bonnie lass for too long, and I'd be shocked if he wasn't making up for lost time, if ye get my drift." He looks the man over, " What do you want with him, hmm?"
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Michael kicks a small rock.
"I need help with a large project that going to help all the Mages and sub sets, and I want all 4 champions to be apart of it. I only need Auron and Asher. Volk and Jaya have already agreed to it.
It's a Magic College, Lady Val expressed interest in helping, so we're gathering a mini council for the college that would give the town council some breathing room in times of crisis." Michael says, sitting on a near by stump.
avatar
Micheal Grayflow

Posts : 70
Join date : 2017-07-06
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Auron Warfield on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Auron emerges from the central tent with a satchel in his hands - he walks over to the table, and places the bag down before turning to the other people in the camp. He gives Degren a smile, and a nod that conveys 'welcome back, old friend.'

Turning to Michael, he says: "You know, I thought I heard someone out here. But then I heard an explosion and assumed it was just another alchemy experiment gone wrong." He begins sorting through the things in the bag. "Turns out it was someone I hardly know - I guess I should have checked sooner! Did I hear you say you were looking for me?"
avatar
Auron Warfield

Posts : 105
Join date : 2015-09-17
Age : 27
Location : Wherever my Path takes me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:54 pm

"Hold on-- why do you want to make yet another council? I can agree that a squad of mages can definitely be used to do good, but what good would a second council have? What do we really stand to gain from it?"
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Michael looks at Auron then Degren.
"Think of it as a mini council, one that wouldn't interfere with the day-to-day operations of the town. The idea is that they would run the College, so that way not 1 person has the final say on anything. That and they would be responsible fo4 the capture and containment of dangerous cursed items and will send a squad of mages and psychics and alchemists to aid in issues of a strictly magical nature. That's the idea anyways, it's still in development at this point."

"Also, it'll also be a location to make magic training much easier to obtain. And if I remember correctly, it's the duty of the champions to teach their respective element, so making them the head teachers for their element makes sense to me. Volk and Jaya already have agreed, if you have anymore questions, ask Lady Val, she's also taken an interest in this."

"Mister Auron, could you mention this to Miss Asher When you have the chance? I like to believe more mages will come in if all the champions are on board." Michael says, standing up from the stump and walks towards the inn a few paces before turning around a moment.

"Do please consider this proposal, I think it'll be beneficial for all magic users." And with That, Michael walks off, leaving the two knights together.
avatar
Micheal Grayflow

Posts : 70
Join date : 2017-07-06
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Degren stands, " No, hold on there-- we're not done here. You haven't quite finished explaining exactly what you mean. See, the way I see it, we don't need another council. We already have nine people dedicated to ensuring that the town gets everything done; the addition of yet ANOTHER council will only serve to muddle things. I agree that we should have some sort of group of mages, that I have no issue with. Take my advice, don't worry about councils or leadership... Focus on simply bringing people together under a common goal. You'll find that difficult enough."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Michael looks up at Degren.

"Alright, I'll let the others know that you gave your opinion, all I'm saying is the College needs some form of unified leadership that doesn't involve having a HeadMaster. All I need is the last two knights to agree before we can proceed."

"If there isn't anything else, I'll be off to see Lady Val. Good day gentlemen." And with that Michael walks around the large knight and heads to Val's tent.
avatar
Micheal Grayflow

Posts : 70
Join date : 2017-07-06
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Zar on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Herr walks up next to Degren and briefly waves at Auron, having come from the Earth circle, as Micheal leaves.
“Ambitious, isn’t he? You’re right about a council being a hinderance. all they need is a task force to deal with issues.”
He pauses
“Do you think he’s afraid of void magic?..” he says, still watching Micheal
avatar
Zar

Posts : 137
Join date : 2015-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Vinnhein (east across the ocean)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Auron Warfield on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:07 pm

"Well, he was certainly in a hurry. I didn't even get a chance to ask him any questions." Auron says, as he turns back towards his things. "Whatever he was talking about, though, seems kind of sudden. We should probably talk to Val so we can get a better idea of what's going on."

He also adds, in a low whisper to Degren: "Who was that guy again? We've been gone for a while and I'm really, really bad with faces."
avatar
Auron Warfield

Posts : 105
Join date : 2015-09-17
Age : 27
Location : Wherever my Path takes me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Degren Brightforge on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:32 am

Degren frowns, " I have really no idea. He does look familiar, but I can't put my finger on it... Oh, hello, Herr," he slaps the little imp in the shoulder, " How's life being blue? I don't know why he'd be afraid of void magic. If I'm correct in my magic theory, which I most certainly am not, Void magic is neither good nor evil, just destructive. And we're in the business of destruction."  After he lets Herr enter the conversation, he turns to Auron, "I agree... I'm still not entirely sure what's happening here, but it should be looked into before we head on back to town."

avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 522
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Zar on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:50 am

Herr smirks at Degren's question. "His name is Micheal, He's trying to make a magic... school? anyway, he was very resistant to letting me teach void magic, once i figure out how."
avatar
Zar

Posts : 137
Join date : 2015-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Vinnhein (east across the ocean)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Degren's Return

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum