Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torvallis! runs up to Malva in the inn, excitedly shaking a potion vial

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Torvallis! runs up to Malva in the inn, excitedly shaking a potion vial - Page 2 Empty Re: Torvallis! runs up to Malva in the inn, excitedly shaking a potion vial

Post by Malva Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am

"I usually try to get things in as small of pieces as is practical, in order to for them to react in an efficient amount of time. As you improve as an alchemist, you're going to get into some potions that take a fairly long time to do. This one takes about a half hour, and you probably won't be doing any that take much longer with what I'm teaching you today, but I've done some that take a full hour, and full hours are hard to come by around here.
That, and sometimes you do have two ingredients reacting at once, and you want them to react at the same rate. And sometimes you need a solution near your solvent's boiling temperature for a reaction, and if the reaction takes too long you risk boiling off your solvent.
As for why I don't grate it, that's quite difficult to do where this [ingredient] is so thin; I'd just rather not run the risk of grating my hand."
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Torvallis! runs up to Malva in the inn, excitedly shaking a potion vial - Page 2 Empty Re: Torvallis! runs up to Malva in the inn, excitedly shaking a potion vial

Post by Malva Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 pm

"Huh..." Malva mumbles, trying to relate to T!'s advanced cooking techniques.
"Next we simply pour in [Ingredient 4] and then bring it to a boil"
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2