Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hugo prepares for the end.

+3
Lady Val
Winnie
Kuromori, Taka
7 posters

Go down

Hugo prepares for the end. Empty Hugo prepares for the end.

Post by Ivy Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 pm

[May 22nd, Evening]

In the Inn, seated by the furnace, is Hugo. He is hunched over the table, eyes affixed on his papers. All around him on the table are maps, charts, and bits of scrap paper with scratched-out lists. Over and over again he counts out the distance from Holdfast to the edge of Nullisia, occasionally measuring the added time of a detour to Applevale or Soul's Landing. Laid out on the far side of the table from him is a note, meant for any one passing by:

Hugo Gavius Albinius wrote:
REQUISITIONS LIST

I, Hugo Gavius Albinius, will soon be setting out on a one-way mission to Cynevin, in the middle of the Maelstrom, to request aid in the coming battle with the monsters from beyond the void. If you have any information pertinent to the task at hand, supplies to aid the journey, or information you would like conveyed to the Mafali upon my arrival, please don't hesitate to interrupt me to let me know. I have a list of materials I know I will need, and presently do not posses. If you have any of these supplies and are willing to donate them, please do. I need the following:

- 30 days of provisions, foods such as hard tack and dried meat.
- A sturdy polearm, or, failing that, a good walking stick.
- Any letters, gifts, or other diplomatic offerings the Mafali would appreciate

Should I leave before their return, I will also be leaving letters for Ardin Gallagher and Gurok for them to collect from the notice board at their own discretion.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Hugo prepares for the end. Empty Re: Hugo prepares for the end.

Post by Kuromori, Taka Wed May 23, 2018 3:50 am

Taka walks into the inn. She peers over Hugo' shoulder as she passes by and sees what looks like literate-people-stuff that he is very busy with. She decides not to interrupt and heads over to the bunkhouse.

Last edited by Kuromori, Taka on Thu May 24, 2018 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Wed May 23, 2018 7:11 am

Winnie walks into the inn, humming softly. She makes her way over to the furnace next to the table where Hugo is sat. Out of curiosity, she turns her head to glance at the papers on the table and notices the note left for passersby to read. Taking a moment to read it, she stops humming, glances at her sharpened staff, then to Hugo, then back to her staff.

With a light sigh, she lightly taps Hugo on the shoulder to grab his attention for a moment. “Here," she says, laying her staff against the table for him. "I need to make a new one anyway."

Winnie nods to him then makes her way to the exit and heads out into the forest to find a decent piece of wood to carve into a new staff.
Winnie
Winnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Wed May 23, 2018 8:01 am

Hugo, barely tuning out of his work in time, thanks winnie for the staff in a soft and tired voice. He watches her leave, and then takes a moment to inspect the staff, sharpened at one end. He sadly smiles, pleased with the staff but reminded of some more innocent time.

He leans over the table and scratches his requst for a polearm off of his list, before returning to plotting his course.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lady Val Thu May 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Lady Val enters the Inn with a letter for Hugo to give the Mafali. It is a document detailing the goings on in Holdfast. Included with the letter are matching enchanted necklaces. (OOG: I will PM you the contents).
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Fri May 25, 2018 9:07 am

Malva enters and approaches Hugo and Val. "Hugo, did you ever get a Mafali token?"
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Fri May 25, 2018 10:20 am

Hugo looks up from his seat to Malva, looking confused and tired.

"No, what is it?"
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Malva Fri May 25, 2018 2:05 pm

"Well, that or I have a small one." She gestures to the small metal lizard hanging off her belt on a red ribbon.
She turns to Hugo: "When the Mafali visited, they gave us these. I was thinking you might want to take one to show you're with us."
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tor'vakkian_Enyamia Sat May 26, 2018 7:11 am

Quietly, Enyamia enters almost unoticed, carrying a black bundle. She lays it gently on the table as not to startle him.

"We are told you have a long way to go my friend. We know too well how long and difficult that journey can be. We do not have much as of yet, however, my mate has found the hunting plentiful. So please take what remains of our travel provisions if it aids you, mostly dried and seasoned meats of various kinds. We believe our travels are over for now. The Great Mother seems to have a place for us here..."

"With my mate's appetite, they would last almost a week..." Smiles softly with large wide eyes, appraising... "For you I think perhaps two..." *chuckles softly*

"It is wrapped in a large bear pelt this one just finished tanning a few days ago.  It will keep you warm in cold nights, or even perhaps hide you if needed..." *lays a gentle gold furred hand on his shoulder* "Be well my friend, may the Great Mother protect you"

Tor'vakkian_Enyamia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Sun May 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Addressing Malva, Hugo replies: "That would be reasonable. May I borrow yours, then?"

He then looks to Enyamia, as they lay down their bundle. When they finish speaking, Hugo answers softly: "Thank you very much. I'll need all the help I can get, from both gods and friends."

Hugo takes the food and the bear pelt, then leans across the table to his notice and scrawls in some modifications.

It now reads:

Hugo Gavius Albinius wrote:REQUISITIONS LIST

I, Hugo Gavius Albinius, will soon be setting out on a one-way mission to Cynevin, in the middle of the Maelstrom, to request aid in the coming battle with the monsters from beyond the void. If you have any information pertinent to the task at hand, supplies to aid the journey, or information you would like conveyed to the Mafali upon my arrival, please don't hesitate to interrupt me to let me know. I have a list of materials I know I will need, and presently do not posses. If you have any of these supplies and are willing to donate them, please do. I need the following:

- 30 14 days of provisions, foods such as hard tack and dried meat.
- A sturdy polearm, or, failing that, a good walking stick.
- Any letters, gifts, or other diplomatic offerings the Mafali would appreciate

Should I leave before their return, I will also be leaving letters for Ardin Gallagher and Gurok for them to collect from the notice board at their own discretion.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm

"Of course."
She slips the metal lizard out through the cow hitch on her belt and hands it to Hugo.
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Sun May 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Hugo takes the metal lizard, and adds it to the collection of charms on his necklace.

"Thank you for this. I'll do my best to get it back to you in one piece."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down