Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Applevale Gang

4 posters

Go down

The Applevale Gang  Empty The Applevale Gang

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:16 am

Sitting in a small, non descript tavern of Applevale, Degren sits with his friend and compatriot, Auron Warfield at a wooden table. Both men are run down, and filthy looking. They enjoy a hearty stew and a fine, sweet beer after a long day.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

The Applevale Gang  Empty Re: The Applevale Gang

Post by Auron Warfield Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 am

Auron finishes his beer and brings down the mug with a audible thud. "This is one of the greatest things about a day of hard work. The beer tastes amazing."

He looks around for a moment, taking in his surroundings. "What's next on our list, my friend?"
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:20 am

Dying his nearly empty glass, Degren stretches, his cracking joins protesting the movement, " I'd planned to have maybe another... I dunno, ten of these before hitting the hay? This town is-- was-- nice enough, but it does lack a few of the," he gives Auron a knowing look," finer things in life."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:50 am

The door to the tavern opens, and slams shut. A familiar figure (though notably dressed more... nicely than usual) takes a seat at the bar and orders a drink. Her long purple locks dance around her waist as she tips the glass to her lips, and finishes its contents in a matter of moments. She waves the barkeep over for a refill.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 am

"Well shit, not too many people in these parts with hair like that," Degren says, slapping Auron in the shoulder and pointing, "Lets go take a look see, eh?" he quickly finishes the drink and stands up, walking across the bar to the newcomer. He sits next to her and, a little drunkenly, leans over to double check that she was covering her face, "That you?" he asks as he signals to the barkeep for another drink.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm

The figure looks up from her drink, her heterochromatic eyes shimmering in the dim tavern light answer your question before she gets the chance. She looks around, and speaks in hushed tones. “Ah, hello Degren. I suppose I don’t exactly blend in, hey? All the same. Good to see a familiar face. I heard you were here helping rebuild, how’s that going?”
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Degren laughs, "Good to see another familiar face, indeed!" He downs half the beer in a single gulp, then turns back to Zero, " Rebuilding has been going well enough...," he grows silent, and looks at his feet, " There are, uh, a lot of graves to dig. A lot of walls to build, and a never ending supply of nails needing to be forged. We've been here a month, but it doesn't seem to me like we've made much leeway, " He tosses an expectant glance at her, " What brings you here, if I might ask?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:15 pm

Zero looks down at the drink in her grasp, and swirls it as she speaks. “I’ve always heard good stories of this place... it’s sad to see the state it’s in. I’ve heard there were casualties, and there is clearly a lot to be rebuilt, both physically and otherwise. I’m sure your presence here is appreciated, good on you.” She pauses, and glances around. Lowering her voice further, to a point that she’s barely audible, she continues.

“As... a bit of an update, we recently fell prey to another attack in Holdfast. Over the weekend, a group arrived, needing us to deal with an... issue. They were being chased by a Lych(sp?) and expected our help. It seems our little settlement has made quite the name for itself. The lych attacked Saturday night. We... apparently suffered a few casualties of our own. But I figured you guys would be proud, the town banded together and managed to deal with it without some of our more... prevalent fighters. I figured you ought to know that much. There is more to tell, but... perhaps this is neither the time or place... anyway. I figured that, since things are usually calm for a while after an attack, it may be a good time to make this trip. I’m here on business, searching for some information.” She pauses again to sip her drink, before perking up again and meeting Degren’s gaze.

“Actually... you guys may be able to help.”
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am

Degren looks down at the drink, " I'm glad to hear people pulled through... I trust no one's death stuck? If we can help, we'll help. Auron's probably gonna head back to check on Holdfast soon. He has to worry about the circles, but he'll be back in a few days. What is it you need?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 am

Auron listens patiently to what Zero says. "How can we help?" he asks. It's a question he's asked far too many times over the past month. After another moment, he speaks again. "I guess it isn't surprising that some trouble found its way to Holdfast - that was bound to happen eventually. It's good that you managed to take care of yourselves, but you mentioned casualties... who was hurt? How's Asher?"
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:33 am

“Well...” her gaze drops to her drink, “I’m here, so evidently, not all of the deaths ‘stuck’... but as of Monday morning, Ardin hadn’t yet retuned. We had an ally, Big Tom, fall in battle several times but I believe he left town alright. And Gurok...” Its easy to see that Zero is trying to choose her words carefully. “well, she went to the land of the dead... after the battle. She’s returned, as well. I believe I saw Asher only briefly while I was in town, but I haven’t heard anything to suggest she’s anything but fine.” She finishes her drink, and looks up at the two before continuing.

“As for what you may be able to help with... do you remember that queen spider that was slain in town last summer? The one who poisoned half of Holdfast?”
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:36 am

He shivers, " I remember it."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:51 am

“Do you happen to know if any.. pieces of her were saved?” She asks cautiously. “I have a personal task here, and I’ve been asked for a bit of the Queen as payment.”
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:57 am

"Hm... I don't think so. If I were you I would ask Malva or Pursephone, Ravira's child. I believe they were the most skilled Arcane Dissectionists in town at the time. I wish I could help more, but my body was cooling by the time they finished the beast."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:07 am

Herr walks into the inn and heads straight for the bar. He receives water and a conversation ensues until he’s pointed in the direction of Auron, Degren. And Zero.

Herr approaches with his plain glass of water.
“Hey. You guys sticking around for long tomorrow? I was hoping to find you at your stall but it was too dark when i got here.”
He pauses
“So, things are a little less crowded, huh?” The smallest smile appears; he knows he shouldn’t talk about death that way, but he can’t resist.

Last edited by Herr Finsternis on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Zero nods, "Alright, well, thanks all the same. I will ask when I return. Also, I 'd planned to see Gurok while in town, if you see her, will you instruct her where to find me?" She rips a page from her journal, and scribbles a quick note to hand to Degren. (OOG, basically just vaguely describes directions to a location just outside of Applevale). "We have some... important things to discuss before she leaves."

Zero looks up as Herr approaches.

"I'm planning to head back out again tomorrow, but you know how plans go." She shakes her head in response to his next comment. "Your brother is here, believe he was hoping to meet with you. If you've no plans to stay at one of the inns in town..." she pauses to gesture towards the note she gave Degren "come find us."

She lays her glass on the counter, along with a few roughs to cover everyone's drinks. "Now, I believe it's about time I turn in for the night." Her words slur ever so slightly. "I hope to see you all again soon. Stay safe, friends."
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Degren takes the note and slides it carefully into his pack, " I'll give it to her if I see her. Sleep well!" he turns to Herr, "I'm not entirely sure we'll be able to get the shop up and running. We've got some plowshares, a few weapons, and not too much else. Nothing that'll help us a whole lot back home. What can I do for you?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Herr observes Zero’s note and sincerely debates whether or not to go. After all, he isn’t fond of Gurok any longer. Zero leaves and Degren speaks to Herr.
“I’m disappointed to hear that. Is there anything i can do to help to maybe get it running again? I have a lot of stuff i don’t want and wanted to see if you’d sell it for a percentage of the sale price.” He responds
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 am

Degren raises an eyebrow, " once everything gets back to normal, I'm sure people will start buying again. What've you got to sell?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Herr raises his eyebrows.
“Well!...”
He begins to feel around his pockets for a list and pulls out a small piece of paper.
“I’ve got:
1 blue mana shard
3 red mana shards
1 bracelet? With black... material and a silver rabbit paw
1 bracelet with purple thread and 3 clear... things
Plants:
1 Amoria
4 Athelas
4 Black Acorn
1 Black Oak Leaves
2 Blue Poppy
1 Coalflower
5 Dwarfnettle
3 Green Hawkweed
13 Greyroot
3 Happy Berry
16 Hotplant
2 Mimic Stalk
4 Moon Flower
2 Parsley
2 Rosemary
1 Sage
2 Stickyweed
1 Sulphur
4 Taproot
3 Thyme
1 Orcthorn

And Striped Hematite
And i want to get rid of it all, i don’t really care how.”
Herr rolls the paper up and places it back in his pocket.
“It’s all been piling up in this pocket with no purpose.”
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:03 pm

Degren slowly reads over the list, "The Bracelets, I'll probably be able to sell. The mana shards probably won't sell for much, I'd give them Val to maybe turn into something. The Amoria, Athelas, Black Acorn, Oak leaves, they might be worth something to an Alchemist, I'll see if I can sell them to some of our connections, but I'm not even certain those connections are even alive anymore. It might take me some time, but I'll see what I can do. As for everything else, I wouldn't bank on it ever selling-- most of them are just plants, and aren't much good to the everyday folk here in Applevale. But, as I said, I can see what I can do." He hands the list back to Herr.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:54 pm

“Yeah, I figured; i don’t really want to just throw them out though.” Herr replies
“Thanks. I’m heading to bed. See you around”
Herr goes to the bar again, speaking, and then leaves the building, heading towards the nearest Inn
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Degren raises a brow as he leaves, "It'll be hard for me to sell anything if you don't leave them with me. "
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:21 am

“Aha.. yeah.. i really need to sleep.”
Herr returns to Degren to give him 1 Amoria, 4 Athelas, 4 Black Acorn, 1 Black Oak Leaves and 2 bracelets.

OOG: i assume i should actually give you these things/tags?
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down