Awareness training with T!

Go down

Awareness training with T!

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Michael sits patiently at the bench just outside the Inn, in one hand, an apple. And in the other, a water mana, carefully shifting around his finger as he stares at it with minor concentration.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Awareness training with T!

Post by Torvallis! on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:56 pm

"AH YES!

Has anyone else decided to tag along for the lesson?"

Torvallis! arrives with several rats on rope leashes.

"I brought the rats out for some air!"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Michael jumps at the suddenness of the Fire mage, nearly dropping the mana, but catching it before it leaves his hand.
"Torvallis, it's good to see you. Am I correct in assuming that you'll be teaching? If not, I wouldn't mind the company. Even if most of them were literal rats." Michael says, before taking a bite out of his apple.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm

"Absolutely I'll be teaching! Shall we get right down to business?"

Torvallis! ties the rats to one of the deck posts, and then turns to address both Michael and the rats.

"So the most important part of higher awareness is being observant enough to boost another mages power! You need to be able to observe the way they use magic, and instantly copy it! Have you done anything like this before?"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Michael shifts slightly to pull his spellbook out.
"No, I have not done anything like that before. Like I said in my note, I only know the basics.
That and I'm usually busy trying not to die most days as of late." He says before taking another bite of the apple.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 pm

"Not you!"

Torvallis! pointed to one of the rats.

"I was talking to Lord Second Breakfast the 3rd! Look, see? He's waving his little ratty hands about. He's got the right idea!

So it doesn't matter if you know the right movements if you can't do them in time with the other mage . . . you could even end up getting in their way. And conversely, it doesn't matter if you don't know the right movements, as long as you can boost the amplitudes!

See, magic is like a wave upon the ocean, (yes, thank you for the demonstration of waves, Cinnamon Chocolate), there's always a push and pull to it as it resists change, it resists the release of power. Push the tide when it goes out, and it comes back stronger. Pull the wave as it comes in, and you work with it, instead of against.

I'm going to summon a fireball, I want you to push and pull with the waxing and waning of the energies."
"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:24 pm

Michael looks nervous, and hesitates for a brief moment.
"Alright, I think I'm ready. Does being a book mage hinder this lesson?" Michael asks, setting the apple down and he cracks his knuckles in preparation.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:11 am

"Not yo- Actually, that'll work too. And no, it's all about power, not about the spells here. You should know this as a book mage! The spells we cast are actually just pre-prepared rituals, packaged after much experimentation. Which is *why* you need your book.

Now c'mon, pump up this fireball"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Michael puts the the mana in his bag and sets the apple down.
He begins to pump to fireball to the best of his ability. His hands flowing in a pumping motion towards the fireball.
(OOG: Hope this is the direction your going in.)
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm

"Yes, yes, exactly! You can see the fireball getting bigger! That's exactly a correct motion!

Each type of mana moves a little differently and requires a different style of motion . . . water moves in and out, like the waves. Fire pulses. The earth grows upwards, and the air swirls around. Essence and void are a bit different again, but if you ever learn those magics, you'll learn how they work.

Alright, we'll practice more on that later.

For now, let's learn how to observe magic more closely. Uh, what magics do you have training in?"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:58 pm

Michael beams slightly with excitement at the praise. Grinning, he attempts to split his concentration and redirect half to the fire mage.

"I deal in water magic at the moment and am able to command people with a temporary spell." He says, looking up while continuing the motion of pumping up the fireball.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:23 pm

"Okay, so we're going to start with some air magic! I wanted to make sure it wasn't something you knew.

So a more aware mage should be able to observe other magics, and learn as well as they would with a teacher, simply by observing.

The first step is to observe the primal power of that magic, and then afterwards to observe the spells and learn them by watching.

So let us sit down and look at the energies of the wind. You already know some tiers of power, so tell me, what did you need to know about the energies of water before you were able to make use of them?"

A squeaking can be heard from the bench.

"NOT you"

The squeaking stops.

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Michael ponders the question, seeming as though he has never been asked questions like that.
"I guess, when it came to water magic, it was understanding the uses and dangers water that surround water. It can remove poison if used by a skilled mage, or drown those not careful enough or unlucky to find themselves within its watery grasp."
He takes another bite of his apple. Hoping his response was adequate.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:08 pm

Torvallis! considers the answer carefully.

"I was looking for something more about the nature of the energies, but you may well have answered that in your own way.

With proper awareness training, you should be able to observe air magic and come to similar conclusions about it, without a teacher. You don't need to go that far right now . . . but observe the winds around us and tell me what you can see about air magic. If it's not enough, I'll guide you to look closer"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:42 am

Michael stops for a moment and begins to stare intently on the blowing winds around him. After putting much of his focus on the winds, he's looks somewhat disappointed.
"I'm afraid I can't see anything when it comes to air magic, will you guide to look closer Torvallis?" Michael says, bring focus back to his teacher.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torvallis! on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:36 am

"Think about what you told me about water. Now think about air. You know the spell 'the air will spin you'? Try looking for eddies and currents, for vortices within the air. Much like the same currents in the water. And look closely at the structures of those and how you would use them"

Torvallis!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down