Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use)

+18
Cosidious
Tor'vakkian_Enyamia
Malva
A Knife!
Keket
Pierre
Prof. P. P. Pendergast
Zar/Herr
Gurok
Micheal Grayflow
Lady Val
Asher Fairchild
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Ivy
Verbena Domitia
Torvallis!
Sylvie
Degren Brightforge
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use) - Page 2 Empty Re: Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use)

Post by A Knife! Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:43 pm

*Niko stands from his seat and looks over the gathering.*

"If I can, I'd like to nominate myself for sheriff. This may seem strange for someone who's been in town for only a few months but since I've been here I've seen so much both great and bad. This town has given so much to me and I truely care for it and it's people. I plan to make Holdfast my home, and I'd like to see my new home become a better place."

"I've witnessed several trials since being here, many were unorganized and the decisions made were based mostly on emotions. I'd like to have a more formal justice system where decisions are made by myself and other third party members so that the declaration of guilty or innocent is decided by members uninvolved in the conflict."

"As Hugo has mentioned the current system does need a re-work and I'd be willing to put forward my own ideas for laws and punishments. As well, I'd like to have both the council and members of the town itself help decide what they believe should be part of the system in place."

"Finally with the current politics being discussed, of whether or not we work with Confederates and Imperials, I think Holdfast's laws should work independently. Those living in Holdfast or are committed of a crime in Holdfast will be trialed by Holdfast. Neither Imperials or Confederates will have favor in the system I'd like to implement, as a criminal regardless of where their alliances are, they are still a criminal to Holdfast and it's people.

Thank you for this opportunity to make a new home, a better place."

*Niko returns to his seat*

Sent from Topic'it App
A Knife!
A Knife!

Back to top Go down

Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use) - Page 2 Empty Re: Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use)

Post by Verbena Domitia Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:37 pm

“Your rebuttals are all welcome. My counterpoints are as follows.

“Let's start with Zar. Your concerns are fair, I'm a passionate individual. Nevertheless, I am entirely confident in my capacity to act with reason in times of heightened emotion. As the assembly may recall, I served as a field medic in the battle for the survival of the world. This was twenty-four hours after the end of my torture and captivity at the hands of Volk. More than once, I stabilized him in order to save his life, despite the fact that the chaos would have provided me a perfect opportunity to kill him. Trust me, I wanted to. Instead, I stood with him at the Earth Circle, taking hits in his stead so that he, as the more competent combatant could continue defending the Circle. If I am willing to withstand pain while shielding my torturer for the sake of our survival, I rather think I can be trusted to act with reason on the council. Not to mention that I have openly cast a vote for an individual who enabled my torturer because she is necessary to this community.

“As for my Imperial loyalty, I have changed my views substantially on that count. My reasons are my own, but suffice it to say that Imperial domination is no longer my cause; if they fall, they fall. I retain my economic and social ties to them as they may yet be of use; I don't need to support the Empire to recognize that we may be able to take advantage of relations with them.

“And no, I don't believe we shouldn't defend ourselves if attacked. I simply believe that we can and should position ourselves so that we don't need to, or need to only rarely. I'm not the only one here advocating for peace.”

Verbena Domitia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:06 pm

"Professor!!!" Rose swats angrily at Pendergast as his drink splashes onto the floor, making a horrible mess and spattering onto Rose's boots and cloak.
After a sour look, she trots off to the kitchen retrieves a rag, and starts to mop up the puddle, grumbling something about about "having to be the grown-up".
slShe sits back down for a while, but after finishing her tea, she seems to have gotten bored, and wanders back off into the snowy trees after quickly stealing a cookie from the kitchen, with a cheeky smile to the innkeep.
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:07 pm

"Professor!!!" Rose swats angrily at Pendergast as his drink splashes onto the floor, making a horrible mess and spattering onto Rose's boots and cloak.
After a sour look, she trots off to the kitchen retrieves a rag, and starts to mop up the puddle, grumbling something about about "having to be the grown-up".
slShe sits back down for a while, but after finishing her tea, she seems to have gotten bored, and wanders back off into the snowy trees after quickly stealing a cookie from the kitchen, with a cheeky smile to the innkeep.
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:45 am

Lady Val watches as everyone debates back and forth. She gets herself a drink of cordial and examines her future political allies carefully. She nods at Niko with approval when he offers to become Sheriff. When the conversation lulls she takes the opportunity to speak.

"Pendergast, Zar, Verbena, and Torvallis!, I would like to speak if I may."

With regards to the Empire I think Verbena has a solid approach. I, for my part, am currently using the Empire's inbuilt systems to secure trade deals with Tor'Jadin for Ner'Batin, Applevale, Soul's Landing, and Holdfast. Indeed I have encouraged Ardin to do something similar in the Confederacy.

Last year I proposed declaring Holdfast an independent nation state from the Confederacy and the Empire. However, although I feel that most people in the town would support sovrenity, that sovrinity means nothing if it is not acknowledged by other nations. Hence, I agree with Verbena in that if we can build alliances with the major political players on the continent and get them to recognize Holdfast as an independent state, then when someone, like the Empire, attempts to invade we will have alliances in place to support counter measures, sanctions, and military aid.

Now, like Pendergast I am concerned that the Empire will use our aims for independence as an opportunity to gain further control. They may only agree to recognize us as an independent nation if we ally ourselves with them, putting us in the exact same awkward position Sinciput now occupies. However, I also think it is possible to achieve independence without too many strings attacjhed if one is skilled enough to navigate Tawdic's political stage. As such, I feel that political dealing with the Empire should only be pursued by experts in that field, something for which I believe Verbena is highly qualified.

Professor Pendergast, If I may be so bold, I ask you then, why I should vote for you over Verbena or Zar to deal with this delicate task? Although you are charismatic, I have seen evidence that you have difficulty remaining dispassionate and thinking through plans before enacting them. As such, how do you plan to conduct yourself as a council member, and if I make speak plainly, how do you plan to conduct yourself as a council member when you disagree with the opinions of another council member? Although Greyfeard, Degren, and I generally tried to present a unified front, we certainly had our disagreements as evidenced by this most recent revelation regarding Volk, yet I think it is clear that we were able to put our differences aside to effectively govern Holdfast during the attack of the Axis Supercede. I mention this because I have no doubt in Verbena, Zar, and even Torvallis!'s ability to generally remain unbiased in a conflict but I do have serious doubts about yours given the passionate speech you just finished.

For Zar and Torvallis!, I ask the both of you how you plan to serve the council. I feel that my own track record and future plans for Holdfast characterize my plans for governance, but I would like to know what vision the both of you have for Holdfast and what you hope to bring.

As for you Sylvie, what will you do when pacifism is no longer an option. I have not had much opportunity to interact with you and as such cannot judge how you will act under pressure. So I ask, when you are faced with a foe like the Axis who refuses to negotiate or see your side of the argument? Magic and psychic abilities can only go so far. Under you where will Holdfast stand if we are besieged by enemies? When Marwell decides she no longer wants us as her playthings?"

(Lifeskill Tactician 1, Lifeskill Diplomacy 1, Lifeskill Statesmanship 1, Lifeskill Orator 1)
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Malva Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:15 am

Malva becomes increasingly spacey and un-invested as the pro-and anti-imperial debate continues. In total disregard for the current conversation, she speaks across the room. "Pierre, Degren. Are either of you, or anyone from your party running for anything this year?"
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:44 am

Her eyes tired.
"Or really, is anyone else running at all?"
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:52 am

*Krond walks into the Watering Hole drenched and panting. Clearly not reading the room he walks over to one of tables, pours a tall glass of water, and begins to down it. He turns around to see people staring at him; feeling awkward, he plops Gram onto the wall and sits down in silence, waiting to see what everyone is talking about*

“Don’t mind me. Just getting refreshments.” He says as he continues to drink his water.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof. P. P. Pendergast Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Pendergast sighs and leans back in his seat with a smile. “You raise an important point, My Lady, and I thank you for asking this of me. Because more than anything, I realize I need to ask this of myself.

He matches his gaze with that of Lady Val. “You are indeed correct. There have been times when I have made plans and strategies, and not fully thought them through. As I’m sure you recall, a very good example of this was the battle plan we developed for our final confrontation with Jenny. We had anticipated that Jenny’s appearance would have been that night, and that we would need three tiers of combatants separated by walls of fire to fight off the onslaught by her minions to allow Bikbun the time he needed to complete the ritual necessary to destroy her heart. The arrival of Captain Seagull in the day – a shock to many of us – was something that could not be anticipated, and thus made those plans irrelevant. After all, why enact a defense strategy for a battle that was not going to happen?

“But if I may be equally as bold, My Lady, I already have plans in the works that I am very much in the process of following through on. One such being, most importantly, a plan to deal with a... potential problem for Holdfast. One which requires considerable research in many regards. But I digress.

“With regard to my passion,” he continues, drawing a slow, deep breath. “In my years as a bard, I have had experience in many different social circles. Many of those circles involved visiting high-ranking dignitaries. We have had such visiting dignitaries recently, namely, Duchess Keket’s parents. I conducted myself in this case as I do with any other that I have been previously involved in: with the utmost respect they were due. Of course, in some situations, more than a few of those visiting dignitaries are responsible for many policy ideas that I have found myself at odds with. In all those situations, I have managed to maintain my composure and act with civility, and I have always managed to keep my opinions to myself.”

His gaze gradually begins to drift downward. “The only exception to this, to my eternal shame, is with the Tawdonian Empire, because of their methods, and because of what they did to my home after I left to seek Confederate assistance. It has proven difficult to overcome this hatred, but this is the only time when such... bias rears its head, bias which I have plans to correct.” His eyes go back to meet Lady Val’s gaze. “But that intolerance for the Empire does not erase the fact that they cannot be trusted. Like you and Torvallis!, I firmly believe that any dealing with them should either be handled with extreme caution. The main problem I have with Verbena’s argument is that she seems either unwilling or unable to fully embrace the gravity of this, when the rest of us are so painfully aware of that fact. Which is why I have encouraged the people of Holdfast to make the right choice... whatever that may be.”

Pendergast turns and addresses the crowd. “I am aware of the fact that I have let my emotions get the better of me earlier in the meeting. For that I apologize. But that does not change my resolve and willingness to help this town, which has helped me many times in the past.” He turns to Lady Val with firm determination. “And if elected, I plan to conduct myself with every bit of decorum, respect and dignity that the office demands. My promise is to work with the council in cooperation, to offer my opinions and those of the people of Holdfast, but abide by the decision of the majority. And even if I am not elected, I still promise to work for the people of Holdfast, to be their voice to the council. On both of these points, you have my word.”

He takes his seat once again.

Prof. P. P. Pendergast

Back to top Go down

Post by Tor'vakkian_Enyamia Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Enyamia sits almost invisible near the back, saying nothing, but observing every detail of the proceedings...every facial expression, every verbal inflection and emphasis, recording every detail in her mind for future use. Bemused at the one constant...the human desire for power, using every means they can think of to manipulate emotions of others in their favor. They have no idea just how much they reveal of themselves in the process.

Tor'vakkian_Enyamia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 pm

*Slurp*
Pierre finishes up his soup and hears his name from across the room. He smiles as he answers Malva, “I don’t think I want to run this year, maybe another time. I’ll let someone else go for glory. I’ve only filled in for interim positions last year filling in for Degren or whoever was suppose to be sheriff. Not to deter anyone running, but there’s a lot of eyes on you and if you slip up or don’t do something right, well...you know...you gotta be able to take the heat. Positions of power have to be held responsibly and I’d like to see who’s got the guts to step up to the plate. I’ve been here for just about all of my three and half years. Maybe I’ll just take a step back and see what everyone else got.” He continues his smile as he gets up from the table and goes to fetch more soup. Pierre heads back to the table, not before he hands Krond a bowl, “Soup taste really good tonight. Should try some friend.” placing his free hand on his shoulder as a friendly gesture and then sits back to his seat.
*Slurp*
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosidious Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Cosidious watches the candidates, hardly keeping himself from rolling his eyes at the constant repeating of same arguments over and over.  And the very human trait of making themselves look better simply by stating just "how terrible" the other side is.  "What a silly way to decide power" He thinks to himself.  All making HUGE promises of what they will do for the town IF they are elected.  Why does one have to have a "title" to serve the town?  

He glances at his mate, affectionately, then comes to a sudden realization and stands abruptly. As the bickering and schmoozing continue he impatiently draws their attention with one loud strike of the base of his axe on the floor. Even Enya's eyebrows raise slightly..but she still says nothing.

He walks over to the door and opens it before turning back to the group. "There. Maybe if we can let the ego out of the room. Someone else might get a word in edgewise. Did anyone feel like we were stuck in some sort of time loop for a bit there? *chuckles to himself*  Ok, With respect folks...can we save the never ending debate of good and evil for a later time?

No, I am not here to nominate myself for anything...the only thing I have less of a taste for than spiders is politics..and you KNOW how I feel about spiders.

But I AM here to make a nomination for Sheriff.  What you need for that to work, especially in a place like Holdfast, is someone with NO desire for power, or glory, or recognition, just a desire to seek justice and fairness. Someone who has a balance of wisdom and strength. A person who would rather a peaceful solution but will have the courage to fight to the very end if needed.

That person is Enyamia. *seeing her narrow her eyes*  No. It IS whether YOU like it or not.  *turns back to the room* Intelligent, observant,  but almost invisible when she wants to be.  Yet I saw her keep fighting  when everyone was down or ran and hid.  Not to be noticed, but refusing to give up protecting Holdfast. No politics, no glory, just fighting for Holdfast.  Can you tell me anyone who would be better to investigate, impartially, and enforce when needed?  She is so far from having any kind of agenda, I'm sure she will box my ears later for calling attention to her. *grins defiantly...knowing he'll pay for it later*  

But I KNOW that she wants the best for Holdfast, as do I.  She would not refuse to do what is best for the town.  After all this last year, i think what our town needs most at the moment is PEACE. How can any other goals be looked at without having peace within our own walls?  

Think about it. Objectively if anyone here can. Can you find a better balanced candidate for peacekeeper?

*Takes the offered drink from his mate, knowing it is meant to shut him up, takes a long swig and then
sits abruptly having said his piece.*  Pardon me, you may continue with the entertainment...*receives a hard slap from Enyamia* I mean the "debate" without any further interruption from me.

Last edited by Cosidious on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cosidious

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Zar tunes out the following events after being asked how he plans to serve the council.
When he has the chance, he speaks.
"As for your question, Lady Val, on how I plan to serve.. I've come up with several ideas that I think would be beneficial to the town and I'd like to work on attaining those things. I'd like a safe place to store items and equipment, almost like a bank for things; and actual bank, since our economy is growing, we will soon need a place to store our currently small amount of wealth; I love the book idea that the town has going on and I'd like to expand it, perhaps have records of people who have the skills to teach, which would be much easier than building infrastructure; and speaking of infrastructure, I think it would be very nice to have a set place for merchants or perhaps our own stalls for visitors and trades, since I know that is an important part in our future."
He smiles and nods at no one in particular
"In general, I'd like to make civic improvements to Holdfast! I'm also confident I can be a neutral party in decision making. It's not that i couldn't encourage this without being on the council, but I feel it would increase the chances of it happening if I were."
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 pm

*Krond smiles and nods at Pierre, graciously accepting the bowl of soup*

“Thank you my friend, I’m famished after today’s training.” Krond digs into his food with little regard for dinner table etiquette. Half-way through the bowl of soup he pauses and looks around, “I think I have an idea of what you’re all talking about. You want to pick new officials for certain positions in Holdfast, right?” He plops his bowl of soup down on the table. “I really don’t care who runs for what. Politics bore me. And from what I’ve seen you all have trouble making decisive decisions and taking decisive action. There is a time for talking, and there is a time for the sword. So no matter who runs for what, you have to be decisive in your decisions; and be willing to accept the responsibility of said decisions.”

*there is a long pause until Krond speaks up again*

“Being in a leadership role is not for the faint of heart. People will look to you for guidance; and it is your responsibility to guide them. That means that your number one priority should be to your people. So whoever ends up where, know that Holdfast has no time for people who only want to further their own political agenda. With the situations that we find ourselves in we need to stand fast and firm, as a family.”

*Krond looks around with a fierce intensity, then goes back to eating his soup*

(Life Skill 1: Chieftain)
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 am

"To answer your question, Malva-- I've decided that my current direction, and that of the Order, doesn't necessarily lead to Holdfast. Our base of operations will likely remain here, with the Citadel, but I can't rightly take on the position of Council Member if I get shipped off to fight some war on the continent. I hope that there'll be enough work here for us to stay, but you never know. "

He sits back and takes a drink, " But, I don't think I'll be voting. No offense to anyone, but I don't really think anyone who's thrown their name into the pot is suited to lead. I can't even think of anyone here who would be. Hell, It turned out I wasn't suited to it, either. Whoever leads Holdfast-- and I think it should just be one person, not three-- in needs to have the people in mind above everything else. For me, the Order has been my primary concern for some time, and I'm constantly trying to improve it through trade deals, missions, what have you... it's my child, in a way. We would need someone who feels that way about the town. Someone with a pride in the town that overshadows everything else. We just don't have anyone here like that.

Remember, We're a tavern in the middle of butt-fuck-nowhere, with a tiny bunker sitting on its outskirts. Our biggest concern should be the people and protecting them from the immediate dangers of the hostile world we live in. If we had walls, or even permanent homes, we could deliberate laws and council meetings, but we're just too small to have a full-time council leading us. The way we live, no one person has the time to permanently be a council member from the time they wake up, to the time they go to sleep... much less three people. We often don't have time for deliberation, or argument. We don't have the luxury of holding stable town meetings-- hell, I'm shocked we haven't been hit by some kind of bandit, spider, or bear already. If we had one leader, then decisions could be made when they're needed, and without worrying about whether or not all three people were together.

He pauses, "Oh, and I wouldn't curse my worst enemy with being the Sheriff here. That's a fulltime job. It'll be physically taxing, fighting off bandits. It'll be emotionally draining when you need to make a call someone disagrees with, and it'll be a balancing act to ensure that you're not bloodthirsty like Volk, Passive like Asher, or a cock-weed like Hugo. Again, no one person really comes to mind for that job either."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Sylvie giggles, perhaps a little smugly, at Lady Vals question.

"While I promote my abilities, and believe we should ALL train in them, I will avert your attention to the young man standing behind me."

Mirisi stands vigilantly behind her, giant fuck-off-guandao in hand.

"The future is psychic. I have seen it..." she stands a moves towards the auras of the young man. "..but I understand we're not quite there yet." She strokes his the underneath of his chin, almost condescendingly. He looks a little uncomfortable, but allows the gesture.

"There is still a time and place for violence in this primitive world of ours. It is my hope that Holdfast can lead as a beacon, an example to all other nations on this island, that weapons are a last resort."
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Degren holds his sword a little tighter, cradling it against the mean woman's words.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Ardin rubs his forehead, clearly exhausted of this discussion. Hearing Degren's refreshing words, he nods.
"For once, I find myself in agreeance with Degren. I haven't heard anything today to ease my suspicions that nothing will get done once again. All this talk about what you want to happen, about desires and wishes. Where are your deeds, where is your proof that you'd lay down for your fellow townsfolk, and why aren't those being put to light instead?"
Ardin lets out a long, exasperated sigh.
"When I first showed up last spring, I thought it was merely a difference in views, that I didn't understand why you were doing things this way but believed they held merit. And I'll admit, I still don't understand, but more and more I see a lack of care for this place. A newcomer running for council?" Ardin motions towards Zar. "At least last time the town had enough respect for itself to not allow me, a stranger at the time, the opportunity to call the shots, unlike now. So I'll be joining Degren in not voting, as I encourage all of you who wish to see this town prosper do as well. Let those who show compassion and benevolence through deeds lead, not those who hide behind words. I think you might find more will get done that way."
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:15 am

“Hey..” Zar says in an almost insulted tone.
“I’m not the only newcomer running and last year we had a newcommer sherrif, i hear.”
He states directly to Ardin, not meaning any malice.
“Besides, i haven’t gotten the chance to prove anything since i’m hardly a fighter or a healer. How can i get a chance if everyone has it all covered and there are no chances?” Zar suggests.
“Honestly, i’m doing this because i do want to help the town some how and i don’t think i’ll be heard if i’m not on the council. Especially since i’m not a fighter and can’t heal anyone.” He explains.

(Edited - didn’t get to read it all the first time)
“But i can agree about hiding behind words. Lady Val talks like she knows what to do but i haven’t been here to say if she has. And as you know, i haven’t met everyone because, well, i don’t talk much.”
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Tor'vakkian_Enyamia Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Well, I suppose I should contribute my opinion as well as an active member of this community. *steps forward and clasps her hands behind her back*

This has certainly be an interesting meeting. But I must say, for the first time since we came to Holdfast...I am ashamed of you. With the exception of Lady Val. While I claim no personal interest in "politics", from what I understand of your democratic process, the apathy and negativity of you all is beyond disappointing. Most of you have no problem spouting all the things you think is WRONG with the candidates and this town, very few are willing to be a part of the solution. Even withdrawing yourself from the privilege of voting.

I, myself, am extremely PROUD of this town and all we have accomplished!! Have you FORGOTTEN our battles against impossible odds in this past year?!? Have you no sense of accomplishment? No pride in how we stood together and fought to a man?! We may have saved the entire realm! WE the tiny holding of Holdfast stood our ground and survived the APOCALYPSE. We have SO many reasons to hold our heads high.

Yet the general consensus you portray, with VERY few exceptions, is "Meh, we really don't care enough about this town to bother."

Like a bunch of over-privileged mewling kittens. None with the claws to do anything but complain. Sad really.

I applaud the few folks who have at least OFFERED to be part of the solution, regardless of their agenda. *nods toward them* At least they are doing something.

Lady Val, regardless of what the kittens say, YOU have shown the greatest leadership and concern for Holdfast. You have been instrumental in our town surviving the hell it is been through in the past year.
I do not require a title to help this town. We, like you, are willing to do whatever is necessary to help our town. Whether that means in any official capacity or simply an objective voice now an then.

"I" am proud of our town. And I am willing to work for it. Those of you who are waiving your right to even vote, have essentially given up your right to have a voice. But hey, you don't care enough to bother anyway right?

Walks over to the group with Lady Val. We ARE Holdfast. If you do not like it here, or how we do things, and are unwilling to help, there is no one forcing you to remain. Prides are strongest when not tinged with apathy and negativity.

Tor'vakkian_Enyamia

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Pierre Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:52 pm

*Slurps*
“Heh...‘ratified’...”
Pierre chuckles quietly after sipping up more soup. Imagining that ratified could mean something completely else coming from Torvallis.
He continues to smile as he finishes up his soup.
*Sluuuurrp*
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Ardin addresses Zar in a light tone, being careful not to make him feel insulted further.

"I didn't mean that as a personal attack but you are, however, the newest. Everyone else coming forward has been here at least a couple seasons, and have shown what they are capable of. If you're saying you can't find a way to help these people in so desperate a time and in need of so much, well... that's exactly my point. A position on council will not change that. As for the sheriff you heard about, that was me, and I can tell you first-hand how much of a mistake that was, both on the council's part and my own. There is a reason I resigned, and there is a reason I don't care for the council the way it is."

Turning to Enyamia, Ardin's expression grows cold as she continues. Once she finishes, there is no compassion left in his voice.

"Is that what you think? That announcing a desire for power above others is the one and only way to help this town? Need I remind you that the council weren't the ones that stopped the Axis. WE were. All of us. Each and every person, standing united, side by bloody side. It was OUR actions that made the difference. It was OUR smiths that supplied Applevale with arms when they were defenseless, it was OUR fighters that risked their lives for the greater good, it was OUR healers that made sure that never happened. OUR alchemists making sure the town is supplied, OUR merchants making sure Holdfast gets better trade, and others still that helped in their own right. I, alongside many of my brothers and sisters sitting here today have died to protect and better Holdfast, and yet still we ask for nothing in return. But if you think that constitutes apathy, that our sacrifices and struggles done purely because they're the right thing to do are worthless to your eyes, then welcome to the most worthless town on Annwm, perhaps the world."

Turning to address the room as a whole, Ardin's tone one again becomes warm and passionate.

"Enyamia is right about one thing. We, as Holdfast, have done much. We are here today only because we overcome, as one force. And that force is action. I haven't yet seen this town discuss matters efficiently or effectively, and I haven't seen this council do much of anything. If those were the only aspects of this place I wouldn't be here today, because Holdfast wouldn't be here today. Everyone in this room has been making Holdfast a better place by BEING the change they wanted to see, not by SAYING what they wanted it to be. We are united, we are Holdfast, and together we will make this place better, but not like this."
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo'chi Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Mo'chi stays in his lane, sipping a tea in the corner. He raises his eyebrows (oog: do cats even have those? w/e they do now) at all this arguing. Boy, these people sure cared about their politics.
Mo'chi
Mo'chi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next