Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kez's Medic training with Ceridwynn

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kez's Medic training with Ceridwynn Empty Kez's Medic training with Ceridwynn

Post by Kez Shiras Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Kez sits alone in the corner of the inn, his feet up on the bench, back against the wall. He whistles to himself, seeing as the morning is certainly nice enough for it. His oatmeal brunch is getting cold on the table, but he's feeling lazy enough to not eat it yet. He simply lays his head against the wall, beginning to drift asleep again.

Last edited by Kez Shiras on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Kez's Medic training with Ceridwynn Empty Re: Kez's Medic training with Ceridwynn

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:32 pm

There isnt peace for long as Ceridwynn kicks the door open. They stop for a moment to wipe their muddy hooves on the deck, dont wanna upset the kitchen ghosts. That still doesnt stop them from walking in with some seaweed and a bag of smelly animal bits and bobs in their hand
"Oh, mornin' Kez! Holdfast hasnt scared you off yet?"
They begin hanging the bits of seaweed off the woodstove.
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Kez's Medic training with Ceridwynn Empty Re: Kez's Medic training with Ceridwynn

Post by Kez Shiras Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Kez is almost asleep when Ceridwynn kicks the door open, and he nearly jumps out of his fur. "THE SNAKE!" he yells, looking completely terrified. After looking around for a moment and realizing he wasn't where he thought he was, he eases to his normal disposition.

"Oh, hey Ceridwynn! Nope, I'm still here! It's some sort of solace, as I'm sure I've said before. May not be great, but it's better than out there, alone. Whatcha got there?" Kez cranes his neck to see what they're doing on the woodstove.

Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:54 pm

"Better the shadow you know than the shadow you dont, I guess. Making stuff for fertilizer, getting the farm prepared for winter. Bone meal and seaweed are a good start, too nice a day to be shoveling shit. Could convince Dimitri to do that.....Think Hassan and half the town would get pissed if I started cutting up meat on the table so guess thats a later job. Dont see how thats worse than doing surgery on them though..."
They sit down beside him as they think outloud, leaving their bags by the stove
"Shit...reminds me I need to clean all those bandages."
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:05 pm

"Well I suppose that's true about surgery and cutting meat!! I would hope that healing is in the opposite direction of cutting meat though." Kez laughs heartily, "Speaking of surgery, One, it doesn't sound like a word anymore. Two, do you know surgery? I'm looking to learn some stuff about the medicinal articinals. For a long time, I've only really dealt with me getting hurt, or... Now that it's other people getting hurt that I could potentially help, I wanna start on that. Could you help me with that?"
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:14 pm

"Yes it does.....surgerysurgerysurgery-nope youre right, not a real word anymore." They shrugs "I dont know surgery-surgery. I do know the bare bones of it though. Making sure if someones alive or dead, bandaging them up. Im still trying to get Keketts lessons straight in my head but I can teach you that much."
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:18 pm

"Gerysur gerysur gerysur, that's much more fun than surgery. Anyways, yes." He shakes his head, as if to force himself to focus, "I could certainly learn that much. Maybe not surgery-surgery, but maybe Ceridwynn-surgery would be greatly appreciated! Would you like anything in return? Help with cleaning bandages mayhaps?"
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:30 pm

They shrug again "Not gonna ask anything for it. Its good to have more hands with the basic knowledge around. Never know when you could save someone after a near fatal springbear attack." They crack their knuckles and tap their fingers on the table for a moment, thinking "Alllright, copy me. Put your arm out like this..." They pull down their sleeve and lay their arm on the table, palm up "...and feel around here" They put a finger on their pulse
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:37 pm

Kez lays his arm out on the table, copying them. He begins to feel his pulse, and looks a little surprised. "I knew I could feel that in my head after I run fast for a while, but I had no idea I could feel it on other parts of my body, and all the time." He stares in wonder at his arm. "Would yours feel the same as mine?"
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:45 pm

"Pretty much. Congrats, means youre alive. If someone doesnt have a pulse, means theyre either dead or pretty close. Wounds splurting blood are a good indicator. Here on the necks a good place to check too." They put their fingers to the pulse point on their neck "Pretty much if you dont feel anything or its slow, theyre having a hard time so maybe help them out."
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:55 pm

"Oh, interesting. Is that... it? Is that how I know if someone is dead or not? I check their wrist, neck, or see if they're spurting blood?" Kez smiles. "That seems easy enough. At least so far, I do not know if the Master Medicinal Manipulator has anything else to say on the topic or not. I should not assume." He takes a quick glance at Ceridwynn, grinning widely.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:01 pm

"Aha! You see, my young apprentice, the Master Medicinal Manipulator has one last trick up their sleeve!" They grin back "See blood is best when it stays in the body. So we gotta make sire it stays there until we can get them, withhold your disbelief, someone who can medic them better than me! Like Morpha, or Lilium, or Keket"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:13 pm

"See, as an Intermediate Alchemist, I'm conflicted. We need blood. In both of a sense that we need blood for recipes, and I suppose we need it in our bodies. But you're right, blood sucks when it leaves my body. I feel weak... and bad." Kez tries to contain his laughter, "and... you're saying... Morpha is a better Medicinal Manipulator than even you? How the hell do I name Morpha now!? Momentous Meticulous Morpha, the Master Medicinal Manipulator?... Actually, yeah, that sounds about right."

"Anyways, yes, you were saying important things about keeping blood in the body. Please tell me more about that, my Master Medicinal Manipulator."
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:47 am

"If you lose some blood, youll be fiiiine. Its when you lose lots of it, its a concern. Thta....is a perfect title for Morpha." Ceridwynn pauses the lesson for a moment to write Morphas new title down "Ok ok, blood staying in the body...bandages! A good medic always carries a bunch of bandages, because people get hurt alot in Holdfast. Tie a bandage on a wound just right and itll keep enough blood in them to get them to our beeeeautiful surgery tables" *Ceridwynn gestures to the table* "Very innovative"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:31 am

"Ah yes, this must be the new version of the surgery table. Very innovative. Very new, I'm sure. So, how do you tie a bandage on just right, then? Shouldn't blood just go straight through thin cloth? I've never really worried about it before, usually other people have it covered for me." He examines a bandage on his arm, placed there by a medic beforehand. He peeks underneath, to see if the wound has healed.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:42 am

"The pressure of the bandage is what keeps the blood from going everywhere. It soaks it up and kinda lets it scab over the wound so there isnt more bleeding." They look around the inn "We're gonna practice...wheres Mar when you need him, I need someone stabbable.....damn it." The faun huffs, dropping their bandage bag and knife on the table "alright, im gonna show you how Theo showed me. Just dont freak out, ok?"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:21 pm

Kez glances at the bandage bag and knife on the table nervously. "Am I going to wish Mar was around? Well, okay, I'll try not to..." Kez looks hesitant, but allows Ceridwynn to do whatever they were going to head on with.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:39 am

"Always wish Mar is around when you need someone to stab." Ceridwynn winces as they make a small cut on their arm. They hold their arm out to Kez, pushing the bandage bag toward him "Deal with it, im defintely dying"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:41 am

Kez's eyes widen as he sees the cut on their arm. "Oh, shitshitshitshitshit. Okay. Right. Uh, bandage." He scrambles to open the bandage bag and grab a bandage, almost spilling them on the floor in the process.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:51 am

"Ok ok lets take it back a bit. First step, relax! Maybe saying I was dying was a teeny bit of a mistake but in a real situation, thats how it could be. Losing your head helps noone, least of all someone using a pool of their own blood as a really bad bed." Kez would get a pat on the shoulder "But this isnt a real 'oh no im gonna die because bats burrowed into my chest or a falcon ate my face, why me' sort of situation"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:16 pm

"Oh. Okay, yeah. I would say that certainly a bit of practice could do me better." Kez looks a little sheepish, but certainly seems like he's gonna get over it. "Sorry about the bandages?" Kez grabs a bandage, takes a deep breath, and calmly attempts to tie it around the cut.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:30 pm

"Its fine, have more i need to clean anyway." *Cerridwynn winces and tugs at the bandage again "a little looser, you dont want to cut off circulation"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:51 pm

"Right, yes, of course. Less blood is still bad." Kez shakes his head a little, seemingly in disbelief that he would make such a silly mistake.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:51 am

"Exactly!" They untie the bandage and hand him another "Here, try again. Practice when someone isnt dying is the best practice!"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:03 am

Kez takes the bandage, takes a deep breath, and begins to tie the bandage around the cut again. After a short amount of fumbling, the bandage is finally tied around their arm. "How's that? It certainly looks better to me." He chuckles to himself, hoping that this time around will be a job well done.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next