Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torvallis! wakes up in the bunkhouse

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Torvallis! wakes up in the bunkhouse Empty Re: Torvallis! wakes up in the bunkhouse

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:38 pm

"Welcome back to the realm o'the living lad, I see ye had a wee nap." Borin says as he notices the fire mage wake up when he comes back to the bunkhouse for some gear he had forgotten. "I'm sure master Timmean would love t'see ye alive'n'well."

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Torvallis! wakes up in the bunkhouse Empty Re: Torvallis! wakes up in the bunkhouse

Post by Borin Ironhammer Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:11 am

"Ye gotta learn te listen lad, it's the realm o'the livin'. Merryweather has got some stew on o'er in the tavern I think ye best be eatin' somethin' soon, yer all bones."

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

[June 10th, 1:30ish pm]

Horns whistled as he finished cleaning up the mess from lunch. The stew smelled delicious, with a lovely mixture of seasoning herbs. Horns breathed the scent in deeply and let the breath out in a happy sigh. He glanced longingly at the small pot of leftovers simmering on the stove. 'Just a little more cleaning, and it's all mine!' He thought as he moved to the next table. He had been so busy serving he hadn't gotten a bowl for himself, but that was about to change. As he moved, his gaze happened to fall on the window, and he saw a certain fire mage who seemed to paying a lot of attention to a leaf which had fallen on the path.

'Hey, Torvallis! is up!' Horns thought gleefully. His whistling stopped (Horns thought he heard someone softly praise a deity) as the glee turned to dread. 'Torvallis! shouldn't be up! They're in awful condition! Borin had to lift them to their bunk! They've been out cold for nearly two weeks, I've had to tend them everyday! Someone in that condition should not be walking about just after they wake up!' Horns' stomach growled wistfully as he passed the stew and ran off after his patient.

"Torvalis!," Horns panted as he reached his friend. "You," huff, "are in no," huff, "condition to be out of bed!" Horns tried to reclaim control of his lungs as he looked at Torvalis!'s face. "Have you hurt yourself again since this morning?" Horns reached into his medical kit for a strip of cloth without looking, and found only air. He looked down, bewildered, and found he had left it in the inn. Sighing, he ran a few steps back, and then realized that he should probably take Torvalis! with him. "Come along! I need to clean you up and check your injuries. And get you back in bed!"

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:51 pm

"The very wise kind!" Horns backed away slowly. "To burn something, fire mana must be used," Horns guessed, based on the wasting comment, "And, uh, clearly your fire mana don't want to leave you! They want to be your treasured friends and never leave your side! And you should keep them by your side!" Large beads of sweat rolled off the faun as he spoke. "Because they give such good advice!" Horns desperately hoped that the majority of Torvallis!'s fire mana would agree with the reasonable one, and would talk them down. Or at least distract them long enough for Horns to fetch Borin. "I-isn't that right, fire mana? You guys su-su-surely agree with me!" Horns absently wondered if mana could see/hear people who couldn't see/hear it, but quickly jolted back to reality when he realized that was a question for a time when a delusional fire mage wasn't threatening to burn him. The train of thought on what was causing the delusions was also filed away for later. Horns glanced over his shoulder, and saw he was getting closer to the tavern, but not close enough for comfort.

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:55 pm

"Uh, I was saying, uh, maybe we could burn things in the bunkhouse! You have some new wounds which might need cauterizing!" Horns figured the wounds probably needed nothing more than bandaging, but Torvallis! didn't need to know that. If they were in the bunkhouse at least Borin would be around if they got violent, even if they refused to eat or sleep. Maybe then Horns could figure out what was wrong with them and cure them.

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:04 pm

"Speakin' o' burinin' things I can't believe ye missed the forest fire that Timmean set. Although I spose ye wouldn't've like that we put it out." Borin says as he comes out of the bunkhouse. "If yer thinin' about cauterisin' any wounds though I would propose ye do it here. I put a lot o'work into savin' the inn from the forest fire and I'd like fer it te not burn down because horns is a medic who doesn't know how te use a bandage."

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:11 pm

Phineas walks into the room, takes a long look at the Fire mage and then looks outside at the charred remains of the meadow.

He slowly raises one hand and seems like he is about to speak. Instead, he then shakes his head, turns on his heal and leaves the room.
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down