The wounded awakens

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:17 pm

In the corner of The Watering Hole, the injured Timmean stirs slightly. As his eyes begin to open, he grits his teeth and his fingers clench as his brain begins to register the intense pain still radiating from his broken arm and shattered knee. Fighting off tears and a scream, he tries to look around and see if anyone else is in the room.

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Malva on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Malva catches Timmean stirring; "Timmean! Are you awake?"
avatar
Malva

Posts : 364
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Timmean reaches up with his left hand and begins to wipe his eyes, wincing with every movement. "Mmm, uh... Malva...? Is that you?" He blinks a few times, the room coming into focus as his eyes clear.

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Malva on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:23 pm

"Yes, how are you feeling?" the faun replies.
avatar
Malva

Posts : 364
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:59 pm

Timmean winces and groans, tries to sit up and quickly abandons the effort. "I'm... not exactly doing well, but you knew that already. I need to know what's happened since I left... is everyone okay? Did the void mage come back?" He pauses for a moment, tilting his head so he can look down at his injured arm and leg. "And dare I ask... has Horns been able to do anything about my injuries?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Malva on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:19 pm

"The void mage hasn't come back." she pauses and squints at Timmean "Does it feel like Horns has done anything about your injuries?"


(oog: what's the timestamp on this conversation?)
avatar
Malva

Posts : 364
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:32 pm

[Time: Sunday, Aug. 16, 4:00]

Timmean grimaces, shaking his head. "No... they feel as bad as when I woke up this morning, before I tried my healing. But where is everyone?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:15 am

Torvallis! entered the inn.

"Oh! Timmean! You're awake! Here, I need a 5th opinion on this stew," T! said as they quickly ladled, er, mugged some soup into a bowl, "The first 4 opinions weren't particularly valid"

They offered Timmean a spoon & a bowl of stew with suspicious furry chunks in it.

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:00 am

Timmean's eyes lit up as he was offered the liquid; he immediately grabbed the bowl with his left hand and hastily brought it to his lips, not bothering to glance at the contents. He tilted the bowl and began to hastily drink from it, but the poor angle and the weakness in Timmean's arm caused much of the broth to spill. Still, he swallowed it as quickly as possible, collapsing back onto the bench once the bowl was empty. His chest now heaving slightly, he pants "I hadn't... realized how... hungry... and... THIRSTY... I am... what else... do... we... have?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:18 am

Torvallis!, eyes alight, wordlessly walks to the stove and back, bringing the entire pot of stew before Timmean.

"I knew that sailor wasn't just making up kiwis! They're a real fruit, and they go awesome in stew!"

T! ladled themselves up a bowl as well, and began slurping up the sweet & savoury fruit stew.

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Timmean took his empty bowl and scooped up some more stew, quickly bringing the liquid to his lips and sucking it down as fast as possible. He repeated this motion several times, finally dropping the bowl and lying back, panting. "Thank you... that's much better." After a short pause, he begins to notice the sticky sensation of the liquid drying into his clothes and on his face, and reaches up to try to wipe some of it off. "...sorry about the mess."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:00 am

"Oh, don't worry, your blood didn't manage to stain the boards *that* badly. We got most of it out with a simple cleaning solution Malva once taught me how to put together out of wood ash and water. We had a lot of wood ash to work with.


So, you never did tell me why you came in with so many broken limbs"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 am

Timmean grimaced and paused for a moment before answering. "The void mage found me, as I intended. She... wasn't happy with the town's decision." He paused for a moment, then added, "but at least she didn't harm anyone here."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 am

"The town's decision to do what? What void mage?"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:25 pm

"Turning down here request for... blood donors, so to speak."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:38 pm

"Ahhh, the void mage is the vampire, then?"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Timmean visibly flinches as Torvallis finishes the sentence; through gritted teeth, he utters "Don't... call her that."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:01 pm

" . . . why?"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Malva on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:53 am

"I feel like she's not actually a vampire" Malva chimed in; "Is she not actually a vampire?"
avatar
Malva

Posts : 364
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:47 am

Timmean sighs and weakly shakes his head. "I don't know, but I asked if she had a name besides just va... besides that word. Her reaction was... very painful."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 am

"Hmmmm . . . doesn't that indicate she might be a vampire? If you weren't, wouldn't you just be like, 'Oh, no, honest mistake! I can see how you think that with the BLOOD SUCKING and all, by the way, eat more iron'? If it's a sore spot, perhaps that's a self-denial of vampirism.

And if she isn't, what is she doing with the blood?"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:09 am

Again, Timmean shook his head weakly. "I don't know if she is or isn't. I just... don't want her to hear any of us using that word." He shivers, then winces as a fresh spasm of pain shoots through his arm and knee. "I don't think she'd respond kindly."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:33 am

"Fair point. Question! Why aren't you using your healing skills on your leg?"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:24 am

"I'm afraid healing magic has its limits;I've repaired a lot of damage. The cuts, the bruises, those are gone. But the damage to my knee and arm must be too severe. It's the same reason I couldn't regrow Volk's eyes. The Magic can dull the pain... But can't fix everything."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*
avatar
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 333
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm

[Time: Sunday, Aug. 16, slightly after 4:00pm]
Horns enters the tavern while digging through his medkit. While looking up to ensure he doesn't knock anything over, he spies Timmean, awake.

"You're up!" He smiles broadly. "That's..." The smile falters, "Well, it's good, certainly, but I think that you would rather not be up for what comes next." Horns sits down next to the wounded man, then gently lifts and examines his arm. "Some of the bones in your arm were knocked out of place, and then thrust back. Which would be fine, if they were thrust back in the right place!" He considers this. "Er, well, it would be incredibly painful, but it wouldn't have a large negative impact on your ability to use your arm. But... They weren't thrust back in the right place. So I'm going to undo the damage and put your bones back in the right place!" Once again, a smile appears, then falters. "Uh, but that means I'm going to have to break your arm again." A pause. "So that's gonna hurt." A pause. "... Sorry."

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum