The wounded awakens

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:54 pm

"Oh, hey, Horns!

Do you mind if I help or watch? I've been thinking about learning a little more about the art of medicine. The town practically falls apart when you're not around!"

[OOC: Just to be explicit, I'm looking to actually learn Medic 2 & Medic 3 & have you sign off on those]

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Timmean grimaced, then nodded. "That's fair enough; repairing damage isn't always pleasant. Do whatever you need to. Although..." He pauses, thinking for a moment, "is there anything you could do to knock me out?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Horns first addresses the fire mage. "Well, I could certainly teach you, Torvallis!, but I think this might be beyond your capabilities. I think if you would like to learn more about medicine, we should start with something smaller. After I fix Timmean up, perhaps we can try something else!"

He turns back towards Timmean and adopts a thoughtful expression. "Hmmm... Well, I could, uh, punch you. Until you fall unconscious. Then I would have to deal with those wounds as well, but I suppose I could do that, if you think it would be less painful. Alternatively, someone else could do basically the same thing, albeit likely faster. I personally don't have any potions that would do it, although I'm sure my fathers have used one before for similar procedures. Um... Psychics can put themselves in trances, if you know anything about that, or anybody who might know. That could work. Or if you have any magic that would help!" He shrugs. "Other than that, the only real option is to get you drunk."

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:48 pm

Timmean sighed. "There's not much I can do with magic... I could patch up any of minor wounds you inflict, though." He paused and turned to look at Malva; "what about you? Any useful potions? Or do you think blunt - force trauma is the best bet?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Malva on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:14 pm

"I have one that could stop you from speaking if that would help" she replied sarcastically

Malva

Posts : 343
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Horns laughs, and then thinks about it. "Well, if you stop him from speaking, does that prevent screaming?" He shrugs. "No better for him, but, I mean, far more pleasant for us." He turns back to Timmean. "Unless you'd rather be punched out!"

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Timmean gritted his teeth and sighed; "Proceed with the punches."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:13 pm

"If it would stop him from yelling, I think that's all we really need here!"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Horns looks at Torvallis!. "Well, this way also dulls the pain for our patient. And he asked for it!" Horns turns back to Timmean, cracks his knuckles, stretches a bit, and sighs to collect himself. He then winds up and punches his patient in the face (1 Mauling). Without waiting, he pops him in the face again (1 Mauling). While the adrenaline is still pumping (Despite any protests from Timmean, if any) he punches a third time (1 Mauling). Shaking out his hand, he then stops to inspect his work.

----
(OOG):
If you want us to make another thread for training Torvallis! in Medic taking place a few days after this one, we certainly can, Chickie! I meant to mention that before.


Last edited by Horns on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding postscript)

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Timmean, his face now bloody, opens one eye and mutters "Not a bad punch... But not quite good enough..."

(OOG: not enough damage)

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Horns nods, winds up again, and quickly punches Timmean in the face again (1 Mauling), and again (1 Mauling). After a moment of hesitation he adds a third punch (1 Mauling), just to be safe.

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:03 am

Timmean goes limp and collapses on the bench, blood now starting to run from the fresh wounds on his face.

(OOG: yes, he's unconscious and bleeding out now)

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:09 am

Torvallis! rushes in and quickly bandages Timmean, since Horns seems to be standing there, questioning his life decisions.

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:59 am

Horns thanks Torvallis!, fills a pot full of water, and lays it on the stove to heat.

He gently moves Timmean so that he is lying down flat on the bench. He picks up Timmean's arm, and he examines it closely, prodding at all of the bones and finding where they had been forced. Horns stretches, cracks his knuckles, lays his hands on either side of the largest offending bone, and pulls. The bone pops out of place, knocking the other, smaller bones out of place, as well. Horns then extends the arm fully and lays it down next to Timmean's torso. He carefully arranges the bones into their proper positions, and pulls again, several times in different places along the arm, to pop the bones all back into place. He then prods all the bones again, to ensure they were properly placed. Happy with his work, he lays the arm back down beside Timmean.

Getting up, he walks over to the stove. He touches the water in the stove to ensure that it was a nice, warm temperature, then lays it on the table next to Timmean. He produces a cloth from his medkit, which was leaning against the table, removes Torvallis!'s bandages, and uses the water to clean the wounds on Timmean's face. He then takes another cloth and applies antiseptic to the wounds. Finally, he threads a needle and sews the wounds shut, using unconnected surgical sutures. He then grabs his vial of smelling salts, opens it, waves them under Timmean's nose, to wake him up, and begins cleaning his cloths and sterilizing his needle.

"How does your arm feel?" He asks, as he works.

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Borin Ironhammer on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Borin walks into the tavern and sits down. Looking towards Timmean's battered face he says "Ye look like a buck kicked ye right in face, what happened te ye lad?"

Borin Ironhammer

Posts : 214
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Timmean lies on the table, momentarily disoriented; his head starts to clear as he hears the question. "What...? Oh, um... it feels fine, I think..." After a momentary pause, he adds, "Can I move it? What about my leg?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:24 am

Horns laughs at Borin's question. "That isn't too far off, if I'm honest. If you consider fauns to be like bucks. And punches to be like kicks."

Horns, having sterilized all of them, begins packing away his medical supplies. "Well, your leg is... Slightly more complicated." He leans his bag back against the table and sits down next to Timmean. "Your knee is shattered, completely, and there are many shards of bone in the socket." Horns gently picks up Timmean's arm and begins moving it, slowly, to see if there's any restriction to movement or pain. "This is... Very bad. It means that I cannot fix this simply, like your arm." Satisfied, Horns gives Timmean back his arm. "Which is on it's way to a full recovery, by the way!" Horns says happily. "Be careful with it for now, don't move it too much, but it'll be good as new in no time." Horns then looks at Timmean's knee. "There are options for your leg, however. If I knocked you out, cut you open, painstakingly took all of the bone fragments and put them together in exactly the right places, your knee would heal on it's own. In a few weeks. Or, well, months, maybe. If you stayed completely still. Which would mean you would have to stay knocked out, really." Horns shrugs. "Not my favourite option, but that's option number one." Horns stretches and gets more comfortable on the bench. "Option number two is to make a new knee for you, out of metal!" Horns ditches his comfortable position to lean forward, excitedly. "I would have to work closely with one of the smiths, perhaps you, Borin?" Horns looks at the blacksmith hopefully, "And it would likely cost you, but I'm certain I can do it. I can capture the beauty of the human bone structure in metal and reproduce a working knee!" Horns takes a second to bask in the idea. "I'll have to remove all the bone fragments, but that's much easier than putting them back together. All in all, a very doable plan!" Horns smiles and leans back. "Option three, if you aren't convinced, is to put you in a massive splint, all the way up your leg. That would get you mobile, but it would likely be painful and you would have to keep your leg completely straight. And if I don't remove the bone fragments they could move into your blood stream and lodge themselves somewhere, or rip something open... So I'd have to remove the bone fragments. I'd also recommend a cane, to keep the weight off of your leg." Horns sighs, "I suppose option four is to wait for a mage or psychic to magic or mind-thingy the leg back, but that's hardly any fun, is it? You could do option three and wait for option four, I suppose, as well. But remember that you don't know when a mage might wander through, but you know that I can start to help make you a nice new knee right now!" Horns pauses, to go over the options in his head, and make sure he didn't miss anything. "Hm... Yeah, that's all of them. Unless you want to cut the leg off completely and replace it with, say, a small goblin!" Horns looks excited again. "We'd need to get one, but we can nab one from Borin's trial, I'm sure. We'll call that option five." He thinks for a second, then nods, satisfied.

"So, what do you think?" And then, under his breath, "Two or five, two or five, two or five."

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Timmean's jaw drops and he stares at Horns, growing more bewildered the more Horns says. After a few moments of stunned thought, he stammers out an answer. "Ah, um, well... uh, the metal would be fastest, right? How much do you need to rebuild? Just the kneecap?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Borin Ironhammer on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm

"three pieces should do and i would also need a..." Borin's voice trails off. He seems rather spacey at the moment frequently staring back at the goblin poster and thinking about the ones he saw elsewhere on his travels. He was traveling try to find opportunities to buy and sell goods but everywhere he went it seemed the goblins already knew he would be there. He ended up coming back empty handed weary and much more concerned about the goblin's plans.

Borin Ironhammer

Posts : 214
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm

"Yes, the metal would be the fastest!" Horns smile splits his face completely in two. "You're right, I just need to rebuild the knee itself! The surrounding bones are mostly intact, so I'll check them out during the surgery and put you in a splint until they heal, if they need to." Listening to Borin, he adds, "And do you hear that? Three pieces! That's not very much! What's the other thing you need, Borin?"

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Borin Ironhammer on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:46 pm

"I need te learn te read and te use magic." he says snapping back into reality. He gets up and walks over to the wall and rips down the poster throws it in the fire and turns to his companions. "And a diagram."

Borin Ironhammer

Posts : 214
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Torvallis! on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Torvallis! perked up again.

"To use magic, you say?", Torvallis! paused and look at their left shoulder, "Yes, yes, I concur, Borin, it would be Fantastic if you were thinking of maybe learning a little fire magic? I'd be happy to help!"

Torvallis!

Posts : 363
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:08 am

Timmean continues to listen to all of this through a bit of a dazzed fog, but speaks up at this point; "I'm afraid I don't have much metal to work with, though I could try to trade some of my produce if a merchant comes through. I can certainly teach you some magic; earth is my speciality of course, and I also know some water if you like. Though if you just want to be able to see and hold magic, we don't even need to go into the actual spells."

He pauses for a moment, then adds, "Are we really going to try this?"

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Horns on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Horns, surprised by Borin's sudden action, watches the poster burn. Bringing himself back to reality, he says, "I can provide a diagram! I'll probably come down to the forge with you when you're forging it, too, to make sure I'm there for any clarifications!" Horns bounces up and down in his seat. "And I can teach you to read, as well, although perhaps it would be more appropriate if Timmean did, as it is part of his payment, if I understand. Magic is beyond me, though."

To Timmean, the faun beams and says, "It seems we are!"

Horns

Posts : 240
Join date : 2014-10-05
Age : 19
Location : The Watering Hole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Timmean on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 am

Timmean nods and begins to sit up, but quickly stops as the movement draws fresh pain from his knee. Lying back down, he just says, "well, I suppose jyou two should get started as soon as you can. Let me know how I can help but... I don't think I'll be too useful in this state."

_________________
*Brooding* *Brooding* *Brooding* *Farming* "The Earth will heal you!" *Brooding*

Timmean
Admin

Posts : 312
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 28

View user profile http://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The wounded awakens

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum