Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Thing Anyone Expected of a Dwarf

2 posters

Go down

The Last Thing Anyone Expected of a Dwarf Empty The Last Thing Anyone Expected of a Dwarf

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Timestamp: August 23rd Noon

Borin walks into the tavern ready for lunch, he puts a few roughs on the counter and grabs some food and sits down waiting for Timmean.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

The Last Thing Anyone Expected of a Dwarf Empty Re: The Last Thing Anyone Expected of a Dwarf

Post by Timmean Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Timmean hobbles in, leaning on his staff as he walks. Making his way through the room, he picks up a few used plates and goblets, carrying them toward the sink. Noticing Borin, he nods and smiles; "Good day, Borin; how are you doing today?"

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Thing Anyone Expected of a Dwarf Empty Re: The Last Thing Anyone Expected of a Dwarf

Post by Borin Ironhammer Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Borin Swallows a mouthful of bread. "Gulp. I'm alright lad. But I was thinkin', knowin' magic might be quite... shall we say, beneficial for a dwarf with my professional agenda.Projected profit aside it might also be useful for the situation I've gotten myself into with the goblins. Ye think ye can help me?"

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Timmean looks up, somewhat surprised, then smiles and chuckles. "Alright, gladly! Actually, I was just teaching Malva a few days ago. Did you want to start now?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 pm

"Just a moment, lad." Borin scoffs down his bread and cheese a knocks back a mug of ale. "Now I'm ready."

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:04 am

Timmean nods, and hobbles over to sit next to Borin. "First of all, remember that this can sometimes take a while to learn. You'll have me to help you, and you've been around a fair amount of magic here, so that might help, but it will still take some work. The first thing to remember is that magic already exists, but your senses don't naturally recognize it since you don't interact with it. You need to let yourself stop looking for what you already see, and instead let yourself see the magic, even if you don't understand it." He reaches into his mana pouch and pulls out a water mana. "Now, to start... do you see anything here?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:49 am

"no"

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:10 am

Timmean shrugs; "Well, that's to be expected. What I have here is a water mana; it's just a little ball of concentrated magic energy, which we use to cast water spells. Let me try something that seemed to help Malva..." He closes his eyes and concentrates on the With water I strike you with ice spell, causing the mana to form small ice crystals in his palm. "See anything yet?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:57 am

"I see... ice" Borin said confused by why this might help.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:36 am

Timmean nods, opening his eyes as he releases the spell, letting the crystals vanish. "Exactly; that was a basic water spell to throw ice. It's usually an attack spell, but I kept it from fully forming. Now, the mana is still here; it's still in my hand. But I'm not using it. Now, I'm going to do that a few more times, forming the magic into ice, then releasing it back to mana from. Watch the spot, and remember that the magic is still there, even when I'm not focusing on it. Try to watch it, to see it all the time. You can try to touch it if you like, just be careful; we don't want the spell to actually hurt you." He closes his eyes and again focuses on the spell, causing the ice crystals to slowly appear and vanish.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Borin slowly touches it and jumps back from the fright of how cold it is. "Holy shit lad be careful with that shit." As Borin looks back at Timmean's hand he sees a faint green glow. He feels a slight disturbance if his fey blood. "It's... beautiful." He says a tear coming out of his eye. He quickly regains his composure. "I see green stuff, can I learn earth magic now?"

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Timmean raised his eyebrows in surprise; "That's... astonishingly quick. Just a moment..." He reaches into his hand and swaps the water mana for an earth. "What about this one? Can you move it?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Borin takes the mana tosses it to himself a couple of time on the last toss he almost drops it but catches inches from the floor.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Timmean's eyes go wide in panic as the mana nearly drops to the floor. Letting out a deep breath as Borin catches it, he extends his hand; "Um, impressive, but please... don't do that again. Mana dissipates very easily without someone to keep it focused, and it's a slow process to get more. Now... you said you wanted to learn earth magic? Any spell in particular?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:38 pm

"No just how to be more powerful and make mana."

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Timmean thinks for a moment and shrugs. "Alright then. Well, if you want to study earth magic, we'll have to go somewhere a little better suited." Gingerly taking the earth mana back from Borin, he slips the mana into his pouch and then turns and walks from the inn. Speaking over his shoulder, he adds, "We could try this anywhere outside, really, but the earth circle would probably be the best place to study, if you're okay with that."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:23 pm

"If you say so" Borin says marching full speed towards the earth circle leaving the recovering human trailing behind. When he arrives Borin is completely taken aback by the waves of seemingly obvious brown magical energy he somehow managed to miss every other time he was here. He actually found it rather overwhelming and when timmean arrives he finds Borin staring blankly trying to comprehend the amount of raw power in the world.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:53 am

(OOG: Moved over to a new thread in The Trodden Paths since we're no longer in the inn)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down