Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are only two ways an assassin's career can end.

+2
Bikbun Ironbones
Zar/Herr
6 posters

Go down

There are only two ways an assassin's career can end. Empty There are only two ways an assassin's career can end.

Post by Zar/Herr Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:42 pm

I walk slowly through the woods, watching my feet so as not to trip. I've been lucky ever since I woke this morning, not a single beast or bandit has bothered me, unlike the last two days. I hear talking in the distance, I stop to listen, the talking sounds stationary but I can't see any light. With both fear and excitement, I walk towards the sound, being careful not to be too loud. Is this it? I think to myself noticing lights in the distance; I perch myself on top of a large rock behind a thin veil of trees, I'm able to see above some of the trees; I see an empty field and what looks to be two separate buildings connected by a wooden porch. Holdfast! I internally exclaim to myself. I review the list of targets I was given before my departure.

Agent,
The client has given brief descriptions of your targets. Remember, each target has a
separate bounty placed upon them and as such a single kill is still a job well done.

-A man with short dark hair, wields a blue shield and short sword, wears blue armor
-Fat man with massive round shield, sword and wears chainmail
-A man only a short sword and shiny armor as well as terrible hair
-Tall skinny man, red armor, wields wooden staff
-A man clad in black armor with a single, very long sword
-Another man clad in black, usually a cloak with many weapons, usually uses two swords.
*All targets are Human
**Note that the last target is Volkihere, NOT a knight but currently has a larger bounty.
***Keep civilian casualties to a minimum! we are not bandits!

There are other knights but only these ones have been specified as targets

I nod my head, destroy the note and toss it onto the ground. I believe there should be a camp for the knights here I ponder and begin to search for it. It isn't long before I find the camp, it's dark and seems empty but i walk carefully and silently so as not to make much noise. I search the tents and surrounding area but there is no one to be found. Perhaps they will return i suggest to myself and find a spot behind the largest tent with the least noisy clutter and most space to hide. Minutes pass but no one comes, the talking in the distance continues but never comes closer; I see them across the field, people gathered. I begin to move back into the woods the way i came, headed towards the two buildings.

As I made my way through the trees I hear an alarmed scream and the sounds of fighting shortly thereafter. Clearly, I had not been spotted and continued through the woods, unable to see the area clearly beyond the trees. I found a path leading directly to the side of one of the buildings and from here I could see that people were fighting strange beings, ones I had never seen before. Cautiously, I walked out of the woods and to the back of the building, making sure no one was around; I could smell a bathroom nearby. I can't join the fight but they are distracted, I doubt any of them will be alone considering they are being attacked I begin to walk by the backside of the building and peer around a corner that is next to the porch and other building. Every now and then a person would come out of either building and i would hide behind the corner again, surprised that no one was walking this way, especially considering there were stairs very close by.

For the next while, I continued spying around the corner, looking for an opportunity to cross the open area; I did, making it behind the other building and noting that there was no one here either, it seemed everyone was either in combat or inside the buildings. I became frustrated and went back into the woods near the building that was likely the bathroom. As luck would have it, a large man wearing chainmail walked by and into the bathroom, one of my targets! quietly, I walk over and stand between the two bathroom doors and hoping no one else comes this way. The door to my left opens, my eyes widen and heart races, he turns in my direction while closing the door and I stab him in the chest! it pierces his armor and skin, I remove my dagger and he falls to the ground, or more specifically, wooden foundation. Ecstatic, I pull his heavy body into the grass and out of the light. My thoughts race as I debate on where to hide myself and worrying that someone may find the body. I run back behind the first building near the corner by the porch and find a nice area to hide and wait. someone walks past me, it isn't my target, I let them go; I hear someone go into the bathroom and I rush, again, between the doors. It opens, my dagger digs deep into another man's chest and he falls! Another success! I think as I drag his body over to the previous one; I examine this man. He doesn't match any of those descriptions... I ponder. But he looks knightly... I decide to leave him bleeding and go back to hunting, the fighting in the field continuing.

"Where's Degren? Has anyone seen Degren?" I hear but do not worry about him being found in time.

I'm having a lot of luck in this area! I exclaim to myself. I decide to hide on the side of one of the main buildings, there are wooden stairs leading to a door, I hide by it in hope of taking whoever exits this way. Someone walks out, I look up and see a red cape, bad hair and shimmering armor. A knight?! I stalk him for only a few steps before rushing to his back, he notices and sprints away without looking back! I continue chasing to just a few seconds before realizing he's entering the field of people. Time slows, I try to stop and turn but my foot slips and I slide into the field, I see my target still sprinting away and I see several dark silhouettes illuminated by the moon; Fear consumes me and time returns to a normal pace as I flee deep into the woods!

But there is no chase, no one comes running after me, no one seems concerned. did they think I was one of those things?. I take time to catch my breath, I observe a couple going towards the knight camp, thinking this may be another good chance, I hurry in that direction but they don't stay long and before I arrive I notice at least five people walking back from the camp. I'm glad I didn't get there I exclaim and return, through the woods, to the buildings. I return to my spot by the door, the sounds of battle have died down considerably. I peer just above the wooden platform, I need a better view, I poke my head up and am spotted. "Who goes there?" one of the silhouettes shout. I freeze momentarily, they draw closer and I run into the woods; Still no chase, They mustn't realize I'm not one of those things!.

The sound of battle begins again after some time, I come out and see a Faun lying on the ground near a corner of the building. I hide behind the stairs again but am unable to see it clearly. I don't like Fauns, liars and tricksters!. Someone exits the door near me, I hide as they pass, seemingly unconcerned about the Faun. I observe it, it doesn't seem to be moving or breathing. They're tricksters, remember? I conclude that I will make sure this Faun really is dead and begin to crawl under the stairs towards it. I notice a significant amount of blood on the ground near its head, suddenly, I feel pity for it...

Minutes later, I sneak out behind one building, across the back of the porch and behind the next. I don't quite reach the corner when I notice someone lying down on the side deck. Examining the person, I see that he is breathing and not one of my targets so I leave them alone. There are a few paths nearby and a few trees with bushes, I hear voices down the path and see the glow of fire and the sound of metal clanging. Someone begins to walk up the path, I quickly find a spot within the bushes and trees to hide; I see no one else around and the area they're coming from is not in direct view of the path, I elect to assassinate whoever this is and pull him aside. A man walks by, I rush out of the bush next to him, stabbing at him but missing, he begins running, turns his head to look and flees inside as I give some chase.

"Herr is out there..." He says as he gets inside. Is that a code for something?. I lie in the bushes as another man in brown and purple walks into the doorway exclaiming that there is something in the bushes and demanding that whatever it is should speak, I stay silent. "Someone should take care of that!" He exclaims, going back inside. I run down the path where I had just ambushed someone and squeezed into the trees; Still, no one came to investigate.

I exit the trees, not quietly at all, and investigate the glow. It's an outdoor forge! I see two people, One seems to be a Kaern and the other, a Dwarf! They are talking as the dwarf repairs armor on his anvil. He's repairing armor, I could do some serious damage if I disable this blacksmith! I Conclude. I walk farther down the path, making sure no one in the field, which is visible from a second path that I cross, notices me. I do not sneak into the forge area, rather I walk in.

"Hello, Can I help you?" The Dwarf asks. I wave and walk up to him, without missing a beat, I stab him, he falls and the Kaern braces to fight. His weapon has a long reach but he is weak, his strikes only push me without causing damage, he notices but is unable to escape as I slash at his arms and chest until he falls. I drag them both into some tall grass nearby, bandage them up and return to the path and into the bushes, waiting to ambush again. I take some time to observe the battle in the field. There are three or four things in the field that are hostile to the town, one of which moves slowly and the townsfolk seem to be avoiding.

I notice something, A Faun! One of the attackers is a Faun! It looked like the Faun I found dead not long ago. To be sure, I look over towards the corner I saw it lying and, to my surprise, the body was gone! I took a closer look at the other hostiles; Degren! one of the men I murdered by the bathrooms was also attacking the town! Amazed, I watch the battle as each side strikes down old friends, as townsfolk are pulled inside after succumbing to battle. I had better be paid well for this!

"Bikbun?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and see two people walking towards the forge, both of these people survived an assassination attempt but I was sure to kill them this time! The shiny armored one finds the two bodies in the forge as the second man gets to the forge. I almost have time to strike when the shiny knight shouts "Behind you!" The one I was so close to turns to defend himself and I make him walk into the forge area. "Herr, what are you doing?" my opponent asks me. "I don't know who Herr is but i'm sure he's a nice guy!" I exclaim as I stab at him. He doesn't match any description of the knights, he has a shield but is too weak to hurt me and so no real damage is dealt. The shiny one attacks but to no avail, I switch targets. You're a knight! I think as I focus my attention on him. it isn't long before he is cornered and slain; I turn to face the other man but he has escaped! I knew he was going to tell the others of me, there was no way they would ignore this! I drag the knights bodies with the other two and run up the path and notice that he hasn't gotten inside yet, swiftly, I assault him, he collapses half inside and half out. Satisfied with my work, I hop the side of the deck and run back into the woods. Silence...

"...Need reinforcements! I'm going to get Marwel!"

I jerk my head towards the sound, the field is empty and a lone man jogs across the field. Two thoughts enter my mind. "Easy target!" and "Isn't Marwel a vampire?!"
I spring into action and run into the woods, rushing towards the knight camp hoping to catch up to this man. I hear talking as I shove tree limbs aside and dodge hundreds of rocks in the dark. As I run, I see the man through the trees, he has stopped! I also stop and find the nearest exit, as I do, the lone figure begins jogging again; adrenaline begins to pump through my veins and i sprint out into the field with my dagger in hand. Unfortunately, I crunch several branches on my way out and alert the man of my presence.

"What the hell is that?! Who the hell is that?!" He screams as he pivots and sprints back towards the buildings. I can't catch him! I run back into the woods and catch my breath. He's going to come back this way. I walked, calmly to the path that enters the knights camp. It's still dark and empty, I continue through the grass and back into the trees farther down the path I expect the man to walk. I stop before a wooden fence, beyond two large rocks in the path with a perfect view into the field, sitting upon a rock, I watch to see if anyone comes; It isn't long. "Is anyone there?" I hear a voice shout, I remain seated. Eventually, someone comes into view but I can't see them clearly; He looks unarmed as is, once again, alone. It may be the fellow i just chased. He walks slowly down the path, I stay within the shadows and hide behind a nearby bush with a good view of the Fence and path, I get down on my hands and one knee with my head down and my other foot planted to get up quickly if he runs. A couple of minutes seem to pass and I hear his light footsteps slowly go past me, I raise my head and see him walking past the fence, I begin to follow him, not bothering to be stealthy. He notices me and stands still, turned towards me. "Who's there?" He asks. I wave. "Don't worry, it's only me" I say as I continue walking. "Herr?" He inquires, still stationary. "Who is Herr and why does everyone keep calling me that?" I say as I close the last few feet between us and stab him several times, he falls, bleeding out and I quickly bandage him up, knowing that this man is not one of my targets and that no vampire will join the fray. "This tactic is very effective! I should use it more often." I exclaim to no one. I leave him on the trail, confident that no one is going to look for him anyway. "Where's Timmean?" I hear in the distance. I chuckle, Must be this guy.

I walk once more, through the woods and to the buildings on the far side. The two bodies by the bathroom are gone but i'm sure they're both dead. again, I peek around the same corner by the porch, everyone is still in the field except one man. He is whimpering behind a shield as one of the undead bashes his axe against it. If I can at least knock out this boy and get rid of the undead, I can probably get inside that building and kill a few people. I contemplate for a moment when a stroke of luck passes me by, The creature is distracted by something and walks away from the coward, I walk up the stairs and crouch next to the coward, proceeding to stab him in the side until he no longer makes noise.

As my newest target slumps over, I hear people exit the building behind me, as I get up and turn around a female makes it to the bottom of the stairs in time for me to stab her directly in the stomach and sprint off the deck into the field without looking back. "YOU!!" I hear a man scream in anger as I make my escape. While fleeing into the field, I'm able to hear the man behind me catching up. Maybe I can take him! I think and stop, turn to face him and see a man with short, dark hair, a sword, shield and blue armor. Another knight! He will die here! He is too weak to hurt me but too well defended for me to get a hit on him. "The air will slow you!" I hear shout as I see a faint blue glow in his hand magic user! I exclaim internally and attempt to roll out of the spells range. I fail, the air feels thick and groggy as I get to my feet but luck was on my side once again as an undead skeleton begins to assault the blue man while I make my slow escape into the woods.

A significant amount of time passes but eventually, the air thins and I am able to move normally. I make my way back through the woods towards the buildings. I'm not finished with them I exclaim, truly thinking that I was a match. The field was empty, I snuck onto the deck, ignoring the two undead beings who were also on the step walking towards me. What a foolish mistake, did I think that just because they hadn't attacked me yet means that they never would? I am grabbed by the fat one I killed earlier that night and am thrown onto the deck, face down. I struggle to get up but it's too strong, I look up and see a metal arm coming down upon me. Darkness... Silence...

I awaken in a seated position, I keep my eyes closed, I feel restrained, I can see light through my eyelids, there is a breeze and a tapping on my shoulders. Someone asks me questions but I ignore him, I pretend to be unconscious. "With water I command you to cooperate" I hear and feel a splash hit me; I can't help but cooperate. I open my eyes and turn my head to my captors. "Timmean" I think to myself as I recognize the man I stabbed on the path in the woods. More tapping on my shoulders, I look to see that I am tied to the porch and that Orcish hands are ensuring I do not escape. I look to my right and see Degren and the Faun, alive and not hostile. What the fuck? I see the one named Volkihere, I see a couple of my targets and other miscellaneous people. Timmean asks questions such as "Who hired you?" "Where did you come from?" "Why are you here?" the usual. It seems complying doesn't prevent me from lying as he did not ask me to tell the truth after casting the spell, presumably, I would have to comply with him telling me to tell the truth. and so I lied where necessary. I came from "The North East", I told him. many things were unnecessary to lie about such as the fact that I don't know who my boss is or who hired me, I don't even know who the other assassins are! They now know the knights have a bounty on them, they know I didn't kill civilians, I told them I would not come back if I left, etc. I hear someone behind me ask "Why did you  bandage me?" A familiar voice, I turn to them and see the blacksmith. "You were not my target but I needed you out of the way." I smile, knowing someone acknowledged that fact. He smiled back and nodded, the interrogation continued. all throughout this interrogation, I was slowly loosening my ropes, the Orc who was there to prevent me from doing so was not doing a good job. She was making sure the ropes weren't too loose and she did push my hands back down when I was preparing to escape but it wasn't enough. Lady Luck visited again as more undead attacked the town. all except the Orc, Volkihere, Timmean and the blacksmith went over to fight. They were, however, distracted by the battle! I took that opportunity to escape! I slipped out of the ropes and sprinted into the field.

"KILL HIM!" I heard someone shout. I turned to see Volkihere was chasing me, I fled into the woods, unsure of my path, running into trees and narrowly avoiding rocks. Volkihere was catching up! I had to do something! I ran towards the field to loop back into the forest and go the other way but I heard talking in the field. I stopped for only a second. Volkihere was running down the path after me, two people were in the field beside me, I took the chance! I ran into the field past the two people and loops around a tree to come back into the woods but a tall, slender man in red armor with a wooden staff blocked my way into the woods, I stopped, Volkihere directly behind me. I hate knights. Darkness....

THE END!

Last edited by Herr Finsternis on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

There are only two ways an assassin's career can end. Empty Re: There are only two ways an assassin's career can end.

Post by Bikbun Ironbones Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:01 pm

❤️❤️❤️
Bikbun Ironbones
Bikbun Ironbones

Back to top Go down

There are only two ways an assassin's career can end. Empty Re: There are only two ways an assassin's career can end.

Post by Keket Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:33 pm

<3
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:17 am

You literally ran into my drawn sword, it pleased me so much haha. Just goes to show you're not the only one who can work with the shadows of night Cool
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:44 am

Pierre wrote:You literally ran into my drawn sword, it pleased me so much haha. Just goes to show you're not the only one who can work with the shadows of night Cool

Yeah! I was impressed! Haha
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Quintessence Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Poor assassin! He was only doing his job! Razz

Quintessence

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Serves you right!

But seriously 10/10 would read again
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum