Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Bajorvan

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looking for Bajorvan Empty Looking for Bajorvan

Post by Ardin Gallagher Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Ardin goes from the Watering Hole to the forge and retrieves one of the small carving knives from the toolrack, thinking that with Bikbun out of town the forge doesn't get used enough for anyone to notice before it's returned, but leaves behind a note just in case. Ardin then heads past the knights camp, stopping for a quick prayer to lord earth before leaving town. Trudging through the dense forests for a mile, following the familiar landmarks in the lamplight, Ardin sets his gaze on the Bajorvan camp. Not seeing the campfire going, Ardin howls out.

"Hanyooooooooooo Tala, Matai Vasa, Althea, Gryz, iste Ardin."

Not getting a response from the pack, Ardin assumes they're out finishing a hunt and proceeds to get the campfire going for when they return, pulling a log up to sit on as he starts whittling away at a small piece of wood, waiting for Tala or Matai Vasa to show.
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Looking for Bajorvan Empty Re: Looking for Bajorvan

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:04 pm

A white shape flits through the woods. It seems to disappear if you look at it too long. A voice soft as the wind howls nearby.

"Hanyooooooooooo"
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Ardin catches a glimpse of something in the woods, and hearing the howl, he responds.

"Hanyooooooooooo."
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Althea (Moon Moon) Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

-there would be also another howl also near by on the other side more playfully sounding the white fur hiding then moving if  you seen her-

"Hanyooooooooooo"
Althea (Moon Moon)
Althea (Moon Moon)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Suddenly a white fox appears behind Ardin. She leans on her staff and grins when he startles at her movement. She cackles and yips, enjoying her prank. Behind her a larger black Arluru materializes from the aether. He says nothing.

"Sholtula Ystani Ardin. What brings you to see Atta Bajorvan? Are the Balkir attacking Atta Holdfast? Or are you wanting some learning in the speaking of Varluru?" Tala grins as only a fox can.

Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Ardin startles and drops the wood he was carving along with the knife, his hand twitching towards his sword laying at his side. Upon noticing it's Tala, he relaxes and buries the wood in the earth while speaking.

"Sholtula, ystani Tala. Jun, jun sazi at atta Holdfast. Iste yska to panj." Ardin takes his time with the words as he remembers his lessons.

Standing up and bowing to Tala, Ardin notices the Arluru behind her and bows in respect to them as well, taking care not to stare. Turning his attention back to Tala, he speaks:

"I have some news, and a request to make of you. Would it be out of line to ask for some of your time right now? I can be brief if you're busy, but it would be nice to enjoy your company one final time."
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:10 pm

The fox cocks her head to the side in confusion. Behind her, the dark shape of Matai Vasa remains still, his eyes staring as much at Ardin as through him.

"Fi-nal? You leave Holdfast?" Her eyes darken. "Yes I may speak with you, Matai Vasa keep watch outside den, make talk private."

The fox leads Ardin to a hole dug in the ground a few feet away at the lee of an ancient white spruce growing atop a mound of earth. The hole is covered with multiple silver fox skins and the lintel adorned with the bleached antlers of deer. Tala motions for Ardin to enter, lifting the patchwork door with her staff.
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Ardin follows, curious as to why the sudden need for privacy. He enters, and waits for Tala to speak what's on her mind.
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Tala follows Ardin into the den. As Ardin enters he sees intricate patterns and scratchings on the walls in some form of paint, with drawings of wolves, foxes, and other canids mixed within. The sun and moon also feature in these pictures as do strange insect creatures he does not recognize. Ardin sees pictures hellions, night yetis, and other creatures on the walls as well.

Tala motions for Ardin to sit on the piled furs covering the floor near the back of the den. The place smells distinctly of spruce and pine, and overhead herbs and animal bones hang around a small opening for smoke to escape.

Tala sits.

"We talk here. We see many things near Atta Bajorvan. Many big things, like the Balkir, but different. Some have two legs, some have many. Not safe to speak in open." Tala takes some spruce needles from one of the branches overhead and places them in a clay pot. She mixes them with some honeycomb and berries before adding some water from a jug next to the seating area. She places the pot, suspended on blackened antlers, over a fire that leaps to life in the centre of the room.

"Now, you speak. Tell Caj Tala why Ystani Ardin leave his Atta, yes?"
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Ardin sits.

"I wouldn't so much say I'm leaving my atta. Holdfast is..." Ardin pauses to think. "...atta mah. The Great Woods I've told you about, my home, my true atta, is much further away.

You remember the talks we've had of the rift near town, the one that's causing all the Balkir. How we've been working with the Dragga and Drappa mirja to balance the energies of each elemental circle and protect this land from the Balkir. I got word today that my atta is being invaded by these creatures. They're pouring into our world everywhere..."

Ardin pauses and shudders as the image of his family being slaughtered by Hellions flashes before his eyes.

"I have arrangements with a ystani in atta Holdfast to travel back to atta Lavohka early tomorrow morning. I need to make sure my family is safe."
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Tala nods. "Sann. Other Varluru, speak same. Atta Nojalka, have vazun near Great Vessein. Can walk on vessein in myrkga, time of dark, when all world look like Hazdarah and feel cold. Last day, sikla from Atta Nojalka come to Atta Bajorvan. Tell Dragga Bajorvan that Balkir cross vessein like Nojalka. Go to Yordvoir across Great Vessein, place you call Con-fed-ra-see. Sikla say Varluru Yordvior see many Balkir. Atta Nojalka ask Atta Bajorvan tuhoka Balkir, many Balkir, tell other Atta of Annum velda Balkir, velda myrkmir."

Tala stops realizing she is using a lot more Arluru words than she should.

"I see them. The sikla Nojalka speak true. The Atta of the Yordvior, the Con-fed-ra-see, fight the Balkir and they not do well. New balkir, rimok, every day. Look like this --"

Tala points to a monstrous creature Ardin has never seen before. The thing is vaguely humanoid with tentacles for hands, and wings sprouting from its back. It wields a large serrated sword covered in eyes. It fights some sort of abomination that looks like something from the rift.

"These rimok, beast, are balkir but not balkir. They..." Tala struggles for the word. "synmyrkmirja. Like the synmirja but... beast of myrkmir, like the balkir."

"They fight balkir and other rimok but... they not...Ihmika or child of Byskal... just... child of myrkmir."

Tala looks worried. "Dragga Yord protect Ystani Ardin. Yordvior is not safe, and Atta Ardin may have more than balkir attack vazun."

Last edited by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Ardin closes his eyes in concentration as Tala speaks in Varluru, picking up on just enough to garner the information. Opening them to look at the monstrosity Tala points to on the wall, Ardin locks eyes with it, horrified and unable to avert his gaze. With every word Tala speaks of the dangers in the Great Woods his face becomes more pale and he starts to shiver, even with the warmth of the fire nearby.

It takes several moments for Ardin to turn back to Tala, who's looking quite worriedly at him. Seeing that she had poured up the tea in the interim, Ardin silently accepts and sips on, calming his nerves. Trying to get questions out but having them tumble over each other, Ardin finally manages to say,

"The... who... What is that monstrosity? Where have you seen it?"
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:20 am

Tala closes her eyes. "The Caj move in the dreams of the Varluru. I see this --" she points to the creature on the wall, "in dreams from Varluru in Yordvior, Fyrivior, and Lutvior. These synmyrkmirja, they in the dreams too, le-urk-ing in myrk. They move like the Caj, but fast and strong, they in the myrk of the Vazun of the Synmir. Synmir to this rimok, this beast, is like... like... mir to the Byskal. The synmir..." Tala makes a breathing motion, "it like that for them."

Tala's tail quivers slightly and she closes her eyes, pointing her nose to the west. "They come here too. They search. They search in the dreams of the Ihmika and the Byskalgr, the kits of the Byskal. Not sure why. Maybe hunt something."

She winces, opens her eyes, and takes off her bone mask. She rubs her forehead with her paw as if in pain. "Amorangr" she mutters under her breath.
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:45 am

"Synmyrkmirja? Do you mean they possess both synmir and myrkmir? Or is there some sort of dark synmir?"

Seeing Tala wince in pain, a worried look crosses Ardin.

"Tala, what's wrong? Do you feel the rimok?"
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:51 am

Tala whimpers slightly. "Yes, they search again." She downs an entire cup of tea and rubs her forehead with her paw.

"Like the hazmir and the myrkmir, the synmir can be... col-oord... haz and myrk but... most synmir is less...there, not as haz or myrk... more between. These rimok move in the myrk of the synmir, extreme, but I do not know if they are true myrkmirja or true beasts of the myrkmir. Does that make sense?"
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:13 am

Ardin nods. "That's an interesting way of looking at it."

Seeing her empty teacup, Ardin prepares another cup of tea for Tala while she's focused on the pain.

After making sure she's alright, Ardin excuses himself, stepping out for just a couple seconds and returning with something clutched in his hand. Taking his seat again, Ardin lays what he was whittling on the furs in front of him; a wooden crest of a shield with a wolves' head carved into the center. Ardin stares at it while he talks, almost lost in wonder at it.

"Back in atta Lavohka, we have a tradition. When one becomes part of the atta, we have a... ryzanvir. We give to them the blessing of the atta and the Brothers, the Tvingr I think they would be called, in return for their service to the atta. I had hoped to make it a larger ryzanvir for you and your atta, but I do not know if I will be here again come tomorrow. My family is in danger, more than I could ever imagine, and I need to be there to protect them. I'm hoping some day soon I'll return, but that remains to be seen. For now though, let us see if we can't do something about the rimok, sik?"

Ardin closes his eyes and removes his necklace, wrapping it around both his hands as he places them over the talisman. He bows his head and begins chanting in a language Tala doesn't recognize, softly at first, growing louder near the end, and finishing with a final whispered prayer. At this point Ardin opens his eyes and picks up the talisman.

"Normally these ryzanvir are performed with synmir..." Ardin snaps the talisman in two, "infusing the talisman with the mir of the mind to allow the rakta to begin their spiritual journey." he then proceeds to pull out his spellbook and an earth mana. "You, however, need no guidance for your spirit. You are well and truly down that path already. Convenient, considering I don't know the ways of the synmir ryzanvir" A faint, sly smile crosses Ardin's face as he leafs through his spellbook. "No, today we are here to honour Drayna Caj Tala of the Bajorvan pack, to give them the blessing of the Great Mother and Father, of the brothers Achievement and Potential, and all of Lavohka and the Great Woods. May they continue their journey forevermore with the strength of your divine grace by their side. Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir. The Earth will mend your talisman."

Ardin transfers the magical energies from his spellbook to the talisman as the seam of the break disappears. Pulling out a length of cord and fashioning it to form a necklace of the talisman, Ardin bows his head in respect and offers the talisman to Tala.

"This night under the ever watching eye of Brother Potential, I pray to you Brothers, grant your blessing to ease the burden of these monsters invading Tala's mind."
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Tala picks up the talisman between her claws. She examines it critically and for a moment her eyes briefly become a bright shade of purple. Suddenly, as Ardin watches, the wood of the talisman turns the colour of pale bone and becomes infused with a kind of inner light. Tala stands up and hangs the talisman from the ceiling of the den, its light shining softly like a star in the gloom.

Tala returns to her seat across from Ardin and smiles.

"Joiyapu Ystani Ardin. Tietka Yste petyu Atta Bajorvan jo pu sann. We meet many time ago. Even then, could smell you different. You human with Ca of Varluru. You see what we see. You know."
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Althea (Moon Moon) Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Althea would poke her head inside of the tent with a wolfy grin shed braked abit load as shed was quite happy

"Mahi sholtula you to home! pack safe nothing around!"

Althea (Moon Moon)
Althea (Moon Moon)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:42 am

Matai Vasa pokes his head in and gives Tala a look that says "Sorry, I couldn't stop her" and Tala rolls her eyes in amusement in response.

"Yska Mahihi. It time you see this too." Tala points to the abomination and the figure with the frightening sword. "Ystani Ardin returns to Yordvior, to his Atta. You remember the Sikla from Atta Nojalka, the one who spoke of the Rimok. This what Nojalka saw. Ystani Ardin may see Rimok like this on way back to Atta Lah-voe-ka."

"Caj see what Nojalka see. Rimok coming to Myrkvior, to Atta Bajorvan and Atta Holdfast. Atta Bajorvan must watch for Rimok, includes you Mahihi."
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Althea (Moon Moon) Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:56 pm

shed whined abit and tipped her head looking to were she was told to look

"most play safer then and travle also then yes? we all most?"

as shed said this shed looked at Tala and Ardin
Althea (Moon Moon)
Althea (Moon Moon)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 pm

"Sik, Mahi. You must be very careful, the woods are dangerous, even with your atta." Ardin turns his attention to Tala.

"Tala, you are a gifted psychic, that I know, but how far does your power extend? Our shamasal back in atta Lavohka can see into the minds of those they touch, get glimpses of the memories of those individuals. I ask, could you do the reverse for me? Do you have the power to make me see what you seen with that... abomination, so I may bring with me more than a simple description of a drawing?"
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:55 pm

“Sik, Ystani Ardin. Yes I can show you.” Tala rises and walks over to some shelves at the far side of the den. She rummages among the jars and finally settles on a small purple container. She sits by the fire and removes the pot of honeyed tea, replacing it with another. She pours some meltwater into the pot. Once it begins to boil, Tala takes a small pinch of the contents of the jar and drops it into the water. It instantly turns bright purple. She chants something over the purple liquid in a dialect of Arluru Ardin cannot understand. It begins to glow and then turns a darker shade as she pours it into a small cup. She puts the pot down and the holds Ardin’s hand.

Ardin fees psychic energy fill him with power. *Impart State Psychic*

She then hands Ardin the tea, which now glows in Ardin’s mind with psychic power.

“Drink Ystani Ardin, drink and see.”
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Ardin takes the tea, looking at the immense psychic energies flowing off Tala and the tea, taking a moment to enjoy the feeling of psychic. Swearing he could hear whispers of people not here, Ardin brings the tea to his lips and drinks.
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Instantly Ardin is hit by a wave of psychic energy. The world around him pulses with life, Mahihi glows bright with the light of youth while Tala burns bright with the energies of the Astral Plane. Ardin perceived every insect crawling outside and the essence of Matai Vasa as a pure white light of essence magic. On Tala’s mask Ardin can see intricate designs that cannot be seen by those who are unattended to the Astral Plane. The designs appear to swirl and writhe in his vision, dancing in the light of the fire. Looking at Tala’s wall of drawings Ardin can see many symbols and images that cannot be perceived by weaker psychics, these symbols also twist and writhe on the wall and pulsate with energy.

Tala moves her paw and holds it before Ardin’s face. It pulsates with psychic energy and then burns as bright as a star.

Ardin blacks out.

*Impart State Send Dream*

Ardin’s body floats in a strange world of purple energy. Stars of light pierce the darkness and around them are the forms of humans, Fae, and other creatures. He is inside a nebula of stars.
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan
Drayna Caj Tala Bajorvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Ardin looks around in a mix of awe and wonder. He looks around to try and find Tala or anything familiar.
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum