Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use)

+18
Cosidious
Tor'vakkian_Enyamia
Malva
A Knife!
Keket
Pierre
Prof. P. P. Pendergast
Zar/Herr
Gurok
Micheal Grayflow
Lady Val
Asher Fairchild
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Ivy
Verbena Domitia
Torvallis!
Sylvie
Degren Brightforge
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use) - Page 3 Empty Re: Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use)

Post by Tor'vakkian_Enyamia Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:57 pm

*shakes her head, not surprised at being misunderstood, as always. Calmly, unblinking looks at her accuser* Good Ardin, I said nothing about our town being ineffective or worthless. In fact, I said quite the opposite. In fact my very point was how proud we should be as a town, and not tearing it apart. Actually, you just reiterated the reasons that "I" said we should be proud. Yet You put words and intent in my mouth that were never there. My remarks were not directed at the general hardworking un-acknowledged people of this town. But the ones HERE in THIS meeting who spouted nothing but negativity and condescension and openly stating there wasn't anyone worth bothering for. It is easy to sit back and complain and judge. But if EVERYONE took that route nothing would ever get done. At least there are individuals here willing to at least TRY. You pick out the words that you want in what I said and ignore the rest. Apparently the monsters that attack us physically are not the only danger to this town.

*looks to Cosidious* You see why I never get involved in politics? *nods to Lady Val* I have every confidence in your leadership...no council is perfect. But it IS needed. This world is more than just war. It requires logic and planning as well as just dedicated fighters. Someone has to take responsibility for making the decisions that are required but noone else wants to make. For that I applaud you. Good luck.

With infighting like this, who needs apocalypse or rift monsters to destroy a town? One can just sit back and watch and wait. Such a convenient way to further ones agenda.

Come Cosidious. We have offered our thoughts, as un-valued apparently as they are. We have put forth our vote and support. We need waste no more time with it, when we have other duties to tend to.

*bows respectfully to Lady Val then lays a hand on her mates arm as they exit*

Tor'vakkian_Enyamia

Back to top Go down

Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use) - Page 3 Empty Re: Council Elections (year 2638 or 427 depending on which Calendar you want to use)

Post by Lady Val Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Lady Val looks somewhat perturbed by Ardin's outburst.

"If I may Sir Gallagher, I would like to point out that the 'one force' that defended Holdfast would not have succeeded without the organization of those who often use words and analyze the actions of their enemies. Sometimes words are just as necessary as actions, perhaps even more so. But your opinion is your own Sir Ardin and I do not seek to change it."

She turns to address the room at large "If any you feel that the current council system is not functioning as it should be or that we would be better off without it you are welcome to vote to have the council disbanded entirely. Otherwise you can decide to have a council of one, three, or a collective of people if that is what you wish."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:19 pm

(OOG: We now have an online voting system, please use this link to vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DHCNNDZ)
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 pm

(OOG: If you have voted already please vote again using the online system)
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpha Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:25 pm

*Morpha enters the inn, looking somewhat fatigued and confused*

*They look around*

"Why is everyone in the inn?"

*OOG: I changed my mind, this is too good not to get involved with*
Morpha
Morpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:10 pm

Lady Val notices Morpha's entry, and responds kindly:

"We are currently having a political debate regarding the governance of Holdfast. We are holding elections for the council positions and the position of Sheriff."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpha Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:59 pm

*Morpha looks at Val oddly for a moment at the mention of elections*

*A look understanding flashes over their face*

"Ohhh, right, elections! I've read about these! Who's running?"

Morpha
Morpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Verbena Domitia Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 pm

“I'm frankly disappointed by many of the dismissive attitudes here, but Degren, yours has been particularly striking to me. The collective ambition of Holdfast has accomplished great things in the past; I could point to the continued existence of this reality, as others have done. That collective effort could once again be rallied to raise this settlement even further beyond the backwater hamlet you think it to be.

Furthermore, you speak of the Order as though it is an entirely separate entity from Holdfast and therefore the politics are largely irrelevant to you. Take the Order in whichever direction you like, but understand that while it is on Holdfast's territory, the laws decided on by the council and sheriff will apply. And if you plan to continue sucking freely from the general weal, I should well hope that you plan on continuing contribute to it freely as well.”

Verbena Domitia

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:03 am

Degren bristles, "It seems you've failed to listen to the words I spoke at all, Verbena. I'll remind you that I served the council loyally since before you arrived on our cursed shores. I remember the tide of destruction-- I was there on the frontline, sword in hand. And I've fought and bled for the people of this place more times than you can possibly know. Don't you dare to presume to lecture to me about things that you don't understand. Let's make this crystal clear: I am painfully aware of our accomplishments, and the strength of our collective efforts, as I've lead a few of them. I've also seen our blunders.

As for this "Holdfast" Territory, I can say, with complete legal standing, that there is no such thing. You speak of a fiction. Our land is beholden to no country, king, or state. No one owns it, no one taxes it. I've looked into it extensively. We make our own laws," he gesture to the room, " We elect our own council members, precisely because we belong to no law. I think we feel that, without someone to tell us what to do, or what not to do, we'll tear each other apart along with everyone who visits us. As I've said, we're not a town. We're not a village. We are, at best, a rest stop on a road that either never existed or has fallen out of use.  And as for suckling from the "general weal" as you so eloquently put it, I don't. Me and those in my camp hunt our own food, boil our own water, and shit in our own hole. I've paid Hassan a hefty amount for the drink or apple I occasionally steal away, but rest assured-- he gets his pay."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3