Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Resolve

Go down

A New Resolve Empty A New Resolve

Post by Prof. P. P. Pendergast Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:20 am

[Timestamp: 30 minutes after Pendergast leaves for Applevale]

Professor Pendergast wanders back in from the north path of Holdfast, utterly tired. Once again, he made the mistake of choosing to take action without thinking it through, and with an army bearing down on the entire town. Wearily, he sits at the forge near the Fire Circle and buries his face in his hands.

"What am I doing?" he asks himself. "What am I thinking?! They're right... I'm a bloody idiot. An absolute bloody idiot."

He remembers Mar, and most of all Degren... The words still stinging in his ears as he looks toward the Fire Circle with anger in his eyes, seething like the very flame it embodies. And he remembers what he was asked... About his willingness to lead an army.

Now he has his answer. No more foolishness. No more hesitation. No more reckless decisions. He will lead. He will command... Even if it kills him.

"No more..." He silently vows, his voice darker and more resolute. Then he starts walking toward the inn.

Prof. P. P. Pendergast

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum