Character Relations (your opinion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Herr Finsternis on Mon May 23, 2016 6:12 pm

I, Gerald/Herr, have been thinking about my relations with other characters. I realized that i don't want to play the game in such a way that will entice Volk to come after me because i'll lose my character quickly. I thought that perhaps i should be nice and get along with all the characters, etc. But i remembered that people told me they enjoyed the way i was. His weirdness, his racism, his uncomfortableness around non humans, his flirtyness/cockiness towards some players, how he's mildly manipulative and i realized that's what made me character colorful. So, iwant to know everyone's opinion on something.

Should my character continue being slightly disgusted/uncomfortable with other races?

Should he be as distant as he is or be more a part of the group? (You'll often notice that he isn't around or is alone in the field)

Should he continue to mock people who have an "ailment" such as hallucinations or gibberish talk?

Should he be more cheerful? Less? Neither?

Should he be more selfish? Less? (There was a point in game where i was quite selfish and one where i was selfless, i could be either)

I know, i know, play him how i want him, don't let people choose for me! I will, I simply want others to enjoy him as much as i do and i don't want him to become dull!
avatar
Herr Finsternis

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Vinnhein (east across the ocean)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Hugo on Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 pm

I like your character the way he is, as almost everything he's doing is bringing something new and interesting to the proverbial table. If you wanted to change him I'd rather it occur naturally through IG interaction and RP rather than coming to the next game a changed person.

Or just do whatever you find fun. The mute with the big stick isn't going to stop you.
avatar
Hugo

Posts : 511
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 24
Location : Over the hills and far away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Torvallis! on Mon May 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Just gotta say, I piss everyone off as Torvallis! except Lady Val, and I get away with it.

If you're another hand to protect the town, it's going to have to get *really* bad before anyone thinks of attacking you.

Torvallis!

Posts : 486
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by ValerieTheHuntress on Tue May 24, 2016 6:21 am

pretty sure everyone in the town hates my character, and merely tolerates me because I make myself useful (as a scout, distracting enemies, coordinating attacks, trading goods,etc.)

Valerie The Huntress is the master of ultimate planking. I was at the fire pit for 4 hours before anyone in the cast and or other players found me! Smile

my character is also very stealthy at night. wearing only black and white has its perks: the moonlight blends the white of my clothing, and the night the black of my clothing.

avatar
ValerieTheHuntress

Posts : 77
Join date : 2016-02-15
Age : 29
Location : Paradise

View user profile https://jordanlesterfortopsail.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Tue May 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Why am I the larp boogie Smile
Don't get me wrong I'm flattered, but why do you think I'm going to kill you?

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Lady Val on Tue May 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Let Herr be himself and grow organically through IG and RP interactions, you will be more satisfied with the outcome.

And trust me the sheriff is the least of your worries.
avatar
Lady Val

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Herr Finsternis on Tue May 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Volkihere Malacalo wrote:Why am I the larp boogie Smile
Don't get me wrong I'm flattered, but why do you think I'm going to kill you?

Because you're better at fighting and your character just seems... Like me around most people and i know what i would do lol: Able to fight better than others? Basically have control of the laws and the power to almost do as i please? Yeah, that spells death. My character, however, is not the same as me. Although frankly, i would allow theft haha!

Lady Val wrote:Let Herr be himself and grow organically through IG and RP interactions, you will be more satisfied with the outcome.

And trust me the sheriff is the least of your worries.

Yeah, probably but i noticed that Herr almost dropped his racism by the end of game which, as Hugo implied, is one thing that made him interesting. I didn't want to lose that trait but i didn't want to force something upon him.
avatar
Herr Finsternis

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Vinnhein (east across the ocean)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Degren Brightforge on Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Character evolution is a major part of the game:P Losing your Racism over time could be a part of your character development Razz
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Torvallis! on Wed May 25, 2016 9:22 pm

If you don't already have a disadvantage, you might want to pick up an intolerence since you're playing a racist anyways

Torvallis!

Posts : 486
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by ValerieTheHuntress on Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Herr wrote:I, Gerald/Herr, have been thinking about my relations with other characters. I realized that i don't want to play the game in such a way that will entice Volk to come after me because i'll lose my character quickly. I thought that perhaps i should be nice and get along with all the characters, etc. But i remembered that people told me they enjoyed the way i was. His weirdness, his racism, his uncomfortableness around non humans, his flirtyness/cockiness towards some players, how he's mildly manipulative and i realized that's what made me character colorful. So, iwant to know everyone's opinion on something.

Should my character continue being slightly disgusted/uncomfortable with other races?

Should he be as distant as he is or be more a part of the group? (You'll often notice that he isn't around or is alone in the field)

Should he continue to mock people who have an "ailment" such as hallucinations or gibberish talk?

Should he be more cheerful? Less? Neither?

Should he be more selfish? Less? (There was a point in game where i was quite selfish and one where i was selfless, i could be either)

I know, i know, play him how i want him, don't let people choose for me! I will, I simply want others to enjoy him as much as i do and i don't want him to become dull!

This is something I have had to reflect on too (I just sent my revised character sheet AND revised backstory, based on the suggestions of AD [artistic director] Sharon Norton.

There were elements of my backstory that I wrote that I completely forgot to work into my interactions in my first game.

Maybe time to work those elements in in mid June's 2016 game.
avatar
ValerieTheHuntress

Posts : 77
Join date : 2016-02-15
Age : 29
Location : Paradise

View user profile https://jordanlesterfortopsail.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by ValerieTheHuntress on Thu May 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Well one character already told my character to not interfere with their established trade. Not sure anyone in the town liked my character, so much as tolerates my character. The huntress is rough around the edges and a lone wolf. This is the first time she's lived with other people for any long amount of time
avatar
ValerieTheHuntress

Posts : 77
Join date : 2016-02-15
Age : 29
Location : Paradise

View user profile https://jordanlesterfortopsail.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Ravira on Sat May 28, 2016 9:43 am

I think intolerance for different races would be a good idea Gerald and if you think your character should find a way to coexist at some point down the road then buy it back and let tolerance come naturally. Of course it's all up to you but I have to say I love the way you played Herr! It was a laugh.
avatar
Ravira

Posts : 59
Join date : 2015-07-17
Age : 36
Location : Newfoundland, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum