Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Relations (your opinion)

+4
ValerieTheHuntress
Torvallis!
Ivy
Zar/Herr
8 posters

Go down

Character Relations (your opinion) Empty Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Zar/Herr Mon May 23, 2016 6:12 pm

I, Gerald/Herr, have been thinking about my relations with other characters. I realized that i don't want to play the game in such a way that will entice Volk to come after me because i'll lose my character quickly. I thought that perhaps i should be nice and get along with all the characters, etc. But i remembered that people told me they enjoyed the way i was. His weirdness, his racism, his uncomfortableness around non humans, his flirtyness/cockiness towards some players, how he's mildly manipulative and i realized that's what made me character colorful. So, iwant to know everyone's opinion on something.

Should my character continue being slightly disgusted/uncomfortable with other races?

Should he be as distant as he is or be more a part of the group? (You'll often notice that he isn't around or is alone in the field)

Should he continue to mock people who have an "ailment" such as hallucinations or gibberish talk?

Should he be more cheerful? Less? Neither?

Should he be more selfish? Less? (There was a point in game where i was quite selfish and one where i was selfless, i could be either)

I know, i know, play him how i want him, don't let people choose for me! I will, I simply want others to enjoy him as much as i do and i don't want him to become dull!
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Character Relations (your opinion) Empty Re: Character Relations (your opinion)

Post by Ivy Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 pm

I like your character the way he is, as almost everything he's doing is bringing something new and interesting to the proverbial table. If you wanted to change him I'd rather it occur naturally through IG interaction and RP rather than coming to the next game a changed person.

Or just do whatever you find fun. The mute with the big stick isn't going to stop you.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ValerieTheHuntress Tue May 24, 2016 6:21 am

pretty sure everyone in the town hates my character, and merely tolerates me because I make myself useful (as a scout, distracting enemies, coordinating attacks, trading goods,etc.)

Valerie The Huntress is the master of ultimate planking. I was at the fire pit for 4 hours before anyone in the cast and or other players found me! Smile

my character is also very stealthy at night. wearing only black and white has its perks: the moonlight blends the white of my clothing, and the night the black of my clothing.

ValerieTheHuntress
ValerieTheHuntress

https://jordanlesterfortopsail.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Tue May 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Why am I the larp boogie Smile
Don't get me wrong I'm flattered, but why do you think I'm going to kill you?

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Tue May 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Let Herr be himself and grow organically through IG and RP interactions, you will be more satisfied with the outcome.

And trust me the sheriff is the least of your worries.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Tue May 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Volkihere Malacalo wrote:Why am I the larp boogie Smile
Don't get me wrong I'm flattered, but why do you think I'm going to kill you?

Because you're better at fighting and your character just seems... Like me around most people and i know what i would do lol: Able to fight better than others? Basically have control of the laws and the power to almost do as i please? Yeah, that spells death. My character, however, is not the same as me. Although frankly, i would allow theft haha!

Lady Val wrote:Let Herr be himself and grow organically through IG and RP interactions, you will be more satisfied with the outcome.

And trust me the sheriff is the least of your worries.

Yeah, probably but i noticed that Herr almost dropped his racism by the end of game which, as Hugo implied, is one thing that made him interesting. I didn't want to lose that trait but i didn't want to force something upon him.
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Character evolution is a major part of the game:P Losing your Racism over time could be a part of your character development Razz
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ValerieTheHuntress Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Herr wrote:I, Gerald/Herr, have been thinking about my relations with other characters. I realized that i don't want to play the game in such a way that will entice Volk to come after me because i'll lose my character quickly. I thought that perhaps i should be nice and get along with all the characters, etc. But i remembered that people told me they enjoyed the way i was. His weirdness, his racism, his uncomfortableness around non humans, his flirtyness/cockiness towards some players, how he's mildly manipulative and i realized that's what made me character colorful. So, iwant to know everyone's opinion on something.

Should my character continue being slightly disgusted/uncomfortable with other races?

Should he be as distant as he is or be more a part of the group? (You'll often notice that he isn't around or is alone in the field)

Should he continue to mock people who have an "ailment" such as hallucinations or gibberish talk?

Should he be more cheerful? Less? Neither?

Should he be more selfish? Less? (There was a point in game where i was quite selfish and one where i was selfless, i could be either)

I know, i know, play him how i want him, don't let people choose for me! I will, I simply want others to enjoy him as much as i do and i don't want him to become dull!

This is something I have had to reflect on too (I just sent my revised character sheet AND revised backstory, based on the suggestions of AD [artistic director] Sharon Norton.

There were elements of my backstory that I wrote that I completely forgot to work into my interactions in my first game.

Maybe time to work those elements in in mid June's 2016 game.
ValerieTheHuntress
ValerieTheHuntress

Back to top Go down

Post by ValerieTheHuntress Thu May 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Well one character already told my character to not interfere with their established trade. Not sure anyone in the town liked my character, so much as tolerates my character. The huntress is rough around the edges and a lone wolf. This is the first time she's lived with other people for any long amount of time
ValerieTheHuntress
ValerieTheHuntress

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravira Sat May 28, 2016 9:43 am

I think intolerance for different races would be a good idea Gerald and if you think your character should find a way to coexist at some point down the road then buy it back and let tolerance come naturally. Of course it's all up to you but I have to say I love the way you played Herr! It was a laugh.
Ravira
Ravira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down