Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Event, 2016

+10
Torvallis!
AD
Degren Brightforge
Malva
Pierre
Lady Val
Keket
Asher Fairchild
Volkihere Malacalo
Timmean
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

June Event, 2016 Empty June Event, 2016

Post by Timmean Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:27 pm

SO MUCH I want to write about, but I'm trying to make this quick, so just a few highlight memories. I'll get to details later:

- Exploding Jenga
- Casting for a while was quite a lot of fun
- "Morovitch! -vitch, -vitch, -VEEE-TCH."
- OHYESFINALLYIGOTTOMEETLYNNASHERSELFINGAMEANDITWASAWESOME!!!!!

(For those of you who can't tell, I really loved hanging out with Lynn in-game Smile Backstory!!!)

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

June Event, 2016 Empty Re: June Event, 2016

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:47 pm

1. Carrying my sword, armor, and a elf that was hanging off my back into battle.
2. Borin telling the entire town that Phinneas should be paying actual money, and then watching them argue about it.
3. The Execution of Herr (dispite it not being a happy moment it is the first ever PVP death in the game.)
4. Finally getting the council up and running, (for no other reason then sharpening the blame when I have to do something that isn't very nice.)
5. Having two new earth mages, that Volk is always willing to train, and exited to.
6. The knights getting established.
7. Every Conversation with Morovitch.
8. Learning what the hellions are finally.
9. Oh the thieves stealing the cups of water repellent and us taking the swords from one of them.
10. The night fight, I haven't played recovery in a long time.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:54 pm

*during the interrogation of Tam*
Volk: what were their names?
Me: Tim, Tom, and Tam.
Volk: do you recognize any of these names?
Tam: Yes! Tam is my name!

Shooting the creepers :3

Laying in the cold, wet grass with everyone after being hit with pollen. I thought I'd be mad about it but it wasn't actually that bad!

The execution obviously! (Love ya Gerald!)

Getting attacked by Herr and being saved by Auron

Getting attacked by sheep and being saved by Auron

AURON JUST SAVES ME SO MUCH OK HES AN ANGEL.

All the awesome stuff that happened to Auron and I during the void Mage battle. We left the Earth Circle together and started making our way back to the field when we saw Robs sheep. We stood completely still (because we didn't know what else to do!) and discovered it couldn't see us if we didn't move. We went back into battle using this information and dealt a good bit of damage to him!

Then Spice attached my hand to a puppet and I had to do whatever the puppet did. Auron saved me (surprise surprise) by KNOCKING THE FUCKING PUPPET OUT OF HER HAND. It was nuts!!! Auron is a certified BAD ASS. Then Sugar knocked us unconscious and Degren, knowing about two elf potions in Aurons pouch, healed us for all of our points. Seriously fun battle, my blood was pumping!

Also sneaking back and forth across the field with Auron to bring Degren his bag. Asher+Auron=bfflomgliketotallyforlyfe

Also sugar and spice were generally just hilarious and evil. Great NPCs. "Omg one of them is using bows and arrows!! Thats SO CUTE!"

Coming into town as Sparrow and making all the friends

Running and hugging Gondolf after he came into town

Listening to all of his crazy ramblings because he's hilarious

*a chicken is eating the bread in Floras bag*
Gondolf: hold on everyone I've got this!
*hits it with spell book*
Gondolf: ONE BOOK!
*chicken instantly kills him*

Bawling my eyes out after Sparrow received a letter from Gondolf that he's gone on one last final journey (seriously, tears were streaming down my face)

The mighty Poth! Everything about him, but especially when he shook his butt while dancing XD

Sunday morning yoga!! Thank you to everyone who humored me and participated, it was so fun! Especially watching Morovitch! I think the best pose to describe him was "toppling tree" Smile

*in crescent moon pose*
Volk: ...why are you pointing at the sun?

So many freaking more I'll probably post again later :p. Had. A great weekend with everyone, and thanks again to Sharon and the cast for pulling off another awesome game! Can't wait for next one!
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:21 pm

first event every loved it every thing so was great! i dont know were to start!
coming into town scared with things blowing up and pollen falling every were!
got wet didnt mind and was some what cold (more of the feet)

seeing and elf(forgets ingame name yay!) on volk while in battle as hes fighting with her still on him

gondolf hitting a chicken for one book to just tick the chicken off to get hit with 20 mauling! right after getting one arms fixed! jsut to get fully fully rehurt again!

the battle of the sheep and the food name grils! and hiding Smile so much fun

and helping a karken laughing for over an hour none stop now that was funny(<3)

and helping knight the knights (i dont know if i worded that right!)

in all i want next game already!
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:34 am

As Flora:
--Being the most cynical faun ever
--Giving Volk a nosejob
--Trying to teach people Medic and then being unable to because the patient was non-compliant. Seriously Gondolf, did you have to die? It was so inconvenient!

As Val:
-- Finally meeting Keket and Amalthia in game
-- Becoming General Valiant and successfully commanding the militia <3
-- Establishing the council
-- Learning more about The Breech (and laughing OOG at all of the Pacific Rim and Cthulhu references)
-- So many Elves! Quinn, Alluring, Amalthia, Keket! Val was so happy!
-- Teasing Ravira about Max and walking in on her and the Faun "searching for his club"
-- Amalthia glomping Volk and him dragging her into battle
--Being able to finally blend!
--Arranging some scroll making teaching with Phineas
--Knighting everyone in the Order of Iron

As Ira:

-- Morning Yoga with Asher
-- Meeting Morovitch and laughing at his terrible Yoga skills
-- Waking up Bikbun :3 (Love you Jake!)
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:38 pm

There was SOOO MUCH AWESOME this weekend; I'm going to try to remember it all, but I'm sure I'll miss something. Or more likely, lots of things Razz

Friday night:
-Started the game meditating in the inn, only to be summoned by Lord Water. Using the water repel spell as a kind of Iron Man hand jet-thing isn't exactly within the normal rules for the spell, but it was fun imagining it.
-Actually meeting with Lord Water was also great; getting the new magic amulet, and...
-TIMMEAN GOT HIS LEGS BACK! Oh sweet walking, how I missed you so!
-LYNN! Brought into game by Boris and Anastasia, no less. The night that ensued was hectic and it was so hard to figure out what I should be doing. Trying to deal with an injured Lynn, with all the RP-emotional turmoil was complicated to say the least, especially when you add in the guilt-trips Razz But regardless, it was amazing, especially when you can get so into an RP. I've got to give Sharon a special thanks for making that so complete; "Now you get to see the bone saw, old man..."
-Continuing on from the above, once things had settled down, Lynn and Timmean actually got to have a real conversation; awkward though it might've been. And it was great when Christian walked in OOG, just glanced at the two of us, and cracked up laughing over us "just sitting there, brooding next to each other."
-Lynn and Timmean coming up with alternative sleeping arrangements instead of staying in the bunkhouse. (EDIT: Not THAT kind of alternative; get your mind out of the gutter!)

Saturday:
-Doing OOG kitchen work; it's absolutely magical how much Torvallis can do on his own!
-Hanging out with Lynn some more Smile In particular, I remember the moment when I noticed Lynn staring at the food, but she wasn't eating because she didn't have any money. When I told her to go ahead, because I'd cover the cost... well, let's just say there was no hesitation.
-Rushing outside because I heard someone washed up on the beach, only to find another medic had already started treating the newcomer.
-Following that, trying to get back to the inn (and Lynn) without getting hit by either the turtle or frog. On one hand, my staff was burned Neutral On the other hand, I got to see the moment when Amalthia tackle-hugged Volk Razz And a few minutes later, when he had fallen and just couldn't move because she had him in such a tight hug-grip.
-Casting as the turtle, then one of the people looking for magic items, then as Narialo. Never before have I been with my back to a wall (or gate, in this case), with the entire town holding me at sword/maul/magic-point. I have it say, it was pretty intimidating. Then chasing after Shaunessty (sp?) while Shelly stayed behind...

...and that concludes part 1 Very Happy I'll post some more tomorrow.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:48 pm

-Out running some very fast floating axes
-Formation fighting (which none of the teams that I was on lost Very Happy)
-Sparring coming to a sudden stop and everyone leaving me (apparently only me and Datura does not have awareness?)
-Being knighted
-Hitting Asher's soaring arrow out of the air with my staff
-Showing off some dance moves whilst cutting people free
-Sugar and Spice were terrifying yet hilarious, plus fighting in the moonlight like that was pretty epic
Can't wait until next time!
Pierre
Pierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:16 pm

-Sharon making Ravira giggle for an hour straight
-Magic lamp with clickbait enchantment description
-Standing in the field immaterial for a half hour
-Almost dying by the outhouse
-Ratty McRatterson was found!
-Being incredibly lucky with the eggs
-Dog opera
-The entire town is doing combat practice and 3 unlucky NPCs walk in; that encounter could have gone a lot worse for them Razz
-Being incredibly distressed about everyone walking in the lava
-Rob can't seem to play a bandit without getting tied up and left in the inn
-Seeing Rob and Eric as popcorn in the woods, being a bit weary but continuing to chat with other players. All of the sudden the two of them start giggling hysterically before a rat riding a spider hops out of the bushes and chasing us into the field
-Lady Val grew my horn back Very Happy
-Sudden realization that the lady accompanying Horns was in fact not Lessa, but rather wanted to eat me (or something)
-Later, talking to Horns; "What happened to you after?" "Oh, she just killed me"
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:38 am

Pierre wrote:
-Hitting Asher's soaring arrow out of the air with my staff

That was so rad!
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:51 am

The cups. oh man. The cups. Magical USELESS cups.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Oh yeah! I forgot about Lynn & Ravira's conversation. Perhaps Timmean was trying to forget Razz Also, people hallucinating about being cacti, and whatever it was that made Volk sing.

On to part 2!
-Making up Morovitch's character as things went along. On the Island of the Dead, it seems that healing random people and then asking for food is a perfectly reasonable lifestyle! Also, I'd eaten a pretty solid meal before Torvallis! noticed me and (very politely) asked for payment
-Relentlessly insisting that nothing was going to happen at night and everyone should go to bed. "Really, it's summer, the night's only last like, 25 minutes"
-Being so freaked out when monsters really did attack. Sugar particularly scared Morovitch while he was trying to do some field-medic stuff
-My Water Repel spell actually worked on the monsters! Didn't try it on Sugar or Spice though. Also, when one of the sheep monsters got hit by a Water Repel from both sides

Sunday:
-Telling just about everyone that they're insane for living somewhere with such dangerous nights. Also, referring to people as "Not-dead person" if Morovitch wasn't certain of their name.
-In-game yoga! It would've been fun anyway (or at least relaxing), but doing it as Morovitch was sooo much better. Being able to act somewhat crazy was a blast
-Returning to town after Lynn's meditation. Which, btw, is the most badass meditation technique I've ever heard of.
-Having a long conversation with Lynn about "not being stupid," then trying to pet a turtle with my staff to avoid conflict, only to be immediately KO'd
-Another long conversation at the edge of the lake, covering resurrection techniques, life back home, and so on. I love me that RP!
-Genuinely missing Lynn when she left town at the end of event. Then walking back toward the inn, all sombre, and seeing nearly everyone out front fighting off a sheep. It was even better hitting it with a sleep command spell and then just walking on. Felt like a badass way to end the game Razz

And that's it for my "summary". So much happened, so much fun, so much RP...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:43 pm

Ok, my turn!

Mostly, Thank you to everyone who went to my cast and let me have fun as Lynn. A couple of different people mentioned that they specifically avoided me for OOG calls when I was Lynn and I'm assuming that there were others as well. So Thank You!!!! I had so much fun!

As Lynn:
Dragged into game, literally being thrown around, all with an IG injured shoulder. Trying to run away from Timmean, only to actually fall down the stairs and lose my lead. Being so beat up that remaining upright wasn't always happening.

The chaos of that intro. AH! Play it again!

Getting hugged by Timmean as my shoulder was still very much an open wound of painfulness. WTF, Old Man?

Getting surgery done on me. I've like never, ever, had surgery done on me, it's always the other way around. It was cool.

Also begging if I could just heal myself because I couldn't take much more of the bone shards being pulled out.

Moving the table out of physical anguish, with my knee, to the point the Timmean changed seats.

Bursting in and out of emotional turmoil the whole evening. I just wanted to yell at Timmean the whole evening but somehow, calm keeps calm.

Trying and failing to stop the torture that went on

Being the only one to spot the thief as he came into the inn and just grabbed stuff and left. Went to go follow him and got a door slammed on my injured shoulder.

Insisting that I don't sleep in the Inn or the Bunkhouse because of all the crazies residing there. Which then had Timmean have a very cold night that night.

Duck Sex!!!

Hitting Timmean with some heavy news, over and over again.

Hanging with Timmean on Saturday and felt pretty good, was pretty happy, only for him to go check something else out and then I watched the fire, got drunk and sad, read some depressing letters and was in the brooding mood again.

I am never aware of when I'm brooding but Christian always seems to catch me brooding.

Watching Stack Dem Bones with some confused interest before going off to meditate.

Being super hungry but unable to pay for the food and so I just stared at it until I was given the go ahead to eat from Timmean. Trust me, there was no forced RP to that action.
    -I was even thinking, "I could take a piece, no one would notice. No, Dad'll get mad. Don't steal."

Having the conversation at the beach and destroying all the work those rocks put into getting to shore as we tossed them back in.

Hopefully teaching my Dad a lesson.

Wanting to punch my own face with all the council talk. Degren even pointing out my face making abilities. OOG- super stoked about the council, IG - Sweet Crap stop Talking already!

Getting ready to leave and actually needing to psyche myself up to get the courage to leave. Hugging Timmean and running out of town.

As Cast:

Sugar was just a lot of fun to play and I am so happy I was able to maintain that accent for the whole time. Absolutely terrifying people was pretty awesome.

Hearing Wil say "Holy Shit! They're giving us medics!"

Skye playing along with Sugar and frolicking away!

Finding everything "Totes Adorbs!" as Sugar.

As I sent Jake, Travis and Christian out on as an encounter, Brian, Helene and I look at each other and realize that none of the original cast are out. And it felt goooood.

2 more death firsts! My first PvP death, Herr! and my first Perma death, Gondolf!

Making cast decisions while I was still waking up and from my bunk, only in hindsight do I realize how AWESOME THAT IS!!!! Squire! Fetch me my hat!

As we were prepping for the Sat night mod, I sat there eating a serving bowl of salad. I regret nothing.

I just love seeing the blacksmiths are becoming a thing and setting a new forge. Completely undermining the work Borin did, but it's still cool because it means the town is growing with its inhabitants. If we allowed booze, I could totally see pints in their hands.

The countless sudden clarity calls to cast. Please! We're running out of purple tape! In all seriousness though, it's totally fine as it IS technically our fault.

After I had left town, watching Timmean stare forlornly after Lynn.

I can't remember if I was OOG or not but listening to Marcus tearing a strip off the fighters for falling apart in his absence. Pacing the Inn, yelling at them, while they all sat quietly and took it. Beautiful, really.

Making Mel giggle for an hour, all with miming, nary a word was said, really.

Seeing Mel and Jake and being told, "I'm multi-tasking" Immediately know what's on the go and tell them to carry on.

Coming in a floating axes and having a good run. I now know that I need to get faster!

I can't think of anything else...OH!

Everyone knows how tired I was, guess when I fell asleep? 11pm! And it wasn't for lack of trying either! My body really needed that 30th wind for those Whodunnits I'd been reading, I guess.

Now I think that's everything! Maybe.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Malva Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:25 pm

AD wrote:
As we were prepping for the Sat night mod, I sat there eating a serving bowl of salad. I regret nothing.

I should also add overhearing Sharon's growing anger as it was found that there were no strawberries left in the salad, and as everybody tried to shift the blame off of themselves.
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Oh yeah, Wil's meta comment about the medics was great!

Also, at the end of cleanup, when it was myself, Chickie, Wil, and Jennifer finishing up the kitchen. Champion cleaning services!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Torvallis! wrote:D:

I still had strawberries left to cut up! If only I was there to brib- er, placate the AD's wrath!

I think there was someone there trying to explain that more could be cut up, but I didn't hear the resolution.
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Quintessence Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:15 pm

First LARP event, yay!

While OOG, I watched a turtle in the inn make people do some very strange things. Ravira and Herr both thought they were turtles for awhile, during this time, Herr tried to mate with Ravira...thankfully (for both their sake) he was pulled away from her before he was successful.

Also OOG on Friday Night, being impressed by Sharon playing Lynn and breaking down, so close to tears, so close! (Next time Gadget Razz)

Entering town for the first time as Quin, and being greeted by another elf, Keket and immediately seeing an IG moose. Random moose, quite a welcome.

Talking to Flora about how cute certain other characters are, and who might be her type. Wink

Volk looking so fetching in Opal's pretty pink scarf, ESPECIALLY after the plastic surgery from Flora. Those cheekbones!

Walking away from Ravira and Jake's Faun (Shelly was it?) "sucking face", returning several minutes later expecting it to be over...only to be traumatized and have a certain image seared into my brain. What has been seen, cannot be unseen!

Morovitch! I was so happy I walked out on the back deck when I did, or else I may have missed the sage advice of "Never trust a bunny." I'm so sad that his travelling ways (and thinking anyone is crazy who stays in Holdfast) have taken him elsewhere, because he was a hoot!

Quin being so utterly confused and concerned for poor Ravira who was having some sort of fit for over an hour on Saturday night, surely the effect of the strange wildlife or one of the powerful mages.

Sunday's best memory may have been the weather! Finally, the sun! But being present for the formation of the council and the first meeting of the beast guild, was quite cool as well!

And so many more things, and ALL the lovely people! Oh and firebread...om nom nom <3

Quintessence

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:28 pm

[quote="Quintessence"

Entering town for the first time as Quin, and being greeted by another elf, Keket and immediately seeing an IG moose. Random moose, quite a welcome.

that was really cool and a good one as it was my first egg xD

(right dont know how the quote thing works lol)
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:50 pm

AD wrote:Getting surgery done on me. I've like never, ever, had surgery done on me, it's always the other way around. It was cool.

Oh, dude, I had no idea, that's so cool!!!! If I'd had known, I would have done more fun stuff; I didn't want the surgery to detract TOO much from the RP, since Lynn was still awake and talking, so I didn't necessarily go all out.

Normally I actually post a lot in these threads, but to be honest a lot of what I enjoyed has been posted already, and I waited too long for my memory to be any good. Still:

-SURGERY!!!!! Best part of the Medic skill, for sure. Plus, I got to do it for, like, a long time!!!!! Very Happy While being a little shit to Old Man Tim and Lynn!!!! Very Happy
(Horns: "Alrighty. Three, tw-"
Lynn: "Oh god, what are you about to do?")

-Horns: "I wonder what happens if you touch the turtle twice?" *pushes Sky into the turtle*
Helene (OOG, to Ryerson): "Add 10 minutes to the time on your hallucination."

-One of my spiders managed to take down Volk! I couldn't believe it! He had armor and everything!

-The spider jockey (and subsequent spider suplex) was my absolute favourite part of event.

-Bringing Max into game!!! Being a Kaern slave!!!!

-Mel's 70-minute giggle fit! (Also, I think that now that we have a record, we need to beat it!)

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravira Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 am

- My giggle fit Saturday night (and waking up to my abs feeling like I worked out all day).

- Horn's broken horn... silly medic not fixing his own horn.

- Hiding Degren's smithing tools in a tree with other Fae (cause he insulted me). Love how he thinks it's the rats.

- Lynn... enough said.

- Kaern male getting washed up on shore. Love getting me a Max and making him pounce after bubbles at the Air circle. (He did much better practicing than Horns did with that tree.)

- Getting put to sleep by a turtle egg and waking up in Herr's bunk. At least I got to spray and rub myself all over his stuff after I got over being disgusted.

- Getting onto the town council (which I only did cause Volk said I couldn't be on it cause I have "slaves" which I don't. They're voluntary companionship.)

- Herr the turtle trying to mate with Ravira the turtle after he fell over and had difficulty rolling over off of his bag.

- Volk and his pink scarf and plastic surgery.

- Following Herr around after he turned a bunch of us into marbles and put us in his pocket. It was fun til we were told we were marble statues and had to go stand in the woods with "Frenchie." Wink

- Amalthia attaching herself to Volk by jumping on his back. There's nothing like watching Volk fight with an elf on his back that's tell him she loves him.

- Sky starting a Beast Guild.

- Staying up late on Saturday night giggling, talking outside while trying to get ready for bed then giggling for what seemed like hours in the Hotel Tent with my 'roomie.'

- Putting up the Hotel Tent then seeing Chickie's 'tent' next to it.

- Danika figuring out that the two 'leftover' pieces we had to the tent were actually room dividers.

- "Multi tasking" with a faun while doing some leather working ... not sure why everyone was giving us strange looks or giggling.

- Watching an execution with big smiles and Ash cuddles as Horns has to get dragged away as he tries to save Herr.

- Trying to check to see who was 'down' in the field and getting gacked by some woman and her demon sheep. I fell down spread-eagle with my scarf over my face. There's nothing like shivering from the cold to make you look like your going into an epileptic seizure and seeing Sharon giggle at you through a scarf.

- Getting to call the exploding creeper pig plant thing a Baconator.

- Gerald's medic character's voice... I just couldn't deal.
Ravira
Ravira

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravira Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:36 am

- Doing some sparring with the town's folk and getting to do sneak attacks! Look out Degren!
Ravira
Ravira

Back to top Go down

Post by Bikbun Ironbones Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:31 pm

GONDOLF:

- EVERYTHING
- Telling a story to the Chicken, who then lost interest and walked off... so I followed it "because I didn't want it to miss the exciting part"
- "One book!" ... "20 Mauling"
- Telling everyone how I became a deity
- Telling Rob's NPC in the cookhouse how I became immortal, and deliberately frustrating him
- Telling stories all the time ever, regardless
- Being told some pirates were looking for me, but just succumbing to an egg-mod of sleepy mushroom so falling asleep and then being woken up by Pierre shaking me.
- Stepping on a fire ant colony and falling unconscious at the same time that Herr starts tripping balls... conveniently for 10 minutes. Just long enough for me to bleed out.
- That note that made Sparrow cry (and Erika cry IRL tears too!)

CASTING:

- EVERYTHING
- Being an Orc Faun who was a fighty character, and ended up not fighting anyone
- Looking after Christian's NPC when as my Faun, and dealing with IC anxieties and fears
- Interaction my Faun and Ravira... ;3
Bikbun Ironbones
Bikbun Ironbones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravira Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 am

Oh I forgot about silly story telling Gondolf and Christian's elf! Wow your group phobia was well played man!
Ravira
Ravira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next