New Notice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Notice

Post by Lessa on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:41 am

At some point when no one was looking, the following notice appeared on the notice board: <OOG: ie., posted by cast, not Lessa>

PROCLAMATION:
To the people of HOLDFAST  

Whereas the PROCESSION has begun,
We are delighted to advise you
to PREPARE to WELCOME

THEIR RIGHT ROYAL MAJESTIES
OF CYNEVIN

As they arrive for their inaugural STATE VISIT
Within a fortnight’s time.

Their RIGHT ROYAL MAJESTIES
Greatly anticipate
1.The Inspection of the Circles
2. The Exchange of Wondrous Gifts
3. The Marvellous Feast
4. The Demonstration of Cunning Arts and Intriguing Skills
5. And the Spectacular Masquerade Dance!

Make ready, therefore, your ROYAL WELCOME!
- -   Prepare  - -
To entertain To dance To feast
To gift and be gifted To make merry
To establish ties between Cynevin and Holdfast!

Signed by the order of HRH <illegible - some strange alphabet??>   Rex



Last edited by Lessa on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tweaked)
avatar
Lessa

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Lady Val on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Lady Val observes the notice and practically squeals with excitement. She immediately runs out to the caravan.
avatar
Lady Val

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Degren Brightforge on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Degren reads and rereads the note, grimly nodding. He pulls out a piece of torn parchment and a pen, and scribbles a few, messily written words upon it. He pierces the paper on the board with a rusty nail, it reads:


"Wanted: Dance Teacher. --D.B."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Pierre on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Pierre looks at the notice board trying to make out the scribbles, "I'm wasting my time" as he laughs off his insecurities. "What does it say, Sir Degren or Lady Val?"
avatar
Pierre

Posts : 48
Join date : 2016-05-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Volk walks up from behind the group and looks at Pierre
"It says that a king and Queen will be coming and they expect gifts."
He looks at lady Val and Degren.
"This could prove problematic."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Degren Brightforge on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:56 am

"Eh, I don't see it bein' a problem. Assumin' they aren't after massive gifts of gold and silver, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Besides, exchanging generally means we'll be getting gifts in return, right? I'll probably whip something up in my smithy. Maybe a ceremonial sword, or something of the like."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:26 pm

"The last time a monarch came to this town she claimed it was hers and began to try to take control of the place, I do not enjoy entertaining those who haven't earned there title, who suck the life out of the people under them, and who may attempt to throw the little calm and order we established into a frenzy, in favour of proving a point, or taking more then what little they deserve from us."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Degren Brightforge on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:19 pm

"Well, we need to look at it like this. This may or may not be their land, whether we like it or not. And, even if it ain't, they've got soldiers. Good as we might be, we can't take an army. Now, if we can make em piss off and have a party doin' it, why not? We just need to have a few trifles ready to give as gifts, and be prepared for a fight, in case one starts. I'll see about getting a few of the Knights to pull guard shift when it starts."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stranger

Post by Lessa on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:53 am

A strange figure in a cloak, face deeply concealed by a hood, strides over to the first notice, walking right past the assembled Holdfasters, and hangs another next to it. The figure turns to leave.
avatar
Lessa

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Volk looks at the other strange figure in a dark cloak, then he looks at the other notice.

"And who might you be?"
Volk says looking at the figure.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Lessa on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:00 pm

The figure stops. Is silent. Croaks out "Harold."
avatar
Lessa

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:06 pm

"So you are the Herald, or is your name Herald? Also who are these two monarchs I have not heard of them?"

Volk says in a more enthusiastic voice, then normal.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Lessa on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:14 pm

"In seven days they come!!" croaks the figure joyfully in a very strange accent, and makes to leave again.
avatar
Lessa

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Degren Brightforge on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:18 pm

"Well, " Degren says, eyeing the 'Harold', "that's right helpful, that it." He turns to the messenger, "I'm not so accustomed to yer monarchy as I'd like to be, there. So, could you perhaps show em' to me on the map and help me plan a route? I want to be sure everything's ready once they get here, so perhaps it'd be prudent of us for me to ride on down there, get all the details straightened out, and then get back. But if you think we don't have time, perhaps you could help me plan for their arrival? You do work for them, and seem rather happy to do so. I presume you know their customs and expectations?"


Last edited by Degren Brightforge on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding some stuff)
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Lessa on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:01 pm

The stranger is still, possibly thinking. Seeing the map, the figure looks at it for a while, finds Holdfast, and, with a gloved digit, indicates a travel path that would take about fourteen days to travel from Holdfast with an end point somewhere in the interior of Annwm. "Too late to meet," the stranger croaks in the strange accent. "Expectations here" -- and the stranger points to the two posters -- "all good. Everyone happy. Good food. Good gifts. Circles. No cold. Honour. Admire. Happy. All good." The stranger is still a moment longer, then begins to walk out of the inn.
avatar
Lessa

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gone, Girl!

Post by Lessa on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Aaaand the stranger pops out the door quick as a wink, with never a fare-thee-well. <Bye!>
avatar
Lessa

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Ravira on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:40 am

Ravira comes in from a gathering expedition and notices the new notice. Wink

Upon reading it she thinks that it's a good thing she found a snow berry bush with ripe fruit this time.
avatar
Ravira

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-07-17
Age : 36
Location : Newfoundland, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Notice

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum