Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training and spiteful fauns

2 posters

Go down

Training  and spiteful fauns Empty Training and spiteful fauns

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:34 pm

A disgruntled looking faun would make their way from the Earth circle to the waters edge, settling down by the Water circle. Ceridwynn rolled the spider nest against a few rocks so his little friends wouldnt roll away and took out a book. They scribbled notes as they waited, picking at the grass and enjoying the sun.
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Training  and spiteful fauns Empty Re: Training and spiteful fauns

Post by Asher Fairchild Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Asher approaches the water circle

"sorry I'm late" she mumbles with a mouth full of bread from the inn. She dusts the crumbs off her shirt and takes a seat next to Cerridwyn. She takes another moment to chew in silence before continuing.

"so, what can I help you with today?"
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Ceridwynn perks up a bit and waves to the Water champion "Hey Asher, no worries. The spiders wanted to stay longer by the Earth circle anyway." He claps his hands together "So, I have a bit of a magical dilema. Youre a champion, you can help with those right? Since champions are supposed to help teach and all that?"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:37 pm

"of course, thats my job" she says with a short smile. "A magical dilemma, eh? Please, go on"

She listens intently.
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:04 pm

"See, I want to be better at earth magic but the decent people I could learn it from are elves, out of town, or I dont know when theyll show up. Willows cool but I never know when shes gonna pop out of the circle. Same with Morpha. Father Francis and Ardin are off doing other stuff and I cant learn earth magic from Verbena, even though I think shes better than me at it right now, id never live it down!!" Ceridwynn takes a second to breath
"Father Francis suggested I learn more about being aware and in tune with magicy stuff so I could teach myself and make my magic stronger. I uh...tried it without doing that, apparently staring at a circle for hours and thinking really hard about earth magic doesnt do much but give me a headache. Thats where you come in, cuz it seems like a thing champions would know about! Can ya teach me more about being aware and such?"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 am

"while I admit I'm not the best mage when it comes to awareness, I'm willing to teach you as much as I can. First, lets seat ourselves comfortably."

She folds her legs together and straightens her back in a meditative pose.

"Now lets close our eyes and do some visualization. Are you ready?"
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:47 am

Ceridwynn smiles. They take a second to shush the spiders and tell them to behave before copying Ashers pose.
They hold their hooves, rocking back and forth excitedly-wait no, serious magic time-they stop rocking and straighten their back "Ready!"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:06 pm

"alright. First, you must clear your mind of everything but the feeling of magic. The energy you feel when you ready a spell...concentrate on that. Feel the rush of the mana course through your system and into the palm of your hand. Focus your intention."

Shes silent for a moment, allowing the faun to clear his thoughts. She continues.

"Now focus on growing that energy. Focus on making it bigger, more powerful, more agile, more attuned. Imagine your magical energy as a ball of light, then feed it. Grow it."

Again, she gives him a moment. "Can you feel it?"
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Ceridwynn squeezes his eyes shut, screwing up his face as he tried to picture it, mentally swatting away intruding thoughts.
"Like a garden?"
He visualizes as Asher says, taking a deep breath.
"I...think so. A little"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:45 am

"If a garden is how you imagine it, lets go with that. Right now your abilities in awareness are like a small home-garden. There are some herbs growing, a few wild flowers. Its beautiful, but what if you could turn it into a farm? Its a similar process when it comes to increasing your awareness."

"Much like growing crops, growing your awareness requires practice and careful attention. These visualizations will help you increase your strength".

Asher continues with some visualization exercises.
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Ceridwynn nods, listening intently as they pixture a small garden.
They picture the herb patches at home, their mother and grandmother teaching them to water the plants, pull weeds, to nurture a growing garden.
They figured Asher was right, its like that. Asher seems to know what shes talking about, just like Momma and Granny.
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down