Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 2022 - Up The Water Spout

+2
Malva
Zero.
6 posters

Go down

May 2022 - Up The Water Spout Empty May 2022 - Up The Water Spout

Post by Zero. Sun May 29, 2022 3:29 pm

You know the drill. Post some memories!
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

May 2022 - Up The Water Spout Empty Re: May 2022 - Up The Water Spout

Post by Malva Sun May 29, 2022 3:55 pm

May 2022 - Up The Water Spout 20220511
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun May 29, 2022 4:01 pm

Friday
- Nero?? In Misty's body?? Ho Ho Holy shit.
- Those golems were fucked.
- I s2g I turn my back on Dog ONE TIME and he's dead. Smh, didn't even give us enough time to grieve. I tried to save him by shoving the golem but the pause in the killing blow count was not a restart, and I was too late.
- I was literally not even geared up to react in character. That bit was booting. You fucker. You dumbass. (jk you're great)
- Rudi punches a golem to death with her tiny baby fists (Rob likes being punched, it's fine). Rosco helped more the the fists, but it felt nice to help kill something.
- Long talk with Rosco on the deck about life.
- Had a nice long walk with Lexicus to unpack the whole Dog dying thing. Ceridwyn teaches a pharmacist to be a harmacist (in the morning) (they learn things first).
-Dog did not want to talk about it, but that's okay.

Saturday
- Spooder season! There were so many spiders in the woods AND spider tracks. The fear of phase spiders is truly palpable.
- Vanilla explaining to us there's spillover. Only heard half of it, bc I was meditating, but... interesting.
- Most of the day is spent Ritual Planning
- Have to help Rosco remove a few tongues because the people we both care about only care about money, apparently. Larp is weird and sometimes you mime holding your friend's tongue for 20 mins.
- Fucking slimes. Z eats a fucking slime. Ryn was about to eat a fucking slime. I am no longer responsible if anyone else eats a fucking slime. Lovingly, Rudi
- The Cuddle Pile being forcibly interrupted when cast accidentally turns a light off and Lexicus gets stressed about Dollfaces. (In hindsight: that mistake def saved us)
- Dollfaces!!!! We hate (love) to see a dollface. That was so, so stressful. Being down a medic is not good BUT we pulled through.
- Teak comes back, stuff starts going on, but I'm outside with the dollface body. I'm called back in to deal with a... situation and Jesse had to tap out for a bit.
- Theo comes looking for Rudi bc in the 20 mins i've been gone Dog, Lexicus, and Marr have been teleported (possibly through Nullasia?????) and returned bc they tried to take more ALL from a dollface. Again, I leave him alone for 2 seconds.
- Mom Friend mode activates and Rudi clings to Dog like a lifeboat. Eventually he gets fixed up and is... existing easier and Not Sobbing so that's something. Hoo boy. You dumbass. This is a Dog callout post. (but it was truly v nice to sing a lullaby to you and get some physical affection)
- We all go to bed slowly after that, though Kez and Rudi are dragged into a dance with Gull first. Darnit man, I was trying to be stressed over here. (jk ily)

Sunday
- Very early morning walk with Dog and Z and we find Auron and Deggy and a couple others?
- Then we go back to the Inn and Lexicus bleeds himself. Rudi and Rosco fix him.
- "His eyes are dim, he cannot see, he sold his glasses to faery, he sooold his glaaaasssses to faeryyyyy."
- Gull sings a beautiful song while the ritual starts and we start to reminesce about Oldfast. (Or Heldfast, depending on who you ask.)
- Cage fight time babey (alas, there was no cage fight between Rudi and Gull.)

Last edited by Rudi on Tue May 31, 2022 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Sun May 29, 2022 4:02 pm

May 2022 - Up The Water Spout 20220512
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Sun May 29, 2022 4:11 pm

Rudi wrote:
- "His eyes are dim, he cannot see, he sold his glasses to faery, he sooold his glaaaasssses to faeryyyyy."

This is really funny when from my perspective I was doing the ritual with Degren who was wearing two pairs of glasses the whole time because "Yeah, Lexicus just left them in the field."
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Mon May 30, 2022 9:22 am

Malva wrote:
Rudi wrote:

This is really funny when from my perspective I was doing the ritual with Degren who was wearing two pairs of glasses the whole time because "Yeah, Lexicus just left them in the field."

Iconic Degren behavior
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Mon May 30, 2022 6:11 pm

Friday;
-I knew I was fucked the moment I saw Marcus in cast blacks.
-Ran into a new person outside of town! Hi Knife, my name is Rosco and this is Bones! He's called that because I steal his bones. I swear I'm trustworthy.
-Ran into multiple new people IN town. Morty is really just Some Guy and I couldn't love him more.
-Strange new friend has multiple stab wounds! Let's fix that.
-Oh no he's trying to beat the shit out of me.
-Okay we're cool now, turns out he has no memories! I can help!
-Slowly gaining his trust, finding a cryptic note (warning of phase spiders?) and eventually (after the combat mod) working with Zero to figure out who the hell this guy is.
-Meanwhile, there's Misty! Hi Misty!
-MOST CERTAINLY NOT MISTY SOS. I'm going back to dealing with no memories friend.
-Golem on the deck. Angry boy time (Fury). It's funny how powerful one extra point of damage makes you feel.
-Maybe I can do this! Maybe I can fight!
-Marcus (threat) has entered. I have been destroyed.
-Those Golems are horrifying, actually! Lots of medicine to be done. Stabilize them and toss them in front of me, I'll get them eventually.
-Ah, Dog down. Leave him there. One moment.
-Rob starts calling killing blows, gets to three before I realize no one is coming and stand up to pull my sword.
-Sword is stuck! Hee hoo, oh no.
-Rip Dog. Angry boy time (x2). (Sorry for not noticing you die, Rob)
-Grieve for a whole 30 seconds because I yell loud enough for an essence resurrects that he's up in no time.
-Stupid idiot Dog, my actual dog is smarter than you.
-Conversation with Rudi about life and death in Holdfast.

Saturday;
-Strange cryptic note on the chalkboard. Figure I'll read more into it later, after I get back from the woods. (It was Theo).
-I finally wake up in time to gather. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot in the woods. Even more unfortunately, we've taken the worst possible path and my stupid little stumpy legs struggle a great deal to get over downed trees.
-There IS a falcon though! How cool. "It's friend shaped" [14 mauling bypass]. "Not friend shaped!"
-I just wanted to gather...
-Z asks me to take his tongue out to sell. Uh..I guess? You're going to do it anyway, right? May as well do it safely...
-REALLY fun medical rp where I got closer to Marcus than I ever wish to again.
-Dog sees this, hears "four rares" and suddenly I'm doing this for a SECOND time. Jesus Christ.
-Everyone with Earth Regrows promptly fucked off so Dog is now a temporary mute
-Slimes! Hate 'em. What do you mean Z ate one?!
-Foreign Body surgery on Z like he's a labrador retriever and I'm just spending another day at the vet clinic...
-Rest of the day is ritual planning, a limbo of me trying to decide when is a good time to nap so I don't miss it.
-Cuddle pile but both ig and oog I am too anxious to enjoy it for more than 3 minutes at a time. It's late and nothing has come to fight us yet.
-Dollfaces are genuinely my favourite enemies, that doesn't stop me from telling Ryn and Bones to get their asses under a table and stay there.
-There is no adrenaline rush at larp quite like being a medic five doing surgery in the middle of a combat zone. Though I swear, I don't know what I'm going to do when that amulet expires.
-Weird things happening with Teek. Medical stuff even I couldn't understand. Mutterings about queens and seeing things and names I barely recognize.
-Psychic discipline: Avoid. Suddenly her existence means nothing to me, but I know Dimitri is yelling for a bandage from the bathroom and there's a trail of blood.
-Auron holding pressure with a "bandage" (It was a surgical sheet, but he's got the spirit).
-Someone says a group of friends have disappeared. Welp, gotta go look for Dog!
-I try to leave but Kez grapples me. Z uses project emotion: calm, which works for a bit but then he IMMEDIATELY walks away. Kez is gone too. I am free.
-I walk around the field looking for Rudi - thank god I don't get killed.
-They're back and having a ~moment~. Rudi and I team up and pile on top of Dog in a much sadder cuddle pile.
-I go outside to clear my head and end up on a "romantic date" (his words) with Dimitri. Very sweet rp which finally convinces Rosco he has a friend in the big 'ol goofy idiot.
-Bedtime! It's cold enough that the boys all decide to bunk with me, Marcy and Elliott. Slumber party with my favourite people in the whole world.

Sunday;
-Lexicus bleeds himself dry for Cal. We medic him over and over again (what will I do without this amulet???)
-Where are his glasses? I think he tells me he sold them to Faerie. This leads to my new favourite Gull song; "His eyes are dim, he cannot see / He sold his glasses to Faerie."
-A genuinely beautiful ritual song from Gull, lots of stories about Oldfast and New Holdfast.
-Everyone decides to do some training, Bones and I decide it's a good time for him to learn Psychic. I take him Astral using the states Teek gave us and he starts to understand the intricacies of psychic energy; super fun rp.
-Game is called and I have no idea what happened with the ritual; was it a success? Is Teek okay? What a terrifying (but cool as hell) way to end the weekend.

Last edited by Rosco Agassi on Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter ツ Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 am

Friday:
Hunter tiem : )
- Sittin around, writing out 'hi' and such to new frens
- Lillium, jokingly: "What'cha talkin' about, sex?"
 Mitchell, Internally: You Have Triggered My Trap Card (Which I've been sitting on for *checks notes* 4 years)
- So Hunter didn't (and arguably still doesn't) know what sex is. In spite of Lillium's (and Gull's) explanations
- Something gets people to raise their voices (Nero, evidently) so I move under the table to continue note-taking on what Lillium was on about
- Not even 15 minutes later this decision was vindicated by being the only person left not bleeding in the Inn once an Echo materialized in the center of the room
- "Medic 0 you're fuckin' dead huh?"
- Shot rob directly in the arse for 8 mauling bypass, but otherwise I continued my solemn vigil as the player most likely to be the only one on guard duty while playing a mute character

Saturday:
Second verse, same a the first: More of Hunter, popcorn destroyer : )
- ^u^
- Lots of recorder practice and song writing: What even is a time signature?
- Slime time: Pls just let me shoot the slime off of Kez, I promise it'll work!
- Spoders: Sam's spider lurking under the deck was a persistent hassle, one which was eventually resolved by physrepping the space under the deck with obscuring sticks and branches so I could pick off the spider in its hiding space while fully prone. I'm very proud of my accuracy this game
- Actually getting rats and rat claws. Next time, snakes??
- Hearing ~secret chit-chat~ in the tower and deciding to investigate, finding Degren, Auren, and Teek up there
- Sharing philosophy from Hunter's journal, then doing a little crab dance in the name of making Teek smile
- Continuing the crab bit up all the way 'till dinner, really ought to cool it on the sugar
- Tapping out to sneak a nap before cast comes for my ass

Saturday night:
Bemoaning having to go cast out in the pissing rain all night with only my scrappy thin cast blacks to wear.
 Turns out, Rob had that covered
- Lmao Dollface onslaught
- Rob starting in a bedroom was a pretty good bit, and Ian smashing a light switch with his elbow was even funnier
- Real shadow spider hours. Some spawns you get domed instantly, other runs you remember the spiders have natural bypass and you down 7 people
- Frankly I'm suprised there wasn't an effort to secret some medics away out in the gazebo to prevent a full wipe, with how desperate the fighting was getting in and around the Inn

Sunday:

I didn't do shit on Sunday

Last edited by Hunter ツ on Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hunter ツ
Hunter ツ

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue May 31, 2022 12:12 am

What a great game Smile

Friday
-Been keeping the fact I am casting secret from my friends hoping to surprise them, so far so good
-Rob blows my cover, made it almost to safety so that's close enough
-Getting to cast was a great experience, just being some creature and getting to fight, so much fun seeing things from the other side
-Complete all that I have been recruited to do, and feel pretty good, had a wicked night of fights, and look forward to doing it again sometime!
-Come in for a little bit Friday night as Z and get caught up otherwise

Saturday
-First gathering of the season! Excited to see if I can find any of the new popsicle sticks out in the woods
-We head down the newly cut trail as well instead of our normal route, many spider tracks, some very odd carcasses, and even a couple very large cocoons, don't like that
-Gathering goes pretty well overall, dealt with a few falcons and spiders too
-Head back into the inn, recall that I heard Malva may be in the market for a freely given tongue
-Hey Malva do you want this? "Sure! What sorta thing did you want in return?" Oh could I get [REDACTED]? "Sure!"
-Ask Rosco to remove my tongue, he sighs and agrees
-Have a pretty fun surgery! Kinda wish I was lying down as sitting in a chair for it was somewhat uncomfortable
-Ah with that out of the way, there is trouble out side
-Slimes, fuck slimes man
-Uh oh! One of them has Theo! I gotta help him, uh uh uh uh, I try to eat the slime? worked in the gauntlet right?
-My stomach, feels rather unwell, that was not smart
-We fall back inside, manage to get 1, still 2 left
-My stomach starts to feel worse
-We start to get these last ones under control, I am feeling worse by the minute
-Rob whispers to me, Uh Oh!
-Rosco, Rosco help, Rosco I need help
-Teek hits me with a hallucinate, and manages to keep me somewhat stable while Rosco and Rudi desperately get to work on me
-Maybe a half hour later, there is no longer a slime dissolving me from the inside out, however I still feel like absolute garbage
-"If you eat another slime I'm not doing surgery again" message received loud and clear
-Me and Teek have a talk after, man we really do need to look into that thing huh
-Rest of my Saturday is pretty quiet until the night
-Big cuddle puddle on the floor of the inn, it's getting late so I step outside to take a look if anything is outside
-I come back in not 3 minutes later and everyone is scrambling to get armour and weapons (I missed the lights accidentally being turned off and on)
-Oh boy Dollfaces, this is my first time fighting them, I've only seen the 2 that were in the Gauntlet before this
-Holy Fuck they're strong
-There are, so many of them why
-Teek! Teek get out of the hallway! Teek there are 2 Dollfaces RIGHT THERE! Teek M O V E
-There were so many tense moments during the saturday night fight, being backed into a corner with Bones keeping me conscious, Me and Dimitri trying to get Teek and Talia outside, fleeing into the woods briefly to escape, so great
-After it is over and they've left / been killed, we're all exhausted, and Teek is fucked
-We have some GREAT rp with the aftermath of what she's done, learn some rather frightening things
-People are digging into a dollface, and have disappeared, that, cannot be good in any manner
-The night goes smoothly after this, it takes quite a while for me to finally relax though, was very intense fighting and rp

Sunday
-Sunday morning I'm up a little bit later than usual, whoops
-I get up, grab a light breakfast of yogurt and bread, and gather with Degren, Auron, Malva, and Teek for the ritual, we are trying to take oldfast out of Teek and place it here, in new Holdfast
-We begin the ritual, it is long, bittersweet, and I think, effective and well thought out, I hope it works.
-Game wraps up the moment the ritual is finished, overall I had a wicked time Smile

Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:28 pm

I'm trying a new thing where I just save up memories in my notes and then post them when I have a bunch

-Nero Misty, more like No-no Misty
-Nah it's cool, I guessed it on the third try
-Dog with the break-neck resurrection speed once again
-Theo successfully got a parrot spider to repeat a line about him being cool. I later saw Ryn begging a definitely standard spider for compliments (lol)
-Dog having tongue removal surgery and everyone with Earth Regrows LEFT when he needed it lol
-Literally one spider appeared so I went to put on my armour and got blocked inside by a dollface for a long time. It didn't seem to notice me, but there was no clear shot out. Ended up waiting for a reprieve in the outdoor dollfaces and air-carrying myself out the window (so much mileage out of my new air spells!)
-Perfectly understanding a complex story Z was telling while everyone else was bewildered
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down