Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 2022 - Down Came The Rain

+6
Kez Shiras
AD
Dimitri
Marr
Ivy
Z
10 posters

Go down

July 2022 - Down Came The Rain Empty July 2022 - Down Came The Rain

Post by Z Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:26 pm

Y'all know the drill!! Post your memories however you want! Write a short book! Give us some bullet points! Sum up your game in 2 sentences!
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

July 2022 - Down Came The Rain Empty Re: July 2022 - Down Came The Rain

Post by Z Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:01 pm

Thursday!
Auction went well! Some very cool stuff went, I only got a grab bag but that still had some interesting stuff in it so I'm pleased
Casting as a Black Hellion!! Had a blast playing them, love their fighting style a ton and even though we didn't wreck the town very much it was still a lot of fun Smile
Later that night came in as Z for a very brief time, put my shopping list on the chalk board and called it a night

Friday
Friday morning gathering WOOOOOOO first time in 3 games we don't get our shit kicked in in the first 15 minutes, and actually make it up and down the silk road which nets some nice bits and pieces
Circles! The circle rituals get on the go and we are rudely interrupted by a handful of Ropen! These guys are a blast to fight and are generally a really fun fight, having Degren get dragged underground was a wild ride too!
The circles get put down (I think) and I watch 2 of the rituals, pretty neat stuff tbh
Dollfaces, fuck I was expecting them this game but damn are they hard to fight, what a goddamn challenge, Knife getting possessed also sets a bad precedent and is overrall a rough night
Sleep, blessed be, I think of how low on resources I am as I realize we still have another full day and a half, this is my first long weekend

Saturday!
Sleep in a touch, my body aches lol
Spiders. So many spiders. So many webs. We drink lots of antidotes, We drink lots of stalls, We use lots of untaints, it was a really fun mod tbh and I am glad we got to put some explosives to good use.
Calls for Hellions in the woods, so most of the town heads out, leaving Me, Ivy, Merric, Bikbun, and Bones around for fightery types and a bunch of mostly non-combat folks, surely nothing can go wrong!
About a half-hour, 45 later and Bikbun has left, most of the inn is dying or dead, and there are still some Echo Armouries around, shoutout Lillium and Malva for saving our asses
Teek wants a quick lesson on navigation and tracking, hoo boy here I go doing my best to explain that as a mute, was good rp though and I had a lot of fun, before seeing her off for the night
Couple people getting hit with Amnesia from a mist owl, time for a manhunt, I spot Dimitri running off across the field and bee-line to him, he wants someone with "The Mark of the Bear" alright, I can do that
Honestly very fun Amnesia rp, I had a blast with that little bit, thanks Dimitri!
More dollfaces, fuck, I wasn't expecting 2 nights in a row, getting possessed was hella fun though, not often you get to fight town and do a damn good job of it too, being stabbed in the inn every minute for a while was oddly relaxing, really just got to chill and count for a while
Until Teek rocks back up, damn I love me some Teek RP, psychic stuff is just right up my alley and I have a blast, hell yeah root around in my brain I'm having a good time, y'know what, let me help you out with my friends too once you're done, that could be a bit of fun (and it was! it was a lot of fun!)
Everyone gets unpossessed (for now) and we manage to deal with the last dollfaces for the night
I scold Teek, we talked about this Teek, this is not great but also thank you you saved us for real tonight
I try to go on a Dollface trip and am VERY firmly told no by the universe, and when I 2nd opportunity arises, decline of my own volition
Extremely fun, late night

Sunday!
Sleep in a bit again, all is well
Malva! Malva! I need a good chunk of Malapyre! Oh Malva! I have money Malva!
Drugs time, shoutout [TOP SECRET]
A bunch of us and Teek talk again, iron out our plans, we get to chill this morning, which is very nice.

Overall, a blast, Great long weekend, great fighting, great RP, I just had such a great time

Last edited by Z on Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:24 pm

Lifehack: Type out your event memories on coffee breaks while at game: Less of it gets lost in the post game delirium:

July 22 game memories:

Pregame/auction:

So much for getting any mana, both in my log and in the auction.

Got a grab bag instead, and got a Fucking Masterwork Donair out of it lmao. Still no mana.

Thursday night:

I was really tired but it was fun to watch Knife benny-hilling it up with the buff skeleton

Watching sharon, as the skeleton, 'eat' candlelight by stuffing it down her skele-shirt

Knowing the deal with the skele and the light the instant it came in, but I only knowing from insights from casting so I have to sit and wait for people to figure out what its deal is.

Dimitri choking on a 12 inch sausage.

Thursday night in review: If anything has come from me regarding Ivy as a synthesis of Hugo and Vadim, Ivy has certainly inherited Hugo's vigilance: After last game, I decided that I would keep playing a ‘sniper’, hanging back and waiting for openings, would be a safer bet for a boi with just a shortsword and maybe 1 mana if I’m lucky.

Friday:

Slept in: I have a lot to lose and not much to gain from morning gathering expeditions.

Air circle: Can I ask what an air circle is One Time without people thinking they're the first one to make the geometry joke? I know it’s round, what does it do??

Dry run of the air circle ritual interrupted by ropens (fuck ropens)

Got buffed to swing for 24 magic damage tho, that was nice.

"Dog is short for Doggert right?"

"From the breeze, to the gust, to the gale, to the whirlwind, may the air bring breath to the circle"

We did it! We have a spinny boi! Now for the other circles.

"Describe scene: my leg is bound in web"
"Described scene: Get Fucked"

5:30 siesta: I pitched in for my circle, time to lie down.

That night I played the nightly dollface battle perhaps too cautiously: I didn't get downed once, and managed to contribute a few spider kills but not much else.

Spent much of the night repeatedly stabbing knife to keep his puppeted body down. Sorry buddy!

Saturday:

In spite of my woods landmark knowledge being crap, I managed to follow the salvation calls to the spider nest in the boneyard, but couldn't get past the web wall. Figured since others could dip in and out I would deliver some poultices and stalls they were brewing back up the hill.

Once back at the Inn (I got lost), it became increasingly understood that in the heat of the 30 degree sun all the people trapped down there would need water as much as heals, so I got to play waterboy in addition to runner, which was fun.

Lunch time cookin time fun time! Come get your ramen!

Echoes! I picked up a lot of confidence fighting these things versus last time. Staying on my feet for so long with just a shortsword is an accomplishment.

Parrying an arrow before single-handedly laying down the law on Sage's echo, from spawn to slain without it laying a hand on me.

…then we got wiped by an unlucky spawn of them with polearms in the inn with a third blocking the exit. Se la vi.

Kez rescue! Shoutouts to Dog for getting mileage out of base psychic.

There were some card games.

Milling about trying to be social, but finding more to talk about than quips is a challenge. Maybe if we all believed something nice would happen, then it might? Maybe all the doomsaying summons the dollfaces.

Oh look dollfaces

I killed two dollfaces, which was great, but getting in multiple final blows on them in one night might be indicative of how many we were truly dealing with.

Playing lexicus (and the other puppeted ones) like a game of pop up pirate except his torso is the barrel and they all pop back to life after a minute..

Watching Rob’s dollface walk over to another and machine gun Empathic Heal another of the dollfaces,upon seeing which I think aloud “At least they’re not really healing, just giving up heath to the other.'' After which I had the glorious opportunity to watch the look on Rob's face as he looked at me, ran the numbers back on his heal spam, and drop dead on the spot.

Spent what felt like an hour solo outside in the rain, with both entrances to the dining hall plugged by dollfaces. Found Ludwig, recently revived from his death to a dollface on his first game. We talked for a bit by the kitchen door before having a crack at getting in

"Maybe that dollface has cleared out of the hall?"

*checks mail slot*

*its staring directly into my soul through the slot*

Through that hour of all the spider fights I soloed, all the ones that, If I lost, I was dead, it took me rushing Rob’s dollface with two summoned spiders for me to finally get winged for 500 sunder. I was hoping I could motivate people to come out and engage it, a mere 8 feet from the door, but alas, no one came for poor Ivy. His only saving grace being that dollface machinegunning Fayte’s voice heal while he lay frozen and bleeding.

After finally thawing, alive, fortunately, it was all over save for the crying and delirium after fighting dollfaces from sundown to 1:30am

Sunday:

Got some training in for air spells I need

Played Salt, the eggman back to play some craps! Dimitri really had the upper hand with these games, huh.

There was a bit of pitter patter, watching spars, but after so long I was toast.

There’ll be more to come, but for now, I must rest.
Good game everyone, I had so much fun!
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:42 am

Ivy wrote:"Dog is short for Doggert right?"

Just like "Yog" is short for "Yoghurt", yeah Smile
Malva
Malva

Ivy and Kez Shiras like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marr Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:35 pm

Alright so Lets see if I remember this correctly with my after game brain.

Thursday night
I got to Hunt with my fellow friends against some Black Hellions compare to the Black Hellions hunting us.
Z you did a great job as a Hellion but we are quite use to them at this point and the people hunting {Dag, Auron, Theo and Myself} were well equipped
To Hear people constantly call us from the bloody wet forest because a single UBER skeleton was kicking in everyone elses teeth was sad. we go over to help and then it was like na don't need you.
Anyone else remember that there was a barrier of life on the door?

Friday Cast
This morning was mostly a blur with game started late and hellions I got my normal 4 hours of sleep for this day.
I got up dragged myself to cast and grabbed a spider my lovely friend so the morning gatherers had something to greet them.
Most of those fights were completely normal but the jaunts to get ahead far enough so you didn't see the spider "spawn" was Fun after 5th time I think.
Most interactions with the spiders were normal except at one point I just decided to web only a path of ground on the Silk Road See the players step into saying "Stop your feet is stuck in web" they break or cut their way out step forward again "Stop your feet is stuck in web" and repeat a few times. that spider runs off because it didn't want to die.
the next interaction with the spiders I see Kez Crouching moving forward with magic fire on his hands.
"Stop Your Fully Stuck in a Web" and have him go oh this one didn't just web the ground.

I see Ludwig and Eloise were talking to Dimitri in clearing by themselves by Lysanders Grove and I wait.
they part ways and start taking the new path down towards the bone yard I had a spider annoy Dimitri for only a sort bit then decided to catch up to the new players still heading down. I seen them on this trail So I attempt to catch up nothing I reach the bone yard still didn't see them oh boy these people must be moving quick. I start a small control jog up silk road nope....
Turns out they turned off the path but I didn't notice because I busy with Dimitri. but that could of been fun instead I find

At the top of silk road a [mushroom thing] I see Auron giving Kez a potion before collapsing himself and Dog and Ryn also down I figured well everything I guess. I am not spawned but I decided to be merciful and thought if they are in a bleed they could all die. So I go off into the distance spawn as a spider.
I come across them as a spider and start cocooning people Ryn was first to be dragged and cocoon, next Auron as that was on the go Kez wakes up from a nap and realized the mess that was on the go.
He chased off the spider but it came back Spider manage to web Kez arms but Kez just spun around to slap the spider with the sword so spider left again and came back, Kez made a salvation call. Spider binded his legs got behind Kez and jumped onto this back and downed him and finished cocooning everyone.
Help Shortly showed up and things were fixed.

Friday Marr
So I get up and go on a walk through the forest to place signs my company Theo and Sebastian and a tagged along Ryn.
Placing signs were fine, Ryn was going on with nonsense about me and faun interactions and if I didn't have to as much that would be a good thing right? I said I already don't interact much with them but they insistent less is better then topic of Giant weed killer that needs a certain ingredient that i'm sure everyone knows by now from the. more arguing and at the end I told them to "GIT".

OoG people likes the sign IG Some people dislike Marr made them?
Still All Signs are fair game in my books there is paint there as well Feel free to remove relocate or change / repaint them
Val only one who ended up making 2 more.
Marr will continue to make signs and name things as he pleases.

Circles go down but Marr is not interested and so goes to mediate for 40mins.
Evening Blur what happened???

Oh Hi More Dollfaces. eventually goes down oh this is about 2am
People stick me on it but then only the people interested stick around at that point or are willing to go on a "trip" limits the resources or the people he is willing to work with.
I'm not giving it away what happen IG but first attempt fail
reset change and attempt number 2. Got Rob to say "you konami code motherf**kers" Instant win in my books and almost made me break character"
Woot more after effects

Saturday Cast
Marr was spent from night before Sam was in quick recovery, Make a trip out to gather things and caffeine
Time to go set up the spider mod.... everything is good going over the many rules that I had done up and inform cast of roles of the spiders during each part of the fight.
NO CAST MANA. time for a control jog back since players are kinda on there way and wanted them to come across it and starting without a hold being called.
It was a blur... I toss a lot of balls around Everything seem to work out well is kind of a tug of war and the spiders were never really ahead but put up a good fight but half way through
That Sun tried to kill us All
Well done players you guys dealt with it and there was some creative ideas I can say keep trying things there is more to find out.
I will gave to shoutout to Merric though with even a small shield was still in the game batting away many spiders.

White Hellions and Echo Armory.
I wasn't really anywhere in this I was youngling spiders and couple rats so I kinda just watch the horror of Inn get beat around since all fighters left to fight Hellions instead...

Saturday Marr

My memories will continue after I get supper

Marr

Ivy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimitri Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:29 pm

Updates to follow
Thursday NIGHT
-Auction starts people tell me not to jack prices..... ok I kept my bidding mostly in the 2 digits, That being said I'm not about to let any bundle go for less the 40, so juicy.
-Finally scholar bundle comes up, Aidan got a big item its all mine.... *Glares at Merric* You're just lucky you're playing my favorite favorite fantasy class, Mage Melle fighter. <3 You killed it again this game my dude.
-Oh also I got another thing to protect me from void destruction, so I will never use it and I will be happy I have it.

Chillin, ohh look there are Hellions in the area. ok we know this song and dance lets hunt them down. (Z did a great job casting one, gets my approval for an encore)
Ahh a simple skeleton, yes this will keep the newer players busy as the bigger fighter fight a skeleton. excellent "9 Mauling, magic, silver, metal" NO effect . Fine Grapple 7... oh Grapple 20? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
You know what, the rest of the fighters can handle the hellions I'm fighting this skeleton. It tries to take Knife. WTF is this? OK, we might have to go to our last resort.....Diplomacy. So that worked, apparently. I got to do a little Hellion hunting. I LOVE Hellion hunting.
Weird Skelton explodes into light (for future reference it talked and asked for light then ate it, remember this)

Friday Morning
Wake up 7:55 its gather time, grab sword and shield, always remember my shield, no more Z incidents. Find everyone, immediately attacked by a spring bear. Look around. we can win this fight, but this is too similiar to last time. tell them to run. Dimitri does fighting retreat until joined by Z and Auron.... lol get wrecked spring bear. 1 min later I find some broken glass so I walk back to the Inn to dispose of it and come back to catch up with everyone.
I find +5 to bladed weapon damage, and some sudden clarity if I run away. interesting.
Run into 2nd spring bear. No one is around, Excellent. Spring bear dies and Dimitri walks away with a few scratches on his armor.
Dimitri walks around a bit more, then finds the new entries to town, Ludwig and Elowise, has a chat and proceeds to baby sit a spider.
I am almost at the bottom of the new path that leads to the other end of the bone yard. Suddenly hears Kez Call for Salvation..... well time to run. I find them a 5 min later at the top of the silk road, there is a spider in a tree and a weird fungus creature we saw earlier.
every one is fine, Dog is dead.... thats weird.... Auron can you check? oh Trance? good.

Friday Afternoon.  

Cards? that's weird, *brings in a Jack of Spades* "Hit or Stay" I choose Hit and am told to leave.... weird.
X occurs and Dimitri goes off the Meditate, Morty asks Questions but keeps his distance and watches
Comes back get Black Jack, ya!

Friday night
Dimitri leaves town for a bit I go OOG for a few hours, run into town and make food come back into game around the bone yard as dusk settles in. I can hear a bard in the distance... great if I yell for salvation no one will hear me. I make it to town everything is fine Then Doll faces.
The fight goes decent, but one Doll face hates Dimitri, I take 8  or so 500 Sunder attacks from him, he takes me down and I loose my light.... the last bit I needed to hold on to. Teek sees the strings
There is talk of a ritual that might help, Dimitri sits Teek down and says when this is done we can sleep. Others join, it only takes an 40 min or so and we achieve it.

Saturday morning

Saturday Afternoon
Spider mod
-down to 8 HP, and Medium poisoned, walks off front line, asks for stall, drinks stall, starts to remove bottle from lips when Rob's spider throws a hand arrow at me and puts me into bleed * runs math in head and falls over*

Saturday night
Win at Poker against, Degren, Ryn, Auron, Knife & Bikbun
More Doll faces

Sunday Morning
Win at Craps against Merric
Sweet Sweet Rest and RP
Dimitri
Dimitri

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:07 pm

Thursday
The auction was great. Just a lot of fun and tremendously successful. Thank you to everyone who took part!
Coming in as the lone skeleton and just having fun with it. Final spawn was a crawling skeleton, which was just fun to play. "Criss...cross...ap...le...sauce..." When I finally exploded, I thought I had 12 candles in me(I actually had 13). Ryn was SO excited to be making friends with monsieur skeleton.

Friday
It was pretty much all ritual watching. Which was a joy to watch. Each of the circles I could easily tell the influence of each of Champions/stand ins and I was just smiling at watching player driven major, town affecting, rituals.
Merric was an absolute tank and took all of the champions ailments, in whatever order I called out.
ALL of the champions and other were fabulous in dealing with their ritual induced ailments.
The personal moment I got between each of the Champion/stand ins as the Lords and Faerie was really neat.
Normally Teek's always telling Z to not be stupid and this weekend it was reversed with Z scolding me for being stupid. It started with the Ropen fight and ended on Sunday.
Teek decides to Astral Plane and run to hide for the evening, Z agrees.
Dollfaces ensue and Knife is a bad ass as they take out their once comrades with ease.
Teek comes back and tries to help. I end up playing Astral Plane tag with Sage's dollface and they end up, VERY SUCCESSFULLY, intimidating Teek as they towered over her WHILE ON THE PICNIC TABLES!
Again, I get scolded by Z for being a twit. Look! I just want to help, Teek's just not a fighter...it's fine. But seriously, Z has stopped fucking around and I'm pretty sure was getting ready to nail Teek's feet to the Inn floor.
Everyone is trying to figure out how to deal with the puppeteering and Dimitri finds out about what the cards are all about and sits me down to finish Solitude. I get crazy eye Ian telling me he's got two Monster drinks waiting for him to pull an all nighter if necessary. Fortunately we didn't need them.

Saturday
Crembler is answering questions during gathering and we prep for spider mod.
Spider mod. Oh the spider mod.
Starts congested, ends up spread out. I move from attacking players to giving Alex, I mean, Auron the creepy crawlies with all these spiders.
The mod goes wonderfully, everyone has a blast and cast gets back into cast cabin hot and sweaty...just in time for White Hellions.
I'm watching a certain ritual when a hopeful request is made and I go to find Z to give him a vision. I ask Grant if he's seen him and he turns around to point Z out only to be confused, "What? He was just here, I swear!" So I give Dog the vision instead.
Turns out someone was listening in on a particular conversation while I was looking for him.
Teek comes in to gather people for poker, only to start out VERY lost in the woods. So I decide to call out for Z, for help.
Kez responds and I'm immediately reminded why CALLING for Z wasn't a super smart idea. I'd love to know how he'd respond in the woods.
Teek is found and shown the way out.
I gather everyone for poker and away they go.
During all of this Ryn is having her...discussion with Marr and she didn't get severely injured or maimed, so success!
Teek gets reminded about the strings and I start doing laps around the building, rambling to myself about what to do.
I catch that Vanilla is about to leave and desperation sends me to him, despite a distinct lack of actual desire to do so.
I end up with direction and confusion and so off I go to meditate!
I dollface away, while waiting to be told when Dimitri gets controlled as Teek will have noticed.
He does and I come running into the inn to find him unconscious on the floor. I start the mind meld and pray.
Every single mind meld I did the decision of success was put into the players hands and not one player went for the immediate out. It was great.
Have I mentioned Z was adorable? And just an excellent person for Teek? Cause he was.
I stop Tony before he left and gave him his surprise. His reaction was so genuine and sweet.
I end up going to bed before the crazies final attempt at Dollface shenanigans.

Sunday
Salty craps! Dimitri wins! Congratulations on your very own tub of pickle flavoured cotton candy!
The flavour...she stayed, like a bad case of the fleas.
Teek realizes that she might have to stay longer and as I'm discussing this with Auron, Z comes into the conversation and starts writing on the blackboard, "Tommorow me, Teek and Degren are going to Souls Landing." I realize what he's writing and start to cut him off before Z gives Teek a look of loving death. We are going to Souls Landing, yes sir, sorry sir, thank you sir.
Games called and it was a blast!

Thank you to all!
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:22 pm

This game was June 30 - July 3

As many notes as I'm able to write down about game. AKA "What do i even remember now oh god" in no particular order

- Starting off with this because of how true it is: Every single new player did an AMAZING job this weekend. Amanda, Chris, Joey, and Spencer were AWESOME to have at game, and I really hope y'all come back. Can't quite believe Amanda and Chris joined on a like, couple hour notice.
- Every interaction I had with you guys was fun and warm. Teaching Alchemy 1, Playing Crib, talking about deaths, talking about learning to read and see ghosts, and just generally having you guys around was perfect.

- The auction was a lot of fun!! The He-Man bundle got me absolutely exactly what I wanted it to and ohhhhh boy what a different game it would have been without it.

- Hiding my stash in the Gazebo and CONSTANTLY checking on it. Therefore panicking when it was just straight up lost.
- Z listening in on a very private conversation that Kez and Bikbun were having about the nature of how fucked they were. Holy shit Marcus can be quiet when he wants to be.
- Having to admit to Theo that Kez is an addict in order to get back his drugs.
- Losing the damn drugs ALL THE TIME even though I was practically holding them in my hands the entire time.
- Losing the drugs directly before training Val in fire magic, leading to a really sporadic training regime, and Kez being all over the place way more than he normally was. Poor guy.

- Jaya not being in town so... I guess I'll be setting the circle! Okay, no biggie, I can do a ritual!
   - Seeing Auron's ritual almost go completely and horribly wrong, and getting seriously cold feet about it.
   - "So uh, if I have to talk to Lord Fire, how fucked am I?" "Prepare for death." "Ooooooookay. Do I have to?" "Yes." "Fuck."
   - Having to change the place where I WANTED the circle to go, because the ritual probably would not have physically worked there. MFW we could have changed the ritual so it would have worked. NBD tho, I like the new spot.
   - Setting up candles and stones around the firepit to make it more circle-y made it feel more like home. Plus it's easier to get to.
   - Starting the ritual and doing a practice run were fine, but placing the first mana to set it in action? I was SHITTING myself. But seeing Sharon so excited when I put the mana in the "cups" of the candles was reassuring as hell.
   - "From the spark to the flame to the blaze to the inferno, with fire we give warmth to the circle"
   - Having to explain to Lord Fire that uh, no, I'm not your champion yet, but I sure would like to be! Jaya's out of town, she said this was fine btw lol.
   - The ritual ending, and kez being naked AND afraid. also really fucking cold lol. Alt: "Strip! Strip! Strip!" and I did.
       - air slows is a really powerful spell. fml.
       - also it was so hot out all game and pretending to be cold is so hard when you're sweating your ass off.

- The ropin fight was nuts. I hate ropin. So hard to fight.
- What I DO like is drugs though. Grapple 19 here we come babeyyyyy
- Not sure we were teeeechnically able to KB the ropin when I had them grappled, but like,,, whatever. Cast allowed it at the time, let's just not try again.
- MULTIPLE people asking Kez if he was okay while he was angry as fuck bc of Kickstart. Technically he was not fine, but y'know.

- Got my LOTD!! Hooooly shit.
- Sitting around with Dave for an hour, going through the five stages of grief. Thanks for the water buddy.
- Hearing birthday celebrations while bleeding out like laughter! Fun! Death 20 feet away!
- Sharon being so, SO kind about a weird IG/OOG issue regarding my would-be death. It was an amazing improvised call that was incredibly fair and a good compromise.
- Hearing "KEZ IS IN DANGER" after an hour of waiting was... so heartening. This was immediately crushed by everyone sprinting past me.
- Sorry Fayt, I can't hear your voice while being digested.
- Lexicus actually finding the snake and calling everyone to it after running up late was dope. Z calling for 56 wood was fucking dope.
- Surviving was fucking DOPE.

- Dollfaces 2 nights in a row. Holy shit.
- I actually don't have a ton to say about this fight, except that a five count to swing a sword only for 1 damage is kinda hilarious. Rob liked it too, which made me feel cool as hell.
- The second night, I really really REALLY wanted to fight, so I took away the 1 damage due to Adam missing out, and Kez kinda... internalizing the emptiness. What a wicked fight.
- Water freezes is a nuts spell. Holy shit.

- Dollface trip! Thought I was a placeholder for someone else, and then BAM I'm vwooshed away into hell. This was a cool as hell experience.
- Thank you Sam for offering for me to make the "coming back" call when we reappeared. That was super cool of you.

- Taking another Kickstart the morning after dollface trip burnout, with Kez hoping to at least get a LITTLE stronger. Nada.
- Basically goading Gull into letting me drink Kickstart. "Yes or no: yes, I won't be myself for a little while but it could fix this, and no, we'll never know." "Yes?" "Dope." and chugging it.
- Kickstart makes Kez really pissed lol. "You really aren't yourself" "No shit Gull, you're mute, not blind."
- Jake is so damn good at RP. Looking for some kind of outlet, Kez asked the Arluru Shaman to spar with him a bit, but to let him win. The shaman kept calling Grapple 5, with Kez at Grapple 1. Kez was PISSED, screaming and trying his damned hardest to grapple as strong as he could with no avail. Getting pinned to the ground, sobbing, trying to get up. Getting thrown around and having to roll out of it to avoid faceplanting.
- Finally being allowed to pin the Shaman, and it being completely unsatisfying.
- An intervention occurs. Drugs are handed out in secret while the intervention is happening.

- My Boy was chilly all game, and Merric had it ROUGH for being the conduit of power, stealing spells from the circles to resurrect us after the rituals. All 4 disadvantages of the Champion Aftereffects.
- Being able to Fire Strikes myself to heal was pretty damn cool tho.

- The mushroom mod was dope as hell. Being enthralled, and then convincing other people to get enthralled? Cool as shit.
- Auron was way too cautious about it, so a little Grapple 12 was enough to convince him to get enthralled too lol.
- I forget Exactly how the fight with it started, but I was unconscious for most of it. Auron was doing AMAZING skirmish work, and when the mushroom medium poisoned me, did very well at antidoting me... except I forgot that it gets rid of sleep too. So I stayed unconscious for the 10 mins. FML.
- Anyways, Marr's player as a spider coming along and me realizing that we were kinda fucked, he webs my arms and I try so hard to bat him away with my sword. I scream salvation as loud as I damn can, which, I like to think is pretty loud, and then he webs my legs and knocks me out.
- I thank every star every single day that I was loud enough, and that I fucking remember to call salvation. That people were in the woods!! Either way, Dimitri, Knife, and a couple others come down to save us. Thank god.

Last edited by Kez Shiras on Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Thursday
-Highest single bidders on any auction so far, great enthusiasm
-"Maybe I'll stay up til 12:30" *12:20* "We need to go Hellion hunting!" Me and Talia look at eachother like "yeah we're just gonna go to bed"

Friday
-Shroomba shows up after gathering so I get out and go to read my beastiary notes on it. I go back in with an unarmed Knife to convey what I have read. No one to be seen. We call "AaA" a couple times and there is no response. A couple seconds later we hear someone screaming salvation on the silk road!! So we run and yell to get help
-The ropen. Collective "Mooortyyy!!!! Nooooo"
-Damn we really had to go around that circle a lot huh
-The pendulum!
-*Pouts* "Was Theo's childhood any better than mine?" *reveals card* "Yes."
-Asked the pendulum if there would be dollfaces; "yes". Auron unknowingly asks again; "stop asking"

Saturday
-Shield Tower
-Dave and I making eye contact everytime spirals are mentioned. I know Rob has read it. I know you read it Rob.
-Spider incident alchemy panic
-"Val told me not to come back unless I brought vitriol" "Well I guess you're staying here"
-Could not get anyone to take a hint that I could change into Taka
-Echo armories playing whack-a-mole in the inn
-"I couldn't convince you to do dishes right now, could I?" "You know actually, there's nothing I'd rather do right now."
-Just peacefully washing dishes while the newbie gets killing blowed.
-A super secret ritual that got substantially less secret as we realized the logistics behind a location. Any privacy maintained was through death threats, but we managed
-Malva brewing, Rosco meditating. Degren comes back with cake; "you know you guys could just go get some."
Well, thanks Auron, at least
-Poor Haji just trying to find some psychic training
-Super cool empathetic heal and dodge roll away from a falling comrade.
-Get frozen crawling back from a dollface, end up frozen lying down with all of my limbs raised and sword outstretched and decide to commit to just see how long I can hold the pose. Certainly no one was confused about my frozen status.
-I think cast is getting revenge for every bandit we've ever tied up and left in the inn
-Yeah maybe I taught them empathic healing, but it sounds like that was a free kill
-Fun environmental fight when a dollface was backed up against the ramp and we could fight it from behind

Sunday
-So much brewing
-I'm not that concerned about the addictions, but the rate at which they are popping is starting to make me think this could spiral out of control
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:44 pm

thursday night:
-sick grab bag at the auction!
-watching sharon's skeleton get the zoomies brought me so much joy

friday:
-fuckin ropin.
-rudi finally tells dog about the field trip. it goes only nearly as bad as anticipated. rp about loss and family and caring a bit too much. rosco is given something very important. i hold it in sheer terror that i will lose it.
-circle stuff, not a big thing for rosco so he goes to bed. turns out i missed val literally giving up everything at the fairie ring so, that sucks.
-up in time to watch one! follow ryn to the woods, only half realizing it's the fire circle when she mentions she's worried about kez
-watching it in abject terror, despite teek's warning that it will probably go "pffff".
-literally rosco's worst fear comes true as he watches kez get swallowed by flames so....thats fun. keeps "calm" and out of the ritual though and everything goes okay. give kez a little daisy to remind him he's the best.
-water circle. i almost dont go, but im curious and curiosity always wins
-why is this so far away from town?
-WHY IS THIS SO FAR AWAY FROM TOWN?
-Get bored part way through. Turn around to walk back to Holdfast. "surely it is safe!" Immediately run into a spider.
-it is fine. between me, morty, lexi and fayt we manage to kill it. and by that i mean lexicus kills it with help from fayt. i think. i was too busy cutting myself out of a web to help.
-try to leave again. i forget the way out but if i go up i will surely hit holdfast at some point.
-walking, walking, walking. thinking "im a bit lost, i'll walk a bit more and then turn to walk back to the chanting."
-the chanting stops. i am very, horrendously lost.
-mild oog panic attack as i try to navigate my way out of the woods, wondering if my poor search and rescue volunteer of a father will end up looking for his only child dressed as a halfling in the woods in carbonear.
-fire circle! i am saved!
-getting back to town right as people were heading out to look for me. whoops.

friday night:
-dollfaces! hee hoo
-malice is a godsend
-get my light drained for the first? second time? it happens two more times over the weekend. im starting to lose count.
-there was something wrong about watching knife on the floor with no limbs, but yet it was so, so funny.
-try to participate in a field trip but dog recalls our earlier conversation and grapple 3s me into a very tight hug so i cant move. how sweet (im going to punch him).

saturday
-spider mod before noon. that's a tough one. call for all possible stalls and antidotes. i dont have rat claws, but i do have an amount of blood. enjoy.
-more malice (:
-downnto the boneyard to medic.
-i get terribly, terribly lost again.
-medicing in the terrible heat but having so much fun regardless. leeches got a good feed and the amulet, as always, got some good milage.
-get back, spend some time chilling before we all realize zilliana is missing.
-dog goes, as do dimirti and airel. they'll be fine im sure.
-one hour passes. hour and a half. i see dog's player come back oog. fuck.
-get antsy so i go to orianna's tree to meditate. i apologize to her again and ask her not to haunt the earth circle.
-try to nap. watch dog's player get into cast blacks. i am no longer napping.
-try to go back to orianna's tree but earth circle things are happening. head down the silk road instead and get about half way before i remember there are 200 baby spiders in the woods so i /probably/ shouldn't go alone.
-run into two itty baby spiders on the way back up. they're so cute i almost dont want to kill them (i do)
-get back to the inn once again right as they're organizing a search party for me. me, lexi, rudi and eloise head to find our friends at the bone yard.
-our friends are fine! hurrah!
-walking back; "it's weird we haven't seen the brute hellions they warned about yet."
-found them!
-go astral. panic because they can SEE ASTRAL. drop astral. go astral again because they cant HIT astral. big brain moment.
-run into town yelling, trying to warn people. walk right into an armory fight.
-have fun tag teaming dog's player's armory with z. beat the shit out of one of my oog favourite people.
-"i cant take him seriously, he would just get sad if he killed me" (one minute later) "KILLING BLOW ONE.....KILLING BLOW TWO.....KILLING BLOW THREE...."
-dog glues his hand to roscos in the name of a prank. we both use it as an excuse to nap considering there is NO VITRIOL ANYWHERE IN TOWN.

saturday night
-stuck between a dollface and a hard place (another dollface. i am trapped on the ramp.)
-wack a mole with z. then with dog.
-some really strangly emotional bits in the rp with dog, but mostly just laughter when he wakes up complaining about his shoes being untied.
-everything feels kind of hopeless, and thats not from the light draining. rosco isn't sure we'll survive the night.
-teek shows up. a slight bit of desperation may slip out when i tell her that i dont think we can do it.
-try to go on another dollface trip. get all the way this time and find jack shit.
-more rp with dog while he gets mad at me for doing dumb things. i deserved it this time.

sunday
-wake up to a pile of new information and a lot of burnt out friends. holdfast is a bit happier in the light of day regardless.
-feed the slime time (spring bear blood)
-meet a new arulu. befriend new arulu. shaman shows parental love to a silly halfling who needs it most.
-....then beats the shit out of him in the field, all in the name of training.
-really amazing conversations with the shaman and just the slightest teaser for whats to come in september.
-my favourite game tradition is never telling the new players we bring what happens when game is called.
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:54 am

Thursday
- Auction time! Unfortunately, I had to pay rent this year so no big items for me (like I’d remember to use them anyway, tbh). I got a FUCKING RADIANT out of the grab bag though so like, worth it. No idea what Rudi is going to spend it on.
- Black hellions AND a fucked up light stealing skeleton? Truly, we are blessed. It chasing Knife was the highlight of my evening, truly. \

Friday
- I slept in, so no morning gathers for me. It’s not like there’s much out there for Rudi anyway, besides psychic states.
- The cards! The mental image of finder a spider friggin… holding one was very very funny.
- All day was spent just, waiting for the circles to be put back so I could finally talk to Dog about something.
- Tala!!!! God, I loved that lil ritual even if it was uh… interrupted a lot. Maybe should’ve gone further than the Earth Circle, but alas. Sometimes a ritual means eating bread with a friend for 20 mins.
- Finally, FINALLY, the circles being put up. Highlights: yelling for Kez to strip. Lowlights: everyone getting fucked up.
- Really enjoyed being part of big, important rituals tho. Highlight of game for me for sure.
- Rudi finally talks to Dog about the Nullasia field trip. The conversation started bad, but I think it got better, maybe. Rudi did not think so and thus she was worried she fucked up so bad there’s no fixing it until Dog gave her an Air Defends on that night.
- Dollfaces! God, I love our lights. Medic-ing in the inn becomes hard when there are also enemies in the inn.
- Rosco being told no, he cannot put his hands in a Dollface. It leads to Drama.

Saturday
- No gathering yet again, for I am lazy and my bones are weary.
- We do go for a walk in the woods just before lunch and find the infamous spider nest. Deciding to fuck with it means Rudi goes back for help (and her surgical kit). A second trip is needed for the surgical sheet but I LOVE the ruling that I can do surgery anywhere the sheet can be laid down. Love doing battlefield surgery so v much.
- Fucking SPRINTING from the baby spiders into the woods bc the path was blocked by people. Thinking Auron was going to burn down the whole forest with my surgical kit in it.
- After the spider mod going OOG for a bit for a much-needed lay down. I thought Matai-Vasa was today, but it all worked out since I needed to lay down for a bit anyway to stave off migraine.
- On the way "Hey I can deal with Hellions", on the way back, seeing the hellions OOG. Ohno.png. I'm never getting use out of the repel, truly.
- Oops a newbie died. Fun times all around.
- Dog getting the psychic vision of Kez being in danger meant for Z. We saved him, it’s all good.
- Poker!! I did not participate at all, tbh, but poker!
- Rosco pulling Rudi aside and asking her to do a thing, which she did not agree to, then walking away before she can tell him no. (I love Rosco's player nonetheless). Leads to a bit of RP with Gull later. Even though he's mute.
- The dollfaces and my suffering are both never ending. Ended up having fairly emotional rp when Teek fixed the puppets though, so that was nice.  
- Yet another mcfucked field trip into a Dollface with Marr, this time they did two!! And hoh boi were those. Interesting.

Sunday
- Finally, I was able to bring Sean in again!!! Dmitri told him he’s a rat bastard immediately. Perfect. This character was made to be hated, actually. (Not so much, of course, that he gets killed, but the gossip man was not created to be popular.)
- Matai-Vasa!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other shaman!!!! Rudi and Dog run off to do ritual 2: electric boogaloo, we howl with him, good time. Then he kicks the shit out of Rosco. THEN Tala reappears and they both talk in vague terms about having bad feelings and yknow. Maybe bug people being around. Ndb. Not traumatizing at all, actually.
- I would die for either shaman. They call Rudi a cub despite the fact that she is, in fact, older than them and also an adult in pack terms. (Fun fact that the pack is all teenagers except for Rudi and Dog.)
- That pickle cotton candy was actually good. Which is weird, because I don’t even like pickles.

All in all, good game and I truly enjoyed having all the newbies around. Wild ride!
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:30 am

Random memory: Asking Crembler about everything we got in our grab bags. Random fetus "I found it in the woods" Scale from a creature that only exists on the tallest spires of the Dragonspire mountains "It was just in the woods, idk"
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down