Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today, Dog...

4 posters

Go down

Today, Dog... Empty Today, Dog...

Post by Dog Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:50 am

(These posts are asynchronous and deliberately nonspecific, to account for any ig/oog time discrepancies.)

Today, Dog visits the Faerie Ring. It's the day after the heaviest snowfall of the winter season so far, and he's eager to clean the place up a little. He spends some time clearing snow off the path to the left of the citadel towards the ring, but most of his attention today is dedicated to the ring itself. He brushes the heavy snowfall off of it's resting place, clearing around the base of the Faerie Tree as well.

When he's satisfied with his work, he spends some time just meditating by the ring. It's just dormant, he knows, but still. Being cut off like this isn't fun.

He sighs, stands, and leaves an air mana at the base of the ring. It's not a 'prayer' like they usually are, but he hopes that Faerie can still at least appreciate the effort.

And with that, he heads back to the inn.

(Air mana donated: +1 [1 total])

Dog

Z and Rook like this post

Back to top Go down

Today, Dog... Empty Re: Today, Dog...

Post by Dog Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:26 pm

Today, Dog spends some time helping out in the kitchen, chopping vegetables and cutting meat. He also collects a bucket (or pot, or bowl, or cauldron, or whatever) of food scraps for compost, spreading it in and around the earth of the Faerie Tree when he's done helping with the meal.

He also spends some time tending to the Ring, making sure that there aren't any bugs or diseases affecting the mushrooms that grow around it.

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:46 pm

Today, Dog stops by the Air Circle on his way back from a short walk through the woods, sitting at the circle to pray.

"Hi Lord Air! I just wanted to stop by. I don't think I really have much specifically to pray to you about, but I could always use guidance and support. It's nice to know you're up there.

I hope I've been a good apprentice so far. Teaching people Air magic has been really fun! I love getting to share the freedom and safety that I feel when I'm sitting here.

I'm gonna keep doing my best. Thank you."

He leaves a small handful of air mana at the Circle, before heading again to the Faerie Ring. He sits in silence next to it for some time, leaning against a tree.

After a while, he stands, and brushes the dirt off his pants, heading back to the inn.

(Faerie Ring donations: 1 Air
Air Circle donations: +3 Air)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:09 pm

Today, Dog is resting by the Faerie Ring (as he often does, these days) when his ears perk up, as if listening for something. He appears struck with a burst of inspiration as he hurries back into the inn (pausing to nod respectfully to the Faerie Ring before he leaves) before grabbing his notebook and writing furiously. He doesn't look in any distress, but he's clearly found a new project and has started working on it with gusto.

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:37 pm

Today, Dog finally feels satisfied with the first draft of his project. He's been hard at work writing in his journal over the past while, but he puts his pen down after supper, closing the small book. He's nowhere near done, he knows that; he still has to get tools and supplies first, and the actual construction is going to be some work. But now he at least knows what he's going to put in it.

He stops at both the Air Circle and Faerie Ring while he takes a break from working to go on a short walk. He leaves a couple mana at each location, offering a short prayer.

"Hi Lord Air. The cold breeze is nice today. It's comforting to always feel your presence around me.

Thank you."

He bows his head for some time, and walks off.

"Hi Faerie. I don't even really know if you can hear me. If you can get the mana or not. But I hope you can at least see that I'm trying. I'm gonna keep taking care of the ring this winter, even if it's dormant. At the very least it'll be nice for when it comes back.

Thank you for everything you're doing for me and my friends and family."

Once again, he pauses for a short while. Before heading off he clears the snow off of the Faerie Ring, cutting his palm and leaving a small offering of that as well. He'll get Rosco to patch him up in a minute.

He wraps his hand in a bandage before continuing his walk, eventually settling back into the inn for a quiet night.

(Faerie Ring: 1 Air + 2 Air = 3 total
+ 5 units of blood = 5 total

Air Circle 3 Air + 2 Air = 5 total)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:24 pm

Today, Dog does some grunt work and physical maintenance on and around the Faerie Ring. Pulling up weeds, clearing rocks, and doing other various miscellaneous tasks to both make the spot more presentable, as well as more habitable for the mushroom growth of the Faerie Ring. He spends a similar amount of time doing similar tasks around the Faerie Tree as well, going back and forth from the inn carrying a small smith's bucket of clean water to water the tree with.

He meditates at the Ring briefly, but doesn't have any specific prayer to offer.

When he's satisfied, he'll head off to the Air Circle, laying some mana into the Circle as an offering to Lord Air, before doing some work there as well, tidying it up. It doesn't need the same specifics of care that the Ring does (there's nothing growing that needs to be tended to, for example), but he still clears the place up a little bit.

(Air Circle 5 Air + 2 = 7 total)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:28 pm

Today, Rosco goes with Dog. The couple walk hand in hand to the Faerie Ring, parting once they reach the mound of dirt so Rosco can climb to the top. He sits cross-legged, staring down to where the circle once was and sighs. For a moment he feels...silly, knowing no one can hear. But he remembers how silly he felt the first time he prayed, too, even when he knew there was someone listening.

He glances to Dog for reassurance, before looking back where the ring should be.

"I don't have much to offer..but I feel like I say that all the time," he doesn't seem to know if he's saying that to faerie or to Dog. It takes another beat for him to gather the courage to be more direct. "Thank you, for the things you have done for all of us here. I hope that when you come back you will be able to feel the love we've put out there in your absence. Lexicus has been doing well, when he's not in town he's made sure we are safe and that your spot is well tended. Thank you for trusting him. I trust him. It's nice to know that someone I trust is working as faerie apprentice."

That seems to launch him into a tangent as his apprehensions melt away. Rosco raves about the growth he has seen in Lexicus over the last three years, about how he was ready to protect the fae during the Godo fight at any cost, how that continues now in any fight coming to town - though Rosco is thankful no one has targeted the fae quite like that again. He talks about how Lexicus faced his phobia in the ritual to help Kez and how he has never hesitated to share resources.

That turns into talking about how thankful he is for Dog and his big heart and how he's definitely not saying that just because he's in love with him! But also because he cares so much about the whole town. He compliments Lilly on how she introduced him to true found family and proved to him that the fae are meant to support each other, about how she always lends resources for way less than they're worth, just because she knows he's struggling for funds. He's thankful that Drix always compliments him and helps him work through his stress, always makes sure he is guarded, even when he may not think he needs it. He talks about how Ceridwynn was trying to save him from Avalon some months ago, about how Kez means well even when he doesn't seem like it and how worried he is that he will never be himself again. Mostly Rosco talks about how all of them manage to make him feel the safest he has in almost a decade, even with all the danger of Holdfast.

It's a tangent that lasts for nearly a full five minutes. Dog is sitting in silence through it all, and when Rosco looks up, he is grinning from ear to ear, his tail wagging just enough that he could blame it on the breeze.

"Shut up," he gives a playful nudge, before setting down some flora where the circle should be.

[Donated; White Nightshade, Dragonflower]
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Z, Dog and Rook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:12 pm

Today, Dog eats his meals at the Faerie Ring, snacks included. He makes several stops over the course of the day, sitting in quiet peace as he chows down on whatever the kitchen has made for the day plus whatever he's personally got.

It brings him some comfort to be near the Ring, sharing in his meals. He lays a modest portion of each down at the Ring as an offering--small things here and there--a breakfast sausage, some ham at lunch, etc. If nothing else, at least the forest will reclaim the nutrients.

He idly traces the shapes of the trees and stones with his fingers as he eats, tapping patterns onto them absent-mindedly. He wonders when the Ring will come back. He hopes soon. He knows probably not.

He hopes anyways.

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm

Today, Dog walks with purpose towards the Air Circle. He's been spending a lot of time near the Faerie Ring, but he doesn't in any capacity want to abandon his duties as Air Apprentice.

He does a couple laps of the Circle, first, stepping rhythmically around the perimeter. He whispers the words to the Circle ritual to himself, doing the hand movements as well.

"From the breeze, to the gust, to the gale, to the whirlwind, the Air will grant breath to the Circle."

He performs a few repetitions, before sitting cross-legged at the Circle, laying his sword in the center.

"Hi Lord Air. I wanted to say thank you. For lots of things, but this time for the sword specifically. It's been serving me really well so far. It's practically weightless! Knowing its past, knowing what Auron has done with it, knowing what it represents, I just... I really appreciate wielding it. I appreciate being trusted with it. I appreciate being trusted with all my duties. I'm always going to do my best to protect and respect the Circle.

I'm worried I'll fail you. I can guarantee I'm at least going to make some mistakes along the way. All I ask is that you know I'm trying. Even if things go wrong, I promise I'm always trying.

I wanted to give you this as thanks. I don't really know what happens, specifically, to the mana that we donate to the Circles, but I know it's good for the land.

Thank you, again. For everything."

With that, he leaves a sizable pile of mana at the Circle, and stands, heading off, taking his sword with him.

(Air Circle: 7 Air + 10 = 17 total)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:59 pm

Today, Dog treks down to the Faerie Ring shortly after lunch, foregoing an afternoon nap. Instead, he uses the downtime to sit in comfortable quiet by the Ring. A few times it almost looks like he's going to say or do something, but he seems to think better of it, choosing not to break the silence and ruin the moment.

He's eventually called away to something, some kind of inane hijinks that's standard fare for Holdfast. He's smiling to himself when he stands, though; he loves it here.

He mutters a quick "Thank you" to the Ring as he leaves, gently placing down a couple Air Mana.

(Faerie Ring: 3 Air + 2 = 5 total
5 blood)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:12 pm

Today, Dog does some training by the Ring. Pushups and situps, primarily. He's careful not to disturb the Ring itself too much, placing himself near enough that he's by the ring, but far enough away that he's not going to break or damage anything by accident.

He spends a good chunk of time there just working out, and by the end of it is panting heavily and is clearly out of breath. He's definitely got to do this more often; it's easy to fall out of routine over the winter months.

It takes him a second of recovery, but he's then hit with an idea--he takes a small cloth he brought with him to wipe himself down, and he wrings it out at the Faerie Ring, as a donation along with some mana.

"Hi Faerie. I don't know how much this actually counts, but I figured with Smith sweat being an alchemical ingredient, it's probably a worthwhile thing to sacrifice to the Ring. Even if it's just a small amount.

I hope you're doing okay out there. It feels a bit silly for me, just a guy, to be hoping that you, a God, is doing okay, but... I do. I hope I'm helping.

I'll be by again soon."

(Faerie Ring: 5 Air + 3 = 8 total
5 blood
+ 2 units of Trained Smith's Sweat = 2 total)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Today, Dog and Rosco head to the Faerie Ring together. They spend their time together in quiet happiness, content to simply sit next to one another and lean on eachother.

In terms of 'getting away from it all', the moment is perfect; the day is unusually warm, and the light breeze is nothing but pleasant. The couple spends a good while at the Ring, eventually breaking the silence to talk casually between eachother--about their days, breakfast, etc.

Dog eventually stands, brushing the grass off his legs and holding a hand out to Rosco, helping him off the ground as well.

He bows his head in respect to the ring, and the duo heads back to the inn.

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:32 pm

Today, Dog does more snow clearing and general tidying up around both the Faerie Ring and Air Circle.  There's a bit of weather today, so he makes the trip out to clean them both up a couple of times each.

On one such trip, he pauses at the Faerie Ring to say a few words.

"Hi Faerie. I finally have all the stuff for that project! I'm going to start working on it soon. Today, hopefully! I havent done anything like this before, so it'll definitely be a learning experience. I hope you like it!

I hope you're doing alright up there. I know you're still, like, around, but... it's definitely not pleasant, to be cut off like we are. I've heard there's something up with the Ring in Tor'Jadin, as well? I hope that gets resolved quickly as well. I don't know if there's much I could actually do to help, but I'm thinking about using my scrying bowl to take a look. There was a ghost who jumped through it a while ago, so I wonder if I could try donating some mana long-distance. I'll talk to Lexicus or something.

Anyways! I'm still keeping you in my heart and mind, as I hope I am in yours. All the Fae here in town are thinking about you, I'm sure.

Thank you again for everything you've done for me and my loved ones."

He leaves a handful of mana at the Ring, and gets back to work cleaning up around the place.

Eventually he makes a similar stop at the Air Circle on one of his trips out to it.

"Hi Lord Air! Lots of snow today. I can feel you in the wind. I've really grown to appreciate the lowercase-a air in ways I haven't before, (not to mention the uppercase-a Air, as well). There's something to be said about really taking time to exist in the present moment, and the way the air feels through my fur is a big part of that. I always know you're with me.

Still doing my best! I hope you appreciate the work I've been putting in.

Thank you for everything. I'll be back here again soon enough, I'm sure."

Another handful of mana, another couple scoops of snow, and Dog considers that a job well done. Time to get out of the cold and back into the inn for a well-deserved rest.

(Faerie Ring: 8 Air + 3 = 11 total
5 blood
2 smith's sweat

Air Circle: 17 Air + 3 = 20 total)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:00 pm

Rosco doesn't go to the ring nearly as much as he should, but after their first visit he's more inclined to venture to the woods with Dog. This time the couple sit in Rosco's favourite spot on the hill, and Rosco asks again about the bard in the red hat. He remarks on how beautiful his voice is and how kind he is for asking about his medical experiments - mishaps and all.

Dog gets quiet, it's not hard to recognize when he's upset and Rosco asks what's wrong. For the first time in a few weeks he decides to tell Rosco all about the friend who was. He directs him to an old journal entry that sparks a migraine, but Rosco wants - needs - to keep reading.

*You keep his bard mark. Not because you want it enchanted, but because it reminds you of him. You hold a piece of your friend close - that bell, on your mana bag right there. Hold it. Try to remember. You don't want to forget him.*

By the time he finishes he can barely think straight. His head throbs, the sunlight suddenly blindingly bright against the snow. He starts crying, hyperventilating sobs that remind Dog why they stopped telling him.

He looks down at the spot where the faerie ring was. "...Please, I know it's a lot to ask of you right now. But please help me. I'm scared."

Dog pulls him close and the couple sit like that for awhile. Dog's fur keeps him warm, though he's too upset to think about the cold at all.

By the time they stand up to leave, Rosco has forgotten again.
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Z, Dog and Rook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:30 pm

Today, Dog heads to the Faerie Ring clutching a small piece of paper. When he sits in front of the ring to pray, he unfolds it.

"Hi Faerie! This is gonna be in a bit of a different format this time. I got some help! I think technically this originated as a NOSian prayer style, but Gull says it works fine like this, too.

'All-seeing Faerie, you watch over all your children throughout the planes. Keep your eye upon me that you might witness the deeds I do in your name. Through your power, so may it be.'

'Faerie of Many Faces, you have power over all things. Grant me a fraction of your strength so that I may rise above what I once was. By your will, so may it be.'

'Faerie, Lord of the Mists, you bring comfort and safety to all Fae. Guide me so that I may also be a beacon of light and hope to my Fae brothers and sisters. With your help, so may it be.'

Thank you."

He leaves a mana at the Ring after each prayer, whispering them in sequence with his head bowed. Eventually he stands, and makes his way to the Air Circle.

"Hi Lord Air! I got some help from my friend Gull with these, if you notice that they're a little different. Don't want to take undue credit!

'Lord Air, I thank you for placing your trust in me as your apprentice. Grant me a discerning mind, steadfast heart, and tireless body so that I might honour that trust through zealous service. If it is your will, may it be so with me.'

'Lord Air, the breath you give is life. Ward away the blades of my foes that I might live to defend your circle. In the name of the elements, let it be so.'

'Lord of clear skies, your breath lifts fog and dismisses clouds. Clear away everything that fogs and clouds my understanding that I might see the path you set before me. By your will, may it be.'

Thank you."

Once again, he donates a mana to the Circle in tandem with each prayer, standing to head back to the inn and continue with whatever he had planned for the day when he's done.

(Faerie Ring: 11 Air + 3 = 14 total
5 blood
2 smith's sweat

Air Circle: 20 Air + 3 = 23 total)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:35 pm

Today, Dog accompanies Merric on his trip to all four elemental circles.

He does his best to be respectful and professional when they're at the circles themselves, but he can't help cracking jokes and making bits while just on the walk down.

"Hi Lord Water! We don't talk a whole lot, but I do want you to know I still appreciate everything you do. Lots of people here in town use your magic, and I'm really grateful for it. Untaints especially is an awesome spell. Thank you."

The trip continues; dog doesn't often head down to the Water Circle, but he's been there often enough that he does in fact know the way back.

Fire is next up;

"Hi Lord Fire! I want to both say thank you for watching out for me and my friends, and also make a small request. Kez is going through some stuff right now that we're not sure how to deal with; could you give him a little bit of extra attention just for right now? I think he could use the help. Thank you."

On and on they go. Dog convinces Merric to stop by the Faerie Ring quickly on the trip--sure, he's human, but Earth is next and the Faerie Ring isn't even really a detour, if you're going from Fire to Earth.

"Hi Faerie! I'm going to be teaching Ceridwynn some stuff about Mist Ecology soon. I'm excited! I like sharing things with my friends. Teaching people about Fae stuff and Mists things is good regardless, too.

I'm still thinking of you. Thank you."

And on to Earth;

"Hi Lord Earth! I'm the Air Apprentice, but that doesn't mean we can't be allies. Merric, actually, put it really well for me one time; when Fire and Water interact, they clash, but when Air and Earth interact, they just sort of... don't interact. My being beholden to the opposite element doesn't cancel out how much I appreciate you and your magics. I want you to know I respect you, deeply. Thank you."

And, to round out the trip, a final stop at the Air Circle.

"Hi Lord Air! I'm still keeping you at the forefront of my mind. Sometimes things can be scary, but it's always a relief to know you're up there watching over me. I hope I'm being a good apprentice so far.

Thank you."

With that, the duo heads back to the inn.

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:13 pm

Today, Rudi heads down to the Faerie ring with Dog as he does his morning prayer. She breathes in the cold, winter air and thinks about how grateful she is to be reunited with him again.

The journey with Rook and Theo would've been hard on it's own, but the choice to leave her new family, her new pack, was a hard one tinged with sadness. Even if Rook needed her. She was happy to be back. She smiles at Dog, lost in nostalgic thought. Rudi hadn't imagined this, all those years ago. But she wouldn't trade it now: air apprentice, having found love, having found a home. All the things she wanted for him.

Her thoughts drifted about Drixar.. and about Ally, tinged with similar pride and love. She hoped her newest daughter was alright. Rudi sat, hands in a silent prayer to join in with Dog.

'Thank you, for keeping my family safe. In the past, I wouldn't have trusted you with it, but perhaps you're worthy of trust. Maybe you lead my son back to me, after all this time. Either way. Thank you for keeping my children safe while I've been gone. Thank you for giving Dog a guiding hand. Thank you for making sure Drixar didn't do anything too foolish. Thank you for sheltering Ally. I hope you recover your circle soon.'

She comes out of her silent prayer and, eventually, trots back to the inn as Dog wanders off to the air circle.
Rudi
Rudi

Dog and Rook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:18 am

Today, Dog seems distracted when he heads to the Faerie Ring. He's lost in thought, and when he gets to the Ring to do more of his usual snow clearing, he's somehow almost more somber than usual.

The work seems to distract him, though, and he eventually settles into a rhythm. When he finishes, though, he stands for a while in silence before he makes his prayer.

"Hi Faerie. I think I understand what you want from me, and why you want it.

I've always sort of... just... gah. I worry about letting go. I worry about what people will think.

But that's almost kinda... unfair to me. My anger is a part of myself, a part of my heritage, a part of who I am. I shouldn't blunt my claws and hide my teeth.

I'm an Alruru. I'm a proud warrior. I'm a protector of nature and my pack, and on the battlefield I'm a force to be reckoned with.

I'm never going to stop being a lover.

But I'm a fighter too.

Thank you."

He stands to leave, more secure in his conviction.

Dog

Rook and Drixar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:16 pm

Today, Drixar joins his brother through Rudi at the site of the faerie ring. Together the duo clears the area of snow, weeds, and other debris dropped in the area.

While working Drix starts to think about his first day in town, how lost and small he felt in this town of unfamiliar faces and how things are quite literally smacking him in the horns. He smiles at how much he’s grown since his arrival, and as he glances over at Dog he starts to think about when they first met.

Never in a million years did he ever think he would be able to be so close with someone that was so confident and competent in all he does. But then he got to see how he fought, showed he cared, stood for his beliefs, and how his anger showed itself. Then he got to spend time with him, fight with him, and get to know the person he can now call his brother.

As his mind returned to the present, Drix couldn’t help but smile wider as he finished his work. He sat back and listened to the sound of the wind and Dog finishing up his own work, suddenly feeling very thankful that when he ran into Everrett that fateful day, he didn’t ignore him.
Drixar
Drixar

Dog and Rook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:00 pm

Today, Dog does yet more snow clearing of the Faerie Ring and Air Circle. Holdfast has been getting some big storms recently, and he doesn't want to fall behind on making sure things are nice and tidy.

"Hi Faerie. I don't really have much of an update this time. I'm still trying to help out with the Ring, and I'm still working on myself. I hope your full presence can return here soon.

Thank you."

He leaves a couple mana at the Ring, and walks to the Air Circle.

"Hi Lord Air. It's impossible to know what the year is going to hold, but if it's anything like it has been in the past here, it's probably going to be pretty dangerous. It's no secret that I'm scared of dying, so, just... I pray for your protection. For me and my loved ones.

Thank you."

He leaves a few mana at the Circle as well, and then heads back to the inn.

(Faerie Ring: 14 Air [paid] + 2 = 16 total
5 blood
2 smith's sweat

Air Circle: 23 Air [paid] + 2 = 25 total)

Dog

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:29 pm

Today, Rudi heads down to the Faerie Ring with a basket. She pulls out a blanket from within it, and starts removing food which she starts to set on plates. Sandwich supplies and fruit, mainly. It was nice today, so it feels like the right day.

Others join her soon after: Dog and Drixar, followed closely by Rosco and Corin respectively. Yanna, prodding along next to Gull and Kez (a bottle of wine in his hands that the trio pulled out from who knows where.)

Together, they all fill the area around the Faerie Ring with laughter, love, and song, as they have a picnic despite the snowy ground.
Rudi
Rudi

Dog and Drixar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:59 am

Today, Dog practices and trains, to hone his abilities. First, he meditates quietly near the Ring, focusing on his emotions and how they feel. He's building a strong base of calm and discipline, a foundation from which he can build the power of anger ontop of. He then spends some time at the Faerie Ring doing basic physical exercises and stretches, working up a bit of a sweat, before walking off a little ways away from the Ring. He's brought down some logs from near the ash circle and has laid them haphazardly in a clearing nearby.

He stops in the center of said clearing, and closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath. He begins to think of the people who've wronged him, the things that have happened that he's hated, the times he's felt disrespected and ignored. As he stands there, his anger building, his body language changes as well. Eventually he's snarling, and making a low growl.

He spends a fairly significant amount of time stomping around the clearing, growling and yelling in equal measure. He directs most of his attention to the cut logs and to the stones nearby, tearing at them with his claws and throwing heavy punches. There's a small amount of collateral damage to the trees nearby, but nothing that a scratching bear couldn't have naturally done.

He calms, eventually, and surveys the damage. Blood drips from his knuckles and there are gouges torn in the environment around him, but he seems overall pleased, of extremely out of breath and light headed. He sits, abruptly, and takes some time to recover.

Then comes part two. He returns to the Faerie Ring, and pulls out the Troupe Arcadia coin token he kept from when they came to town, and flips it, guessing which face it'll land on. He does a series of similar small, chance-based tests, nodding to himself and taking note of what he guesses will happen, and what does actually end up happening.

He spends a significant amount of time at that, as well, focusing on his psychic energy and the way it feels as it pulses through him.

He is, after some time, eventually satisfied, putting away the little trinkets and tokens he'd taken with him to play guessing games with.

He bows his head to the Faerie Ring in deep respect.

"Hi Faerie. I'm going to practice a lot. I'm going to prove myself. Thank you for putting so much trust in me."

He leaves some mana at the Ring, and heads back to the inn.

(Faerie Ring: [14 Air] 2 Air + 2 = 4 total
5 blood
2 smiths sweat

Air Circle [23 Air] + 2)

Dog

Z and Drixar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:19 pm

Today, Dog takes things at a little more of a relaxed pace. He goes on a quiet walk through the woods, enjoying the sights and sounds and smells of a thawing Holdfast. He runs his fingers through the new grass, he takes note of budding greenery, and he brushes up against trees, really taking it all in. He does eventually make his usual stops to the Faerie Ring and Air Circle, but even those occasions are softer and slower than usual.

"Hi Lord Air. I can smell the warmth in the air, almost. Spring is going to be here for real soon. I'm excited. I wonder what it's like for you, up there, sometimes. I haven't ever actually been in your domain. do you get seasons the same way we do?
Thanks for everything."

With a small mana donation, he moves on.

"HI Faerie. I don't really have much to say today. I know Lexicus is planning something to help with the Tree once spring really rolls around, and I'm definitely going to be giving him a hand with that. I look up to him a lot. He's a really good example of what leadership among the Fae should look like."

Another couple mana, and he walks off, continuing his trot along the paths, before eventually returning to the inn.

(Faerie Ring: [14 Air] 4 +2 = 6 total
5 blood
2 smith's sweat

Air Circle [23 Air] 2 + 2 = 4 total)

Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum