Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Year of Patience

+3
Dog
Nightshade
Drixar
7 posters

Go down

A Year of Patience Empty A Year of Patience

Post by Z Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:41 am

Z has been a fairly busy these past few weeks, scurrying around and collecting wood, sanding it down, and eventually, nailing together the pieces into a small wooden box. He's also been spending an awful lot of time writing, whether that be in the inn, up in the watchtower, even while wandering around out in the woods. This all leads up to today, the final day before departure, he's mentioned it to a few people of course, him and Zelda's plans to travel to the Confederate capital this year once everything thaws out. He goes about visiting many of the townsfolk today, leaving some with letters or notes directly, sneaking some into bags when they aren't looking, or even a pocket here and there. He leaves the wooden box with Dog, a small note sticking out of it.

Once everything seems to be in order, he makes sure he has everything packed, his satchel, his tent now rolled up and strapped above a new backpack, and his staff, he stands just at the edge of the woods, waiting for Zelda to leave.

(If you'd like to say goodbye you can now before Z leaves!)
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

A Year of Patience Empty Re: A Year of Patience

Post by Drixar Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:28 pm

((You gave me the chance to do mild text rp I’m gonna take it /lh))

Whilst Z is waiting, Drixar starts to run up to him. He just barely stops before colliding with him. “Here, take this with you!! Consider it a good luck charm” He grabs his hand and places in it a small hair clip, with a felt and wool star in a deep green secured atop. With that he wishes Z a safe trip, and departs
Drixar
Drixar

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:40 pm

Z smiles at Drix's gift, and gives the faun a quick pat on the back while he's running off, imparting him a send dream in the process, a parting gift of his own.

[ Smile rp is fun!]
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:28 pm

Shade stands nearby, stopping short of the two, watching the interaction. Shade smiles as Drix runs back towards the inn. Shade looks at Z for a moment, "Be safe, and come back, you have a Psychic hole to deal with", she smiles slightly. Shade turns around and heads back to the inn where it is nice and warm.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:27 pm

Z smiles to Shade, offering a wave at her parting words. He does have a psychic hole to deal with, hopefully it'll still be there to be dealt with by the time he gets back.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Dog Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:57 pm

Dog meets him at the edge of the woods, box (and note) tucked safely in his bunkroom for later.

"A full year, huh?" He pauses. "We're gonna miss you. I hope you find your- (and here, Dog makes that sweeping gesture that initially was just a cop-out when Z didn't know what to say, but has now morphed into being understood to mean "destiny")."

"Things haven't always been easy, here. Or simple. Or morally sound. You know that last part better than most. I hope you know as well, though, that there'll always be a place for you here. You're one of us forever."

"Put in a good word for me with the Confederacy. It's always nice to have more allies."

With that, Dog waits in silence next to his friend until Zelda shows up and his trip begins.

Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Gull Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 pm

Gull approaches guardedly, songbook in hand. He stands in front of Z for a moment in silence as though appraising him. Nodding, he speaks. "It's a start." He shrugs and looks away. "Holdfast is fickle. When you come back, I expect most folk will have forgotten how grave your actions were." Gull locks eyes with Z. "I won't forget."

He opens up his songbook. A short length of orange ribbon rests on the page of thumbprints. He picks it up, fingers brushing Z's print, then snaps the book shut with a sigh.

"I haven't forgotten--" Gull fastens the ribbon to its usual spot on Z's armour. "--any of it." He tugs it tight. The ribbon is a bright flash of colour against the black leather, even without the mark that usually weighs it down. "I remember. And I don't want those memories tainted anymore." Gull's voice is soft. He presses a kiss to Z's forehead.

Abruptly, the softness disappears, replaced by the coldness that has characterized Gull and Z's interactions of late. Gull backs away, tapping the cover of his songbook. "Don't make me regret this." Then he turns on his heel and strides away.

Gull

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:28 am

Z laughs a little at dogs gesture for "destiny" it had taken a while to teach his friends that one, and he gives dog a pat on the back and a firm nod after his thoughtful goodbye. Z will miss his friends, but he will be back, come hell or high water.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:35 am

As Gull approaches, Z tenses up, they haven't been on the best of terms lately, and for good reason. He stands firm before Gull, listening as he speaks, eyes like daggers at first, guard fully up. But he softens as he speaks. As he affixes the ribbon, bereft of the bell that used to be attached, Z let's put a sigh that's been held for too long, many days and nights, and as Gull presses a kiss to his forehead, he can hear a very faint "thank you" no more than a whisper under his breath.

As the moment comes to a close and things return, Z gives Gull a set face and a firm nod, as he strides away. They'll meet again one day, hopefully in a better light, but that will take time, and work that has yet to even be started.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:50 am

Zelda, uncharacteristically, gently picks her way through the small crowd towards Z. Her trusty, cursed, shield is strapped to her back while she carries her great sword. A smile plays on her lips. New adventure, one with purpose, awaits and it's set her face ablaze with renewed vigor. Any hardships endured during her stay in Holdfast seem to have melted away, replaced with a youthful glee.
Despite this spring in her step, she gingerly picks her way through, careful not to completely ruin the current tone.
"Sorry I'm a bit late. I was having a long Goodbye with Degren. First time, in a long time, I've had a goodbye to say." She shoots Z a playful grin. "Well. Ready whenever you are."
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:56 am

Zero makes her way to the edge of the forest. She’d heard word around town about the pair’s departure (though, not the details).

“Stay safe, the both of you, wherever your journey takes you.” She offers Z a handshake, and slyly slips a scrap of paper into his palm, before giving them both a nod and heading back indoors.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm

Z accepts Zero's handshake, offering her a short smile, and feels something slip into his palm, he subtly pockets it, he'll check whatever it is once they get on the road, especially since Zero wasn't particularly open about giving it to him.
Z
Z

Zero. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:59 pm

And with goodbyes said all around, he turns to Zelda with a smile, one final look at the inn, the citadel, the watchtower, those who came to see them off, and he gives her a nod and a smile. To new horizons, new adventures, and new memories.

They'll be back before you know it.
Z
Z

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down