Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healing.

Go down

Healing.     Empty Healing.

Post by Drixar Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:44 am

One day in holdfast, the sun began to dim, along with an elemental circle. Panic ensued from the sun and only grew stronger at the sight of the fading embers.

One day in holdfast, a group saved the fading embers, causing the circle of flames to return with a vengeance. Taking nothing short of clothing with its return.

One day in holdfast, Drixar was there for it all.

In the after math of the eruption of flame, dogs cloak now draped around his shivering body, Drixars gaze stays locked on the once frosty ground by the fire circle. And he waits. He waits for that all too familiar memory of his adventure in the mists to plague his mind once more, reminding him why flame and snakes now hold trauma like deep rooted weeds. And he waits. And waits. And waits. When it finally does come, he prepares for the heart clutching fear. Nothing.

“Uh, drix?” A voice pipes up. Drixar turns his head finally to meet their gaze. “You are literally shaking.” Dog says, “cmon, everyone else is heading inside”
“Right, right yeah, sorry. Let’s go.”
As he joins the others, Now draped in blankets and aprons, Drixars mind keeps wandering.

Where was the fear? Why wasn’t I scared of that?? It was a pillar of fire I should be freaking out right now, but…. I’m not. I’m okay? Holy shit, I’m okay.

Once he’s inside, back into clothing and now jewelry he was beyond thankful he didn’t wear that day, Drixar approaches Kez as he chats amongst friends.
“Kez, favour to ask.”
“Hey Drix, what’s up?”
“Hand me a fire mana.”
“… what? But aren’t-“
Drix cuts in. “I’m testing something, just. Please.”
“okay, here”

Still with a bit of hesitance, Drixar reaches for the mana, except this time he grabs it from his friend. He holds it for a second, then allows it to move in and around his fingers, like a performer dancing a coin across their knuckles. He starts to laugh, its quiet at first, barely audible, but then it grows louder. Soon the whole inn is turning heads at this seemingly unprompted bout of giggles, cheers from those closest to him joining into the chorus.

He hands the mana back to Kez, giving him a quick hug before scurrying off to join his found family at the fire along the back wall. This time, he finally curls close to the flame, consuming what warmth he can get.

Maybe this, he thinks, is what healing is.
Drixar
Drixar

Zero. and Gull like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum