Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequently Asked Questions!

+5
Vadim Ironstones
Joy Rosewood
Ivy
Kuromori, Taka
AD
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Frequently Asked Questions! Empty Frequently Asked Questions!

Post by AD Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:45 am

Morning All!

So here I would like you to ask your FAQ's. These are questions you've heard asked a lot or figure people must ask them but as we are nerds (and therefore have no friends) you really aren't sure. Regardless! If you think multiple people would benefit from having this question answered once and for all, then ask away! These can be from that tricky rule to an easy answer thats kinda hard to find.

What I will do, over the off season, is pour over the rulebook and answer the questions. I will then post the answers here.

Do's - Ask your question, even if someone has already asked it.
- Ask the question regardless of it's IG or OOG related.
- Keep your question up, even if you've found the plainly written answer later. Great minds think alike and Fools seldom differ. If you're thinking of it, likely someone else is as well.

Don'ts - Answering a question for me. I don't care how simple the answer is or how much you are POSITIVE I will, 100%, agree with you. Do not answer the question for me. The idea is to have some standardization and if your answer clashes with mine, it may cause confusion. As I am the one who makes the calls, it is my interpretation we will be playing with.
- Don't offer you're own interpretation as advice to me. Again, this is my call, I want it as pure as possible. I also don't want to unintentionally offend or insult you by potentially making a clashing call.
- Don't worry about the complexity, mundaneness or any of that, just ask away.
- Don't expect me to answer right away. I'll let people know when I'm going to start looking into things

Just clarifying a timeline! I'm not going to be answering these questions as the come in. I'm going to wait awhile, let all of the question come in, then answer them all in one go, likely over the holidays.

Hope to be buried under all the questions!

Thank you!

Last edited by AD on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions! Empty Re: Frequently Asked Questions!

Post by Kuromori, Taka Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi Sharon. What's the ratio of.... things.. to......... things??? in alchemy?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Q. Can you Visit Other Plane: Astral Plane? If so, why would one choose to use Astral Form over Visit Other Plane: Astral Plane? I ask because Visit Other Plane doesn't have a limited time, while Astral Form is 10 minutes.

Q. Can you Visit Other Plane: whatever plane the Faerie Circle is?

Q. How would you define an emotion in terms of project emotion? Most people understand happy, sad, terror, etc. but people seem to have varying opinions on whether things such as trust, friendly, generous, etc. are emotions.

Q. Can you bless HP?

Q. Do you need literacy to understand a Psychic Imprint?

Also, I do believe I asked you some questions at a MnG that you wrote in your notebook which you haven't answered. Here's the two I remember, but I think there was a third:

Q. If you bless your awareness up to a point where you can borrow spells, and then you borrow a timed spell, how long does the timed spell last? Does it last as long as it normally would? Does it last as long as the bless? Does it last 10 minutes after the bless ends (i.e. the ruling for when a mage leaves the area)?

Q. Can you curse skills that don't have levels, such as literacy, psychic disciplines, and specific spells?
        Bonus Question: Can you curse HP?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Q: What incentives are there for players to attend the May cleanup event? (Besides eviscerating chunks of forest that is.)

Q: At what rate does one earn CRPs for casting?

Q: What are 'typical' CRP costs for personal plots?

Q: Is it possible to have an alchemy book be too well encoded?
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Q: Some spells require attaching mana to things or holding mana, ex: "With Fire I Enchant your x, x points". Does Awareness 5's destroy mana ability affect those mana?

Q: If I theoretically have 6 tiers of power in essence and the spell "The Power of Essence Transforms Your Body", use it to turn someone into a ham and cheese sandwich and then eat them, are they dead? When the spell ends, what happens?

Q: If I Project Emotion: Courage onto someone with a phobia, how does that interact with the phobia?
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Q: Would Astral Plane Dematerialize break any bindings on the user, ie. "The Earth Binds your x, x minutes"?
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Q. Many psychic abilities such as Project Emotion and Curse must be applied by touch. The rulebook says that "Touch may be done out of combat situation with a bare hand, or in combat with a foam fist" Are those the only options? Can you apply psychic affects, by say brushing against someone as you walk by? Or if they've grappled and pinned you to the ground, can you apply abilities via their pinning hand?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vadim Ironstones Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Q. How do non aware characters perceive magic calls? How do non-psychics perceive psychic abilities being used?

Q. At what levels of alchemy can one ascertain the nature of a given potion (The type of potion, potency, if it's even a potion at all), and who can/can not tell whether a potion has been added to a drink or contact gel has been applied to an object?
Vadim Ironstones
Vadim Ironstones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Q: If you get Blessed to a higher tier of power and cast a timed spell at the longer duration, what happens to the duration when Bless wears off?

Q: How does Avoid interact with psychic/magic? For instance, if a Psychic Curses someone, then Avoid is used between the two, would the Cursing Psychic drop the curses due to thinking they aren't on anyone? Would that be the same for timed spells?

Q: With Astral Form, can you pull the states to extend it during the Astral Form or do they have to all be pulled at the start?

Q: Can you Curse Psychic Disciplines? If so:

• Q: If you Curse the Curse discipline, do all active curses expire?

• Q: Do you lose the State that you received with the discipline? If so:

• Q: If you have your full compliment of States devoted to cursing, what happens when you lose the State from a Discipline?
Q: If a spell glances off a shield (or other similar obstacle) and grazes your arm, is the spell considered blocked by the shield or does it affect you?

Q: How does "With Fire I Heat Your [Shield]" interact with shields that are strapped to your arm?

Q: Is it possible to cast "With Fire I Heat Your [Mana]" on a mage holding mana?

Q: When "With Fire I Burn Your X" is used on a wooden object with metal, is anything salvageable?

Q: Can a non-elf with the appropriate tiers of Awareness borrow an elf's spell "My Essence Blends With X"?

Q: With the appropriate Awareness, can a Book Mage borrow a normal mage's spells or vice versa? What about tiers of power?

Q: Can a Book Mage use Knowledge Conduit for learning spells from a non-Book Mage?

Q: Can you lend spells and/or tiers of power with the appropriate Awareness to a mage without the appropriate Awareness required to borrow?

Q: Even though Book Mage is classified as cannot be taught in the rulebook, can a player take the trait when learning Awareness 1/their first spell?

Q: Does a Book Mage's advantage of getting spells at half price apply to Essence/Void spells?

Just so the answer is in writing somewhere, as I've been asked before:
Q: Do you need a mana keeper in order to keep mana on your person without holding it?

Last edited by Ardin Gallagher on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Missing half a question)
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Q. So to be clear, backstab and bypass will go through wear armor thresholds, but not toughness?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:31 am

Q: How do medic healing rate work with multiple levels of medics assisting each other, ie. a Medic 4 assisting a medic 5, or a medic 3 and a medic 4 assisting a medic 5? What's the forumla?

Q: Just to be perfectly clear on this, can medics do any form of healing on themselves, including poison, parasite removal, surgeries?
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 am

Q Wear Armour how does it work the higher it becomes is it any good even at the lower levels? if you have 20-30 or less points in Armour is it a good idea to have or get?
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Q. Sanctums keep states between games, right?

Q. Is it one state per sanctum marking? Or can you just put as many states as there is room for on the markings?

Q. Can you sudden clarity being entranced by a wisp, etc.? Or does that fall under the actions-you-did-to-yourself clause because you looked at them?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Vadim Ironstones Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 am

What is the usual CRP cost of a merchant or other single NPC coming to town?
Vadim Ironstones
Vadim Ironstones

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 am

Q: Can you teach yourself a skill up to the skill rank you posses of Weapon Master/Marksmanship? ie. If I have Marksmanship 1, can I teach myself Throwing Weapon 1?
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:45 am

Q. Say two characters are spirit bonded or harmonized together and one of them has the effect removed via focus mind, psychic block etc. (whichever is appropriate) Is the effect removed from both? Or just the one?

Q. Actually, on that topic, can you focus mind a spirit bond? Focus mind removes mental effects, and spirit bond seems to be both mental and physical.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:39 am

Can states be imparted into unconscious individuals? Either asleep, knocked out, or in their bleed?
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 am

Q. What can you do and not do while meditating? Can you walk around? Can you talk?

Q. How does Malice work for psychics? The wording is very confusing. It says it can only give states up to the maximum a character can possess, but also that it doesn't count towards the meditation limit. Does that mean maybe that it can give no more than a character's max amount of states ON TOP of whatever states they already have? i.e. A character with max states 10 can drink a malice 5 and be brought up to 15 but a character with max 4 can only be brought up to 8? Is that what it means?
Also if you're a psychic, do those states just last until used?

Q. The rulebook says that "The only [psychic] disciplines with no cost to use are the ‘Transfer State’, ‘Quicken State’ and ‘Meditate’ disciplines." That means that Sanctum costs states... somehow. Does it just cost a state to make a sanctum?

Q. I've been told by another player that psychics can't hide that they're psychic; they must always wear something purple to show that they're psychic and they must answer truthfully if asked if they are. (At least with other Psychics, that is.) Is that true? I can't find anything of the sort in rulebook aside from the fact that all states should be in plain view. I always thought that if a psychic was out of states they could make whatever claims they want about their power.

Q. How aware is someone that the skill Hallucinate has been used on them? If everything that happened to them while they were hallucinating was believable, would they continue to believe it once the state ends? Or would they just immediately realize it wasn't real?

Q. If you're using iron mind, can you just run around smacking people (i.e. unarmed strike) while keeping your palms together?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm

what is the full time that is need to stop and remove poisons
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Do you have to throw spells with your hand? Or can you use bows or slings?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:33 pm

How does dwarfskin work if you already have toughness? What about magical items?
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next