Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A draining experiment

2 posters

Go down

A draining experiment Empty A draining experiment

Post by Zar/Herr Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:19 pm

In a wooded area, Herr is sitting, leaning against a tree with a bloodied dagger on the ground by his foot. Not far in front of him are two cages, one containing a live and scared rabbit, the other containing a recently killed rabbit. He is mumbling to himself, staring into the sky, reaching his hand up every now and then. He seems to be in deep thought.
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

A draining experiment Empty Re: A draining experiment

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Tearing through the forest, Degren appears several yards off. He leads an arrow knocked on a powerful bow before him as he goes, obviously hunting. He walks up, scanning the surrounding area closely-- yet missing Herr's presence entirely-- before finally letting his eyes rest on the caged bunny. "That's unusual." He mumbles.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Herr extends his left arm towards Degren with his palm open as if he were trying to grab something; He mumbles again. His arm drops.
"It's not working" he says to Degren, presumably remaining unnoticed until he has spoken. Herr stands slowly.
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Degren, obviously shocked by the sudden appearance of Herr, starts and takes a step backwards. His foot crunches through one of the cages, crushing the poor creature inside. "Oh! Herr ! What --- uh , what are you doing up here?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Herr rushes to the newely deceased rabbit, shoving Degren's foot off, and places his hand over the head of the rabbit for a moment.
"Ugh" Herr groans
I'm experimenting. Trying to probe minds or something. Doesn't really work on the dead." Herr points to the animal Degren crushed.
"I've tried."
"What are you doing up this way? If you're going to be near more animals; i'd like to join you." He says, no longer concerned about the mess.
(OOG: If you want, we can do some on forum hunting for a bit; since my other rabbit is dead :p)
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:57 am

"You're more than welcome to join me. We ran out of food in our larder a month or so ago, and with all the issues caused by the rift tearing open we haven't had a chance to refill it. This is the first chance I've had in a long time to do some honest hunting... But, What are you hoping to accomplish with these experiments? It all seems rather gruesome to me..." Degren looks down and grimaces at the state of his armored boot. He quickly scrapes the bits of bunny off of his shoe using a nearby stone.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Herr shrugs, "I think I experienced something that was either magic or psychic and I'm trying to re-create whatever it was. I figure if we catch anything I can try probing its mind or whatever did."
He looks disgusted at the remains being scraped off Degren's shoe.
"I don't realize you knew how to hunt!"
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:56 am

"When Auron and I traveled over the top of the world, our food got hit with a hellish case of the rot. The whole expedition ran out of food. After Donald, our cook, died from eating the rotten food, we were forced to hunt for our supper. It wasn't a fun experience, I can say that much, but I learned a lot about hunting from our native guides. Hunting here is far more plentiful than it was in that frozen hellscape, let me tell you. Are you interested in learning? I'm always willing to teach."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:26 am

Herr ponders for a few moments before speaking.
"...sure, i can't promise i'll retain what you teach me; i've got other things on my mind."
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum