Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Val's Caravan

+6
Zar/Herr
Jaya
Talia Swanheart
Torvallis!
Volkihere Malacalo
Micheal Grayflow
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lady Val's Caravan - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Val's Caravan

Post by Micheal Grayflow Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Michael looks at Jaya and smiles, he begins to realize to sheer potential and how he's gotten with this so far.
"The Magic council will be responsible for the day-to-day of the College, along with the collecting and guarding dangerous cursed items. And when important matters such as the Rift issue or other magic related issues occur, the magic council will put it to a vote and hopefully everyone can agree quickly enough for a decision to be made. I'd rather that than to have a 'Head Master'." Michael says, taking a sip.
"That's where Lady Val comes in, she is quite skilled in the magic arts and is a member of the town council. With her on the Magic Council, things will move along more quickly, for I am not as well versed in council-like activities." He explains.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Michael looks at Torvallis in confusion.
"How about we go with your plan and get on the same page, so we all know what we're talking about. We can leave the rest for later. Just focus on getting started and setting ground rules first. And yes, Alchemists, Psychics, and Enchanters are welcome to join and be apart of the founding if they are interested." Michael pauses for a moment.

"Does everyone agree that we all go with Torvallis's plan and get on the same page first?" Michael asks the crowd.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Talia Swanheart Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:54 pm

Talia puffs out her cheeks feeling slightly ignored. She exhales slowly. “That sounds great.” She kicks the ground. “Can I join? She finally ask, shyly.
Talia Swanheart
Talia Swanheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Talia Swanheart Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Talia finally goes inside and joins the group. “I see. Well I definitely would not consider myself a scholar but I am very eager to continue my studies in alchemy. I have been learning a bit from Malva since coming to Holdfast but I haven’t had a real teacher since I left home. I do like my time with Malva but I don’t want to pester her, I know how busy she can be. So.... I just think a college would be a great place.” She smiles awkwardly at them.
Talia Swanheart
Talia Swanheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 am

"The magic council sounds like something that will benefit the town and I will accept a position on it." Jaya smiles this idea can really become something amazing and benefit the town greatly.

"I do think the college should open up to other areas of study alchemy has certain ties to magic like potions that require mana and making mana so as a related field of study it deserves a place within the college. As for psychic while it's not magical in nature it does require training and study of its own and should also have a space where psychics and learn, I would welcome them into the college as well."

Turning to Talia Jaya smiles at her "Of course you can join having an alchemist on board will help set up the alchemy part of the college and can be a place where you can further your alchemical studies. I also think you're more of a scholar than you think, alchemy takes a lot of dedication and study to practice and master"
Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 am

Michael looks around at everyone before standing clearing his throat.
"Alright, I guess we can put one rule in place. No one shall join or be allowed to join if they have malicious intent or plans on harming other mages within the College. This is a place to learn and grow, not to doing something like that will put the College at risk and put the lives of the others on the line and I as an individual can not allow precious lives go to waste." He says, expecting odd looks from everyone.
"Are we in an agreement that people malicious intent should not be allowed to join? Regardless of skill?" Michael asks, sitting back down.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:47 am

"That will be something that can be easily hidden though...it's a hard thing to enforce. No one is gonna state such an intent when they request to join. Oh yes please let me join the college i really want to raise an undead army! See how ridiculous that is? I agree we should kick out anyone that harms the group or we catch them acting in way that harms others but proving those intents from the start may be hard to do. All we can do is screen the potentially dangerous magics and make sure we trust the person before allowing them to learn and even then we could get burned"
Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 am

Herr decides to finally walk in
“So then i won’t immediately be rejected based on assumptions? Good. I’m considering joining but haven’t decided yet.”
Herr crosses his arms.
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Michael stands up, finishing his tea.
"Right guys, so how about we finish this up and spread the word to everyone we know, Talia, would you be fine with mentioning this to the others along with Asher and Auron? I'll see if I can get anyone else in on this."
"Thanks for allowing us to use the space, Lady Val." With that, Michael turns and leaves the tent looking for more mages to bring in.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Talia Swanheart Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:09 pm

“Yes sir!” She waves and skips out of the tent.
Talia Swanheart
Talia Swanheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 am

There is a loud explosion from the hills. The happy notes and songs coming from the inn's bridge stop. After a second of silence you hear "Damn it!" as Grayfeared puts down his guitar and begins to stalk past the tent, towards the hills.
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Grayflow Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Sometime later, Michael walks back to the tents from the knights after speaking to Herr along the way.
"Lady Val? I got some news, some Good, some bad. I was wondering if you'd be able to talk for a moment." Michael says, sitting down on the grass with his back against the inn.
Micheal Grayflow
Micheal Grayflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Auron approaches from the Knights camp, a quizzical look on his face. He asks (to anyone who happens to be present): "What's this I hear about a College? Are we going to be making a place to learn new things from one another?"

He folds his arms. "If that's what's going on, I'd like to help."
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:16 am

Lady Val stands among the confusion and sympathizes with poor Talia and Herr, unable to get a word in during the conversation. When Michael and Torvallis! leave she sits back down to drink her tea only to find that it has gone cold.

She frowns and ignites the brazier of coals to reheat the tea. Only to be interrupted once again by Michael’s arrival. Once she has finished her private conversation with the Professor, drinking cold tea all the while, she finally has time to reheat her tea and offer some to anyone still in the tent.

She is surprised by Aurin’s arrival.

“Michael has left but if you wish to speak with any here you are welcome to do so.” She offers him a comfortable looking blue cushion.

Sent from Topic'it App
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:36 am

Auron smiles at the offer of a blue cushion. "Thank you, my lady." He says, and proceeds to sit. "I've come to see if someone could give me some details about this College I keep hearing about - and to offer my assistance if it will help. I've always thought having a structured place to practice and learn new skills is something that would benefit the town."

He shifts around in his seat, feeling about for the most comfortable position to sit. "Is that the kind of place you all have in mind?"

Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:39 pm

"Certainly!" Lady Val pours Auron a cup of Black Dragon tea and begins sipping her own.

"The college is meant to be a loose aggregation of people who are interested in researching, teaching, and learning magic. The idea is that many people in town with to learn magic but sometimes lack the teachers they need. This college or guild will help people learn. Additionally, we may be able to better organize the mages in Holdfast for the purposes of helping to protect the town. Whether that's identifying a dangerous magical item or making magical items for people to use in battle. The idea is to organize magical teaching and encourage the practice of the arcane arts within the town for the betterment of all."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:13 pm

"Thank you for the tea." Auron says with a nod of gratitude.

A moment passes after Lady Val gives her explanation to Auron. "I see," he says, as he takes a moment to enjoy the drink. "Well, that certainly sounds like something I'd be willing to support. I may not be able to help much with identifying or creating magical items, but I'll gladly share what I do know. Just let me know when we plan to make this idea a reality."

He then relaxes, content to sit and simply appreciate the tea for a while.
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:49 am

Lady Val takes a moment to enjoy the silence. "I think the Month of Leaves. Around the time of the next new moon. I know some superstitious people may balk at the mention of the date but since we are forming a mages college and 13 is a magic number, I think the 13th will be appropriate. We can meet here in my Caravan so that the people who don't want to be involved may stay warm in the inn and not have to deal with a bunch of squabbling mages," she smiles as she sips her tea."Or explosions."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:57 am

Degren arrives at the tent, peeks in and says hello to everyone present before finally settling his gaze on Val, "hey, Val, Auron and I are heading into town again soon, and I was wondering if you could teach me some appraisal skills? Evaluating value of goods and such?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Lady Val seems surprised to see Dergen with so many explosions happening outside and invites him in. She offers him a burgundy cushion and some tea.

"So you wish to learn how to determine the value of goods. What are you looking to purchase or are you perhaps looking to sell things?"
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 am

"A bit of both, I hope," he says hopefully, " don't worry too much about the explosions. It's just torvallis testing a new concoction."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:16 am

"Oh trust me I know exactly where those explosions are coming from, which is why I was concerned. I have already had to re-grow Torvallis! limbs once today. I don't particularly want to deal with a mass casualty or amputee situation outside my own caravan." She pinches the bridge of her nose in exasperation and gestures to the cushion next her herself and Auron.

"Nevertheless, you wanted to learn how to appraise things. Now I am not an expert but I am very well trained in the mercantile and evaluation skills so I can teach you a bit. I also recommend visiting Lady Keket as she is skilled in bartering and trading items as opposed to exchanging them for currency. Now, before we start I would like to ask you a question to better understand what to teach you and how to teach you, for what purpose are you learning to evaluate items? Selling or purchasing, or both? And what are your end goals with this teaching?"
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next