Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gurok's Been Rob-ed

+3
Kuromori, Taka
Ardin Gallagher
Gurok
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gurok's Been Rob-ed Empty Gurok's Been Rob-ed

Post by Gurok Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Sunday, June 30th, 2:00 pm
After a short but heated conversation with Verbena in the bunkhouse, Gurok storms into the inn in her accustomed fashion.
"Anybody 'Round here know how to track!?" "My FuCkInG Ax has been stolen !!
Where's that damned Sherrif... "
Turning to face the notice board, the picks a small pairing knife off of the kitchen counter and stabs it violently through a piece of paper, and into the wall. The paper features a large, crude drawing of her trademark double-bladed battleaxe, and reads as follows:

(In a large and hurried script, the letters pressed into the paper with such force as to almost rip through it)
MISSING
One Exceptional Battleaxe
If seen or found please report Imidietly to GUROK Of Clan Ergoth,
Likewise, Any information regarding the comings and comings of outsiders or suspicious activities, as well as any information about other stolen possessions between the hours of noon Saturday and two hours past noon Sunday will be met with much gratitude.
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Gurok's Been Rob-ed Empty Re: Gurok's Been Rob-ed

Post by Gurok Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Lacking an immediate reply from the silent inn, Gurok turns around and storms back out, slamming the door behind her.
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 pm

Lady Val watches as Gurok storms out of the Inn. She calls out from the steps as Gurok heads back to the Bunkhouse and says, "Gurok? What's wrong? Is Teak is danger."

(OOG: Can PM the rest on FB)
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:50 pm

The door to the bunkhouse bursts open and Gurok marches in, looking around. "TAKA!... Anyone know where Taka is?"
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 pm

Ardin, entering just behind Gurok, looks a little defeated.

"Taka's probably sleeping, Gurok. She isn't usually around during the day unless she has a reason to." Ardin quickly adds before Gurok can run off again. "My offer to help only stands once Taka wakes on her own accord. I've no interest in disturbing her, especially after the night she had."

Ardin leaves the bunkhouse, looking around to see if Lady Val is still in the inn.
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:37 am

Lady Val is gathering her things in the Inn and looks to be getting ready to leave. She sees Ardin arrive and continues gathering papers and inkwells inscribed with arcane images.

"Ah there you are Sir Ardin, Gurok is looking for you, she has lost her battle axe and is being extremely dramatic about the whole thing. I suggested she look for you since you are able to find things psychically, as you did with Bikbun, and it could save her a lot of time and shouting." Lady Val states matter of factly. She looks visibly fed up with the situation and as Gurok continues to shout in the bunkhouse her ears twitch with exasperation.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:09 am

After being reprimanded by Ardin, Gurok resignedly stomps out of the bunkhouse and makes her way back to the citadel, muttering "Fine, Fine, I'll find someone else to do it"
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Some blankets rustle from one of the upper bunks.

Taka's sleepy face pokes it's way up over the railing, she squints tiredly at Ardin and at the door, then gazes out the window as if it will give her some clue about what time it is.

"What's happening?" She mumbles groggily, sinking back into the covers.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:52 am

Hurridly back into the bunkhouse sporting a shiney new axe, and short hair, gurok replies: "Sorry for waking you Taka, I thought I would need your help but you can go back to sleep." She goes up to her bunk and starts packing up her bedroll, her clothes, and soon her bunk is bare as it was the day she came to this port town almost three years ago. the bag on her back has all manner of bits and bobs tired to it with rope, and it really does seem like she has her entire life on her back. She gives a resigned sigh, and closes her eyes, wondering if maybe this is that last time she'll ever smell air not permiated with the smell of drying fish. She walks off to the Inn, in search of Lady Val.
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Upon seeing Gurok arrive in the Inn with a shiny new axe and all of her personal belongings only moments later, Val sighs and says. "Well I guess the axe problem is solved then." She continues to pack up her things and bundles them together.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:04 pm

"I'm sorry. I was rude earlier. I'm trying not to be angry about things that shouldn't affect me-wait, where are you going?... No, no, nevermind. It doesn't matter now. Anyway. Can you help me with my hair?"- Horrendous would be an understatement. It looks like she has tied about half a dozen sections of hair off as close to the root as she could, and cut them off herself with blunt scissors, as that is exactly what she has done.
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Val stops mid movement and stares at Gurok with a mixture of confusion, irritation, and disbelief. After a few seconds of staring and processing the strange sight before her she finally returns to herself.

"First off, I agree that you need to have better control over your temper but second I need to ask, what on the Material Plane have you done to your hair and, more importantly, why?"
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:19 pm

"I had no money to pay Degren for a new axe. I expected to leave here with a bit of money for new clothes for Ducky, but seeing I have to leave early, I'm planning to sell the rest of the hair in Applevale on the way back to sou- I mean, back Home." She looks at Lady Val, a little defensively, but her eyes soften quickly into a pleading look.
"Can you just fix it please so I can go?... Please.."
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Lady Val looks at Gurok and then glares in the direction of the Knight's camp. "So after everything you have done for Holdfast he charged you for the axe you lost..." She shakes her head and looks back to Gurok.

"I have no issues re-growing your hair but I warn you that it is harder to sell Elven hair these days since Cal has been unable to visit so you may not get what you need for Ducky. However," Val looks into her bag and removes three rares "I think this should certainly suffice."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof. P. P. Pendergast Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm

"I'm sorry, did I hear that right?"

Professor Pendergast mutters hazily with a loud yawn as he looks up from the table. The place where he's been sitting is riddled with papers and journals on ritual magic research and various musings. He has been struggling with the effects of sleep deprivation for the last several days, given what has happened lately, and once again has awoken from another bout of sleep.

"Degren... charged you for a new axe?" he asks, visibly disturbed. "All your dedicated service, and he had the unmitigated gall to do something like that, after yours has been stolen?"

Pendergast quickly picks up his leather spellbook and walks over to the pair, fumbling through his belt pouch all the while. "Allow me to sweeten whatever the good Marquess has covered, Gurok," he says as he pulls out three rocks, along with his last Earth Mana. He then places the three rocks into her hand.

He then thumbs to the page of his spellbook marked with The Earth Will Regrow in earthy brown ink. "And if you would allow me, Lady Valeriya, I'm only too happy to do this myself. It's the least I can do after she helped me maintain my composure during Herr's trial. Besides... no one should have to suffer being robbed twice in one day."

Prof. P. P. Pendergast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:47 pm

"Thank you-" Gurok sits down on the bench beside Lady
val and lowers her head. "But I wouldn't ask you to pay for something that grows from your own head, Valaria.  If I can't sell it, I'll just be in debt to the tailor for a little while, until I can get a few shifts on the patrol. They're still very kind to me up there, but I won't let them give me anything for free anymore, now I've got the ability to make some money of my own, when the opportunity arises." "Pendergast doesn't get me started, I'm amazingly not offended by it, don't tell me I should be. I'll sell you the hair if you actually have need of it, And thank you for the offer,But I'd rather Lady Val fixes my hair, I assume she knows how to make it look more elven than it was, I havnt had it cut or styled at all since I changed." Please Hurry though Val, I want to get to applevale before dark. (It is 2:30pm sunday, June 30th)
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof. P. P. Pendergast Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:24 pm

"Of course," he says, pocketing the mana. "The money is still yours, though. I insist. I... know how hard it can be to provide for one's family. I've been there." There's a look of sadness in his face for an instant as he clears his throat, trying to suppress his emotions once more. "You can put it to better use than I could."

Prof. P. P. Pendergast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 pm

"Thank you Pendergast. It will be put to good use. Duckie has hit a growth spurt and all her shirts show her tummy now. Maybe I'll send you a drawing of her next time I send a messenger to holdfast."
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Ardin, seeing Val busy packing up, waits for her to clue up before approaching. Seeing Gurok burst back into the inn, he decides to grab a meal and patiently wait for the exchange to finish, disinterested in what Gurok has to say until she mentions that Degren made her pay, making him look up and watch the exchange.
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 am

"Alright, if you insist that you can manage on your own I'll just fix your hair." Lady Val then looks critically at the job Gurok has done on her own hair. Its lop sided and needs some evening up but after getting an idea from a fashion trend back home she grabs a pair of scissors from her enchanting kit and begins evening up the hairs on the sides of Gurok's head, cutting the hair close to the skull. She does the same on the other, uncut side and then moves towards the back, placing the long locks of hair into Gurok's hands. Once she has a nice straight edge on each side leading to a chevron in the back she begins re-growing the missing pieces of hair around them.

"The Earth will regrow your hair", Val tighten's her grip on the magic, forcing it to only regow the areas she wants, those nearer the front, and closer to the top. Once complete, she bundles up Gurok's hair revealing the undercut areas and ties it at the top. Val then whips out her scissors and begins etching intricate patterns into the shorter hairs of the undercut, forming delicate flowers and bold lines. When she is finally done she then styles the ends of Gurok's hair to remove the ragged and broken split ends. She also places these smaller hairs in Gurok's hands.

"That should do it." She says with some satisfaction. "Bold, proud, fashionable, very befitting."

(OOG: Something like this)
Gurok's Been Rob-ed What_is_a_hair_tattoo_undercut_hairstyles
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:59 am

Val then proceeds to brush out and braid Gurok's hair to better show off the patterns and lines underneath. The overall effect is elegant and daring.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Gurok Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 am

While Val is cutting her hair, Gurok looks to be getting curiouser and curiouser, and Lady val has to swat away her hands more than once. "Do you have a mirror?" she asks. after being shown her hair, she turns around and Hugs Lady Val. "It's beautiful" she mutters into her shoulder, and lets go. "Thank you. " her head bowed, she continues "I remember the orcs in my tribe used to do something similar to this, but all over, and not as pretty. It was sort of a status symbol, like tusks.This is a nice way to remember where I came from. Thank you." She looks genuinely touched, and smiles as she stands up and Heads for the door. "Goodbye, Holdfast. Goodbye, Lady Valaria, Professor Pendergast, Sir Ardin. It's been quite the adventure." Looking at Lady Val in particular, she finishes, with a smile "Keep Holdfast going for me, won't you?"
Gurok
Gurok

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof. P. P. Pendergast Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:54 am

Pendergast bows respectfully. "Farewell and good luck to you, Gurok of Clan Ergoth," he says with a smile. "And above all else... Have a fantastic life."

Prof. P. P. Pendergast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:32 am

Lady Val nods in response. "Farewell Gurok, may the sun always shine on your path and may the stars watch over you. If I am in Soul's Landing perhaps we will see each other again."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Verbena Domitia Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am

Verbena enters the inn and pours herself a cup of water. Straightening, she takes in the scene, narrowed eyes flicking from the council members to Gurok. She raises her brows and nods, seating herself on one of the long benches. "I see." She takes a long sip of water, then gestures towards Gurok with her cup. "Well then. Safe journey and best of luck to you." She sets her cup down. "Send my regards to the family." Her remarks concluded, Verbena turns her attention to the dishes of fruit on the table and takes her time selecting an apple.

Verbena Domitia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum