Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degren takes action (Slowly)

2 posters

Go down

Degren takes action (Slowly)  Empty Degren takes action (Slowly)

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:51 am

(TIMESTAMP: October 13th)
After a long time away from Holdfast, Degren arrives and begins work. He and any willing helpers begin carting large blocks of stone and granite to the inn. After a few hours of work and a quick lunch, they continue to tear a chunk of the inn wall out, tearing the floor up and removing the fireplace. After the area is neatly cleared, he begins constructing the stone foundation , building a thick layer of stone from the ground up, neatly making a heatproof base. After that, more stone is used to form a small well of rock that rises to a semi enclosed forge. Having added ventilation holes and a feed for the bellows, he constructs a small chimney that leads straight up and out, to help keep the air of the tavern clean. He takes care to ensure that the forge will continue to provide heat ( and likely too much heat) to the area, and scavenges the remains of the wood stove to create a small cooking area. After about 2 days of work, he is finished: a small forge is built in the tavern. All that remains is to add an anvil and tools.

Tired , he packs up, and heads home for a nap.

note: if asked what he is doing, Degren simply replies " building a forge."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Degren takes action (Slowly)  Empty Re: Degren takes action (Slowly)

Post by Lexicus Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Some time near completion, Lexicus approaches Degren as he works. "When this is finished, would there be a need of scrolls to help get it lit more quickly? I would be willing to provide some."
Lexicus
Lexicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:41 pm

"Absolutely, a big ol' pile of them wouldn't go amiss. Always nice to keep the forge colder when you don't need it to be forgin' anything. otherwise people'll be complaining about the heat in here. But being able to just blast her to full strength when baddies come round can be super useful!"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexicus Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:13 pm

"Very well. I can have up to three ready within the next few days. Where should I leave them?"
Lexicus
Lexicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:35 pm

" I'll toss a chest or a bag in here for them. Hopefully they don't get stolen, but I dont see that happening... hopefully we can avoid having a repeat of last month. Thank you!"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexicus Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:55 pm

"No problem at all. Let me know whenever more are needed. If it becomes a problem perhaps a locked chest with keys given only to the smiths?"
Lexicus
Lexicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down