Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earth Training

2 posters

Go down

Earth Training Empty Earth Training

Post by Timmean Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:52 am

Timmean arrives at the earth circle, his pace a little slower than usual. He smiles as he see that Borin has already arrived, and seems to be staring intently at the circle. "Something catch your attention?"

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Earth Training Empty Re: Earth Training

Post by Borin Ironhammer Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:11 am

Borin replies but he still only seemed half there "I thought circle was just a name is didn't realize that..." his voice trails off as he runs out of words to describe what he is seeking.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:36 am

Timmean chuckles and sits down at the edge of the circle. "Amazing, isn't it, how our senses can ignore what we don't understand. But as you can now see, magic is quite real, and quite apparent to anyone trained to see it." Reaching forward to gently swirl the surface of the circle with one finger, he adds, "As you've probably figured out already, this is earth energy. It exists all around us, but it's particularly strong here. This is the power you'll be tapping into."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:36 am

"Okay so what do I do?"

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:51 am

Timmean pauses, thinking for a moment. "Well, you'll be drawing power from the earth itself. That energy will be the same type as what you see here, it just won't be as apparent." Timmean lowers his hands and digs the tips of his fingers into the dirt. Closing his eyes, he continues, "You need to build a link to the earth, find something you know well to draw on. For me, it's my farm; the food I grow, and the connection I get from working the ground. For you, I'd suggest drawing on your knowledge of metal. That material originates in the earth, so it's a firm place to start. Try to find your connection with the earth; draw on its energy. If you like, you could touch the energy you see here, then try to feel that same energy in the ground around you."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:54 am

Borin takes a piece of metal out of his pocket and immediately see some of the magic energy of the earth circle move around it. he tries to feel the energy in the metal and compares it to the mana he held in the in. It was certainly weaker but definitely similar.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Opening his eyes, Timmean nods, watching; "That's good; stay focused. At this point, what you need most is to get used to that power, how it feels and where it comes from. I'll stay in case you have any questions, but what you need to do most right now is to take some time to meditate." At that, Timmean closes his own eyes again, returning his focus to the earth.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Borin sits and begins to meditate feeling the power of the earth flow from the metal in his hand through him. As he continues it begins to feel stronger. After about 20 minutes he asks "So am I done yet?"

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Timmean chuckles. "Hard to say; I can guide you, but I can't tell how far you've come without you casting a spell. If you'd like to learn one, I can certainly teach you, but otherwise I have to rely on your senses. Do you feel a greater connection to the earth? Does the energy feel familiar?"

(OOG: I'd say you're good for tier 1, but without a higher awareness level, it's impossible for Timmean to do an accurate assessment)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:03 pm

"I feel something it might be a connection but it's certainly not familiar"

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Timmean nods softly, "Then I'd recommend you take some more time to strengthen that connection. The stronger it is, the more easily you'll be able to draw on the earth's power, both to form mana and to cast spells. As for when you're done, it will be whenever you're satisfied with your progress."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down