Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commotion at the Earth Circle

3 posters

Go down

Commotion at the Earth Circle  Empty Commotion at the Earth Circle

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:14 am

(OOG: I fully apologize if this steps on toes but no one said his hut was being taken care of soooo)

Timestamp: May 2020, 4 pm (July 31st in OOG Time)

Rudi, silently for once, made her way down to the path towards the Earth Circle. She hadn't taken this path since.. before the snow fell, but she made a decision. Come what may, stopping Godo was important enough to even disobey her shaman.

She took a sharp turn towards the direction of Ardin's hut. It was empty, and at this point she had her doubts about him returning.. so she was sure he wouldn't mind if she stayed in it for the time being.

Rolling up her sleeves, she got to work; pulling out mangy pelts, bits of gravel and plants.  She made a note to get new pelts; but for now, branches would be warm enough.

It would be better than sleeping in the bunkhouse, and far better than making a scraped together shelter every month or so. She continued her hard work of clearing out debris from the hut.

Last edited by Rudi on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Commotion at the Earth Circle  Empty Re: Commotion at the Earth Circle

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:47 pm

About an hour later, the clip clop of hooves could be heard around the Earth circle.
Tonight seemed like a night to eat here, in the quiet. Ceridwynn kneels on the moss surrounding the area, leatherbound book in one hand, fork in the other, and a piece of meat pie in their lap. Today had been a lucky day!
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:00 pm

The relative silence around the Earth Circle is broken by a commotion from the inside of Ardin's hut. The sound of a branch snapping in two, and the soft sound of quiet footsteps from the inside.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Ceridwynn freezes in place. Why was someone in Ardins hut? This couldnt be good...or could it? It couldnt be him.
They gently lay dinner aside and grab their spear, sneaking towards the hut.
They take a shakey step towards the door "A-Ardin?"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:36 pm

The commotion ceases for a moment. Out from the hut, Rudi pokes her head. She smiles at Ceridwyn "Nope, i'm not Ardin. Though, it makes sense why you would think I was. Sorry if I scared you!"
She walks outside and grabs a dead branch from a nearby pile, dipping back into the hut. Inside, she snaps it in half and puts it where she... thinks... there's a leak. Maybe she could wedge this branch in this crack? Gosh, she didn't know how this whole structure worked.

She shrugged. She'd figure it out. Rudi pops her herself back out of the hut, clearing herself of the various plant bits she's accumulated through this. Ugh, she needs to bathe. "Since Ystani Ardin has been gone... a while... and we don't know when or if he's coming back, I figured i'd just fix up his shelter and sleep here when i'm in town! It would be a waste for it to go unused."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:47 pm

Ceridwynn lets out a sheepish little noise "Rudi! Is the pack staying in town? Im sure Ardin will appreciate it when he comes back."
The faun sits by the wood pile. They shuffle around a bit, breathing a sigh of relief. Thank goodness it wasnt him.
They shake their head as guilt bubbles up, loudly proclaiming "Ive got some pie, you want some? Looks like youve been working hard."
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Rudi looks away guiltily at the mention of her pack. "Ah... no. I..uh... stopping Godo is important! So i've decided to keep coming here." Tala could yell at her if they wanted. Some things were more important to her than her pack. She.. would hate to have to explain that, though.

"Yes... when he comes back..." If he wasn't dead already, she added silently. She had her doubts that he was even still alive. "I'd love some pie! What kind is it?"
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Ceridwynn chats as they trod back over to the circle, returning with meat pie and cutting it in two. "Well im glad they sent you to help us. Youre a good medic and I dont know any of the other Arluru besides Althea. Dont really want that pup near Mr. Nasty Fingers. I mean dont want anyone near 'im but ya know what I mean." They sit back by the wood pile "Meat pie, got to get it early if you want any at all. Hassan only makes so much. Also itll be like we're neighbhors now, Lexicus and I have been watching the circle so im around here a lot."
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:49 pm

Rudi froze. "Yes. The pack.. sent me.... Yes. I wouldn't want Althea down here, either." She fidgeted for a moment before taking half of the meat pie. "Any idea what kind of meat, dare I ask?" She hoped it wasn't Hellion, or something. She wouldn't put that past Holdfast. She started eating it, anyways. Meat was meat.

"Well, I don't plan to be here all the time. My pack still needs me." She replied. Not to mention, her pack didn't even know she was here. She should've really told someone. She'll... have to deal with that later.  "But when I am here it will be! I just hope I can figure out how to fix it up. I've never fixed up anything like this before." She'd made shelters, but this was different than what she was used to.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:50 pm

"Probably whatever Theo trapped last. Maybe some rabbit? 'Is good either way"
Ceridwynn looks the shack up and down "Im sure Dimitri and Theo could help. I think Niko knows a lot about wood too."
They ponder for a moment "Oo, i can try and help. I remember dad putting up a shelter like it but I was little and dont remember much but I can at least help lifting stuff. Itll be a nice surprise for Ardin when he gets back, his house being all nice and put together!"
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:56 pm

"Agreed!" Rudi laughed "I might ask them! It seems his hut is made of dirt, too. I haven't built a shelter like this. I at least found a bunch of branches to fill in gaps- I might try to use mud to glue it together." She had to go find some fir branches or something for tonight. Those would make a nice bed until she could get some pelts.

"I did notice that his hut smells nice despite the state it's in. Incense, maybe? I want to keep that. You're an alchemist, maybe you can help." Rudi smiled at the faun through bites. She decided to not.. mention her doubts to Ceridwyn. It was probably a nicer thought for the faun that she was fixing this up for him. Better than the thought that he was dead. Rudi wasn't in the mood to rock the boat.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Ceridwynns face lights up "I can! Probably some nice crushed up flowers would keep it smelling nice. Maybe I can do my alchemy things in here..."
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Rudi smiled back at them. "I'd be okay with that! I really like the smell of lavender, if you're going to be adding to it. I think I picked up lilac? But I could be wrong." Rudi gave Ceridwyn a shrug. "I won't be here most of the time, so go for it when i'm not. Or when I am! I wouldn't mind watching you do alchemy, especially if I can help in any way."

She knew alchemists sometimes needed blood and stuff. Granted, there was blood she couldn't provide but she was probably useful for some recipes.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:06 am

"Well alchemy needs lots of animal bits so if the pack ever finds stuff they dont need, im sure I can make use of it" Ceridwynn nods
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:10 pm

"Will do! ...Though, the pack isn't what i'd call 'careful' when it comes to eating." She nodded back at the faun, finishing her meat pie and continuing her work on the hut.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tor'vakkian_Enyamia Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:07 pm

Enyamia sits near motionless under her favoriate tree next to the water circle. Her eyes are closed, her breathing very deep and steady, one would almost think she was asleep.  But if you look close enough, though every other  part of her seems relaxed, those sleek feline ears are alert and turned to the direction of the earth circle.   She does enjoy the quiet times in contrast to Holdfasts range from simple hub-bub to outright chaos.  But where her sensitive hearing can be a touch distracting, Enymia finds solice in using her awareness.  By concentrating on just being, and reaching out with her awareness she not only observes but becomes part of her environment.  The moisture in the soil, and the air, feeling it on her skin and in her lungs with each breath, tasting the slight saltiness of the breeze over the water.  

The light enthusiastic conversation of Rudi and Ceridynn makes her smile. The genuine mutual affection for Ardin is touching, especially in light of the terrible tradegy and rift that seemed to take hold of her home in holdfast some months back.    "Huh.." she thinks to herself, chuckling "When did I actually start thinking of this chaotic place as home?"  Her face darkens slightly.  "My home was taken once before." Eyes flash with rage for a split second "Never again."  
The sound of fawn laugher from behind her quickly snaps her out of her reverie and makes her smile once more.  Enjoying a long almost indolent stretch, the slight cool breeze of the water reviving her, she gathers the pelts she had retreived from their winter den and begins to head toward her den. Then stops, a smile crossing her face as an idea forms. She doubles back around to "Accidentally" happen towards Ardins hut from the forest.

Abandoning her normal almost unconscious stealthy movements, she steps on a branch and allows the sound of her movements to alert them to her presence so not to startle them.

"Oh! Well hello little ones..."

Tor'vakkian_Enyamia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:14 pm

The quiet was nice, she realized as there was a break in conversation. In her pack, there was always some king of noise- Arluru were not the quiet sort and well... she was usually asleep during the day, when most of them were awake. That wasn't to say she didn't enjoy their noise, the sounds of her pack sleeping around her assured her that she wasn't alone. It was in listening to the silence and appreciating it that she heard the crack of a branch under foot.

Whipping around, hand going to her bandage pocket, she relaxed when she saw it was Enyamia. You could never be too careful in Holdfast. Rudi smiled widely at the Kaern. "Hello Enyamia! What brings you around here? Meditating?" She knew many people meditated at the circles; Holdfast had many mirja of all different types. She also meditated at them, even though she wasn't a mage of any kind. She could see magic, but she was no mage. The earth circle was sure nice to meditate at late at night, though.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down