Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far

4 posters

Go down

September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far Empty September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far

Post by Ceridwynn Fildais Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Friday:
- Not immediatly dying when Hellions attacked
- Getting so many hellion bits, including a skull!

Saturday:
Ceridwynn Fildais
Ceridwynn Fildais

Back to top Go down

September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far Empty Re: September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far

Post by Malva Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 am

I'll just do the thing where I just keep editing my post as I remember stuff:

Friday(Taka):
-Reforged sword Very Happy
-Giving Jaya a "lift"
-Big Elder Wild seed planting effort

Saturday(Malva):
-Tea Smile
-Our first attempt to defeat the plant core has failed. The medics are desperately trying to cure poisons and stitch wounds as the deck is being entombed in vines. Lady Val saunters over to the deck and gleefully explains over the chaos that "It's prank week! c: We have 7 years to catch up on! Here are the rules..."
-Teaching Marigold what bones are and why you don't want to break them.
-Continuing to brew mana even though there was a root around, breaking limbs. It broke Malva's wrist and she kept brewing, just to have mana to help against the roots.
-That mana got eaten up in like 10 minutes tops when I distributed it.
-Hey, nice, they killed Black Bart
-Post-plot popcorn in the citadel

Sunday(Malva):
-Spent most the morning brewing with Phineas and the apprentices.
-Really friendly squirrel hanging out in the wood pile while we brewed Very Happy

In general:
-I slept really well this game!!
-I got 5 recipes approved! And most of them were level 3 or 4. 2hr40mins of supervision, not including set up time and breaks.
-I used sooo many potions this game!! At least 30, not including poultices. Can't keep using contact gel at that rate, LOL

Last edited by Malva on Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far Empty Re: September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far

Post by Rudi Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:50 am

Friday Night (Rudi):
- Hellions and vines!
- Tfw no one realized they should probably use an AXE against the PLANTS. We're all very intelligent.
- No one died! Taka's throat did get ripped out, though.
- Degren can do good magic heals, apparently.

Saturday (Rudi):
- Early morning gathering with Theo! He broke a leg, Rudi broke her elbow and she also got poisoned but Niko had an antidote.
- Rosco helped us and our broken limbs.
- Going to help Marr and Dmitri with a plant. Getting hit on. Was very fun and Rudi is pretty oblivious to flirting.
- Going into the woods and a whippersnapper gets me for my hubris. Theo ,I was going towards you :<
- Vadim contact gel lusting himself and screaming for 10 minutes. Rudi didn't want him to die (she got saved by him) but... she didn't want to stay, certainly.
- THE LORDS! HOW COULD I FORGET THE LORDS! Lord Water asking Lord Earth for a hug was very very cute and very wholesome.
- Trying to deal with the plants with Auron. Marr helped Rudi not feel so conflicted about killing nature.
- Val has a Lot to prove in Rudi's eyes. That prank week announcement was... badly timed. (Love the player tho, and the idea.)
- "he bunkhouse is almost destroyed!"(takes a nap, don't care)

Rudi left to go to her pack at abouuuut 9 pm.
Unfortunately, for the first time ever, I had to leave this game early for medical reasons. Ya'll are lovely and I appreciate all of you though <3 (and i'm fine now!)
maybe i'll edit as I remember Razz

Last edited by Rudi on Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:02 pm

Friday Night:
-Arriving at site and being “insulted” during the temperature check. Ryan, that was precious.
-Entering game as Kallith and re-introducing myself to people. There was a group on the inn porch, “Hi, have any of you seen Phineas?” “Um, he’s around, but I’m not certain where. Who’s asking?” “Oh! Sorry, it’s Kallith.” “Kallith? Oh hey, aren’t you that psychic who meditates by-“ “Yes! STOP.”
-In my search for Phineas, chatting to a few people about psychic visions, and how mine was bizarrely mundane; “Go to Holdfast, take care of the kitchen.” Thanks, whatever psychic gods are out there  Neutral
-Finally locating Phineas, being given permission to take care of the kitchen, and being asked several times if I need help meditating. I was at full power, so no going down that rabbit hole yet.
-Sitting on the porch and picking at my fife, then chatting with Gull and getting some tips.

Saturday Morning:
-Getting up a bit early, tidying up the kitchen, and starting in on breakfast. I think I’ve got the rhythm down now. Plus, honey butter returns!  bounce
-Hearing a bunch of chatter that Lord Fire had appeared, and going to see for myself if this crazy claim was true. Turns out he wasn’t feeling very well.
-Bouncing around to the other circles to confirm that Lord Water and Lord Air also were not feeling well, but that Lord Earth was unaffected.
-Trying to get all the Lords together in one place to talk about things and figure our some leads. While Fire and Air were still on their way, there was this great little interaction; Lord Water: “Brother, it feels yucky, can I get a hug?” Lord Earth: “Is it truly THAT bad?”
-Hearing from the Lords their perspective on feeling awful, the ascended being a threat, and the “blessing” received by the earth circle. Also, Kallith having almost no idea what anyone is talking about
-Almost losing my temper and telling off Lord Air over the “babysitting children” comment. Learned after game that Lord Air wasn’t talking about the people of Holdfast at all, so… oops?
-Trying to get everyone together for a meeting about the circles/ascended/elder wild, and getting very frustrated when no one seemed to be showing up. In hindsight, I think most people were either getting things ready or finishing up something, but Niko mentioned that some people were “not interested.” Which leads us to…
-My patient, sympathetic, pacifist character storming around site, angrily yelling as loud as possible that people need to “Get together and talk about your fucking problems!” I sorta wonder how many of the neighbors heard that.
-The town meeting did eventually happen, and was one of the most open and constructive meetings I’ve seen since Epoch started. We covered the Axis, ascension, the elder wild… aaaand then we got distracted by plant monsters. Also, the inn is suddenly overgrown by vines. I’d like to give props to Lexicus for taking extensive notes, and to Degren for suggesting we start recording our information sources.  study
-Before the meeting completely broke up, there was a “core research & information” team put together (I don’t remember what you guys called yourselves, sorry), so that’s helpful! Also, apparently there’s a big poem about the ascended that Sylvie found; I got distracted and didn’t get to hear it this game, but I definitely want to.
-Sitting in the inn and getting further clarification on the ascended, the Axis, the elderwild, and everything else. I think Val and Lillium were there, and probably one other person I’m blanking on? Anyway, thank you for bringing my character up to speed!
-When serving lunch, I was paid more for that one meal then I’d make from Kallith’s full season of income. I could get used to this!
-The bunny. The horny, dirty bunny.
-The afternoon expedition into the woods to deal with the plant root was cool; I hung back quite a distance since I had absolutely zero combat skills, but I can do a little medic work. Glancing around, I saw some kind of creature in the woods, and postulated that it might be one of those peaceful walking tree creatures people had talked about with the Lords. Spoiler alert, it was not a tree creature, and it was far from peaceful.
-Watched from a distance as Auron, Marr, Lexicus, and a few others fought the various Whipper Weeds and Fleshtraps; fortunately no one was too badly hurt, so my help wasn’t needed. I also gave Marr a Project Emotion, hoping we could test out if the plant creatures were affected by psychic abilities. Sadly, that test never came to be.
-Marigold showing up to go on an adventure and look for a prince. In the forest. ‘Twas cute.
-Chatting with Ceridwyn and Lexicus about psychic power and how it works. Began teaching Lexicus the basics of psychic, and imparted a state to him so he could see what things looked like.
-All of that was fun and all, but after several encounters with the plant monsters, people needed time to repair armour and restore some mana (and I was down to two states); that led to some down-time in the field, and almost getting run over by people sparring, but it’s all good.
-Chatting with Jaya at the fire circle about how she became tiny from a ritual to hide from Godo. “You personally ticked off Godo? I was worried about that guy BEFORE I learned he was perversely ripping off the power of ancient human gods.” Cossidious: “What a dick move, right?”
-Reading sheet music with Gull! Both our instruments are in the same key, so we could read the same music (with no transposition) and sound pretty good!
-A series of bad jokes being discussed on the porch.
-Kallith was able to recover the four states used in the woods. That’s all the details you need.
-I’m also told that it’s prank week, and that a giant pie has been hurled across planes. Interesting.   jocolor

Saturday Evening:
-Apparently the butter chicken pies are very popular. We already have the pies made for next game, so those numbers are set, but we’ll see if we can make some more butter chicken in future.
-The vines are now wrapped so tightly around the inn & bunkhouse that the main doors are hard to access and the foundation is taking damage. I think the citadel took a beating as well, but I didn’t get out to see it.
-THE SONGS! “Arise and Follow Degren” is still stuck in my head, but of course my (absolutely and completely unbiased) favorite is… uhh… “The Psychic of Annum”? “His Third Eye”? I don’t actually know what Gull’s new song is called, but I still loved it.
-Hanging out down by the forge, and giving Lexicus some more practice and instruction on awakening his psychic abilities. Also chatted extensively with Keket on how to choose a good meditation, ‘cause Kallith has had a LOT of time to think about that topic.
-Black Bart and crew showing up and taking over the inn. We weren’t sure what was going on, so I gave Jaya a boost and she spied through the window. Where “boost” means “picked her up,” not the magic power-lending thing.
-Blood of the poppy, eight doses. That should be enough to knock them out, right? Right???
-Apparently not. It seems everyone in the inn was somehow put into stasis instead, and Sylvie was kidnapped. But we got her back, so that’s good.
-On the deck later on, chatting with a few people and suggesting we use our psychics to send an expedition to the elderwild. Just please, please, make it a peaceful one. Also, it seems that Talia was able to will herself into the elderwild earlier in the day, and planted… some kind of purple mana, seed thingy? I don’t know what that’s about.
-Our discussion and planning was interrupted by a series of floating, spinning axes. Typical night in Holdfast.
-Running around the field & buildings trying to help the injured was a lot of fun. My medic level isn’t high enough to patch anyone up, but I can at least get you stable and walk you to a better healer.
-At something like 11 PM it’s decided that now is absolutely the correct time to destroy the root core. And so we set off into the woods, with a dozen people and about three lanterns. The woods fought back.
-While the group was going through the process to kill the root, I was standing down the hill and kept hearing something moving off to the right. I think it was Mirisi, but I’m not at all sure.
-For the final blow, the group concludes that we need a syringe and needle. And so Mirisi and myself proceeded to climb back down the trail to try to get one from the expert medics. We didn’t have any lights with us. Good times.
-I got down and asked Keket for a needle, only to hear a bunch of people coming back down the trail. Turns out they didn’t need one after all, just a sword. Also, how did a bunch of you wind up going off the path???

Sunday Morning:
-Psychic teaching all the things! Lexicus had some more psychic practice; Hugo danced in the astral plane nearby so Lexicus would have something to focus on beyond other people’s states.
-Next, guiding Keket through her first meditation. YOU CAN LEARN TO MEDITATE WITHOUT COPYING THE TEACHER’S METHOD! She chose a great personal technique and seemed to really enjoy it.
-While Keket was about halfway through, Lysander approached and started asking what she was doing. While he wasn’t at his most belligerent, it was still quite an exercise in patience and delicate handling.
-Next, teaching Project Emotion to both Marr and Hugo. It’s a very cool psychic skill to teach, trying to put the OOG rules into IG descriptions is fun.
-Finally, I got training in Focus Mind! I GOT TRAINING IN SOMETHING! It’s been so long! Seriously though, that was a lot of fun, my thanks to Hugo for some great RP!
-I will briefly mention the sword that was used to kill the root, but I shall not name the “legendary” weapon. That’s Theo’s job.
-There was one other really cool thing I'm excited about, but I can't talk about it. I'm just leaving this note here to remind myself in future  Razz
-Kitchen was once again easier to clean up that normal, and for that I am happy. Also, it was fun to hear the new songs a few times while packing finished up.

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:48 pm

September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far 20200910

Last edited by Malva on Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:48 pm

September/ 2nd week of May: i can't believe we made it this far 20200911
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down