Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A conversation between Borin and Phineas

5 posters

Go down

A conversation between Borin and Phineas Empty A conversation between Borin and Phineas

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Borin stomps in to the tavern covered in rats blood and lays a gem on the counter. "Torvallis! there's a dead rat outside if you want te eat it'r somethin'. Phineas I want te talk te ye about somethin', I'll take an ale as well.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A conversation between Borin and Phineas Empty Re: A conversation between Borin and Phineas

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

The Halfling Tavernkeeper comes from the back-room carrying bits and pieces of things that managed to get broken over the last little while. With a well practiced, almost fluid, motion he pours an ale and sets it down in front of the Dwarf.

"Hello there Borin, my friend and elder-fae brother," he says. "What's on your mind?"
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

A conversation between Borin and Phineas Empty Re: A conversation between Borin and Phineas

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Borin takes a deep gulp of ale. "I've been thinkin' abou e family's heritage. They were merchants that daughter to defend themselves not fighters that sold for sustainable. I want to learn the ways o'the merchant and how to brew. I remember a few things about brewin' from home but not enough to make an ale as good as this." He holds his tankard up and takes another sip.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Phineas stops his hectic pace through the Inn to consider the Dwarf's statement.

"I think that that idea is a very good one! Somebody to share the work with would be beneficial to both of us!"

The Halfling stops for a moment and says the following: "I can readily teach you how to make a drinkable ale, but true Halfling Quality Brewing just cannot be achieved but by the very few!"

Phineas makes sure that the Dwarf is not insulted by the raw truth of his statement.

"But, of course, I can certainly teach you a thing or two or three!"
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 pm

"Dwarven ale n'hobbit brandywine are not the same thing lad I'm sure yer ale isn't quite as good as that of the Aleheart clan back in Iron Bay. Still, with no Alehearts in miles yer the next best thing."

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:18 pm

Horns's ears perked up at the word brew. He dropped the tankard he had been cleaning with a clang, and ran over to the Dwarf excitedly. "Ah, Phineas has been showing me the basics of brewing, as well!" He smiled broadly. "Perhaps we could learn together! I bet your Dwarven secrets would make stronger stuff to clean wounds with, and I bet it tastes better, too!"

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:23 pm

"Do not discredit our hosts skill, as I said before brandywine and ale are different and Hobbits make better wine. But I'd love te learn with ye.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Horns eyes went wide as he realized what he had said. "Nonono, that's not what I meant! Phineas's brandywine may very well be the best I've ever tasted, and where I grew up there was never a shortage of the good stuff!" Horns stared wistfully into the distance as the memories of all the festivals-and all of the special brews which inevitably accompanied them-he had taken part in came over him in a warm wave of nostalgia. He shook his head to clear it and get back on topic. "But imagine if we took the best of both, and put them together! Or used bits of one method to get better results from the other!" Horns practically swooned at the notion. "Imagine how good it would be!"

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:44 am

The Halfling Tavernkeeper stops short at the enthusiasm of his Fawn apprentice.

"Horns, my friend, I don't think that I could of said it any better myself!"

Phineas pours both another beverage of their choice.

"A good tavern keeper is always looking for the best way to look after their clientele! And a brewer is always striving to improve their skills! And making the very best ale and brandywyne is a point of real pride for a Halfling such as myself."

After a moment to take in the scene of the three of the Fae discussing the finer of the consumable arts, he continues.

"With the three of us, we may combine to take Fae brewing, vintnering and beverage concoctioning to new heights!"
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:43 am

"Now that sounds like an idea fer the ages. When does training begin?"

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Rhoswen Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:59 am

[[June 29, 424: approx. 6:30PM]]

The door to the Watering Hole swings open. Enters the baroness. Making her way to the bench, she takes a seat at the other side of the tavern, alone.

She unlatches a glass bottle from her belt. It appears to have a bubbling clear liquid inside. Pulling out a vial from her pouch, Decima pours a small few droplets of a bright red serum into the bottle. It appears to spread like wildfire without so much as a shake from her hand!
"Mmm..." She lets out a slight murmur as she sips the bubbling red liquid.

Octavia Rhoswen

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:24 am

With the entrance of the newcomer, Phineas the Halfling Tavernkeeper immediately jumps up to take care of Decima's desires.

"Welcome m'lady!" Phineas says very enthusiastically. "Something to eat or drink?"

Phineas takes an extra effort to tidy up the area of the tavern near her.
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Rhoswen Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:35 pm

[[June 29, 424: approx. 6:35]]

The lady removes her hands from the table.

"No, thank you, Phineas. T'is very kind of you," she speaks.

Octavia Rhoswen

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Making sure that the lady is, indeed, quite comfortable, Phineas nods.

"Very well!"

He returns to the Dwarf and Faun, by way of behind the tavern's counter with two mugs and two small glasses. He puts one of each in front of Borin and Horns.

"Have a sip of these and you can taste the quality of what you can, with time, learn to make!"
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Borin takes a small sip out of the first glass. Not small enough apparently because he drank all of it. It was delicious but he had always resented the fact that the servings were so small. Then he took a gulp out of the mug, glad that he managed to fill his mouth up with this one he noted how though the quality of flavour was no lower, it tasted nothing like what was in the first glass.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:58 pm

The Halfling continues. "And as far as learning about being a merchant, I believe that you have already learned a great deal, from me and others, to handle some of your own affairs with a decent showing."

"You know that value of obtaining goods when requested, even if it is just a chicken for the pot or a small smithing job!"

The Halfling smiles at the Dwarf and adds, " You may want to work on your chicken hunting skills, though…"

Finally he says, "You still have a lot to learn. So do we all!"

[OOG: I will sign off as a teacher for Life Skill: Merchant I]
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

[June 29th, approx 6:35pm]

Horns lifted the small glass to his face and sniffed the liquid inside as he listened to his Halfling teacher. The smell was divine; it was truly some of the good stuff. He took a slow sip and savored the delicate taste of the drink. He resisted the urge to let out a happy, "Mmmmmm," lest he interrupt. He slowly but happily finished the drink and smiled.

Turning his attention to the mug, he raised it and took a big swig. He noted, like Borin, that it was equally as good as the first, but completely different. He quickly finished the mug and put it down with a small thump. His thirst was quenched, and he felt incredibly satisfied.

To Phineas's last comment, Horns smiled and replied, "Good thing we have you to teach us, then!"

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down