Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosco and Rudi finally fight

2 posters

Go down

Rosco and Rudi finally fight Empty Rosco and Rudi finally fight

Post by Rudi Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:45 pm

(Oog: I'm very funny. this is just training)

Rudi stands on the deck of the inn, idly watching the birds fly around. She thinks to toss bird seed to them, but remembers she has none. She settles for chugging the rest of her coffee.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Rosco and Rudi finally fight Empty Re: Rosco and Rudi finally fight

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:53 pm

It's weird to be in Holdfast this time of year. The bitter wind nips at what little of Rosco's skin is exposed and the sun, though bright, is nothing but cold. Rosco is sitting where he usually does to meditate, perched on one of the picnic tables with his feet on the bench. The bell isn't chiming this time, but rather he's putting it back in it's small pouch when he finally notices Rudi. Had she been there the whole time? He's always thought he was observant despite the meditation, but perhaps that wasn't true. He turns his body a bit to face her.

"Are you busy?"
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:01 pm

She hears Rosco talk to her mid-coffee chug. She downs the rest of the drink, pulling a slight face at the bitter taste. She wishes, not for the first time this week, that she didn't give herself chronic insomnia again. But... Gull needs her states, so she must save them for him.

She smiles at Rosco. "Not really! Just watching the birds... well, and drinking coffee. but the coffee is gone and.." She looks around".. the birds are gone. What's up?"
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Oh, the birds are gone. Rosco frowns a bit. They're such lovely company during meditation.

He looks back to Rudi. "Right! I need to learn something from you. Something psychic. I want to be able to get myself back into the inn if I go down on the field and I know you know how to push through pain well by using your psychic energy. Can you teach me?"
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:18 pm

Rudi nods. "I can do that!" She pauses. "But I only do it after I get so hurt i'd pass out otherwise. So..." She stops and thinks. She hasn't trained much in psychic before, and block pain was from knowledge conduit.

"I'm going to beat you."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:27 pm

"Wh—" Rosco seems taken aback by the blunt statement, though after some pondering it makes sense. Z has used the skill frequently and many times he's barely made it to Rosco before dropping to the ground. "Okay but...just..." He pauses, deciding he can control his anger long enough to spar with a friend. "Yeah, okay. Let's go."
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:37 pm

"I'll heal you up after. And if you defend yourself, so be it. You can heal me! You just don't get to complain about it." She sticks her tongue out at him. She paces the short walk to the field, letting him catch up before starting to talk.

"I think the best comparison I can make is like.... when you're so cold that you don't feel anything, not even when you pinch yourself. Block pain is kinda like that, but also different. It's about ignoring the pain, focusing on the next thing you need to do. Usually that next thing is 'get to the inn of gosh get to the inn' but I digress. Does that make sense?"
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:00 pm

Rosco sheds a few layers as he goes, tossing bags, his scarf and even his jacket onto the table. No use in fighting with those weighing you down.

Rudi explains and he listens intently, nodding along. "Easy enough to do when you've gotta get back to the medic table." He thinks about all the times he's ended up in the field. Most times he's been too angry to think straight, but on the occasion he's out there on accident....all he can think about is getting back in, needing to help, people depending on him. Especially when Rudi is away.
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:04 pm

"Right! So now that we both understand." Rudi sheds her field kit and her outer cloak, no need for those. Then she steps close to Rosco, balls up her fist, and punches him square in the chest with whatever force she can muster. Which is to say, a relatively normal punch. Enough to hurt. (Oog: 2 Mauling from Rudi's tiny baby fist.)

"What do you feel."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:43 pm

Rosco tries to brace himself when he sees the fist coming toward him, yet still, he sways slightly under the force. A grunt escapes him as the first punch lands, something that will become more tolerable over the next few minutes, but right now is a stark reminder of just how brutal fighting is. "Ow. I feel ow."
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 pm

Rudi nods at his observation and, before he fully has the chance to recover, punches him again. "Don't focus on the pain. What do you have to do next?"
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:56 pm

There's no pause before he punches Rudi back as hard as he can. It's not very hard, but he immediately recoils once he does. He realizes quickly that his anger may be more difficult to hold back than he imagined. "Eh, sorry."

(Oog: One mauling)
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:41 pm

Rudi expects the punch, at least at some point. Maybe not this point, as she feels her breath leave her for a moment- caught off guard. "I expect you to punch me, actually. I know you're going to try to defend yourself. besides, I can take quite a few of those!" She smiles it off. "Now, focus. If i'm an enemy, and i've just knocked you down, you're going to have to get past me somehow.. Oh. wait!" She has a single thought and touches Rosco, not a punch, but an impart. (Impart state - Block Pain)
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:13 pm

He instinctively flinches at the touch, his body still in fight or flight mode. Once the feeling of imparted psychic energy washes over him his shoulders slump a bit, relaxing. He smiles at Rudi. "Right! That's probably the best way to learn this."
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:26 pm

Rudi thinks. Should she punch him again now or- She's such a novice at teaching others. She sees now why Theo knowledge conduits rather than having to explain how to connect with psychic energy. It's so different for everyone. "I want you to kinda, hold it? It feels a bit like focusing your mind- but stronger. It has an impact on your body, too."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:11 am

He nods, doing as Rudi instructed and focusing his newfound energy. She's right, it does feel similar to focusing his mind during a fight, but this time there's a blast of renewed physical health that ignites in him. "Oh!" He exclaims between his focus. "I can feel it."
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:27 pm

Rudi punches him again, hard (Oog- 2 mauling). "Then use it."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content