Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Season Finale! - Sept. 2015

+8
Skyrius Ventus
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Ivy
Gerogie
Borin Ironhammer
Torvallis!
Malva
Timmean
12 posters

Go down

2015 Season Finale! - Sept. 2015 Empty 2015 Season Finale! - Sept. 2015

Post by Timmean Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Event Memories from the Sept. 18-20 game!

(Saturday night, in Marwal's 'happy place,' after Marcus and Malva were released, and Timmean was still unconscious):

Boris: Sooo, my lady, what are you going to do with this one? Do you want me to kick him?
Marwal: Well, I've already kicked him a few times.
Boris: Ahhh, okay, I will not kick him.
Marwal: No, no, that's okay, you can kick him. Let's see, where should I have you kick him... Boris, what's your favourite place to eat?
Boris: Ohh, I like a little place just outside of Moscow!

(Somehow, I don't think that's what she meant)

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

2015 Season Finale! - Sept. 2015 Empty Re: 2015 Season Finale! - Sept. 2015

Post by Malva Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:24 pm

-Strike dumb-ing Timmean
-Me: "Sharon, do you know a great place to eat your supper?"
Sharon: *genuinly confused and probably tired* "What, where?"
Me: "Right next to me while I make a potion!"
-Losing an eye and yet making Volk jealous??
-Making terrible puns while Timmean tries to be serious:
Timmean (talking about Marwell): "We need to avoid her!"
Me: "Heh, aVOID her?"
Sky: "You know, I was in love with her for 10 minutes"
-"Goblin is awesome!"
-My random flora income
-New players being confused as to why Volk had cake
-Frozen people taking advantage of the only muscles they could move to hum as we were about to get eaten

P.S. Quit squishing everything
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Borin Ironhammer Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:02 pm

-Drinking to the founding of the militia but not actually helping them

-Keeping Timmean under control whIle the bandits were being held

-Being put on trial and my legal defence just kept yelling guilt and pointing at me.

-My punishment for being found guilty was taking care of a little round thing. Little did I know. Big shout out to jude's character for helping with that.

-Finding out Ulthar wasn't dead and the actual history of my family and learning goldsmithing  from him.

-Scrambling to try and save Ulthar only to find out he was to far gone

-Putting my smithing work on hold all afternoon to build a tomb and the silver weapon almost wasn't ready in time for dark

-Trying to peddle mana and no one buying and then giving it all away to prove I'm not a terrible person for leaving before shit went down.

-Everyone being so ready to fight when the helions showed up and everyone Scrambling to recover when they were gone

-Everyone humming "I've beenworking on the railroad" while frozen

-Sitting Oog with Rob while Timmean talks to Lynn and seeing how long it would take for him to figure it out.

-Everyone calling Timmean am old man

-Opal getting a spider egg mob five minutes before game was called. She said she left her staff where she found the egg then couldn't find her staff. I thought she was leading me around the woods Oog trying to kill time until game was called so she wouldn't have to fight it.

Last edited by Borin Ironhammer on Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerogie Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:41 pm

(Hey! There are a lot of trails).

I enjoyed our new song

"I'm a pretty lady,
I'm a pretty lady,
I'm a pretty lady,
and Borin Sucks

"I'm a pretty fawn,
I'm a pretty fawn,
I'm a pretty fawn,
and old Tim sucks"

and Horns getting hit in the face for the song once, and almost the second time.

Everything about the goblin child was fun. Borin makes a poor father, and the child would make a poor book mage - it just pulled on my hair whenever I tried to teach it to read)

Poking fun at Timmean and giving him the nickname "old man Tim". He is going to hate Opal. Also hearing a few people hoping that it sticks. Also Timmean agreeing to let me spin him... and volk. I'm just going to spin the other champions for fun now.

I didn't get to see much of the fight because I was fire marshal but I enjoyed being blended with air to watch Torvallis! pour water, boiling water, and urine onto the necrodancer's drum.

I like having a reason to stay other than the search for dragons though

Gerogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:05 pm

-Humming in unison with the others while frozen

-The red cap execution

-Giving up on trying to fight the Necrodancer head on and trying to find alternate ways to defeat him.

-Sparring with Marcus and the militia.

Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:01 am

-Stumbling into town drunk Whilst singing.

-Playing guitar in the tavern, and outside.

-Singing the maiden from Stonebury Hollow (South park stick of truth bard song) To the Necrodancer.

-Walking with Malikov through the woods while he gathered ingredients.

-Sparing with the militia.

-Sneaking from the vampires with Volk; Then once I thought everyone was dead, or had left, sneaking out of town.

-Coming back the next morning drunk.

-Being called out with 2 hp and not sure how to run away because of having to get into the same positioning as the inn. I believe it went something like this.
Grayfeared: "Oog: How do I run when called out"
Sharon: "You just run"
Grayfeared: (In a calm manor with 3 skeletons closing in) "Oh, Ok" *Turns around and books it*

-The amazing acting of the cast.

-Chastising my axe for getting lost everywhere.

-Learning awareness from Torvallis!

-(Both OOG and IG) Meeting a lot of awesome people.

I'm sure there's more I will reminisce about as the days pass by. During the winter months I shall remember them fondly. And, when that cold breaks and spring is born anew, I shall venture forth to join you once more!
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyrius Ventus Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:31 am

- Watching Degren dump all of his ale on the ground.
- Having my comrades infected by parasites was.... entertaining.
- Meeting the Lovely Lady Val.
- Believing I was a bird....and a cat....and falling in love with Malva. *Sigh
- The nights are as frightening as you all say. 0.0
- "I do not drink. No ale for me" ....**Marcus dies/ goes missing**....."GET ME AN ALE!"
- The Necrodancer proved to be a real threat.
- Running around the dark woods with Lady Val and two weapons and a cape at midnight proved to be a valiant effort, but fallen trees and Sky do not mix well.
- BORIS WHY U SO STUPID.

(Oog) <- lol .....Had a blast, nothing less than fantastic! Can't wait for 2016.
Skyrius Ventus
Skyrius Ventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:26 am

This was a really fantastic event. I want to say thank-you to everyone who showed up (All 21 of you glorious people) for making it that way, especially the cast! You guys really made this event the best it could be.

As always, I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of these, but I'll list some of the fantastic things I remember:

-"Treating" Volk by nearly drowning him
-The 3am ideas to treat the infected (A big thank-you to Sharon, who must not have slept a wink, for staying up with us. And to the cast member, who I think might have been Brian, who was also up during that time and did the ghost and such!)
-The make-shift infirmary during the Necrodancer fight, when everyone was scrambling in as soon as they had someone to take them and out as soon as they were healed. I felt like an actual part of the fight, with the same intensity that fighters must feel. That was sweeeeeeeeeeet.
-Singing Lady Borin Jr's Song
-Borin punching Horns in the face because Horns was singing Lady Borin Jr.'s song
-Making Borin pay Horns because the dwarf punched him in the face
-Making fun of Old Man Tim (And almost getting smacked again for singing a revised version of the same song)
-The fireworks, because holy shit I was not expecting that. That was awesome.
-As always, the food was amazing, and all the people who cooked are incredible and awesome and have the sincere thanks of my stomach.
-Performing surgery, like, three times in one event! Very Happy Plus a shitload of medic-related things which weren't just healing HP! Very Happy I got to have so much fun with Medic! Very Happy
-Meeting 7 (Or something like that) new, amazing people, both in game and out! Very Happy I hope to see and befriend you all more as time goes on. Very Happy
-Special shout-out to Jude, who despite being new seemed to be working the entire event without stopping!
-Also to Chickie, who always does that, and who I doubt I've actually thanked for it.

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:43 pm

-Every time I entered the inn, it felt like i was playing a RPG video game and entering a tavern.
-collecting and looting the bodies.
-fighting Black Bart and his crew.
-getting selected as lord earths champion.
-talking to the necrodancer and learning what happened to him and his sister.
-finaly getting to hurt the necrodancer.
-trecking through the woods to kill Marwall.
-hiding in the woods waiting for Boris and Anastasia to think they had captured everyone.
-getting to act like Doomsday preacher Volk and everyone believing him.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lessa Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Hmm: favourite memories: coming BACK to Bartville, getting caught and almost dying, then asking for cake and getting it -- again!!
The goblin "trial"
Torvallis!'s response to learning what Borin's goblin punishment was
The "I'm a pretty baby" song and how it turned into a refrain. Christian: sorry/not sorry! you're too much fun to torment.
Flying into an elven rage at the treatment of an innocent snake; also meeting someone else from Tor Jadin.
The necrodancer: "that's the rudest performance I've ever seen!" (It was an awesome performance, by the way).
Jude's character bawling every time the baby was mentioned
I love Boris and Anastasia. They are fun to play!
I have 3 songs running through my head: the pretty baby song, "everyone knows it's windy," and the glory glory song hummed while frozen
The parasite problem was fun to be unconscious for: some amazingly creative ideas!
The look on Torvallis' face when the priestess reminded them exactly which hat they were wearing...
Being a librarian was fun!
Picking berries at the end, also eating that delicious bread pudding
The food was wonderful once again!
I've missed lots, and only wish I had seen still more. I didn't see a single redcap encounter!
The new players added so much to the event with all their energy and humour! The music was great. The seasoned players really let loose and had fun. All the players took risks and leapt in.

Lessa
Lessa

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:49 pm

The music: Thanks to Ryan for the Guitar, Rob for the Drums and everyone for singing from time to time!

The food: Chickie, with Jude’s help, did a great job of keeping us fed and Adam, the grilled meat was fantastic!!!

The spectacle: We had fireworks!!!!!!

The people: We had more than 20 people! Including a great group of fantastic newbies.

The LARP!

Borin on Trial:
Borin’s Goblin Lawyer: He’s guilty. Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!

Black Bart’s plans not going exactly planned. But they did disappear in the middle of the night ….

You know your in a LARP when …
Pathetic girl ghost: “Help me!!!”
Marcus, head of the Militia: “Bugger off!

Goblin Baby!

Old, very old, Old Man Timmean.

Lord Fire makes Torvallis his Champion.
Torvallis begins to praise(?) him.
Lord Fire: “The sound of my voice mutes you".

Goblin Baby’s song: “I’m a little baby and Borin SUCKS!!!!!”

Most tender moment of the event for me:
Ulthar Ironhammer: “I am really proud of you Borin …” Croak!

My greatest fear: the possibility that there could have been a “Dance Off” between the skeleton hoard and the townsfolk.

Then the Necrodancer sez: “That’s the Rudest performance that I have ever heard!”

Anastasia: “Boris, why you so stupid!!!!”

An almost complete line of “frozen food” lined up for the fireworks.

Volk “faked frozened out” Boris.

Evil Dark Lady: “Boris, what's your favourite place to eat?” (meaning body part).
Boris: “There a little place outside of Moscow …”
“Unconscious Timmean”: laughs.

Explodable pig-like things.

It’s going to be a long time until next summer! See you then!
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Lots of memories this time around! Some of them even from outside the game.

Friday:
- Lots of fresh food prices, but holy hotdogs, enormous grocery store lineups!
- Stopping at the river of boats. On a completely unrelated topic, I may or may not have just downloaded Ingress.
- The goblins kidnapping Borin. And while I know Timmean wasn't at the trial, it was hard not to OOG overhear the yells of "GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!!!"
- Having an intolerance as a drawback can lead to some awesome roleplaying opportunities! Or it can suck. But hey, that's why they're disadvantages. On a related note, at least I got to go to bed when Timmean was knocked out (love the roleplaying, but real life sometimes demands sleep).

Saturday: (SOOO much to remember!)
- Being criticized for still wearing my "old rags" (btw: I still have those clothes, and do plan to use them sometimes! Maybe in the winter events, because they're far warmer than my usual costume)
- Meditating at the earth circle while everyone was having lunch. Then having horns show up looking terrified (I think because Ulthar died), shortly followed by a redcap. Trying to defend the circle with just me and horns proved to be very difficult, but we managed to draw him away in time for Volk to show up and deal with things. P.S.: Rob, you're terrifying when playing a crazy character
- Sitting around with everyone on the porch and just chatting. Plus the time we had a redcap tied up on the porch, and the resulting debate of "So, do we kill him or not?"
- Walking up the path, seeing Malva crouched down behind some trees on the other side of the field, and rushing over to find out what she was hiding from. Turns out she was just picking berries >.>
- Trying to find a solution to the parasite problem. In particular, destroying the nest for horns. "So Marcus, are you prepared to take on these parasites?" Thinks for a moment, "These... Confederate parasites?" (cue the charge). Then, when we reach the ruins, someone said "Perhaps we should wait for Horns to get here, then we can address this carefully." To which Marcus screamed, lunged into the ruins, and began tearing out debris with his bare hands. Classic.
- Wading into the water, trying to spot Opal and the seal-thing, only to have Opal pop out on the shore right behind me.
- The young goblin, who's vocabulary grew at an astounding rate.
- Getting to call everyone out of the inn just because Rob admitted to being pirates. Then getting hit with a psychic effect to keep me from going berserk. Again.
- Lots and lots of anti-vampire planning.
- Still confused about how I ended up as the water champion, despite only meditating at & giving mana to the earth circle.
- Even more confused about my sudden excess of mana. Between everything left from last game, my regular income, becoming the water champion, and the extra mana Borin gave me before leaving town, I had my bag AND pockets stuffed full. Never had THAT problem before.
- All us medics working like crazy to keep everyone going, particularly during the intense night battle. When it became clear the combat wasn't getting the job done, it was so fun going out and yelling at the necrodancer to try and distract him.
- Walking right past Boris & Anastasia while they were freezing everyone. Then Marwall materialized for a moment, just long enough to kick my cane >.> Also, Boris: "I think that is all, I can't find anyone else!" Anastasia: "That is because you are stupid!"
- Getting very beat up by a very pissed-off vampire (and Boris & Anastasia). Ribs, jaw, eye, leg, and kneecap... AGAIN!
- When Timmean got back to the inn with those injuries: Horns: "I'm going to bed. I'm too tired to do surgery right now." Timmean: "WHAT?!?"
- Deciding to knock himself out with magic, Timmean pulls out a water mana to zap himself. Volk: "No, don't waste the mana!" Walks over and immediately punches Timmean into unconsciousness... causing him to drop the mana >.> So I got to go to bed because Timmean was knocked unconscious... again Razz

Sunday:
- An epic early-morning mana walk. I decided to clean up all the OOG stuff, since I wanted to get up but Timmean couldn't move on his own. It meant I got to see all the aftermath from Saturday's big battle!
- The kitchen that cleaned itself! (I was still OOG since no one was up to deal with Timmean's knee, and Torvallis hadn't come into game yet. Chickie, you can explain who made breakfast if you want Razz)
- The first breakfast of all four champions! While Timmean was unconscious >.>
- Throwing ice/lightning at people for annoying the immobile Timmean. After the mute effect was removed.
- Opal using an air spin on Volk while Torvallis and one of the other people was stuck to him (sorry, didn't really see who, Timmean couldn't sit up very easy)
- Don't remember his name, but the great/terrible sailor hedgehog!
- Getting operated on, again, and then having this Link character show up... WHO TURNED OUT TO BE LYNN! At least Timmean has a few less things to worry about now.

Whew! That was a lot to type! Awesome weekend Smile My thanks to Chickie for the great work cooking (as usual), to Adam for the steaks, and to Jude, Jennifer, and everyone else who helped out with chores. Cleaning up went so smoothly, it was great! Also, thanks to Sharon, Rob, Brian, and Helen for another great game and season!

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:30 pm

More memories!
-Realizing that Lessa could make void mana and wondering why we didn't do this ages ago
-Deciding to add glitter to my burnout potion
Me: "Yeah, I heard vampires like glitter"
Sharon: *Whacks me in the head several times with something plastic*
-Marwell/Sharon being goofy at trying to eat me
Sharon: *Kneels down on my arm*
Sharon: "Permission for physical contact?"
Also...
Sharon/Marwell (Trying to drink my blood): *Seems confused by my fur scarf*
Me: "Uh, it's safety pinned, I can unpin it for you"
Sharon: "No, that's fine" *Pushes scarf onto my face*
Me: "No, really, I can unpin it"
Sharon: "No, no, it's fine" *Pushes scarf up over my eyes*
-Two people are paralyzed, I see Opal flipping through her spell book trying to find something useful. I still think "The Air Will Spin You!" would've been a perfect solution.
-Someone used an untaint on someone infected with a parasite and it didn't work. Malikov then pulled out an antidote and had them use it, meanwhile I was making distressed pterodacty noises because noooooo
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Also poking a spider to death through a barely opened window with my sword
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content