Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meanwhile, in the bunkhouse . . .

2 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Meanwhile, in the bunkhouse . . . Empty Re: Meanwhile, in the bunkhouse . . .

Post by Horns Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Horns's ears perked up. He could have sworn he heard someone call out his name, so he put down the rag he was using to clean a table and listened intently. After a minute of silence, he shrugged and went back to his work. Another shout rang out. 'Melba?' Horns thought. 'Oh, they must mean Malva. Wait, they yelled for me, and then they yelled about Malva. Is she hurt? Does she need medical attention? Oh, rabbit turds, where's my kit?' With a panicked expression, Horns uselessly ran around the tavern for a bit before he saw his bag laying against the counter. "I'M COMING!" He screamed, running towards the bunkhouse while rummaging through his bag. As he was running, he realized he didn't know what the emergency was, and therefore had no idea what he would need, but the rummaging made him feel more productive.

He slammed into the room and with a feeling of dread watched Torvalis! shake Malva violently. He rushed over and checked for a pulse, instantly fearing the worst. Within seconds, he found one, and breathed a sigh of relief.
"Torvalis!, she's just alseep!" Horns frowned and continued. "She's a very deep sleeper, though." He shook his head and refocused. "What was all that yelling about?"

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Horns thought for a moment. "Okay, in order: No, we don't hibernate. She may have made a sleeping potion, but she never mentioned it, so I doubt it. We should always be on the lookout for demon sausages." Horns shivered. "Just in case. If she were nocturnal, we would see her awake at night, which I haven't, I'm not sure about anyone else. And I have no idea about vampire fauns, but does it matter?" Horns began examining Malva, trying to determine what might be wrong. "Hm... She's definitely alive, she hasn't been knocked unconscious, she's not bleeding from anywhere, she's not in a psychic trance," Horns looked up at Torvalis and confided, "Phineas taught me what to look for to determine that." He smiled, and returned to his exam. "She's not in alchemical stasis, she hasn't been poisoned, and she has no signs of any disease I'm familiar with. It's possible she's in the demon-sheep-sleep, since I never got to actually see what it looks like in the real world, but why would she be the only one affected? That doesn't make sense. Plus, none of the people we saw in the dream talked about people going back in once they get out."

Horns sighed, got up, and walked back to get a full view of the sleeping faun. "She just seems... Asleep. It could be a potion or psychic-y stuff or magic causing it; I have no way to tell. Or she could just be exhausted and a heavy sleeper. Or something else. Do you have any ideas as to what it could be, or what we could try? You know much more about magic than I do, and we have different experience with alchemy."

~~~~~~~~~~

{OOC: I'm not really sure what to do here, so I'm trying to keep the options open. I elimnated the things my character would know because of Medic, because it wouldn't make sense for him to miss that stuff (That includes trances, from the Medic skill description, but I thought I'd bring in Phineas for a little flavour), and I'm not really sure what, if anything, should be wrong with her, especially since she's not around to tell us what she might like. I hope I haven't eliminated what it should be, but I'm happy to fix it by saying Horns missed something or did part of the exam wrong.}

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Horns quickly checked his medical bag to make sure all his loose ingredients were still there. He muttered as he went through the list. "... Swamp root bark, Athelas... Spider webbing," he finished. He turned back to Torvalis!. "Alright, lead the way! I'll grab my cauldron and whatnot from the Alchemy Guild area while we're out." Horns smiled, having complete trust in the fire mage's plan. The others seemed wary of Torvalis!, but Horns was never sure why; Horns had only ever seen them try to help people, like they were trying to help Malva. As far as Horns was concerned, bad, suspicious people didn't tend to want to learn how to nurse people back to health, or make poultices to make people better, and Torvalis! had asked to learn both. Thinking about how silly people could be to judge so harshly a person who was actually so sweet, Horns whistled a little tune and gestured Torvalis! to lead the way.

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Horns Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:38 pm

{OOC: Alright, no problem!}

Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down