Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking out [rock] cleavage

2 posters

Go down

Checking out [rock] cleavage Empty Checking out [rock] cleavage

Post by Zar/Herr Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Herr arrives at the forge and sits for a while, hoping Degren will come by so he can learn some Geology as Degren had agreed to earlier.
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Checking out [rock] cleavage Empty Re: Checking out [rock] cleavage

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:58 am

Degren walks down into the forge, carrying a small satchel. He sits across from Herr and lays the contents of the bag out in front of him. From the bag, a few stones, about the size of a fist, roll out, as well as a small pick axe. "Alright then. So, lemme warn you now. Beginning level geology isn't like the rest of the skills out there. It ain't like Alchemy or smithing, where you need to practice and read, learning the very detailed and indispensable details that make up the craft. We're not gonna go over every one of the countless number of stones and ores that exist and how to better extract them. That comes later. Instead, today, I'm just gonna give ye some advice and show you a few things to look fer." He plucks a reddish rock from amidst the stones, "This here's iron, and it's fairly common around these hills. Just look fer reddish deposits in the stone, then dig 'er up. Silver, and other such things are more difficult to find, but you will learn it in time." he pulls a gleaming, beautiful stone, " This is quartz, and is common, too. It can't be worked into weapons, or melted down into jewellery, but it's gorgeous. It comes in hues of purple, rose, and many more, and is often traded readily in these parts. If you see any, grab 'em. They might be useful." he puts the stones down and wipes the dust from his hands, " Other than those few, specific types of ore, there isn't much more to the skill. My only advice is to go into the mountains, bring a pick, and learn the way of the land. Look for stones, old mines, and anything of interest, then dig it up and bring it home for further study."
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar/Herr Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Herr nods, examining the few rocks to remember their appearance and shrugs "well alright, that makes enough sense, i'm sure i can figure out things myself. Thanks for the brief lesson!" Herr gets up and, before leaving, mentions "since i'll be collecting things from time to time, let me know if you need anything specific." Herr leaves the forge.
Zar/Herr
Zar/Herr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down